PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction Thread: NFL Draft 2009

Rohirrim
04-27-2009, 09:26 AM
Since a few of the sheep on this board have seen fit to drag out last year's threads and make fun of other posters (while, of course, offering no comments of their own to judge), I figured why not get it right out in the open? Let's create a thread where everybody can put their predictions in one thread and then next year the sheep don't have to dig so deep to get their little thrill. Of course, I expect the sheep to come in here and post their bold predictions as well, without using some mealy mouthed little cop out like, "I'll wait til I see them in camp," or some other chicken **** ploy. There is film on every one of these guys on Youtube. There are hundreds of draft profiles online. Don't be a gutless wimp. Make your bold prediction! What the hell is a football message board for?

Here, I'll start it out: I think the Broncos franchise will regret taking Big Al Smith over Maualuga for many moons to come. I believe that Smith will have a career similar to Deltha O'Neal's. He'll bounce around to a few teams, show some flashes, but never be the complete CB teams are looking for. Rey will be a playmaker and a game changer and a force in the NFL for many years to come. A whole bunch of teams in the NFL will be kicking themselves in the ass for passing on him. The loss of that first down pick will only add to the pain for the Broncos.

There ya go. Laugh now. Laugh later. Let's see what ya got. ;D

chickennob2
04-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Bruton will make the Pro Bowl at some point in his career.

As the ST gunner

TheReverend
04-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Knowshon will make people love him. More out of necessity than anything else because we'll have to lean on him over Orton.

Ayers will play well as an OLB this season, but will take time before he's a viable option for DE on running downs.

Smith will be a GOOD corner, never great, and people will look at this pick the same way they do when we passed on Ed Reed over both Rey and Brace.

Bruton won't amount to anything. Bar none my least favorite pick. Big and fast but he's a woman on the inside.

baja
04-27-2009, 09:41 AM
I predict this draft will make McD a fan favorite to rival Shanahan. I think we will have hit on most of the picks especially 1, 1, 2, 2. and the QB and WR

worm
04-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Excellent thread idea. We need to make it easy for the sheep because...well they are sheep.

Moreno will win or be runner-up for OROY.

3 or more UDFA will make this team.

Broncoman13
04-27-2009, 09:42 AM
I think that both Rashad Johnson and William Moore will be better pros than McBath.

I think that Alphonso Smith will be a good CB but nothing better than TBuck or Dre Bly. He will NOT warrant the first round pick we gave up for him though a 2nd round cap number will be just about right. He'll have better production than Foxworth if that counts for anything.

Robert Ayers will not be anything special. My most feared pick of the draft.

Knowshon Moreno will be a star on and off the field. I can't remember a draft pick that I like more than Moreno??? At this point he is one of my favorite picks of all time for the Broncos. FTR, I loved the Ashley Lelie pick too. :(

Richard Quinn is going to be a silent star that doesn't show up in the box scores but his downfield blocking will spring guys like Moreno, Marshall, and Royal for some huge plays. I hated the pick at first and still think we could've waited for him, but I can see already what he'll be used for. McD loves those quick screens bubble/smoke type screens. You get a TE that is out in space already and can block at a high level in the open field and you have a guy that will open up things for everyone else. Brandon Marshall is a very good blocker as well. Imagine BMarsh and Richard Quinn blocking on the quick inside screens for Eddie Royal or Knowshon Moreno!!! Silent and deadly!

David Burton will play well on STs but won't do much as a safety in this league.

McBath nothing more than a Nick Ferguson type that will struggle vs the run but have a few years of 3 or 4 INTs making him at least serviceable.

The draft pick in next year's draft that we're giving the Shehawks will be #12 at the worst!

The UDFAs will outshine the day two draftees.

bombquixote
04-27-2009, 09:43 AM
Since a few of the sheep on this board have seen fit to drag out last year's threads and make fun of other posters (while, of course, offering no comments of their own to judge), I figured why not get it right out in the open? Let's create a thread where everybody can put their predictions in one thread and then next year the sheep don't have to dig so deep to get their little thrill. Of course, I expect the sheep to come in here and post their bold predictions as well, without using some mealy mouthed little cop out like, "I'll wait til I see them in camp," or some other chicken **** ploy. There is film on every one of these guys on Youtube. There are hundreds of draft profiles online. Don't be a gutless wimp. Make your bold prediction! What the hell is a football message board for?

Here, I'll start it out: I think the Broncos franchise will regret taking Big Al Smith over Maualuga for many moons to come. I believe that Smith will have a career similar to Deltha O'Neal's. He'll bounce around to a few teams, show some flashes, but never be the complete CB teams are looking for. Rey will be a playmaker and a game changer and a force in the NFL for many years to come. A whole bunch of teams in the NFL will be kicking themselves in the ass for passing on him. The loss of that first down pick will only add to the pain for the Broncos.

I predict Rey will never be a starter in this league.
I predict Big Al will make the probowl his third year.
I predict the Broncos will double their takeaways this year from last year.
I predict they will still only go 8-8 in 2009.
I predict they will go 12-4 in 2010, win the division, and make it to the AFC championship game.
I predict Kinley (or whatever that receiver's name is) will be a stud.

tsiguy96
its funny that people that refuse to call this team ****ty until they se them on the field are "sheep" now.

good call guys, really genius of you. its actually smarter to make your predictions on whether the team will do good in APRIL rather then in SEPTEMBER.

BroncoInSkinland
Knowshon will look good and break 1,000 easily, but the Red zone woes will continue. At the end of the season Orakpo will end with more sacks than Moreno had TD's, and we will wonder if 2010 is the season we finally address the line.

Old Dude
04-27-2009, 09:45 AM
http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:BOUXoF9dXB4RBM:http://baltimoreron.homestead.com/files/superb_trophy.jpg

prunch
04-27-2009, 09:48 AM
I predict everyone will be less tense in a month

Mediator12
04-27-2009, 09:50 AM
Rey Maualuga will get arrested in his first year in CIN and Finish off Marvin Lewis Career thankfully to CIN fans ;D

Chris Wells gets injured in TC, drinks too much Grey goose, ostricizes his teammates, and gets cut before the first game. Wait, that's another overrated OSU RB. What's his name Again ??? ;D

Rohirrim
04-27-2009, 09:51 AM
its funny that people that refuse to call this team ****ty until they se them on the field are "sheep" now.

good call guys, really genius of you. its actually smarter to make your predictions on whether the team will do good in APRIL rather then in SEPTEMBER.

Baaa! Baaa! Baaa!

ScottXray
04-27-2009, 09:52 AM
The sky will fall and the world will end....
Most people on the Mane won't notice, as they will still be critiquing the
draft choices, and the hiring of McD, while still bemoaning the choice of
Bowlen to let Shanahan go.

Broncos will go 8-8 in 09, miss the playoffs by one game....however they will
actually finish the year stronger, surging from 4-7 after 11 games.

Rohirrim
Rey Maualuga will get arrested in his first year in CIN and Finish off Marvin Lewis Career thankfully to CIN fans ;D

Chris Wells gets injured in TC, drinks too much Grey goose, ostricizes his teammates, and gets cut before the first game. Wait, that's another overrated OSU RB. What's his name Again ??? ;D

LOL

tsiguy96
Baaa! Baaa! Baaa!

ok you win. lets all make our predictions now, while they mean a whole lot.

Mediator12
04-27-2009, 09:53 AM
ok you win. lets all make our predictions now, while they mean a whole lot.

When do predictions EVER mean anything ??? Just thought I would ask ROFL!

~Crash~
04-27-2009, 09:54 AM
That Rivers thinks the Broncos are still pussy's

BigPlayShay
04-27-2009, 09:57 AM
* Orton will have a better TD to INT ratio than Cutler.
* Eddie Royal will make the Pro Bowl, Marshall will not.
* Special Teams will have 4 TDs (returns, blocked punt).
* We will sweep the Chargers.
* We will have a better record than the Chiefs.

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2009, 09:58 AM
Knowshon will be huge in this new offense, as will Hillis. The two of them will be a great combo. This new offense will be efficient under Orton/Simms and will be better in the redzone than the Shanny/Cutler offense.

Broncos defense will be better simply because it can't be any worse. Nolan will provide coaching and they guys will know their assigments and if they execute properly, I see this team's defense ranked somewhere in the high teens. Third down efficiency and getting off the field on 3rd down will be much improved.

Overall, I see this team being around 8-8 again this coming season. If they gell towards the end of the year, and they are healthy, I can see them competing for the division.

But then again, I also guaranteed the Broncos would make the playoffs last year, and that they'd win one of the last 3 games to get to the playoffs.

Boy, was I wrong.

BMarsh615
04-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Moreno will have more than 1,500 total yards and more than 12 total touchdowns. Will be the offensive rookie of the year.

cousinal11
04-27-2009, 10:04 AM
The Broncos will be greatly improved on special teams.

socalorado
04-27-2009, 10:04 AM
I put this on another thread yesterday.

BOLDEST PREDICTION OF THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOM "BRADYSTARTER" BRANDSTATER will have a better pro career than
Mattew "dont call me matt" Stafford.

Rohirrim
04-27-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm also on the Moreno for OROY train. ;D

Ambiguous
04-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Knowshon will be huge in this new offense, as will Hillis. The two of them will be a great combo. This new offense will be efficient under Orton/Simms and will be better in the redzone than the Shanny/Cutler offense.

Broncos defense will be better simply because it can't be any worse. Nolan will provide coaching and they guys will know their assigments and if they execute properly, I see this team's defense ranked somewhere in the high teens. Third down efficiency and getting off the field on 3rd down will be much improved.

Overall, I see this team being around 8-8 again this coming season. If they gell towards the end of the year, and they are healthy, I can see them competing for the division.

But then again, I also guaranteed the Broncos would make the playoffs last year, and that they'd win one of the last 3 games to get to the playoffs.

Boy, was I wrong.

You weren't that wrong - I don't think anybody saw SD winning and us dropping the last 3 weeks.

DrFate
04-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Orton will have a better TD to INT ratio than Cutler.

For months I've been told that passing stats are meaningless.

Special Teams will have 4 TDs (returns, blocked punt).

No chance

We will sweep the Chargers.

Less than no chance

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2009, 10:12 AM
DrFate needs to put up or shut up.

Bronx33
04-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Knowshon 1500 yards if he gets the play time i heard him and ayers on 103.5 the fox this morning and i was truely impressed with both of these youngsters attitudes about this upcoming season.

Play2win
04-27-2009, 10:16 AM
The Broncos will start off slow, but Finish STRONG... instead of starting on quick, and fading down the stretch...

Drek
04-27-2009, 10:17 AM
My predictions:

In five years the '09 draft class will be viewed as a massive failure. The Broncos will be one of the few teams to produce any elite players from it with two of the three first selections becoming near pro-bowl level contributors or better.

The Broncos win the AFC West next year after going 5-1 in the division, and splitting the schedule against the NFC East.

Kyle Orton is a top 10 QB next season. The offense is in the top 10 in both yardage and points.

The Broncos defense climbs out of the cellar and finishes in a respectable 15-20 range in both yardage and points allowed. Top ten defense in turnover production.

outdoor_miner
04-27-2009, 10:18 AM

You realize that many people's problem is not with having an opinion, but rather with being a total asshole about said opinion? That's cool you believe Maualuga will be great. Maybe you're right. Maybe you're wrong. However, if you start calling the FO all sorts of nasty names because they disagree with your opinion, then you're setting yourself up to be attacked (not saying you're doing that in this post - just what I thought the intent behind digging up old threads to be)

My prediction: The Broncos offense will be top 5 in the league in scoring (where it counts), driven in large part by a devastating running game behind one of the best offensive lines in football. People are forgetting how good our o-line was last year, and they're going to have another year developing as a unit behind the exact same o-line coach.

Bronx33
04-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Orton will post the best numbers of his career with a fully stocked receiving corps.

DrFate
04-27-2009, 10:27 AM
DrFate needs to put up or shut up.

Certainly :~ohyah!:

*The Broncos win 4-6 games next year
*The WRs (who I like) each put up less numbers (catches,yards,TDs) than they did in 08
*The number of QB sacks against double (or more)
*Trading the 2010 #1 looks like a bigger bungle in 365 days than it does now (and it looks like a big bungle now)

Your turn :)

Kaylore
04-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Rey Mauauluga will be out of football in three years showing everyone why the only team that took him is the team that takes stupid football players.
Knowshon will make people fall in love with the Broncos all over again this year.
Alphonso Smith will single-handedly win one game for us on a big play in a game he starts this season.
Quinn will surprise many people with how good his hands are. Fans will appreciate how he will play more physically than Scheffler ever did.
McKinley will prove to be a late day steal of this draft, despite being a Spurrier receiver.
The Broncos offensive line will be more physical and nasty than it has been in ten years.
Our special teams unit will go from crappy to top fifteen in just one offseason.
Our offense won't put up as many yards but will score more points than they did last year.
Our defense will surprise people finishing in the low teens.
75% of our rookies will make the team and contribute in a significant way.

HAT
04-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Because of everything that has happened thus far in the offseason.....

Denver offense will be better than last years PPG of 23.1

TOP and FP will be way up

Denver defense will be better than last years OPPG of 28.0

Denver defense will by far exceed last year INT total of 6

Orton will have a better TD/INT ratio than Cutler

Denver (via Chicago) will pick BEFORE Seattle (via Denver) in next years draft

Denver will finish better than 8-8 and win at least one playoff game.

:thumbs:

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Certainly :~ohyah!:

*The Broncos win 4-6 games next year
*The WRs (who I like) each put up less numbers (catches,yards,TDs) than they did in 08
*The number of QB sacks against double (or more)
*Trading the 2010 #1 looks like a bigger bungle in 365 days than it does now (and it looks like a big bungle now)

Your turn :)

I've already posted my predictions. :yayaya:

TheReverend
04-27-2009, 10:45 AM

Now you're just poking me.

broncofan2438
04-27-2009, 10:59 AM
Predictions:

Broncos go 10-6
Orton is top 10 QB next year
Moreno has a 2k yard season
Royal makes Pro Bowl
Ayers turns out to be like Justin Tuck
We sweep the Chuggers
Scheffler will be the best in the redzone

Finger Roll
04-27-2009, 11:01 AM
I predict that a bunch of the members on this board will be Bears fans in September and will no longer root for the Broncos.

The Defense will be much better because they have a great running game to keep the D fresh and Ayers will be a force against the outside run that's been haunting us since for years.

The offense will score around 400 points this year

We will win 9 games this years

Brandstater will be as good as Cassell in 2-3 years.

Richard Quinn Will help us out alot in the Redzone and short yardage situations.

Cutler will suck this year playing behind a crappy offense.

BroncoMan4ever
04-27-2009, 11:04 AM
I predict this draft will make McD a fan favorite to rival Shanahan. I think we will have hit on most of the picks especially 1, 1, 2, 2. and the QB and WR

i am feeling that way too.

even though we didn't go after a lot of front 7 guys, i am glad he didn't reach on guys simly because they played a position of need. he brought in the BPA at every pick. and i like Bradstrater, throws a good ball, decent arm strength, somewhat mobile, can throw ok on the run. he's just raw, and if McDaniels is as good as advertised with the QBs, this guy can be competing for the starting job in 2010.

all in all, i am happy with this draft, especially getting Baker, and Pedelexeu(sp?) in FA. those guys should have gone in the middle rounds of the draft, and had we spent mid round picks on them, not nearly as many people would be bitching about the draft.

rugbythug
04-27-2009, 11:12 AM
*Dumerville 15+ sacks borderline pro-bowler

*Carlton Powell starting Nose Tackle-Good if not great player

*Top 10 Offense With Top 10 Scoring

*Tim Crowder is Productive/Moss is not

*Middle of the Road Defense

*Better Record than 8-8

*Special Teams are Significantly Better-coming through for 2 wins.

TheDave
04-27-2009, 11:13 AM
Knowshon will be special... Face of the franchise, best back in the league special.

After that who cares about the rest of them... ;D

Mediator12
04-27-2009, 11:26 AM
Now you're just poking me.

:poke:

WTH am I supposed to do in a prediction thread? You know how much I predict. These are just as good as anything else. Plus, I do get to poke at you ;D

BTW, is there a WORSE place for Maualuga to have ended up? That locker room, with that DL, on that defense, and that coach!

Rohirrim
04-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Oh yeah, the surprise player of the Broncos franchise this season?

Ta da! (trumpets)

The Mighty Matt McChesney!

TheReverend
04-27-2009, 11:43 AM
:poke:

WTH am I supposed to do in a prediction thread? You know how much I predict. These are just as good as anything else. Plus, I do get to poke at you ;D

BTW, is there a WORSE place for Maualuga to have ended up? That locker room, with that DL, on that defense, and that coach!

You already got my message on that. Chips are definitely stacked against him there... It'll be fun to play him though... maybe he'll do us a favor and put Kyle Orton out of the league.

Mediator12
04-27-2009, 11:49 AM
You already got my message on that. Chips are definitely stacked against him there... It'll be fun to play him though... maybe he'll do us a favor and put Kyle Orton out of the league.

Nah, more likely to whiff on Moreno on PA and let him get to the house :strong:

eddie mac
04-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Half the posters on this board **** off to a Bears forum when their personal love triangle is reconnected as Shanahan takes over as the Bears HC midway through the season when they are 1-7. They finish 1-15 and we get the 1st pick in the 2010 draft and select another RB.

Bronco fans find out what 5-tech really means after Powell breaks a new NFL record with minus rushing yards against for the entire season whilst defending from the NT position.

The Fire Josh McDaniels website gets no hits the day after Denver beat the Patriots 31-0.

Urlacher asks to be traded to the Broncos cos he misses his pal Orton after the Bears sit 0-4 and the Broncos 4-0. McDaniels says no thanks because he doesn't fit a 3-4 defense. OM goes down after the 300th What the **** are you thinking McDumbass thread gets posted.

Bears players throw Cutler in a pool. This time they do the wise thing and hold him under.

TheReverend
04-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Nah, more likely to whiff on Moreno on PA and let him get to the house :strong:

Hilarious!

Kyle Orton's PA is definitely going to fool people........

SoDak Bronco
04-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Denver will have the Defensive Rookie of the year in Robert Ayers and the Offensive Rookie of the year in Knowshon Moreno..

no-pseudo-fan
04-27-2009, 12:03 PM
* Defenses will bite on Play-Action Pass
* Moreno 12+ TD's
* Smith 2 TD's
* Red Zone TD's go way up
* Turnover Diff in the Black

Mediator12
04-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Hilarious!

Kyle Orton's PA is definitely going to fool people........

Your assuming Rey can cover the flats against Moreno and play the inside run? Wow!

Paladin
04-27-2009, 12:15 PM
It may all be BS, but a fun read.....

bronco_diesel
04-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Good thread.

My bold and possibly not so good predictions:

- Eddie Royal will break the single day yards per scrimmage record, this year

- Chris Simms will beat out Orton for the starting QB

- Knowshon will win ROY, along with the best name in sports award.

- Jarvis Moss will be a legit contributer this year

baja
04-27-2009, 02:03 PM

This is jut to have a little fun. Go ahead and make a prediction you think has a good chance of happening and I promise no one will give you a spanking.