PDA

View Full Version : My all time overrated list:

PaintballCLE
04-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Just calling it like i see it. If you disagree, thats fine. Make your own list and post it.

MOST OVERRATED ALL TIME:

QB: Tom Brady. He sucked at Michigan, came into the nfl as a back up. Got a starting job due to injury. Sure he won a few SB's, but any Qb on those teams could have (maybe with the exception of their first one.) He runs a really simple but effective offense. If he wasn't on an all pro team every year he is not one of the Qb's who can carry a bad/average team like Manning, Elway, ect....) Look at the difference between Cassel coming in for brady, or Sorgi coming in for manning.....

Honorable mentions: Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw

RB: Emmit Smith. Set records because he played forever. Behind the best O line every single year.

Honorable Mentions: Thurman Thomas, Franco Harris, Edgerin James

OL: Dan Dierdorf. plain and simple: Nothing special....and I hate when people mention him as one of the greats.

Honorable mentions: Orlando Pace

WR: Keyshawn Johnson. Seriously, was he ever above average?

HM: TO, Michael Irvin, Sterling Sharpe

DL: The fridge... couldn't play every down, had a very short career. Yet still thought as a great DL.

HM: Simeon Rice, warren sapp

LB: Brian Urlacher. Most overrated player on the most overrated defense of all time.

HM: Ray Lewis, Derrik Brooks

DB: Deangelo Hall.....If your a supposed Shut down corner, why does he always lead the league in passes completed against?

HM: Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lot

K/P: Anubis. How can a punter get all the media attention on the orange mane without ever kicking a punt in his career?

HM. Northman

SonOfLe-loLang
04-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Wow.

bronco militia
04-27-2009, 09:40 PM
I'd agree with all except brady and smith....

SonOfLe-loLang
04-27-2009, 09:42 PM
I dont think anyone ever said Keyshawn was great. They certainly never said the fridge was (he was just a character). Dan Dierdorf? One, youre 27 years old so youve never seen him play, 2) who ever talks about him and 3) who the **** cares about dan dierdorf. I think the prevailing opinion on Hall is that he sucks.

Deion? Overrated? The guy would play baseball, come in during week six without practicing, put on the pads, and get two picks. he was the best.

TDmvp
04-27-2009, 09:43 PM
I agree with many of those . But come on Anubis is superhuman ...

That guy can sure kick a ball .

OABB
04-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Jay Cutler?

DB Doom
04-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow.

:holyguac! Joe Montanna..Deion Sanders..Ronnie Lott..holy crapoly.
Michael Irvin was pretty good, prob shouldnt be in the Hall right now but he was darn consistent.

TDmvp
04-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Joe Montana is very over rated ... period .

really all the ones he names are
Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Joe Namath, Terry Bradshaw

If Elway played on the teams Joe Montana played on he wins 8 titles "being a little bit of a homer but you get my point"

azbroncfan
04-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Better list would be who do you think isn't overrated? Probably a bunch of Broncos I'd guess?

BroncoLifer
04-27-2009, 09:54 PM
:holyguac! Joe Montanna..Deion Sanders..Ronnie Lott..holy crapoly.
Michael Irvin was pretty good, prob shouldnt be in the Hall right now but he was darn consistent.

Ronnie Lott was a lot of things. Overrated is not one of them.

BroncoBuff
04-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Anubis is gone .... he is but a vapor on the jet-stream of history now ....

SonOfLe-loLang
04-27-2009, 09:57 PM

If Elway played on the teams Joe Montana played on he wins 8 titles "being a little bit of a homer but you get my point"

joe Montana was very overrated? Youre insane. All the guy did was win. Even when he was on the chiefs!!

Killericon
04-27-2009, 10:02 PM
QB: Tom Brady. He sucked at Michigan, came into the nfl as a back up. Got a starting job due to injury. Sure he won a few SB's, but any Qb on those teams could have (maybe with the exception of their first one.) He runs a really simple but effective offense. If he wasn't on an all pro team every year he is not one of the Qb's who can carry a bad/average team like Manning, Elway, ect....) Look at the difference between Cassel coming in for brady, or Sorgi coming in for manning.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that's classic. You conveniently forgot the record setting season he had. I especially like the Sorgi/Cassel logic. I'll bet that the Colts are getting tons of offers for Sorgi.

rovolution
04-27-2009, 10:02 PM
joe Montana was very overrated? Youre insane. All the guy did was win. Even when he was on the chiefs!!

i always thought Steve Young was the better QB in his prime than Montana. Joe had no Free Agency and better defenses though, and thats why i think he got 4 rings to Steve's 1.

boltaneer
04-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Wow.

What he said...

TDmvp
04-27-2009, 10:04 PM

I hate the 9ers ... And I say he's Overrated .

I live in Cincinnati and Love the Broncos . So I got to watch Joe smear My team and the hometown team by the way .

Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

Compared to the guys I think of as greatest of all time He just isn't one that come up near the top ...

SonOfLe-loLang
04-27-2009, 10:05 PM
i always thought Steve Young was the better QB in his prime than Montana. Joe had no Free Agency and better defenses though, and thats why i think he got 4 rings to Steve's 1.

C'mon man...he wasnt Joe Cool for nothing. I'm not saying he was the best to ever play the game, but he wasn't overrated. He clearly earned all the praise he got.

And made a cool football game for genesis.

PaintballCLE
04-27-2009, 10:08 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, that's classic. You conveniently forgot the record setting season he had. I especially like the Sorgi/Cassel logic. I'll bet that the Colts are getting tons of offers for Sorgi.

exactly my point......when we find out Cassel sucks, then we will know Brady isn't very good.

PaintballCLE
04-27-2009, 10:09 PM
Better list would be who do you think isn't overrated? Probably a bunch of Broncos I'd guess?

only bronco to make that list would be Nalen.......hasn't allowed a sack since 2005! lol

TDmvp
04-27-2009, 10:10 PM
C'mon man...he wasnt Joe Cool for nothing. I'm not saying he was the best to ever play the game, but he wasn't overrated. He clearly earned all the praise he got.

O now we didn't say anything about HIM not making a cool game Ha!

God the hours a played that when it first came out ...

very smart qb and great under pressure ... and someone could say he is the best all time cause when you are talking top 20 at any position you are just splitting hairs and it's all opinion based .
But he wouldn't make my top 5 and the media SOooo makes it out like he's better then everyone ... that is my definition of over rated .

But to me he just wasn't as gifted as some others physically .

rovolution
04-27-2009, 10:11 PM

he wasnt overrated, but just as a personal note i always thought Young was better and obviously he was more talented (Young was a 1st overall pick in the USFL Supplementary draft and would have been first overall in the NFL draft in 1984 had he not gone to the USFL and Montana was a 3rd round pick).

The guy threw 6 TDs in the Super Bowl of all games. but those 49er defenses were mediocre in the early 90s till they got Deion Sanders, Ken Norton Jr, and all those other additions.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-27-2009, 10:12 PM
O now we didn't say anything about HIM not making a cool game Ha!

God the hours a played that when it first came out ...

very smart qb and great under pressure ... and someone could say he is the best all time cause when you are talking top 20 at any position you are just splitting hairs and it's all opinion based .
But he wouldn't make my top 5 and the media SOooo makes it out like he's better then everyone ... that is my definition of over rated .

But to me he just wasn't as gifted as some others physically .

He wasnt as gifted physically, but all he ever did was win and was always huge in the big spot. If being physically gifted was all it takes, than ryan leaf and jeff george are the best eva!

Agreed on the game. loved playing joe montana football!

rovolution
04-27-2009, 10:16 PM
The most overrated QB in my mind of all time is Troy Aikman.

His numbers are rather unipressive when you look at them

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm

when the Boys got bad in the late 90s, Troy showed he didnt have the abilities to throw a franchise on his back. He was good when that run game was going, Irvin and Novacheck were wide open off the PA, and the defense was stiffling opponents.

He was the definition of game manager. he was not extraordinary by any means despite what revisionist history claims

azbroncfan
04-27-2009, 10:20 PM
The most overrated QB in my mind of all time is Troy Aikman.

His numbers are rather unipressive when you look at them

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/AikmTr00.htm

when the Boys got bad in the late 90s, Troy showed he didnt have the abilities to throw a franchise on his back. He was good when that run game was going, Irvin and Novacheck were wide open off the PA, and the defense was stiffling opponents.

He was the definition of game manager. he was not extraordinary by any means despite what revisionist history claims

Exactly. Aikman broke 20 TD passes in a season once in his career. Most overrated Q of all time in my opinion.

BroncoLifer
04-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Most overrated QB of all time = Joe Namath.

The MVPlaya
04-27-2009, 10:33 PM
You pretty much lost credibility with the Brady line...never knew winning 3 super bowls regardless of your team gets you to be overrated...

PaintballCLE
04-27-2009, 10:41 PM
You pretty much lost credibility with the Brady line...never knew winning 3 super bowls regardless of your team gets you to be overrated...

thats fine, you can think what you want..........but ill tell you this much. You put brady on the 06 colts, he doesn't win a SB.

There is no question in my mind that manning is far superior than brady, and everyone says brady is the best in the league.

azbroncfan
04-27-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm just trying to figure out how Manning didn't make the list.

Archer81
04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I used to think Kurt Warner was, but he can clearly play. Same with Brady. As much as I hate to admit it, he is one of the top 3 QBs in football.

:Broncos:

Miss I.
04-27-2009, 10:51 PM
I would agree with both Namath and Aikman, but not Brady and Montana. As already pointed out, if all it took were physical gifts, then I am pretty sure Cutler would've gotten us to the playoffs. The reason in my mind, aside from being a bronco fan, that Elway was the best, was he was an effective leader and had the skillset to get places with mediocre teams and to really excel with exceptional tools. As for Montana, guy took the Chiefs to the playoffs and even beat the 49ers that year if I am not mistaken against Steve Young (who I actually agree is a better QB skillwise). Still Montana was an effective leader, the best ones don't have to do it all themselves, they make the best of their resources (their own and of other players) and win with what they have. It is a team sport. Brady is very similar to Montana and the guy usually pulls it off in a clutch situation. Yes he has a smart coach (as did Montana) and the year they had a near perfect season he had even better targets to throw to (he hasn't always had that). Giants had a better D and I also suspect Brady was playing a bit gimpy even unto next year when the Chiefs took him out. Brady is a very good quarterback and I would not consider him overrated, just not the best of all time.

TDmvp
04-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Most overrated QB of all time = Joe Namath.

Exactly. Aikman broke 20 TD passes in a season once in his career. Most overrated Q of all time in my opinion.

Agree and agree .... You could put either of them at the top of the list for most over rated . Aikman reminds me a lot of Montana cause they played on teams I could have won rings as the starting Qb ... I'm 5'7 150lb btw heheh ...

The MVPlaya
04-27-2009, 11:08 PM
thats fine, you can think what you want..........but ill tell you this much. You put brady on the 06 colts, he doesn't win a SB.

There is no question in my mind that manning is far superior than brady, and everyone says brady is the best in the league.

I understand what you mean. See, overrated to me, or at least the connotation I get is that the player actually sucks but they say hes good.

Regardless of Brady being better than manning or not, he's still a Top 3 QB in the league. But I think you're trying to say he's overrated because he shouldn't be THE best...and it's a common theme along your list...so I understand it a bit more now... unless I'm wrong. lol

OABB
04-27-2009, 11:12 PM
brady is overrated. but he is still a very good qb. If he didn't have a video library of defensive signals, I doubt he would have won three superbowls. tuck rule anybody?

Archer81
04-27-2009, 11:13 PM
My overrated list

1. Terrell Owens- yes he has stats, but how many times does he lead a team anywhere?

2. Ed Reed- I wonder how much of his plays occur because of the great front 7 in front of him.

3. Shawne Merriman- Roid freak.

4. Ben Roethlisberger (sp)- both superbowls won by the best defense in football. This might be just me hating on a guy who sent us home one postseason, but I dont think so.

TDmvp
04-27-2009, 11:18 PM
My overrated list

1. Terrell Owens- yes he has stats, but how many times does he lead a team anywhere?

2. Ed Reed- I wonder how much of his plays occur because of the great front 7 in front of him.

4. Ben Roethlisberger (sp)- both superbowls won by the best defense in football. This might be just me hating on a guy who sent us home one postseason, but I dont think so.

Ed Reed Rule ... Much like the 100 post rule only totally different .

OABB
04-27-2009, 11:19 PM
My overrated list

ED REED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how dare you!

we could of had him!!!!!!!!

Archer81
04-27-2009, 11:19 PM
Ed Reed Rule ... Much like the 100 post rule only totally different .

LOL. All these rules and ****...

phisig150
04-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Just calling it like i see it. If you disagree, thats fine. Make your own list and post it.

MOST OVERRATED ALL TIME:

RB: Emmit Smith. Set records because he played forever. Behind the best O line every single year.

OL: Dan Dierdorf. plain and simple: Nothing special....and I hate when people mention him as one of the greats.

DL: The fridge... couldn't play every down, had a very short career. Yet still thought as a great DL.

LB: Brian Urlacher. Most overrated player on the most overrated defense of all time.

DB: Deangelo Hall.....If your a supposed Shut down corner, why does he always lead the league in passes completed against?

K/P: Anubis. How can a punter get all the media attention on the orange mane without ever kicking a punt in his career?

HM. Northman

Wrong on so many levels and in almost every position it's unreal. I'll pick one player as an example. Ray Lewis. Team Leader. Check. Multiple Pro Bowler ( voted on by coaches and colleagues as well as fans). Check. Incredible playmaker. Check. Intimidating prescance in the middle. Check. First ballot hall of famer. Check. Most importantly Super Bowl Champ. Check. Honorable Mention. Hell No. Biggest Hater of All Time- Original Poster.

slyinky
04-28-2009, 12:59 AM
I always thought Terry Bradshaw was overrated. Very fortunate to play on a team with a great defense, Swann, Stallworth, Franco Harris etc. Not a bad player but put him on, say, the Atlanta Falcons and he comes no where near the HOF.

Killericon
04-28-2009, 01:25 AM
exactly my point......when we find out Cassel sucks, then we will know Brady isn't very good.

See, this is where your bias shows. You're using evidence that isn't real yet. Saying that Brady is overrated because Cassel is GOING to suck...That's just silly.

footstepsfrom#27
04-28-2009, 02:10 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nl5gBJGnaXs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nl5gBJGnaXs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Atwater His Ass
04-28-2009, 02:37 AM
I hate Brady as much as the next guy. But he's a first ballot HoF QB. Hard to call that overrated.

Killericon
04-28-2009, 03:09 AM
I always thought Terry Bradshaw was overrated. Very fortunate to play on a team with a great defense, Swann, Stallworth, Franco Harris etc. Not a bad player but put him on, say, the Atlanta Falcons and he comes no where near the HOF.

I dislike the "great team" logic. I mean, people say Swann is overrated because he had Bradshaw throwing to him...If you make that argument for one player, you can make it for all of them, and then you have to ask how the team became so great.

TDmvp
04-28-2009, 03:13 AM
I dislike the "great team" logic. I mean, people say Swann is overrated because he had Bradshaw throwing to him...If you make that argument for one player, you can make it for all of them, and then you have to ask how the team became so great.

I have never heard anyone say Swann is over rated cause he had Bradshaw .

If anything Bradshaw , the era and the type of team Swann was on (running team with great D) hurt his numbers.

slyinky
04-28-2009, 03:36 AM
Let me put it this way. If an "average" player at his position such as Dan Pastorini, Jim Hart or Billy Kilmer instead played for the Steleers, I don't think the team would have been any less successful. I wouldn't say the same about Swann, Stallworth, Harris, Lambert, Joe Greene, Mel Blount etc.

rmsanger
04-28-2009, 04:02 AM
I'd say almost all of the Black NFL QBs who are not Moon, McNair, or McNabb are overrrated/overhyped.

TDmvp
04-28-2009, 04:07 AM
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2740/popcorny.gif

This is going to be festive ...

cousinal11
04-28-2009, 05:42 AM
I think Montana, Aikman, and Brady can all be lumped into the same category.

Great players, but almost always surrounded by a plethora of talent.

I'd rather discuss today's overrated players. Tony Romo anyone?

55CrushEm
04-28-2009, 05:55 AM
I think Ben Roethlisberger is quite overrated. And don't give me this crap that HE'S won 2 Superbowls. His defense won those superbowls. Ben makes a lot of mistakes....he's just fortunate to have a top 3 defense year in and year out to bail him out....and that causes the other team to make more mistakes than he does.

cousinal11
04-28-2009, 06:06 AM
I think Ben Roethlisberger is quite overrated. And don't give me this crap that HE'S won 2 Superbowls. His defense won those superbowls. Ben makes a lot of mistakes....he's just fortunate to have a top 3 defense year in and year out to bail him out....and that causes the other team to make more mistakes than he does.

I've said Ben was overrated for years, but his performance against Zona was impressive. Having said that, I think his QB rating was like 22 aginst Seattle in the SB we should have won.

Overall, I think he's a really good QB, but benefits from being surrounded by playmakers and a great defense, ala Brady, Montana, Aikman, and soon to be Orton.:thumbsup:

Willynowei
04-28-2009, 06:37 AM
I'm sorry but someones got to say it.

That list is retarded.

colonelbeef
04-28-2009, 06:45 AM
I agree with your list outside of Urlacher, dude is in on every play and covers TE better than anybody

PaintballCLE
04-28-2009, 09:17 AM
I understand what you mean. See, overrated to me, or at least the connotation I get is that the player actually sucks but they say hes good.
Regardless of Brady being better than manning or not, he's still a Top 3 QB in the league. But I think you're trying to say he's overrated because he shouldn't be THE best...and it's a common theme along your list...so I understand it a bit more now... unless I'm wrong. lol

see overrated to me is a player being not as good as everyone makes him out to be.

It could be a back-up or a pro bowler.......if hes not as good as everyone makes him out to be, or thinks he is, then he is overrated.

TonyR
04-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Many people hate on Emmit Smith because he became a compiler later in his career. But in his prime he was a dominant player. He was a workhorse RB and was extremely productive.

Mogulseeker
04-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Ray Lewis is a complete asshole douche bag, and a failure as a human being, but he isn't an overrated linebacker. He's been the cornerstone of one of the NFL's nastiest defense for the last deacade.

mr007
04-28-2009, 10:47 AM

MOST OVERRATED ALL TIME:

HM. Northman

This has to be one of the worst lists ever created. Brady is one of the top quarterbacks to EVER play the game, and I say that as someone who effin' hates the Patriots.

Joe Montana, Deion Sanders, Ronnie Lott, Ray Lewis, Sterling Sharpe??????

Do you even watch football?

SoDak Bronco
04-28-2009, 10:51 AM
If you win 3-4 superbowls you are the opposite of over-rated. you are underrated. I think Joe Montana and Brady deserve all the love and then some.

lex
04-28-2009, 10:57 AM

I actually thought the 94 Niners were the best Niners team to win a SB. I think the Dallas Cowboys teams that they had to get past for those 3 or 4 years in the 90s were better teams than most of the teams Montana had to get past when he was playing. Plus, the 94 Niners had an all time great offensive mind as their OC. Those Dallas teams at one point had the best rated defense, one of the all time most prolific RBs, and a HOF QB and WR. Joe's teams would have had a hard time with those Dallas teams.

lex
04-28-2009, 11:20 AM

MOST OVERRATED ALL TIME:

QB: Joe Montana

RB: Curtis Martin and Franco Harris

WR: Lynn Swann and Keyshawn Johnson

DL: John Randle

LB: Jack Ham

HM: Deion Sanders-- no way, Ronnie Lot

HM. Northman

Changes are in red.

Bronco Boy
04-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Brodie Croyle.

Atwater His Ass
04-28-2009, 03:42 PM
I'll agree with Curtis Martin. Between him and Terrel Davis, it's about production and absolutely dominating your position for a short stretch, vs. just having a mediocre career but with longevity. One of those will probably get you in the HoF while the other won't.

Archer81
04-28-2009, 03:50 PM
I think Montana, Aikman, and Brady can all be lumped into the same category.

Great players, but almost always surrounded by a plethora of talent.

I'd rather discuss today's overrated players. Tony Romo anyone?

Brady's first superbowl troy brown and antoine smith were his best wr and rb...

JJJ
04-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Is that a list of overrated QBs or a list of the greatest QBs of all time?

Dude, these guys have 13 SB wins amongst them. You don't luck into 13 SB wins.

DHallblows
04-28-2009, 03:59 PM
:-*

And to add to the argument: Brady DOES have a great team around him. Specifically the D. Payton and Tom switch teams, you switch # of rings...and then some

garandman
04-28-2009, 04:05 PM
NO, this is just plain wrong... Sorry Most of your list IMO is not even close. Did you even see some of these guys play, Ronnie, Deon, Montana... They were the real deal..

Rohirrim
04-28-2009, 04:05 PM
From now on, whenever I see a thread like this, I'm just going to post FCP.

fat chick puking ;D

Where's Plummer???
04-28-2009, 04:13 PM
dilfer...

^ what kinda response will taht get???

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2009, 04:17 PM

Now Brett Favre is overrated, but you can't say Joe Cool is overrated. You might be able to say that he was never the most talented guy on the field, and that could be true. However, he had ice running through his veins and the bigger the game, the better he played.

Favre, on the other hand, is by far the most overrated QB in a long time. He had about 3-4 seasons where he was great, but he was on some great teams too. Once the talent level of his teams went down, so did his play.

Rohirrim
04-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Oh boy, it's a twenty-something ignorancefest!

Killericon
04-28-2009, 04:42 PM
I have never heard anyone say Swann is over rated cause he had Bradshaw .

If anything Bradshaw , the era and the type of team Swann was on (running team with great D) hurt his numbers.

Let me put it this way. If an "average" player at his position such as Dan Pastorini, Jim Hart or Billy Kilmer instead played for the Steleers, I don't think the team would have been any less successful. I wouldn't say the same about Swann, Stallworth, Harris, Lambert, Joe Greene, Mel Blount etc.

I've never seen Bradshaw play, so I can't speak to that. I was just talking about that type of argument.

gunns
04-28-2009, 05:17 PM

MOST OVERRATED ALL TIME:

HM. Northman

I agree with some of your QB's (especially Favre, Bradshaw and Namath)although Aikman should be added. With Montana you can say he had the team around him but that first SB SF won he didn't have the team sooo it's debatable. He also made KC look a lot better. Brady didn't really have the stellar WR's some of the others had and he is very good at maintaining a game soooo that's debatable also.

Franco Harris :thumbsup: Dan Dierdorf ???

I don't remember anyone overrating Keyshawn except at the beginning. Yes to Michael Irvin. Sterling Sharpe was pretty damn good.

Don't agree with any of your LB's. Watched Urlacher play with NM and would have killed to have him on the Broncos. Early on he played great for Chicago

To an extent I agree with Deion. He wouldn't tackle, would mess up his uniform, not your prototypical football player. But the guy definitely had talent as far as INT's and returning the ball.

No one ever overrated the Fridge. He was just a character on a great team that was fun to watch.

Ronnie Lott, dude that one you blew. The guy was great.

Anubis, c'mon. He's great!

gunns
04-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Changes are in red.

I agree with Lynn Swann but not Jack Ham.

Jens1893
04-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Bettis, Jerome

azbroncfan
04-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh boy, it's a twenty-something ignorancefest!

But he saw enough of Dan Dierdorf to make a good solid opinion.

JJJ
04-28-2009, 10:32 PM
I agree with some of your QB's (especially Favre, Bradshaw and Namath)although Aikman should be added. With Montana you can say he had the team around him but that first SB SF won he didn't have the team sooo it's debatable. He also made KC look a lot better. Brady didn't really have the stellar WR's some of the others had and he is very good at maintaining a game soooo that's debatable also.

I am not a Steeler fan but I am tired of people picking on Bradshaw. The dude always, always delivered in the clutch. Always. He stomped Staubach twice in the big game and threw a sweet long ball.

Aikman cannot be added. The dude was damn smart and like Bradshaw had elite receivers, a great running back, and a solid D behind him. But he delivered in the clutch everytime he got there.

Overrated quarterbacks are people who don't deliver in crunchtime like my man Fouts and your guy Elway for the first 10 years of his career.

lex
04-28-2009, 10:35 PM
I agree with Lynn Swann but not Jack Ham.

I dont think he sniffs the hall of fame if he's on another team.

azbroncfan
04-28-2009, 10:40 PM
As far as Bradshaw goes I am older than you and don't remember him other than the same highlights you probably saw. With that being said I believe(I could be wrong) but I think he was a #1 overall pick which means he went to a bad football team. If you draft a QB #1 overall aren't you doing that to win superbowls? Well that is what he did and never lost one. That list is so flawed and has no argument behind it that it isn't even funny.

lex
04-28-2009, 10:50 PM

He never played outside of the WCO, though. When he went to KC, they brought in Hackett for him. If Terrell Davis and Emmitt Smith are going to take a hit for playing in a good system or behind a good offensive line, then Montana needs to take a hit as well. In fact even moreso. He would throw a 7 yard slant and watch Taylor or Rice run 60 yards. Sorry, but Montana is overrated.

Namath takes too much of a hit for throwing more INTs but the WCO has changed the way people see that. He played pre QB Rating and WCO. He had a big arm and they threw the ball down field.

Franco Harris :thumbsup: Dan Dierdorf ???

Agree. Harris is definitely overrated and so is Curtis Martin. The guy will probably make the hall of fame but at no point in his career was he ever as good as Terrell Davis, nor was he ever great at any point like TD was during his career. He was very good.

I don't remember anyone overrating Keyshawn except at the beginning. Yes to Michael Irvin. Sterling Sharpe was pretty damn good.

Agreed.

Don't agree with any of your LB's. Watched Urlacher play with NM and would have killed to have him on the Broncos. Early on he played great for Chicago

People dont realize how his athleticism impacts the game. He is awesome at dropping back into coverage. Plus he's physical. He's not pefect and he has had some injuries recently, but for the most part, he has been a great player.

To an extent I agree with Deion. He wouldn't tackle, would mess up his uniform, not your prototypical football player. But the guy definitely had talent as far as INT's and returning the ball.

He was so good at coverage, his tackling doesnt matter. Remember the season Champ had in 2006? Deion had an almost an entire career like that.

No one ever overrated the Fridge. He was just a character on a great team that was fun to watch.

He was a good player and is remembered as such. If anything he is underrated. Its not like people think of him for how good he actually was. They think of "the Fridge".

Ronnie Lott, dude that one you blew. The guy was great.

Yes he was. Its tempting to say he is overrated because Steve Atwater was underrated but thats not being honest.

comments in red

DHallblows
04-28-2009, 11:12 PM
I am not a Steeler fan but I am tired of people picking on Bradshaw. The dude always, always delivered in the clutch. Always. He stomped Staubach twice in the big game and threw a sweet long ball.

Aikman cannot be added. The dude was damn smart and like Bradshaw had elite receivers, a great running back, and a solid D behind him. But he delivered in the clutch everytime he got there.

Overrated quarterbacks are people who don't deliver in crunchtime like my man Fouts and your guy Elway for the first 10 years of his career.

:oyvey: So you're overrated if you can't win with a ****ty team, but not if you can win with a great one :kiddingme

JJJ
04-28-2009, 11:59 PM
:oyvey: So you're overrated if you can't win with a ****ty team, but not if you can win with a great one :kiddingme

Exactly. You cannot call someone who delivered multiple superbowl wins everytime they had a chance overrated. You cannot. Bradshaw, Aikman, Montana never lost one and Brady only lost one. Namath is Namath because he delivered one amazing marvelous win.

Fouts never made it to the big show because he sucked in the clutch when counted the most. The team behind him was good enough.

QBs get rated historically by how many SBs they deliver. That is the way it should be.

lex
04-29-2009, 12:05 AM
Exactly. You cannot call someone who delivered multiple superbowl wins everytime they had a chance overrated. You cannot. Bradshaw, Aikman, Montana never lost one and Brady only lost one. Namath is Namath because he delivered one amazing marvelous win.

Fouts never made it to the big show because he sucked in the clutch when counted the most. The team behind him was good enough.

QBs get rated historically by how many SBs they deliver. That is the way it should be.

Yes you can, the same way you cant give a pinch runner credit for hitting the triple just because he ends up scoring.

DHallblows
04-29-2009, 09:25 AM

::) I GUESS we'll have to agree to disagree.
A QB should get judged by what he accomplishes with a team around him. Not how many Super Bowls he wins with a great team around him...

manchambo
04-29-2009, 10:28 AM
I really don't think Warren Sapp was overrrated. When that guy was in his prime he was as disruptive as an DT I've ever seen.

Rohirrim
04-29-2009, 10:52 AM
Montana is about as overrated as Brady.

Edit: I don't want my meaning to get misconstrued here. IMO, these are two of the top five greatest QBs to ever play the game.

Rabb
04-29-2009, 11:02 AM
I have a hard time honestly thinking Ray Ray is overrated

criminal? sure

but he is a god damn monster of a player/leader and without him on that team...I would say they don't win a super bowl

rovolution
04-29-2009, 11:12 AM
Montana and Brady are the last thing from overrated. they overcame their physical shortcomings and low draft status to become two of the GOATs.

Aikman and Fouts are the two most overrated HOF QBs in league history.

Aikman was a glorified game manager and Ken Anderson was a better QB than Fouts and proved it in an AFC Title game.

Aikman's #s are embarassing for a HOF QB (i posted a link to his stats earlier).

And he showed he wasnt able to carry a franchise when the boys got bad in the late 90s.

TheManeMan
04-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Any player who has the tip of his finger amputated to continue playing in the season is definitely NOT overrated. Thats a problem I had, along with seeing Derrick Brooks name. Geez, some of the members on this board totally lost some cred. in my eyes after reading this thread. The original post in this thread is a f'n joke and is filled with ignorance. The End.

Smiling Assassin27
04-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Ronnie Lott was a lot of things. Overrated is not one of them.

QFT

PaintballCLE
04-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Any player who has the tip of his finger amputated to continue playing in the season is definitely NOT overrated. Thats a problem I had, along with seeing Derrick Brooks name. Geez, some of the members on this board totally lost some cred. in my eyes after reading this thread. The original post in this thread is a f'n joke and is filled with ignorance. The End.

you (and others) are missing my point. I am not saying they weren't good or even great players......But I can still think they are overrated. People say Joe Montana was the best QB ever........and althoughi think he was a very good QB, I think he wasn't the best and thus overrated. Just because i named people as overrated, doesn't mean i think they sucked or anything.

lazarus4444
04-29-2009, 07:44 PM
Ray Lewis and d. brooks are def. not overated in my book. i don't see how you think ray lewis is overrated, what a joke.

GreatBronco16
04-29-2009, 08:51 PM
But I can still think they are overrated.

Well ofcourse you can think whatever you want. That doesn't mean you're correct or anything.

You think those guys are over-rated.
I think you're stupid for thinking that.

Even though I'm right, you can still think what you want.;)

PaintballCLE
04-30-2009, 02:59 AM
Well ofcourse you can think whatever you want. That doesn't mean you're correct or anything.

You think those guys are over-rated.
I think you're stupid for thinking that.

Even though I'm right, you can still think what you want.;)

LOL