PDA

View Full Version : Caption This: Richard Quinn

BigPlayShay
04-26-2009, 05:03 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Galleries/2009/PicksArrive/quinn3_elb_090426.jpg

Borks147
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
And I thought I was going to be a 7th rounder!

SoCalBronco
04-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Oh ****. I really got drafted. And high, too. This even blew my agent away. ****ing awesome. Now I don't have to work at McDonalds or play in Canada.

TheDave
04-26-2009, 05:06 PM
2 3rd rounders for my ass... Really?

barryr
04-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Wow, "fans" are already hating me before I've even played a game. I wish I had been drafted by someone else since I don't want to be drug into this childish hating by some fans on the coach no matter what he does.

uplink
04-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Would have got an agent if I only knew I'd be drafted

OABB
04-26-2009, 05:15 PM
"wow, those pictures of mcd being fisted by Cassel sure came in handy"

uplink
04-26-2009, 05:16 PM
Mom always said those pictures would come in handy one day

Br0nc0Buster
04-26-2009, 05:16 PM
"Holy **** I actually got drafted, so this is what it feels like for someone to think I have talent"

BroncoDoug
04-26-2009, 05:17 PM
"wow, those pictures of mcd being fisted by Cassel sure came in handy"

:spit:

Borks147
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Wow, "fans" are already hating me before I've even played a game. I wish I had been drafted by someone else since I don't want to be drug into this childish hating by some fans on the coach no matter what he does.

LOL. My take on the Quinn pick: there is no doubt it was a reach, but if McD thinks that this particular player will help the team in a unique way and he didn't think he could get him with one of our thirds, then so be it. I think this is the only way to stay sane....

Popps
04-26-2009, 05:42 PM
2 3rd rounders for my ass... Really?

Incorrect.

We received a 2nd and a 4th rounder for two 3rds.

Not all that shocking

TheDave
04-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Incorrect.

We received a 2nd and a 4th rounder for two 3rds.

Not all that shocking

Yeah but my version was funnier...;D

It was a reach popps... Hell the 1st and last pick's of the 2nd round spoiled a fairly good draft.

Though nothing compares to the 2010 1st for Smith... eh.

Popps
04-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Yeah but my version was funnier...;D

It was a reach popps... Hell the 1st and last pick's of the 2nd round spoiled a fairly good draft.

Though nothing compares to the 2010 1st for Smith... eh.

Again, a good portion of this board, including myself hated the Eddie Royal pick. Not so much because of the player, but because of where we took him and other needs we had.

That's almost identical to the Smith situation this year.

As for Quinn, he's basically a third round pick. He's the best blocking TE in the draft and apparently came on as of late with regards to his hands.

Again, you need to re-read the article I posted on the Pat's championship game and how they went to a 3 TE set most of the game. They use it regularly.

This is a CRUCIAL position in our new offense. Spending a mid-round pick on a crucial position to select the best player at that position available is hardly a reach.

I'll guarantee you this. If this pick would have been a LB from a small school with good sack numbers, the board would have been drooling over the pick. Why? Because it's a more exciting pick. No one would be talking about it being a "reach." It would be thought of as a potential steal.

The Quinn pick just isn't sexy... but it's going to pay dividends if he lives up to his billing. These are the little differences between champions and mediocre teams.

TheDave
04-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Again, a good portion of this board, including myself hated the Eddie Royal pick. Not so much because of the player, but because of where we took him and other needs we had.

As for Quinn, he's basically a third round pick. He's the best blocking TE in the draft and apparently came on as of late with regards to his hands.

Again, you need to re-read the article I posted on the Pat's championship game and how they went to a 3 TE set most of the game. They use it regularly.

This is a CRUCIAL position in our new offense. Spending a mid-round pick on a crucial position to select the best player at that position available is hardly a reach.

I'll guarantee you this. If this pick would have been a LB from a small school with good sack numbers, the board would have been drooling over the pick. Why? Because it's a more exciting pick. No one would be talking about it being a "reach." It would be thought of as a potential steal.

The Quinn pick just isn't sexy... but it's going to pay dividends if he lives up to his billing. These are the little differences between champions and mediocre teams.

Listen we gave up a bit of value for Quinn... I'm not nearly as unhappy with the player as i am with the tactics. I'd bet my life a little patience would of allowed us to get quinnn and another player in the 3rd.

As for the Royal v. Smith comparison... What?

We traded a #10 - #15 pick in a draft expected to be loaded with talent for a #37 pick in a draft that was talked abou as being very weak. Again I'm not upset with the player just the tactic used to get him... and if this blows our chance to get a difference maker at QB or Dline next year McDaniels might have just cut his own throat. I don't understand how it has any similiarities to Royal.

Again I have nothing against the players chosen... Just the willingness to over pay for talent that easily could fall to you.

Memento
04-26-2009, 06:16 PM
"Catch number 13... my skull."

chaz
04-26-2009, 06:47 PM

Sorry Popps, but Quinn is known as a blocking TE with 12 CAREER receptions. What exactly was he billed as that compares him to Eddie Royal or a LB with great numbers?