PDA

View Full Version : Someone recommend me a motherboard...

Bob's your Information Minister
04-28-2009, 01:18 PM
A thunderstorm ****ed mine right up the ass.

Here's what I had:

http://www.gigabyte.us/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2510

I'm hoping the rest of my components aren't shot. I know the hard drives work.

Running DDR2 800 and a Core 2 Duo 6700. Price range: $100.

TonyR
04-28-2009, 01:42 PM
A thunderstorm ****ed mine right up the ass.

But you're used to that, right? Being ****ed up the ass?

lostknight
04-28-2009, 01:43 PM
I've got this motherboard, and I loved it. Makes a great hackintosh. That being said, I think the Asus boards are the best right now.

Either that, or the newest GA-965p

Chris
04-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Can't name specifics except that if you have the cash and like games get an SLI board so you can use two video cards.

I recommend www.newegg.com for low prices

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-28-2009, 01:44 PM
If I were dying and suggested a motherboard, would you wish ill-will upon me?

Kaylore
04-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Asus.

Bronx33
04-28-2009, 01:46 PM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6537/mbcake1.jpg

STBumpkin
04-28-2009, 01:49 PM
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/6537/mbcake1.jpg

Most creative food-jacking ever

04-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Mmmmmm Rolos...

scorpio
04-28-2009, 02:13 PM
http://c1.neweggimages.com/NeweggImage/productimage/13-131-232-03.jpg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131232

I'm a big fan of the nForce chipset, and Asus has never steered me wrong. $130 and shipping is free.

Broncoman13
04-28-2009, 02:23 PM
Mmmmmm Rolos...

I thought you lost your weight?

Bronx33
04-28-2009, 02:25 PM
I thought you lost your weight?

rolos= his mexican squeeze toy.

tsiguy96
04-28-2009, 02:26 PM
anyone else hope bob gets hit by a car today, breaking both legs and his hip?

loborugger
04-28-2009, 02:41 PM
anyone else hope bob gets hit by a car today, breaking both legs and his hip?

Naw, fat boy would still be able to type.

And in all reality, I dont wish Bobo harm. I do wish, however, that the thunderstorm that "sodomized" his motherboard would have instead knocked out his internet service leaving the place a clown free zone for a while.

Don Flamenco
04-28-2009, 02:45 PM
So is Bob realy terminally ill?

tsiguy96
04-28-2009, 02:45 PM
So is Bob realy terminally ill?

no, he just wished death upon someone that is. nothing serious.......

04-29-2009, 07:24 PM
OK. Hardware is fixed. Now I can't boot into windows.

I know, I know, I should do a fresh install but really don't feel like it right now. Anyway, it gets to the Windows XP booting animation, but after that it bluescreens. It never gets to the logon screen.

I though I might need to fix the master boot record, but not sure. The message I got in recovery console said it might **** up my partitions so that scared me.

Is it a problem with the MBR or something else? I'm thinking maybe Windows is looking for my old motherboard when it boots up and obviously isn't finding it...I was thinking maybe I could install the new drivers in safe mode but trying to get into that gives me a bluescreen, too.

JCMElway
04-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Until you apologize to CH you are less then dead to me.

Ahole.

Popps
04-29-2009, 07:31 PM
:rofl:

The irony of this thread is just off the charts. I almost can't stand it.

04-29-2009, 07:39 PM
OK, Popps, I'll bite. What's so ironic about this thread?

BMarsh615
04-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Asus.

Agreed.

chawknz
04-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Gigayte GA-P35-DSL3

04-29-2009, 07:56 PM
The scary thing is that's close to the one I got. This is a little newer.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128380

GreatBronco16
04-29-2009, 08:01 PM
:rofl:

garandman
04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
Ok, geek alert.......... Motherboard advice, are u kidding me...

04-29-2009, 08:37 PM
Yes, I'm a geek. This is not news.

OABB
04-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Yes, I'm a geek. This is not news.

you are a little man, **********.

GreatBronco16
04-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Jesus man, just reformat the damn thing already. You changed out one of the most vital componenets, and if you aren't going back with the exact same board, then you need to reformat.

Now get to it.

04-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Bah!!!

TDmvp
04-29-2009, 09:21 PM
no, he just wished death upon someone that is. nothing serious.......

It's sad that you've chosen to spend your final days being an a-hole.
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5899/boyszx1.jpg

He's not only a member , he's the President ...

OABB
04-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Bah!!!

I hope you die of loneliness.

Popps
04-29-2009, 09:40 PM
http://www.king-mag.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/itdept.jpg

Dr. Broncenstein
04-29-2009, 09:46 PM

http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/6/27/633502042425783160-what-has-been-seen.jpg

DomCasual
04-30-2009, 12:55 AM
Cause: Claythan makes fun of a terminally ill man.

Effect: His computer gets struck by lightning.

What we learned, Part One: Karma is still the most powerful force in the Universe.

What we learned, Part Two: Since the Divine Being (whichever one you believe in) was clearly not aiming for Claythan's computer, one has to wonder if maybe said Divine Being is not the aim he once was.

What we learned, Part Three: It's a good thing Claythan doesn't have any friends, or a job - anything that would cause innocents to have to be around his sorry, pathetic ass. I wouldn't count on said Divine Being having such a bad aim twice.

Popps
04-30-2009, 01:01 AM
His computer didn't get struck by lightning. It's some ****-heap he put together with parts be bought at PC-Shack, and he wonders why he's having to rebuild the thing ever three weeks.

Better yet, this tub of **** has the peanuts to bash on other people for their computer preferences every time an alternate OS is mentioned.

What a friggin' tool.

04-30-2009, 03:09 AM
His computer didn't get struck by lightning. It's some ****-heap he put together with parts be bought at PC-Shack, and he wonders why he's having to rebuild the thing ever three weeks.

Better yet, this tub of **** has the peanuts to bash on other people for their computer preferences every time an alternate OS is mentioned.

What a friggin' tool.

Popps, you're so full of ****. We had a huge thunderstorm here this week. It knocked the power out all evening and evidently a surge went right through my protector, through my PSU and into the motherboard. Sounds weird but it does happen.

By the way, I bought my parts through the internet's most reputable PC hardware dealer, newegg. Now kindly **** off. If I had bought a Mac I'd either be replacing the whole computer or shipping it off to god know's where to get fixed. As it is I fixed it myself in ONE DAY.

Also, previously it had been running PERFECTLY since the day I assembled it in the year two thousand and ****ing FIVE. I'm sorry Windows-based computers aren't impervious to massive electrical shocks. I guess that's a design flaw you incompetent jackass.

By the way, Dom, God is dead. And if he's not, let him prove it by striking me with lightning. Oh yeah, I said it. Bring it on, Almighty!

GreatBronco16
04-30-2009, 03:55 AM
So this lightning storm sent a surge that managed to get through your protector, hit your power supply and only managed to knock out your motherboard? I guess it was just a little tiny surge?

Also, through all this excitement of yours, you haven't felt like addressing your surge protector for being a piece of crap? Let me guess, you still have your computer hooked up to this same protector? Don't lie.

TDmvp
04-30-2009, 04:01 AM
We had a huge thunderstorm here this week. It knocked the power out all evening and evidently a surge went right through my protector, through my PSU and into the motherboard. Sounds weird but it does happen.

Next time you hear a storm try sticking your penis in a usb port and just wait out the storm ...
It should totally protect your motherboard from any damage .

GreatBronco16
04-30-2009, 04:03 AM
Next time you hear a storm try sticking your penis in a usb port and just wait out the storm ...
It should totally protect your motherboard from any damage .

Now now, you know damn well that the usb port is way too big for that.

TDmvp
04-30-2009, 04:05 AM
Now now, you know damn well that the usb port is way too big for that.

Yea ... what was I thinking ... This is Bob we are talking about .

Bob you can use the head phone jack ... Should still work as for as saving the motherboard .

scorpio
04-30-2009, 08:30 AM

I know, I know, I should do a fresh install but really don't feel like it right now. Anyway, it gets to the Windows XP booting animation, but after that it bluescreens. It never gets to the logon screen.

I though I might need to fix the master boot record, but not sure. The message I got in recovery console said it might **** up my partitions so that scared me.

Is it a problem with the MBR or something else? I'm thinking maybe Windows is looking for my old motherboard when it boots up and obviously isn't finding it...I was thinking maybe I could install the new drivers in safe mode but trying to get into that gives me a bluescreen, too.

If it starts to boot into Windows, it's not the MBR. It's because you replaced the motherboard and your Windows install doesn't have the proper system-level drivers for it.

You'll need to reinstall.

Orange_Beard
04-30-2009, 08:33 AM
What you really need is a water board.

sisterhellfyre
04-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Recommend a motherboard for you?

I dunno, but a standard 2x4 would probably work pretty well, applied right upside the head. Seems fitting for having inflicted you on the rest of the world.

04-30-2009, 10:49 AM
So this lightning storm sent a surge that managed to get through your protector, hit your power supply and only managed to knock out your motherboard? I guess it was just a little tiny surge?

It's actually quite common, apparently. I couldn't believe it myself at first.

Also, through all this excitement of yours, you haven't felt like addressing your surge protector for being a piece of crap? Let me guess, you still have your computer hooked up to this same protector? Don't lie.

I'm looking at UPS options. In the meantime a little common sense during thunderstorms won't hurt...

boltaneer
04-30-2009, 11:18 AM
This message is hidden because Bob's your Information Minister is on your ignore list.

crazyhorse
04-30-2009, 12:22 PM
I recommend the cheapest board on the market if any at all.

With giving back Atlas his money, and now someone having to purchase a MB for you, I can only imagine the person who supports you is feeling a little overwhelmed by the cost of keeping you.

The responsible thing to do is to get off the computer. Go find work, and pay your own way. Until then, maybe the internet should be considered a luxury. Just a thought. Though it will require you to consider others, this is the best advice I could offer you.

Good luck.

God Bless.

worm
04-30-2009, 12:32 PM
Ok, geek alert.......... Motherboard advice, are u kidding me...

It makes much more sense to ask for motherboard advice on an internet football message board than all the other type of advice being dispensed here.

just sayin'

Ironlung
04-30-2009, 12:50 PM

With giving back Atlas his money, and now someone having to purchase a MB for you, I can only imagine the person who supports you is feeling a little overwhelmed by the cost of keeping you.

The responsible thing to do is to get off the computer. Go find work, and pay your own way. Until then, maybe the internet should be considered a luxury. Just a thought. Though it will require you to consider others, this is the best advice I could offer you.

Good luck.

God Bless.
lol

loborugger
04-30-2009, 03:11 PM
This message is hidden because Bob's your Information Minister is on your ignore list.

Things that make me examine my life would include... I am a Chiefs fan, I haunt a Bronco fans BB, where Charger fans have me on ignore.

04-30-2009, 07:59 PM

Good luck.

God Bless.

You really are retarded dude. I paid for my own frickin' motherboard.

DomCasual
04-30-2009, 08:04 PM

You get your allowance bumped?

broncosteven
04-30-2009, 08:05 PM
Anyone recommend a good case fan? I am on my 2nd one in under 3 years. Last one I bought at FRY's said it was "Ultra" quiet or some **** and it is pretty neon blue but it started rattling.

Anyone know the best case fans?

Everyone knows ASUS is the best MB. I need fan help.

Kaylore
04-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Just get a decent ball bearing fan. You can get some with some shocks that run it quieter, but spend a little more for the good case fans.

crazyhorse
04-30-2009, 08:21 PM

Paid for your own motherboard like you contacted Atlas? Or did you actually pay for your own motherboard for real.

Who knows what to believe? You said you contacted him to set things right, he says you havent contacted him at all.

Just so you know, I dont care if you contact him or not. So you can stop the messages. I only reccommended it for your own self respect. Your BSing me for no reason isn't going to accomplish that.

Was that just your way of "letting me have it with both barrels" again?

Peace unto the.

Congrats on the new motherboard. Now you can hang with your friends here on the orangemane and chiefsplanet when your self imposed ban is over. Good times.

broncosteven
04-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Just get a decent ball bearing fan. You can get some with some shocks that run it quieter, but spend a little more for the good case fans.

I did, I spent over $30 bucks on the thing. It was "Ultra Quiet" remember? Probably made in China to fail in 12 mo's and coated with iron and infected with swine flu.

azbroncfan
04-30-2009, 08:28 PM
I recommend you get a real job and move away from your mom's tit and become a productive human being to society. It sure would help you out if you spent more time doing that than wasting your social life and early 20's in internet message boards.

04-30-2009, 08:52 PM
Atlas has me on ignore, Crazy. Not my problem.

azbroncfan
04-30-2009, 09:00 PM

It's not his problem you stole his money and never honored your bet? That is typical of a kid living off his parents and not learning to grow up and develope into a responsible self accountable man.

04-30-2009, 09:08 PM
Thank you for your ultimate judgment, o lord.

broncosteven
04-30-2009, 09:11 PM
The real question here is will Boob be 1st in line for the Star Trek movie next week in his Boba Fete costume.

Kaylore
04-30-2009, 09:22 PM
I did, I spent over $30 bucks on the thing. It was "Ultra Quiet" remember? Probably made in China to fail in 12 mo's and coated with iron and infected with swine flu.

Hmmm. Did you check reviews? there are some websites that have user reviews. As with most, they tend to show more negative than positive since people usually only take the time when they're pissed, but you can get a feel for what works and what doesn't.

bfoflcommish
04-30-2009, 09:22 PM

so the motherboard was the only thing you can respond too, guess we know the rest of crazy's post still holds true.

pathetic

garandman
04-30-2009, 09:25 PM

IM SORRY, BUT THAT IS AWESOME!

ohiobronco2
04-30-2009, 10:39 PM
This thread has been golden so far. :rofl:

GreatBronco16
04-30-2009, 10:47 PM
This thread has been golden so far. :rofl:

Ring of Fame potential I tell ya.

04-30-2009, 10:57 PM
so the motherboard was the only thing you can respond too, guess we know the rest of crazy's post still holds true.

pathetic

The rest of Crazy's post is more prickish, judgmental bull****. He hasn't learned a thing.

azbroncfan
04-30-2009, 11:06 PM
The rest of Crazy's post is more prickish, judgmental bull****. He hasn't learned a thing.

No his post is spot on about you. I haven't heard him call you cout for anything that wasn't true or wasn't attempt to reach out and help you. In your classic way you refuse it though and keep sucking on the nipple and leaching on to your parents and refuse to grow up and become an adult.

04-30-2009, 11:13 PM
My mommy buys me motherboards. Yup, CrazyHorse has me figured out. ::)

OABB
04-30-2009, 11:18 PM

you are a worthless lonely loser who still lives at home. what's left to figure out?

GreatBronco16
04-30-2009, 11:40 PM

So she pays you money for cleaning out under her toe nails, same difference.

crazyhorse
05-01-2009, 12:14 AM

Says he took you off ignore some time ago.

Does that make me a prick?

Your message to me was that you had been in contact. Not that you had tried, but was on ignore. None of that is what's impoortant however.

Now that we all know you're trying to get ahold of him to make things right, I'm sure someone will let him know you're trying to return his money to him. You have stated to me how important it is to you, and I'm sure he would like to have the money back. Even if he doesn't want the money, it's an opportunity for you to have "clean hands". Maybe if he doesn't want the money, you can donate it to the orangemane.

It's a win/win.

Archer81
05-01-2009, 12:44 AM
I am happy I am liked enough around here when I ask for advice for electronics I dont get smacked for it.

On the other hand, I am not a douche.

Off topic. I really love my Ipod.

:Broncos:

broncocalijohn
05-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Damn, I misread the title and thought he was looking for a "Mothership"! I was going to let him know that one is coming in the next week and will be picking up fudgepacking receipients for their new star wars planet. All he had to do was meet the mothership, the SS Loser, on Mt Whitney. And to meet with nothing on but his stormtrooper pajamas.

05-01-2009, 02:07 AM
Says he took you off ignore some time ago.

I PM'd him. I have the proof. If he doesn't want to respond, not my problem.

400HZ
05-01-2009, 07:48 AM

She would probably buy you a Cray if it meant you would move out of her basement.

Orange_Beard
05-01-2009, 07:48 AM

That's the best. The Charger troll has the cheps troll on ignore on a Broncos board.

gyldenlove
05-01-2009, 07:58 AM
That's the best. The Charger troll has the cheps troll on ignore on a Broncos board.

That is fairly epic.

gyldenlove
05-01-2009, 07:59 AM
I run a foxconn that I am quite happy with, only thing that bothers me is that it doesn't have an option to power on with the keyboard.

boltaneer
05-01-2009, 12:04 PM

I used to enjoy ripping on him in football debates over the years. He's always been a moron but he has really turned into a low-life scumbag these past few months. I have no use for him anymore. Hopefully, more will follow suit.

P.S. - There are many bigger trolls (Bronco fans) on here than me. :wave:

Fedaykin
05-01-2009, 01:06 PM

You likely have a driver problem. Boot the machine in safe mode (hit F8 when the windows logo comes up, select the safe mode option). Then, install your new MBs drivers and reboot.

Fedaykin
05-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Anyone recommend a good case fan? I am on my 2nd one in under 3 years. Last one I bought at FRY's said it was "Ultra" quiet or some **** and it is pretty neon blue but it started rattling.

Anyone know the best case fans?

Everyone knows ASUS is the best MB. I need fan help.

Scythe or Nexus make good quality, quiet fans. You'll pay for that quality though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185006

Orange_Beard
05-01-2009, 03:13 PM
I used to enjoy ripping on him in football debates over the years. He's always been a moron but he has really turned into a low-life scumbag these past few months. I have no use for him anymore. Hopefully, more will follow suit.

Yeah, I don't have any problem with you. Just funny that he even pisses other trolls off.

Popps
05-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Also, previously it had been running PERFECTLY since the day I assembled it in the year two thousand and ****ing FIVE. I'm sorry Windows-based computers aren't impervious to massive electrical shocks. I guess that's a design flaw you incompetent jackass.

Hilarious!

Sure, boob. Electrical shock. O.K. boss. Ever hear of a surge protector?

90% chance it wasn't that, anyway... rather that bucket of bolts you slapped together in your mom's garage.

Enjoy the down-time, Boob. I'll be over here enjoy my flawlessly functioning computer, as I have for about a decade and a half.

http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/wm-broken-pc.jpg

Kaylore
05-01-2009, 03:24 PM
I have him on ignore but it's almost pointless because 80% of his posts are quoted on this place.

Bronx33
05-01-2009, 05:12 PM

That doesn't even make sense :rofl:

boltaneer
05-01-2009, 05:26 PM

Hey, don't blame me for your reading comprehension problems! :flower:

TDmvp
05-01-2009, 05:58 PM

Hey, don't blame me for your reading comprehension problems! :flower:

I would have to agree with Bolt on this one.... AS we have seen with all the banning of noobs and old timers of late this place has been full of home grown trolls ... Bolts never been to big of a pain in the @ss . Even if he is dead wrong most of the time :P

Eldorado
05-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Hilarious!

90% chance it wasn't that, anyway... rather that bucket of bolts you slapped together in your mom's garage.

Enjoy the down-time, Boob. I'll be over here enjoy my flawlessly functioning computer, as I have for about a decade and a half.

Same computer?

05-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Hilarious!

You know, when I made this thread, I thought to myself, "Surely Popps will stay out of this. We aren't talking about Macs."

But no, here you are. Posting the same dumb pictures. Posting the same dumb crap about computers. Sounding like an idiot, once again.

Good old Popps!

Let's see how your "flawlessly" functioning computer runs when I jam a lightning bolt up it's arse.

Broncos4tw
05-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Depends what you are doing really. Asus is still cheap crap imo.

I often match up system boards with video cards, tho not always. My last was a sweet Nvidia with SLI x 3 (only two cards in it atm).

If not gaming tho, you can get almost anything. :~ohyah!:

I do always go Intel. I've had too many issues with other cpus.

broncosteven
05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Scythe or Nexus make good quality, quiet fans. You'll pay for that quality though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835185006

That is cheaper than the one I bought at Fry's. Plus it doesn't glow in the dark.

broncoblue
05-02-2009, 03:19 AM
here ya go bob this will help ..http://www.k-y.com/index_us.jsp#

scorpio
05-02-2009, 08:18 AM
Depends what you are doing really. Asus is still cheap crap imo.

I often match up system boards with video cards, tho not always. My last was a sweet Nvidia with SLI x 3 (only two cards in it atm).

If not gaming tho, you can get almost anything. :~ohyah!:

I do always go Intel. I've had too many issues with other cpus.

Uhh, Nvidia doesn't sell their own motherboards or graphics cards. They license the chipsets to people like.... Asus.

TDmvp
05-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Uhh, Nvidia doesn't sell their own motherboards or graphics cards. They license the chipsets to people like.... Asus.

I think he ment Boards to match the cards to be put in them... not match as in name ...

05-06-2009, 08:02 PM
This is why I will never go Mac. Look at this bad boy heatsink in the middle of my PC.

Do you know what it's like to own a completely quiet PC?

It is bliss.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2qnd0yc.jpg

TDmvp
05-06-2009, 08:04 PM
Do you know what it's like to own a completely quiet PC?

[/IMG]

Yea it's called a laptop ...

05-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Wrong!

Bronx33
05-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Just but something bob ok.

Popps
05-06-2009, 11:16 PM
You know, when I made this thread, I thought to myself, "Surely Popps will stay out of this. We aren't talking about Macs.".

Oh no, douche bag. I'm not in here because of a Mac/PC thing... I'm in here because you're a lardy dumbf#ck who's chosen to rip other people for actually owning computers that work.

You'll notice at least two other broken PC threads on the forum that I went nowhere near. I have no need to criticize people having computer problems unless they've been uninformed jackasses about the subject in the past.

Good luck getting Windows to boot into safe mode, or whatever the **** you're doing.

Hilarious!

05-07-2009, 06:29 AM
I don't need luck. My PC has been running fine since I fixed the problem myself in TWO DAYS. There was no sending the PC away for warranty repair. No buying a new PC. I don't own a Mac, you know?

TheReverend
05-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Been avoiding this thread due to key word "motherboard". Now regretting I missed some great conversation :)