PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels, Xanders in over their heads?

Bronco Rob
04-27-2009, 02:58 PM
The questions first arose when the new regime in Denver tried to trade quarterback Jay Cutler for Matt Cassel. The subject intensified when the new regime lost a standoff with Cutler, ultimately trading him to Chicago.

The verdict on the transaction ultimately will be determined by the value of the return: two first-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton.

While it remains to be seen whether defensive end/linebacker Robert Ayers will help reverse a troubling trend on defense over the past few years, a first-round pick from 2010 was converted to a second-round pick in a draft generally regarded as weak.

So the performance of both Ayers and cornerback Alphonso Smith will go a long way toward determining whether the Broncos got a good deal -- and whether McDaniels and Brian Xanders are the right men for the jobs they hold.

Then there's the issue of taking running back Knowshon Moreno with the No. 12 overall pick in the draft, after acquiring several tailbacks in free agency. Unless Moreno becomes the next Adrian Peterson, the Broncos would have been wiser to use that pick on a player like defensive end Brian Orakpo (who, in all fairness, could be this year's version of Vernon Gholston) or cornerback Malcolm Jenkins.

That way, they could have kept the 2010 first-rounder, and they could have used the extra third-round pick on a running back.

Instead, they sent two picks to Pittsburgh for the last pick in the second round, which was devoted to the acquisition of a blocking tight end that the team doesn't really need -- unless the next guy to go is veteran Daniel Graham.

Then, to cap the weekend, "McXanders" was reportedly shopping the team's 2007 first-rounder, Jarvis Moss, for a seventh-round pick.

Hey, maybe the Broncos will turn things around, and maybe they're making great decisions. But the moves they've made to date aren't especially encouraging, and it could make for a long year in Denver.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=542964

Archer81
04-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Dont we have enough of these bull**** threads? Granted, I am adding to it but how many different ways and times can some people say they dont like the coaching staff? Honestly...

:Broncos:

Garcia Bronco
04-27-2009, 03:03 PM
The whole premise and the presepective that these paragraphs stem from are completely flawed.

Taco John
04-27-2009, 03:04 PM
He was posting what was being said at The Sporting News.

theAPAOps5
04-27-2009, 03:04 PM
This is Mike Florio, end thread

SonOfLe-loLang
04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
i like how he says Denver was better off getting Orakpo, then immediately claims he might be a bust. Nice

barryr
04-27-2009, 03:06 PM
Oh, let's have more "fire McDaniels" threads. Makes for such great reading. Kindergarten class must have just been released for the day.

telluride
04-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Here's a simple question. Would you rather be going into this season with:

Slowik & Shanny or Nolan & McDaniels

Because as Shanny made clear, Slowik was going nowhere. Which means that our defense would again have been horrific. No amount of whining and revisions can change that one true fact.

barryr
04-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Here's a simple question. Would you rather be going into this season with:

Slowik & Shanny or Nolan & McDaniels

Because as Shanny made clear, Slowik was going nowhere. Which means that our defense would again have been horrific. No amount of whining and revisions can change that one true fact.

But hey, ignore all the draft busts Shanahan took on the defensive side of the ball, especially DL, they were going to get it right this time though. 10th year is the charm.

Pony Boy
04-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Same old crap!! The writer must be paid just to fill space, does he think anyone is going to read this and think "wow" this is great stuff about the Broncos.ZZZ...

colonelbeef
04-27-2009, 03:11 PM
This is the generally agreed upon assessment of the Denver Broncos as the rest of the NFL and observers see it.

Only homers are touting how great this offseason has been. Even orangemane.com god and scouting maven Mike Mayock himself has said time and time again that this offseason has been a total cluster****, even if some of the picks were good ones (which I do believe to be true)

Watching Mayock, Gruden, and Casserle go back and forth on how stupid it was to lose Cutler in the first place was really disheartening

JJJ
04-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes

Blueflame
04-27-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh, let's have more "fire McDaniels" threads. Makes for such great reading. Kindergarten class must have just been released for the day.

If you dislike them that much, then why do you open them? It's clear from the title that this thread won't be McDaniels worship... yet there it is... your post on it. Instead of whining, why not just skip right on over those threads?

barryr
04-27-2009, 03:17 PM
If you dislike them that much, then why do you open them? It's clear from the title that this thread won't be McDaniels worship... yet there it is... your post on it. Instead of whining, why not just skip right on over those threads?

Instead of bitching about McDaniels 24 hours a day, why not become a Bear fan? McDaniels isn't being fired before he's even coached one game. Move on already. Geesh.

lex
04-27-2009, 03:19 PM

He thinks he can make a difference and is trying to put out fires.

TheReverend
04-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Instead of b****ing about McDaniels 24 hours a day, why not become a Bear fan? McDaniels isn't being fired before he's even coached one game. Move on already. Geesh.

Sweet rhetorical question.

I have one for you:

Instead of opening a thread you clearly won't agree with, and then for the 10,000th time reminding people you don't agree with it, why not stick your head in the oven?

OBF1
04-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Someone wake me up when these people are over this old news.

barryr
04-27-2009, 03:25 PM

I have one for you:

Instead of opening a thread you clearly won't agree with, and then for the 10,000th time reminding people you don't agree with it, why not stick your head in the oven?

Oh, Bowlen has finally agreed to your request. He has finally decided a beer-bellied fatass knows more than anyone else and has dumped McDaniels before he's even coached one game. The countless threads were just too much for him and caused him to make the decision. He wants to thank the fans for being so contructive with their time and repeating the same **** over and over.

Blueflame
04-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Instead of b****ing about McDaniels 24 hours a day, why not become a Bear fan? McDaniels isn't being fired before he's even coached one game. Move on already. Geesh.

How about losing the "go root for another team" card? It's incredibly lame. And why is it that there are no "barryr" posts on threads that obviously will agree with your perspective? (example: Moreno & Ayers = Clady & Royal)? Is it that you'd prefer to harangue and bully those whose viewpoints differ from yours instead of celebrating with those who do?

telluride
04-27-2009, 03:30 PM
But hey, ignore all the draft busts Shanahan took on the defensive side of the ball, especially DL, they were going to get it right this time though. 10th year is the charm.

Not sure I get your point. My point was that I'd rather have Nolan and McDaniels. At least this year, we have the possibility of an improved defense and some fresh creative offense -- things that would not have been possible if Slowik and Shanny were still here.

TheReverend
04-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh, Bowlen has finally agreed to your request. He has finally decided a beer-bellied fatass knows more than anyone else and has dumped McDaniels before he's even coached one game. The countless threads were just too much for him and caused him to make the decision. He wants to thank the fans for being so contructive with their time and repeating the same **** over and over.

First off, that's a horridly inaccurate depiction of me.

Secondly, I'm now 100% sure you're missing the point of a FAN MESSAGE BOARD.

Popps
04-27-2009, 03:36 PM
which was devoted to the acquisition of a blocking tight end that the team doesn't really need

It really amazes me that people get paid to write this stuff. I understand it's editorial, but that statement is so patently idiotic... anything else in the article is just rendered useless.

Absolutely, 100% bull****. This guy needs to do a little homework and re-write that turd.

Kaylore
04-27-2009, 03:37 PM
This is the generally agreed upon assessment of the Denver Broncos as the rest of the NFL and observers see it.

No it isn't. Trent Dilfer likes the moves McDaniels has made and would want to play for him. Mike Smith on ESPN said he likes the moves and that McDaniels "knows how to build a team." Mike Mayock likes all our selections and thinks they add toughness. One of the other writers for the sporting news gave us an A-. I know you want to imagine it where the whole universe hates McDaniels but it isn't so.

HEAV
04-27-2009, 03:40 PM
All I know is this:

All the free-agents, draft picks, undrafted free-agents and current talent on the roster.

This summer camp is going to be about Competition

HEAV
04-27-2009, 03:43 PM
No it isn't. Trent Dilfer likes the moves McDaniels has made and would want to play for him. Mike Smith on ESPN said he likes the moves and that McDaniels "knows how to build a team." Mike Mayock likes all our selections and thinks they add toughness. One of the other writers for the sporting news gave us an A-. I know you want to imagine it where the whole universe hates McDaniels but it isn't so.

Kay,

It's not worth it bro. There is a select group of people that think/want this team to fail. Then there are the armchair pro draft guide book reading Madden video game coaches that think they have a clue.

This team winning will eliminate the asshat's and shut-up many of the haters.

Pseudofool
04-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Florio is two-faced on this whole issue; he'll play up what ever story line is the most sensational regardless of what he's maintained in the past. His site is nice for info quickly, but he should have never peddled that into a spot at the sportingnews.

Pseudofool
04-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Trent Dilfer likes the moves McDaniels has made and would want to play for him. I'm surprised by how much I'm impressed by Dilfer as a talkinghead. He's articulate and persuasive. When he was this Dilfer was particularly enthusiastic. (IIRC, his reasoning seemed rooted in McD's boldness in public and his choice to get high character guys). I found it pretty encouraging.

Popps
04-27-2009, 03:55 PM

Yea, a lot of people look at this like a fantasy draft. You have to draft a certain amount of a certain player or your draft is a failure.

Again, I would have loved one more day one DL... but considering how targeted our picks were, I'm going to reserve judgment until I can see how these other players pan out.

For the 100th time, we didn't need Eddie Royal as much as we did 5 other positions last season, yet... he's a star.

McDaniels did a lot of dirty-work in this draft. I don't care if we win any awards for "best draft" on April 27th. I want to have the best draft of 09 two and three years from now. (If not sooner.)

Chris
04-27-2009, 04:01 PM
I find this thread very boring.

Archer81
04-27-2009, 04:03 PM

Oh snap...

Blueflame
04-27-2009, 04:07 PM

So....you opened it and read it... for what reason? Ha!

HAT
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
So....you opened it and read it... for what reason? Ha!

It's pretty apparent to anyone with an IQ that he opened and read it....AND THEN determined it was boring. (Correctly, I might add.)

How could anyone determine a threads merit without first opening it and reading it? Pretty elementary stuff.

Blueflame
04-27-2009, 04:24 PM
It's pretty apparent to anyone with an IQ that he opened and read it....AND THEN determined it was boring. (Correctly, I might add.)

How could anyone determine a threads merit without first opening it and reading it? Pretty elementary stuff.

Yeah, with a title like "McDaniels, Xanders in over their heads?" it's clearly going to be brimming over with optimism toward the front office? No hints whatsoever as to its content there. LOL

There are a lot of threads that I don't bother opening. And if I open them and then find them boring, rather than taking the time and effort to post a complaint about them, I inwardly think "that's x number of minutes I won't get back" and go on about my business.

elsid13
04-27-2009, 04:24 PM

Actually Mayock said the players were decent, but he hated how Denver FO gave up this years and next picks to get them. That has been the census with most of the talking heads. Decent players, but there were other options that were just as good that might have better impact on the team when came to draft choices.

BroncoBuff
04-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Excellent article.

Anybody who denies there are some serious questions about McXanders is in denial.

DBroncos4life
04-27-2009, 08:13 PM
The TE pick sucks. Other then that I can live with it. I wanted a RB anyways. I don't know why they bring up picking up two 30 year old RBs and a bust as the fix all to our running problems. Other then Buck being a Husker and going to break of 3k this year ;D

OABB
04-27-2009, 08:21 PM
go broncos!

rastaman
04-27-2009, 08:27 PM

Hey dude....we know you and your ilk will be over rationalizing and coming up with excuses for Napoleon McDaniels blunders. Lets all stay tuned. McDaniels is he reincarnation of Romeo Crennel and will be back in NE as a 36 year old highest paid offensive coordinator in the NFL. :pimp:

Broncomutt
04-27-2009, 08:29 PM
The subject intensified when the new regime lost a standoff with Cutler, ultimately trading him to Chicago.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=542964

Whoa whoa whoa.

I don't care about nothin' else in this thread, but when did we "lose the standoff" with Cutler??

He and Bus bluffed, Bowlen called the bluff, Cutler followed with "I didn't really want to be traded." :( Cutler's own words.

Now, did the trade most benefit the Bears or the Broncos? That remains to be seen.

But Cutler whined, we said "see ya!!", and then he whined some more. Not sure I see the loss on our part.

watermock
04-27-2009, 08:41 PM
The verdict on the transaction ultimately will be determined by the value of the return: two first-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton.

While it remains to be seen whether defensive end/linebacker Robert Ayers will help reverse a troubling trend on defense over the past few years, a first-round pick from 2010 was converted to a second-round pick in a draft generally regarded as weak.

So the performance of both Ayers and cornerback Alphonso Smith will go a long way toward determining whether the Broncos got a good deal -- and whether McDaniels and Brian Xanders are the right men for the jobs they hold.

Then there's the issue of taking running back Knowshon Moreno with the No. 12 overall pick in the draft, after acquiring several tailbacks in free agency. Unless Moreno becomes the next Adrian Peterson, the Broncos would have been wiser to use that pick on a player like defensive end Brian Orakpo (who, in all fairness, could be this year's version of Vernon Gholston) or cornerback Malcolm Jenkins.

That way, they could have kept the 2010 first-rounder, and they could have used the extra third-round pick on a running back.

You were saying?

outdoor_miner
04-27-2009, 08:46 PM
I don't know why they bring up picking up two 30 year old RBs and a bust as the fix all to our running problems. Other then Buck being a Husker and going to break of 3k this year ;D

This is what I don't understand. The Broncos did not break the bank for any of these guys. They were all clearly intended to add depth and provide a stop-gap solution to our running back woes. Buckhalter got $1.8 million guaranteed, Arrington $1.8 million, and Jordan received a $500K signing bonus (not sure if anything else is guaranteed).

Who cares if we cut one of these guys? Sure, it's a small mistake, but not that much effin money when we had the opportunity to upgrade to Moreno. It's not like we're handicapped by their monster contracts, and that's what's keeping us from signing a marquee defensive tackle. It's the media playing follow-the-leader to pile on McDaniels and Xanders. Which is fine, I guess. It's fun to play the underdog. I just don't understand the fixation with us having signed Buckhalter, Arrington, and Jordan for what amounts to beans in the big scheme of things.

fdf
04-27-2009, 08:46 PM

Whine whine whine. Revise revise revise.

You're right, even after whining, having Slowick would still suck.

fdf
04-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Whine whine whine. Revise revise revise.

You're right having Slowick still sucks.

I just noticed--that was my 1000th post.

watermock
04-27-2009, 09:01 PM
This is what I don't understand. The Broncos did not break the bank for any of these guys. They were all clearly intended to add depth and provide a stop-gap solution to our running back woes. Buckhalter got $1.8 million guaranteed, Arrington $1.8 million, and Jordan received a $500K signing bonus (not sure if anything else is guaranteed).

These SB's aren't all that bad, madde before we knew we were taking Knowshow.

We came out of this with alot of lost capital for next years(deeper)draft.

We shouldn't of compromised both this and next years drafts IMO.

Green looks alot like Moreno to me.

Broncojef
04-27-2009, 09:07 PM
McDaniels will be fired a million times by haters before he coaches one game. Give him 2 or 3 years all will be right.

DB Doom
04-27-2009, 09:30 PM
For McDaniels, it was his experience running a draft and he hopes it turns out to be a good learning experience for the future.

“You self-scout yourself in a lot of things you do as a coach,” he said. “This will be no different. The experience was great. I look forward to next year’s draft and maybe trying to build on this experience.

“I feel like it went pretty well, in terms of the way we wanted it to go. We got a lot of things done and accomplished and I’ll be better next year.”

http://www.timescall.com/sports-pro/sportspro-story.asp?ID=15840

His response at the end seems totally different than what the piece seems to imply..i don't know.hmmm...

watermock
04-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I’ll be better next year.”

There's always next year....

watermock
04-27-2009, 09:38 PM
He basically admits what some have said.

He SHOULD be humbled by giving up EITHER of next years #1's.

watermock
04-27-2009, 09:40 PM
BTW, we don't HAVE to take our 2 #1's.But bet they will come courtin' for Mt. Cody, Bradford and McCoy.

Basically, Mcdummy has subconciously allready taken himself out of a QB sweepstakes by trading our second first and drafting TB2.

fdf
04-27-2009, 10:16 PM
The fans and sports writers are in over their heads.

rastaman
04-28-2009, 04:02 AM
McDaniels will be fired a million times by haters before he coaches one game. Give him 2 or 3 years all will be right.

Yep! in 2 or 3 years McDaniel's will be another Romeo Crennel or Bob Weis. Bellichieck coaching protégé' have yet to prove they win in the NFL.

But hey, I expect Bowlen to give McD five or six years to prove what an incompetent coach he is......that way, the McD apologist CAN'T SAY WE DIDN'T GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

TheReverend
04-28-2009, 04:09 AM

That statement does require some context. Trent Dilfer has, and always will, want to pay for anyone that's willing to give his untalented ass a paycheck.

Maybe he just smells a sucker? <----this part was just a joke. settle down people.

Blueflame
04-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Yep! in 2 or 3 years McDaniel's will be another Romeo Crennel or Bob Weis. Bellichieck coaching protégé' have yet to prove they win in the NFL.

But hey, I expect Bowlen to give McD five or six years to prove what an incompetent coach he is......that way, the McD apologist CAN'T SAY WE DIDN'T GIVE HIM A CHANCE.

Belichick himself couldn't win until he started cheating....

OrangeRising
04-28-2009, 11:10 AM

Nah. Those were home movies for his own personal use. Didn't you know that?

The worst thing about Josh leaving New England will be who, exactly, is going to get Bill's coffee in the morning? Oh, and fetching all those balls during practice. Labor intensive stuff.

garandman
04-28-2009, 11:16 AM

I have one for you:

THAT WAS FUNNY AS HELL

Blueflame
04-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Nah. Those were home movies for his own personal use. Didn't you know that?

The worst thing about Josh leaving New England will be who, exactly, is going to get Bill's coffee in the morning? Oh, and fetching all those balls during practice. Labor intensive stuff.

A lot of people tend to forget that the cheater was 36 and 44 in his 5-year tenure with the Browns... :~ohyah!:

I'm sure Belicheat will be able to find a new gofer.... after all, a couple of seasons with the Cheatriots just might work into a HC position with another franchise.

vancejohnson82
04-28-2009, 11:18 AM

Get your **** straight before posting nonsense...

Prior to joining the Patriots, Belichick spent five seasons (1991-95) rebuilding the Cleveland Browns, whose 3-13 finish in 1990 was the worst in the history of the franchise. By 1994, the Browns were again one of NFL's best teams, boasting the second-best record in the AFC. Belichick's first head coaching opportunity came following the 1990 season, when his defensive efforts with the New York Giants helped claim a second Super Bowl title in five years. At the age of 38, he became the NFL's youngest head coach. In his first season, Belichick began the rebuilding process by restoring the foundation of the aging squad he inherited. In 1991, the Browns improved to 6-10 and played in 11 games that were decided by a touchdown or less.

Rohirrim
04-28-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm still hung up on the same hook: Everybody and their brother in the football world determined before the draft that the Broncos' #1 need was at DT. Max and X didn't take a DT until UDFA came around, ie, camp fodder. They have an interesting explanation for this failure to draft at the #1 need that involves their own, secretive plan for the team which relies on players who meet their criteria. The criteria consists of team players, good character guys, hard workers who love football, best at their skill set, etc. That concept, I definitely agree with. Here's the hook that still hangs me up: Newsome, Pioli and Polian, three GMs whose records make them masters at the draft, found DTs in this draft that certainly met their criteria and they took them on the first day. I've watched a lot of Fili Moala. Nobody can convince me you can't put twenty pounds on that guy and put him at NT. He got double teamed his entire career at USC and every player on that team called him the rock of that defense. Of course, Polian didn't draft him for that, but that's just my take on his abilities. Of course, Fili is a moody guy. So was Ted Washington.

What I wanted more than anything at the end of last year's humiliation, was the Broncos to go out and fix this defense. Of course, I've been waiting for that for years. Now, I'm supposed to take the word of a couple of thirty-somethings (who pretty much just duplicated a standard, head-scratching Shanny draft) over the actions of guys like Newsome, Polian and Pioli that no DTs were there who could help us stop the run? That essentially the same guys who were out there last year, with the addition of one OLB/DE tweener (Ayers) are going to give us the ability to plug up one of the most porous run defenses in the league?

Maybe Mac is at the front of the wave of a new kind of football. More power to him. I'm stuck in dinosaur thinking that the basic element of success in the game of football comes from your ability to stop the run. It's been that way since I was a kid. Maybe we're in a new era, and that no longer applies. I wouldn't bet on it.

Blueflame
04-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Get your **** straight before posting nonsense...

Prior to joining the Patriots, Belichick spent five seasons (1991-95) rebuilding the Cleveland Browns, whose 3-13 finish in 1990 was the worst in the history of the franchise. By 1994, the Browns were again one of NFL's best teams, boasting the second-best record in the AFC. Belichick's first head coaching opportunity came following the 1990 season, when his defensive efforts with the New York Giants helped claim a second Super Bowl title in five years. At the age of 38, he became the NFL's youngest head coach. In his first season, Belichick began the rebuilding process by restoring the foundation of the aging squad he inherited. In 1991, the Browns improved to 6-10 and played in 11 games that were decided by a touchdown or less.

Yeah, 36 and 44 is the very definition of "success"... ::)

vancejohnson82
04-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah, 36 and 44 is the very definition of "success"... ::)

taking a team that was the laughing stock of hte NFL and building into the #2seed in the AFC is success in my book....

not to mention he won under Parcells as an assistant coach....

but that doesnt count right?

rugbythug
04-28-2009, 11:25 AM

Al Davis says the same About Shanahan

Blueflame
04-28-2009, 11:27 AM
taking a team that was the laughing stock of hte NFL and building into the #2seed in the AFC is success in my book....

not to mention he won under Parcells as an assistant coach....

but that doesnt count right?

Four losing records in five seasons generally means a HC gets fired. And that's exactly what happened to Belichick.

Blueflame
04-28-2009, 11:28 AM

Yeah, Al Davis is the ultimate expert on judging coaching talent... Hilarious!

vancejohnson82
04-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Four losing records in five seasons generally means a HC gets fired. And that's exactly what happened to Belichick.

your initial statement was that he couldnt win without cheating....and you were subsequently proved incorrect....

I would also implore you to look at Jeff Fishers career numbers....teams often go through peaks and valleys and organizational patience goes a long way...perhaps it would have been Cleveland winning those Lombardis had they not cut the cord with BB

but lets get out the pitchforks and flames to run McDaniels out of town

TheReverend
04-28-2009, 11:37 AM
your initial statement was that he couldnt win without cheating....and you were subsequently proved incorrect....

I would also implore you to look at Jeff Fishers career numbers....teams often go through peaks and valleys and organizational patience goes a long way...perhaps it would have been Cleveland winning those Lombardis had they not cut the cord with BB

All worse than Mike Shanahan's... including defensive rankings.

vancejohnson82
04-28-2009, 11:40 AM
All worse than Mike Shanahan's... including defensive rankings.

I was completely against the Shanahan firing....its documented in my past posts....and I completely agree that we shoiuld have waited another season or two to let his plan play out

HOWEVER, now we are where we are....and I think McDaniels is doing a helluva job sending this team into a positive direction with a different approach to team personality

lex
04-28-2009, 11:58 AM

Thats laughable. If youre referring to the front office error thing, its not even close to the same thing. Nice try though.

TheReverend
04-28-2009, 12:01 PM
I was completely against the Shanahan firing....its documented in my past posts....and I completely agree that we shoiuld have waited another season or two to let his plan play out

HOWEVER, now we are where we are....and I think McDaniels is doing a helluva job sending this team into a positive direction with a different approach to team personality

That's my fault then. Usually the people who "love" McDaniels moves so far were just so anti-Shanahan that they're currently doing anything to look "right".

I apologize for lumping you into that category.

Blueflame
04-28-2009, 12:04 PM

Wrong. I wasn't "proven incorrect" at all. Pre-cheating (his HC experience before New England, ie: Cleveland), he had a sub- .500 record in four out of five seasons. And he was fired for it.

Also, Belicheat's dismal Browns record has absolutely nothing to do with McDaniels, as he was probably still in high school at the time.

vancejohnson82
04-28-2009, 12:09 PM
That's my fault then. Usually the people who "love" McDaniels moves so far were just so anti-Shanahan that they're currently doing anything to look "right".

I apologize for lumping you into that category.

No, I was absolutely shellshocked when Shanahan was let go and I thought it was a GIANT mistake that could have set this organization back at least 5 years....out of the guys who were there for the hiring, obviously Spags and McD were my two top guys....and I was ecstatic when we got McD because it played to our strength, which was offense...

unfortunately, anything i say about the front office doing a good job from the shanahan firing on, is marked as Patriot propoganda....which is a shame because if anything, we should be moving towards that type of an organization

BlueFlame, so you use the Browns years of Belicheck to diss him...and then use the Patriot years to diss him....yet, this is a coach more successful then anyone in the last decade.....

Blueflame
04-28-2009, 12:19 PM
No, I was absolutely shellshocked when Shanahan was let go and I thought it was a GIANT mistake that could have set this organization back at least 5 years....out of the guys who were there for the hiring, obviously Spags and McD were my two top guys....and I was ecstatic when we got McD because it played to our strength, which was offense...

unfortunately, anything i say about the front office doing a good job from the shanahan firing on, is marked as Patriot propoganda....which is a shame because if anything, we should be moving towards that type of an organization

BlueFlame, so you use the Browns years of Belicheck to diss him...and then use the Patriot years to diss him....yet, this is a coach more successful then anyone in the last decade.....because he was cheating and got away wtih it

Fixed.

I've made no secret of the fact that I intensely dislike Belicheat and everything he stands for.

rastaman
04-28-2009, 02:34 PM

McDaniels will get four years to come as close to what Shanahan achieved in his first 4 years! Is that fair enough?

Point is, McD already has a few strikes against him already for running Cutler out of town and for tinkering with an offense that was set to explode!

McD has put the Broncos on full rebuild mode over the next 3 years, and just last year, the Broncos were a running attack away from making the playoffs due to 7 seven RB's suffering season ending injuries.

McDaniels is on a short lease with the fans......but don't worry b/c Bowlen is married to McD for at least 4 to 5 years. Its not like McD has won anything before! He's an unknown and is 32 years old.

Lets sit back and see "Miracle McDaniels" can achieve!!! He's going to need a lot of luck to over come his apparent egotistical coaching techniquies.

Archer81
04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
McDaniels will get four years to come as close to what Shanahan achieved in his first 4 years! Is that fair enough?

Point is, McD already has a few strikes against him already for running Cutler out of town and for tinkering with an offense that was set to explode!

McD has put the Broncos on full rebuild mode over the next 3 years, and just last year, the Broncos were a running attack away from making the playoffs due to 7 seven RB's suffering season ending injuries.

McDaniels is on a short lease with the fans......but don't worry b/c Bowlen is married to McD for at least 4 to 5 years. Its not like McD has won anything before! He's an unknown and is 32 years old.

Lets sit back and see "Miracle McDaniels" can achieve!!! He's going to need a lot of luck to over come his apparent egotistical coaching techniquies.

Cutler pretty much stamped his own ticket out of town when he didnt return pat bowlen's calls.