PDA

View Full Version : Broncos sixth-round pick QB Tom Brandstater, quoted on VailDaily.com

Bronco Rob
04-28-2009, 04:19 PM
Broncos sixth-round pick QB Tom Brandstater, quoted on VailDaily.com regarding his intentions to compete for a starting job immediately: "I will work for the starting job. That's my goal. Then again, I'll accept my role once it's delivered. I'm going to go in there and work like I'm the starter and see what happens." Brandstater, who shares an agent with Chiefs QB Matt Cassell, continued:: "I'm just ecstatic to get his coach who helped him so much. (Cassel) spoke really highly of coach McDaniels. I'm blessed and fortunate to be in this situation. It's all about the where, and I ended up in a good place. I don't care where I fell as long as I'm in a good place. I feel very strongly that I'm in a good place.":

:~ohyah!:

jacob2125
04-28-2009, 04:25 PM
I like his attitude.

BTW, do you pronounce it Brand-stat-er or Brand-state-er?

Smiling Assassin27
04-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Brady's-tater...

Where's Plummer???
04-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Brady's-tater...

HAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Archer81
04-28-2009, 04:31 PM
6'5 qb named Tom drafted in the 6th round...why not?

:Broncos:

Popps
04-28-2009, 04:33 PM
Of course, rookies are going to say these kinds of things... but I believe it's sincere. He knows if he had a great camp, he'll get a look as a starter. Clearly, McD isn't afraid to go with a rookie. He's shown he can do it.

Where's Plummer???
04-28-2009, 04:34 PM
]6'5 qb named Tom drafted in the 6th round...why not?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1OMiSrEJXnY/R2_ry_J8_WI/AAAAAAAAFK0/YJ00RB5x69U/s400/brady.jpg

THAT BASTARD!!!

Archer81
04-28-2009, 04:35 PM
]

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_1OMiSrEJXnY/R2_ry_J8_WI/AAAAAAAAFK0/YJ00RB5x69U/s400/brady.jpg

THAT BASTARD!!!

LOL. Yes exactly.

IHaveALight
04-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Of course, rookies are going to say these kinds of things... but I believe it's sincere. He knows if he had a great camp, he'll get a look as a starter. Clearly, McD isn't afraid to go with a rookie. He's shown he can do it.

He has? Which rookie has he done it with?

Taco John
04-28-2009, 04:39 PM
I like his attitude.

BTW, do you pronounce it Brand-stat-er or Brand-state-er?

Tom B.

TheReverend
04-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Most important and revealing part: "Brandstater, who shares an agent with Chiefs QB Matt Cassell"

Popps
04-28-2009, 04:44 PM
He has? Which rookie has he done it with?

Well, Cassel wasn't a rookie.. but he had no NFL experience to speak of.

You don't think he'll give him a fair chance to win a job?

Archer81
04-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Possible this kid could be starting against Cinci.

tsiguy96
04-28-2009, 04:49 PM
100% no chance he starts this year.

hope hes got a future though atleast as good backup as we gave a 5th next year for him.

Archer81
04-28-2009, 04:51 PM
100% no chance he starts this year.

hope hes got a future though atleast as good backup as we gave a 5th next year for him.

We'll see.

ro_50
04-28-2009, 05:01 PM
If he becomes a solid backup, that's my ceiling expectations for him.

If he becomes a starter, than's an added bonus!

TheReverend
04-28-2009, 05:05 PM

WTF?

That might be applicable if Cassel had won his job...

GeniusatWork
04-28-2009, 05:05 PM
I think it is real smart to find tall QB's with skills.

~Crash~
04-28-2009, 05:07 PM
http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS311&q=Tom+Brandstater+vidieo&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=cIv3SZvVCpCMtgejyeykDw&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&resnum=4&ct=title

dood is a scrub

USMCBladerunner
04-28-2009, 05:08 PM
It's certainly possible he'll develop into a starting caliber QB, but I seriously doubt it's going to happen during his rookie year.

yerner
04-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Does he throw a 3 quarters side arm type motion? Couldn't tell by the video. Fresno state was decent, right?

TheManeMan
04-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Being Fresno State alumni and following the Bulldogs for awhile I can say I'm super excited about Brandstater getting drafted as a project. Yes Yerner, his throwing motion is a little weird but, he has a very quick release. Fresno St had high hopes for him as he replaced Paul Pinnegar a few years back. He never really blossomed in Pat Hill's offense (not too much talent behind him)and the team wasnt too successful. IMO, he has the size and arm strength to defintely warrant a roster sport in Denver this year. He needs a some work, hopefully McDaniels can sprinkle some of his QB fairy dust on him and coach him up right. Should be fun to watch!

Sodak
04-28-2009, 06:28 PM
Everyone is talking about MickyD like he's the QB guru. How much time do you think he's going to spend working with the QB's as a head coach compared to his position as a OC in New England?

Is this realistic to expect him to do the same as a HC?????

slyinky
04-28-2009, 06:37 PM
6'5 qb named Tom drafted in the 6th round...why not?

I also noticed that McDaniels traded for the very first pick of that round to grab him. No way was he going to take any chances of loosing Tom Bra....ndstater to another team in the 6th.

Where's Plummer???
04-28-2009, 06:46 PM
Everyone is talking about MickyD like he's the QB guru. How much time do you think he's going to spend working with the QB's as a head coach compared to his position as a OC in New England?

people also forget he wasnt the one who chose to draft brady or cassel. belicheck was. not saying it makes a dif. i dont believe he'll start this year. maybe 2010 if McD chooses to pull orton from a good season like ole Shanny did w/ plummer.

DenverBrit
04-28-2009, 06:49 PM
]Well, Cassel wasn't a rookie.. but he had no NFL experience to speak of.
[/B]

And no college experience either.....he was lower on the totem pole than a rookie. ;D

DenverBrit
04-28-2009, 06:53 PM

According to some, he's hapless as a HC and hasn't a clue.

So he might as well make himself useful. ;D

Odysseus
04-28-2009, 06:54 PM
Simms has not been the same since he lost his spleen. Unless he becomes the comeback player of the year time is not on his side.

Paladin
04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Realistically, Brandstater will need a couple of years to get pasat the fourth quarter of pre-season games. I think he has beed described as being "in the mold of an NFL QB", but is raw and needs much schooling. But he has a strong arm and apparently is pretty smart. He has a Master's Degree in Sports Psychology after getting his BA BEFORE HIS JUNIOR YEAR. Beats a lot of yokels, doesn't it?

I understand that McD said that he would be working with the QBs fairly close. I thnk that has to do with getting communications with the QBs in his system going. So, I think he will get much benefit form being around the other two veteran QBs and the HC as well as with the QB coach.

telluride
04-28-2009, 07:06 PM

I guarantee you that McDaniels is going to work overtime on every aspect of the offense. Qb included. You think he doesn't want to prove the naysayers wrong?

lookin' glass
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Bandstander?

Odysseus
04-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Realistically, Brandstater will need a couple of years to get pasat the fourth quarter of pre-season games. I think he has beed described as being "in the mold of an NFL QB", but is raw and needs much schooling. But he has a strong arm and apparently is pretty smart. He has a Master's Degree in Sports Psychology after getting his BA BEFORE HIS JUNIOR YEAR. Beats a lot of yokels, doesn't it?

I understand that McD said that he would be working with the QBs fairly close. I thnk that has to do with getting communications with the QBs in his system going. So, I think he will get much benefit form being around the other two veteran QBs and the HC as well as with the QB coach.

McD is going to work closely with his QB but he has a staff of real QB coaches to work on the daily work.

I like project players that eventually mature into rock solid Broncos team players. I consider Orton a project player as well. My hope is that he proves to be a stronger prospect than expected.

bombay
04-28-2009, 08:42 PM

I doubt he'll get the number of reps this pre-season that would be required of a potential starter. I think he'll get an opportunity down the line, though, if he shows some capability.

Little44
04-28-2009, 10:05 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how the Vail Daily got this scoop. Some players grant interviews to SI, others to ESPN, Brandstater picked the Vail Daily? :saywhat:

Where's Plummer???
04-28-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how the Vail Daily got this scoop. Some players grant interviews to SI, others to ESPN, Brandstater picked the Vail Daily? :saywhat:

he was a 6th round pick... noone wants a interview w/ a 6th round pick til they pull a brady

Dudeskey
04-28-2009, 11:13 PM
I think it is real smart to find tall QB's with skills.

http://accordionguy.blogware.com/Photos/2006/06/napoleon_dynamite_skills.jpg

azbroncfan
04-28-2009, 11:58 PM
BrandstaterNEXTDilfer