PDA

View Full Version : 1 UDFA we signed - Colquitt

thebroncosnation
04-27-2009, 07:49 PM
I will pay a little more attention to the Colquitt signing. Living here in Tennessee everyone knows about the Colquitt punting heritage. Well we signed Britton as a FA and everyone will know how new ST coach Priefer LOVES him some Colquitt. I.e. Dustin in K.C. where coach came from. The only thing is this Colquitt is like the black sheep of Colquitt punters. He is highly talented and could probably beat out Kern, but trouble tends to find this kid. I wish him the best of luck though. Just a little something that I will be paying attention to.

s0phr0syne
04-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Meh, I think it'll be tough to beat out Kern if he maintains his form from last year. He was outstanding in my estimation. Unless Colquitt can kickoff like a mo'fo' to spare Prater some of that leg strength he started to lose, I don't see him being able to unseat Kern. Of course, I haven't watched a single Tennessee game in the last 4 years.

thebroncosnation
04-27-2009, 08:00 PM
I agree from a point that Kern kicked his A$$ off last year. I just wonder with Priefer here does he go with the Colquitt genes.

UberBroncoMan
04-28-2009, 05:22 AM
Yeah... Kern did great last year. If we need competition anywhere it's at Kicker.

Traveler
04-28-2009, 05:30 AM
I read he has numerous DUI and alchohol related arrests. So ,while he may be talented, his drinking issues may derail his attempt at landing a job with the team if he doesn't get help.

Mogulseeker
04-28-2009, 05:34 AM

Beantown Bronco
04-28-2009, 06:13 AM
I honestly felt that left tackle and punter will the only untouchable spots on the entire roster going into this offseason.

barryr
04-28-2009, 06:33 AM
He'll provide competition and the better guy will win.

Man-Goblin
04-28-2009, 06:37 AM
Being the brother of a franchise punter must be really hard to live up to.

worm
04-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Being the brother of a franchise punter must be really hard to live up to.

He will have our franchise long snapper to help him through it.

cousinal11
04-28-2009, 07:21 AM
Kern was just about as good as a punter can be last year. I was suprised we didn't grab another kicker to challenge Prater. Can Colquitt kick?

Man-Goblin
04-28-2009, 07:55 AM
I dunno, but he may be the next Todd Sauerbrun!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3251463

Tennessee punter Britton Colquitt has been suspended for the Vols' first five games of the 2008 season following his weekend arrest on charges of driving under the influence and leaving the scene of an accident.

Colquitt, 22, also was stripped of his scholarship, Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer said in a statement Sunday.

Colquitt, who decided to return to Tennessee for his senior year and not to enter the NFL draft, was suspended from the team as a freshman in 2004 when he faced multiple alcohol-related charges stemming from several incidents. He was reinstated later in the year after he pleaded no contest to a charge of underage alcohol consumption.

McDman
04-28-2009, 08:21 AM
I go to UT and I'm telling you, this guy is the biggest D bag on campus. He thinks he is so awesome.

He's has four DUIs and he still drinks all the time. I've hated this guy since high school.

Even my mom called me yesterday to make fun of me because the Broncos picked him up and she said he'll probably be too drunk to play.

gunns
04-28-2009, 08:26 AM
I thought this was a stretch. We need a kicker and Louie Sakoda was still available.

Man-Goblin
04-28-2009, 08:27 AM
I go to UT and I'm telling you, this guy is the biggest D bag on campus. He thinks he is so awesome.

He's has four DUIs and he still drinks all the time. I've hated this guy since high school.

Even my mom called me yesterday to make fun of me because the Broncos picked him up and she said he'll probably be too drunk to play.

4 DUIs??? Holy ****.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Uh oh...

Your punter will **** us up!

Beantown Bronco
04-28-2009, 08:46 AM
4 DUIs??? Holy ****.

Seriously, how do you have 4 DUIs by the time you're 22, with at least one of them coming before you can even legally drink, and NOT be in jail?

hades
04-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Seriously, how do you have 4 DUIs by the time you're 22, with at least one of them coming before you can even legally drink, and NOT be in jail?

$$$ and/or fame

Beantown Bronco
04-28-2009, 09:19 AM
$$$ and/or fame

It's nuts. I thought we were lenient.

In Massachusetts, it doesn't matter who you are. 3rd offense = mandatory minimum 6 months in prison. 4th is 1 year mandatory minimum.

gyldenlove
04-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I will pay a little more attention to the Colquitt signing. Living here in Tennessee everyone knows about the Colquitt punting heritage. Well we signed Britton as a FA and everyone will know how new ST coach Priefer LOVES him some Colquitt. I.e. Dustin in K.C. where coach came from. The only thing is this Colquitt is like the black sheep of Colquitt punters. He is highly talented and could probably beat out Kern, but trouble tends to find this kid. I wish him the best of luck though. Just a little something that I will be paying attention to.

The Denver bar owners will love this, they need someone to pick up Cutlers intake.

thebroncosnation
05-03-2009, 11:43 AM
More to see on Colquitt. Here are stats. This dude will probably end up punting for us if he doesn't go Sauerbrun.

http://alabama.scout.com/a.z?s=14&p=2&c=862108

Kaylore
05-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Well I, for one, don't want another Todd Sauerbrun on my team. Kern was great and will only get better with coaching. He also is a family man with good values and isn't an immature alcoholic like Colquitt.

TonyR
05-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Does Chicago need a punter? Jay could probably use another drinking buddy in the Windy City. (sorry, can't resist)

broncosteven
05-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Does Chicago need a punter? Jay could probably use another drinking buddy in the Windy City. (sorry, can't resist)

I think Todd still lives in Niles IL. He can hook up with Jay whenever they want to get liquored up and slap some cab drivers around.

broncosteven
05-03-2009, 12:15 PM
I honestly felt that left tackle and punter will the only untouchable spots on the entire roster going into this offseason.

NO ONE is UNTRADEABLE! NO ONE! THIS MEANS NO ONE IS UNTRADEABLE! Get it? Got it? GOOD!

Los Broncos
05-03-2009, 12:55 PM
We should of traded Cutler for a kicker, if he drinks this much him and Orton will get along great.

footstepsfrom#27
05-03-2009, 01:15 PM
So why exactly do we need this guy?

Crushaholic
05-03-2009, 02:15 PM
He's an UDFA. It's really not a big deal to cut him if he misbehaves...or just sucks...ROFL!

footstepsfrom#27
05-03-2009, 02:38 PM
He's an UDFA. It's really not a big deal to cut him if he misbehaves...or just sucks...ROFL!
Unless he wins the job. Then he's a member of the team and potentially a considerably bigger problem.

Why exactly do we need this guy?

s0phr0syne
05-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Provides competition and limits how many reps Prater and Kern's legs have to take. What's so hard to get footsteps?

I mean, if you're asking, "Why do we need this guy over other available kickers?", then I agree, it's puzzling. But not as much once you realize the Pfeifer ST connection.