PDA

View Full Version : SI's Peter King NFL Draft Analysis

titan
04-27-2009, 07:53 AM
"I got the feeling Denver was a kid who got $25 from Granny for his birthday, ran out of the house and said, "I better spend this before the old lady tells me to put some in the bank..'' ... Talked to Josh McDaniels, who was clear that "we felt like we had three first-round picks, not two.'' What he meant was taking a 5-9 cornerback Alphonso Smith at number 37 and dealing next year's first-round pick to get it. Randy Cross has told me a few times what a special player Smith might be. We'll see; Denver had him graded the best corner on the board ... What will always shadow McDaniels, of course, is using the first of two first-round picks on a running back with crying needs across the board on defense. "I've learned the hard way that running backs are hard to come by,'' said McDaniels, "and we thought he was the best one.'' I know this: Robert Ayers, a one-year starting end at Tennessee, had better be able to rush the passer ... I also know this: I do not like a team trading draft picks one year out very often, and this team traded two of next year's stash."

Read the whole article here:

http://tinyurl.com/d8xpo5

Also he writes the Jets were unwilling to give next year's #1 in the deal for Sanchez.

broncofan7
04-27-2009, 08:00 AM
I hope that Randy Cross is right..........otherwise..........

cousinal11
04-27-2009, 08:02 AM
So, who is this Tom Brandstater?

6th round pick...and you can just about spell Tom Brady's name with his.

eddie mac
04-27-2009, 08:11 AM
That ****er King cant count either.

Least picks in 2010 = Denver with 5.

Wrong we still have 7, 1 in every round, with the Bears 1st and Cowboys 5th.

chickennob2
04-27-2009, 08:40 AM
So, who is this Tom Brandstater?

6th round pick...and you can just about spell Tom Brady's name with his.

I like the nickname someone gave him in another thread: "Tom Bradystarter". The McDaniels QB starter kit.

supermanhr9
04-27-2009, 09:00 AM
alphonso smith better be a min cahmp otherwise I'll never forgive the team for passing on Rey Rey,,,, Now i gotta go change my avatar,,, good bye everyone.

RMT
04-27-2009, 09:16 AM
alphonso smith better be a min cahmp otherwise I'll never forgive the team for passing on Rey Rey,,,, Now i gotta go change my avatar,,, good bye everyone.

Rey Rey was overrated and has character issues ... that's why he fell to the 2nd round ... grabbing him at #18 or even trading down in the 1st round to take him would have been a stretch.

cousinal11
04-27-2009, 09:42 AM

Don't feel I've been around long enough to start a prediction thread, but if I did, I woud predict you guys love some Alphonso Smith before next season is over.

Kid can play.:strong: