TheReverend
10-19-2009, 11:19 PM
I called it!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/lol2-1.jpg

SureShot
10-19-2009, 11:24 PM
I called it!

As did I and I'm still waiting for Apa's apology.

Popps
10-19-2009, 11:25 PM
I called it!

ROFL!

True dat.

chex
10-20-2009, 07:28 AM
McDaniels is proving himself to be a great coach and a great motivator, two traits not always often found in head coaches. The enthusiasm and passion is so cleary evident, that I canít remember the last time a Denver Broncos team played with such fire and passion week in and week out.

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere, but I think a big advantage he gives us as well, is his familiarity with the top teams on our schedule. The Patriots have played teams like the Chargers, Steelers, and Colts alot over the decade, and McDaniels was there all that time watching and gameplanning against them when they were so successful against those guys, so he knows exactly what these teams can and canít do.

At risk of stating the obvious, what Josh has done has been storybook. With the league being the copycat nature that it is, expect to see a lot more of these young, inexperienced, but highly energetic and motivational assistants becoming head coaches. I really believe the days of recycling the same names is coming to a close. Sure, guys like Shanahan and Cowher will get jobs if/when they want, but for the most part, you wonít see familiar names moving around the league like in the past. Itís why I feel Nolan is going to be here for a while. He didnít do too well in SF, and teams are going to shy away from guys like him when they see what a guy like McDaniels has done. I think the lower rung teams will want young, fresh faces to show their fans and reinvigorate those fanbases.

Popps
10-20-2009, 10:43 AM
McDaniels is proving himself to be a great coach and a great motivator, two traits not always often found in head coaches. The enthusiasm and passion is so cleary evident, that I canít remember the last time a Denver Broncos team played with such fire and passion week in and week out.

Apologies if this was posted elsewhere, but I think a big advantage he gives us as well, is his familiarity with the top teams on our schedule. The Patriots have played teams like the Chargers, Steelers, and Colts alot over the decade, and McDaniels was there all that time watching and gameplanning against them when they were so successful against those guys, so he knows exactly what these teams can and canít do.

At risk of stating the obvious, what Josh has done has been storybook. With the league being the copycat nature that it is, expect to see a lot more of these young, inexperienced, but highly energetic and motivational assistants becoming head coaches. I really believe the days of recycling the same names is coming to a close. Sure, guys like Shanahan and Cowher will get jobs if/when they want, but for the most part, you wonít see familiar names moving around the league like in the past. Itís why I feel Nolan is going to be here for a while. He didnít do too well in SF, and teams are going to shy away from guys like him when they see what a guy like McDaniels has done. I think the lower rung teams will want young, fresh faces to show their fans and reinvigorate those fanbases.

Again, my first tell on this guy was when Bowlen met with him and couldn't draw up a contract fast enough. He blew away the whole Broncos front office with his interview.

Mr. B has been around a lot of smart football men, and for a guy like him to be so impressed with a 33 year old coach told me there was something special about him, just like our last head coach.

Ambiguous
10-20-2009, 10:51 AM
I voted fizzle, and honestly who can blame me? There were tons of unknowns going into this season.

Credit where credit is due, I was completely wrong about McDaniels and just about everything that happened this off season. It never felt so good to be completely and utterly wrong. Pass me some crow, it's delicious!

~Crash~
01-04-2011, 11:11 AM
what a great hire !

TheReverend
01-04-2011, 11:20 AM
You can all pull this thread up and blast me with it in a couple of years if things go south, but I believe he and the staff are making great strides to improve this team.

Prophetic statement.

Old Dude
01-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm still trying to figure out which way to vote on this one.

~Crash~
01-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Prophetic statement.

oh they rolled me in tar . I told them to keep the feather's . I still told them the truth:sunshine:

frerottenextelway
01-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Didn't see this thread before, just put my vote in. I don't like McD's chances.

jhns
01-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I vote he will fizzle. What do I win?

It was pretty easy to see that he was going to fail after about two months of him being here. I still do not understand how some of you couldn't see this. It didn't even take a basic understanding of football to see it. It just took an average IQ and paying attention.

colonelbeef
01-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Didn't see this thread before, just put my vote in. I don't like McD's chances.

same here. I'm pretty skeptical.

colonelbeef
01-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Poops was wrong about literally everything Broncos the last two years. Everything.

bronco militia
01-04-2011, 11:42 AM
I was right about this clown

go_broncos
01-04-2011, 11:45 AM
wow..what a great hire...ROFL!

Popps
01-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Prophetic statement.

Hey, all good. I did believe he was making moves to improve our team and I still believe he's a bright coach. He'll land on his feet. (It also appeared that the forum thought was the right choice at a 2:1 ratio.)

But, as I've also said... if/when he left, I'd move on and root for the next coach.

You folks might want to look into that at some point. Or, if stalking me fills empty spaces in your lives, have at it.

Glad to help.

:sunshine:

Miss I.
01-04-2011, 11:50 AM
I was wrong about him. I was wrong about my last boyfriend too, which has led to two changed phone #s and stalking charges and possibly having to move again..I hope Josh doesn't require a restraining order too, because that would kind of suck.

bronco militia
01-04-2011, 11:51 AM
I was wrong about him. I was wrong about my last boyfriend too, which has led to two changed phone #s and stalking charges and possibly having to move again..I hope Josh doesn't require a restraining order too, because that would kind of suck.

you slept with Josh too??!?!

:clown:

Miss I.
01-04-2011, 11:52 AM
you slept with Josh too??!?!

:clown:

no, but he kept texting me pictures of his junk. ;D

bronco militia
01-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Ha!

Taco John
01-04-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm still on the fence.

Not about Josh. I'm talking about Miss I's fence. She's going to leave those curtains open one of these days - and I'm going to see everything! She's going to rush to close them, but it will be too late. I'll have seen it all.

ayjackson
01-04-2011, 11:57 AM
He made the young-coach mistakes that were the worry, but I think he`ll learn from it and have a successful career. As for the Broncos, this is what he left us with:

Moreno, Ayers, Bruton, McBath, Thomas, Tebow, Beadles, Walton, Decker, Cox, Thompson and a couple of Olsens.

I just hope they form the core of a rebuilt team in three years.

Odysseus
01-04-2011, 12:00 PM
I'm still trying to figure out which way to vote on this one.

Is Josh emailing you pictures of his junk? :( Bad Josh!

loborugger
01-04-2011, 12:00 PM

Which you blew (hey-ooow) up and framed.

Miss I.
01-04-2011, 12:05 PM
well, Josh was a little confused by the term junk so here's the picture he sent me... I am still a little confused.

http://www.sportsnewscaster.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/20090205_LaurenceMaroney.jpg

Likwid Kerruj
01-04-2011, 12:11 PM
**** you and the horse you rode in on, McDaniels!

Homer Simpson
01-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Some people have a real boner for Popps on this site! Lol

Popps
01-04-2011, 12:52 PM

It ranges between comedic and disturbing.

But, I'm just glad I can help fill empty lives. Feels good to my soul, ya know?

Blueflame
01-04-2011, 02:42 PM

It happens when a poster takes a strong stance on any issue.

jhns
01-04-2011, 02:47 PM

And flames others as he is completely wrong all the time. The easy target is the one most will go after.

baja
01-04-2011, 02:49 PM
To the people weighing in on believing they were right about McD. All we really know is Bowlen fired him we do not know if he would have been a great coach here because he was fired too soon.

jhns
01-04-2011, 02:52 PM
To the people weighing in on believing they were right about McD. All we really know is Bowlen fired him we do not know if he would have been a great coach here because he was fired too soon.

We are picking at number 2 this year....

bendog
01-04-2011, 02:58 PM
We are picking at number 2 this year....

yah see, Josh made up for his 09 cluster****! He knew what he was doing all along!

DHallblows
01-04-2011, 03:50 PM
And flames others as he is completely wrong all the time. The easy target is the one most will go after.

If there's one topic I'd believe you on, this is it...

Homer Simpson
01-04-2011, 03:59 PM
It ranges between comedic and disturbing.

But, I'm just glad I can help fill empty lives. Feels good to my soul, ya know?

It strikes me that people get mad because you are supportive and a bit positive and optimistic. What a scumbag!!!

HAT
01-04-2011, 04:22 PM
if there's one topic i'd believe you on, this is it...

Hilarious!

Popps
01-04-2011, 04:30 PM

Bingo, and I'm fine with it. That's why I said "flame away" in the OP.

I'll get some right and some wrong, just like everyone here.

Unlike many here, though... I'll continue to support my team through tough times.

But... it takes all kinds. ;)

OrangenBlueOhio
01-04-2011, 04:39 PM
I just wanted to pop in here to do this:

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/129651-1/Cucumber_BJ_lesson.gif

Yep I guess we just don't know if he would have been a great coach here cuz he got fired too soon.

By the way you got a cucumber seed on your lip.

Jesterhole
01-04-2011, 04:57 PM

HAHAHAHAHA, is that what you chant to yourself as you fall asleep at night? Your attachment to the worst mistake in franchise history is hilarious. And you wonder why people think you're a joke?

baja
01-04-2011, 05:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHA, is that what you chant to yourself as you fall asleep at night? Your attachment to the worst mistake in franchise history is hilarious. And you wonder why people think you're a joke?

According to my rep comments it would be hard to beat you in the joker department Jesterhole.

What a name jesterhole, perfect just perfect.

Pony Boy
01-04-2011, 06:00 PM

Who was the boyfriend...Spider?