PDA

View Full Version : Gentlemen, I implore you to remain calm

Pat Bowlen
04-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Look, I know this wasn't what you had planned, but I'm asking you to have a little faith. My weekend didn't go so well either; I lost four million dollars playing darts. The point is that Moreno is a known quantity and Robert is going to make everyone forget Jarvis. Alphonso is like an uncut stone waiting to sparkle and the rest of the people we drafted are going to be really, really good. I promise.

Josh, Brian and I watched extensive gametape of every player and I feel confident that we picked up some great kids. Take into consideration that I was seeing double the whole time and that's four good eyes on the player.

Long story short I just need you all to remain calm and keep rooting for the Broncos. The wins will come.

Bronx33
04-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Finally the voice of reason.

Man-Goblin
04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Good enough for me!

Broncojef
04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Look, I know this wasn't what you had planned, but I'm asking you to have a little faith. My weekend didn't go so well either; I lost four million dollars playing darts. The point is that Moreno is a known quantity and Robert is going to make everyone forget Jarvis. Alphonso is like an uncut stone waiting to sparkle and the rest of the people we drafted are going to be really, really good. I promise.

Josh, Brian and I watched extensive gametape of every player and I feel confident that we picked up some great kids. Take into consideration that I was seeing double the whole time and that's four good eyes on the player.

Long story short I just need you all to remain calm and keep rooting for the Broncos. The wins will come.

We all trust you Pat, thanks for the effort...sorry I got rid of my season tickets this year.

RhymesayersDU
04-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Great thread.

Bronco Rob
04-26-2009, 03:32 PM

:afro:

Bronx33
04-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Great thread.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80111

RhymesayersDU
04-26-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80111

Another great thread.

Hulamau
04-26-2009, 03:43 PM

Thanks Pat, you want that shaken or stirred !

SouthStndJunkie
04-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Chris Mortensen's best pick of the draft....Jay Cutler.

Kaylore
04-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm going to wait and see how the season and these picks go before I declare this draft a disaster or a success. But I guess that makes me a kool-aid drinker!ROFL!

BABronco
04-26-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm going to wait and see how the season and these picks go before I declare this draft a disaster or a success. But I guess that makes me a kool-aid drinker!ROFL!

I only have 2 big problems with the draft. First was taking a RB so early. Sure it was a need .. but we have much bigger needs. And I absolutely hate that we wasted one of our #1's next year. I'm going to give the draft some time to pan out but I despise those two moves.

eddie mac
04-26-2009, 04:03 PM

So that's why you dealt next years 1st rounder.

You need some serious help Pat.

Meck77
04-26-2009, 04:05 PM
I have little doubt that some of these assumed to be Broncos fans around here are really chief, raider, or charger fans getting the best of some of you with their BS.

Kaylore and crew I hope to see you guys at training camp in the near future. Maybe we'll see some desire on the field instead of bunch of dancing and farting around at shannyland.

*reaches over for nacho and beer* *burp*

Go Broncos....

SoCalBronco
04-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Look, I know this wasn't what you had planned, but I'm asking you to have a little faith. .

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/19/2009/01/13/175x131/mcdaniels7.jpg

You're doin a heck of a job, Brownie.

broncos-rock
04-26-2009, 04:24 PM
seriously 10 players taken and only 3 defensive players taken, are they on crack over at dove valley?

DarkHorse
04-26-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm really not sure what everyone expected out of a weak draft class.

No idea what our offensive scheme is going to look like, no idea what the defense is going to look like so....

Dexter
04-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Posting in an epic thread.

Paladin
04-26-2009, 04:33 PM
I.m on. Maybe there is a trade or two out there that will net a D player? Maybe Holliday as a stopgap?

I think the O is gonna be better, and the D is gonna improve from better coaching and a couple of new people.

On the Jay Quiter mouth-off by Mortenson, Kipper said that that remark was disqualified. I believe it should be, too. The incident is over, move on......

cmhargrove
04-26-2009, 04:33 PM
It's a little freaky. This thread almost seems..... real.

Meck77
04-26-2009, 04:35 PM
Pat have another drink! It will help your hangover!:thumbsup:

How is the wife doing these days?

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/19/2009/01/13/175x131/mcdaniels7.jpg

You're doin a heck of a job, Brownie.

HAHA--major REP--I cannot wait to see, two years from now when this MCD nightmare is over, all of these people who are justifying MCD's failures in the name of 'change', come back and look at some of their comments --They should just remember--Broncofan7 told you so.

1) YOU DON'T TRADE FRANCHISE QB'S ENTERING THEIR 3RD FULL SEASON AS A STARTER!!

2) YOU DON'T TRADE NEXT YEAR'S PROBABLE TOP 10 1ST ROUND DRAFT CHOICE FOR A 2ND ROUNDER IN THE CURRENT YEAR!!!!!!

I AM SURE THAT HE WILL FIND SOME OTHER WAY TO ADD TO HIS SOON TO BE WORSE THAN RICH KOTITE-LIKE LEGACY........

Meck77
04-26-2009, 04:45 PM
HAHA--major REP--I cannot wait to see, two years from now when this MCD nightmare is over, all of these people who are justifying MCD's failures in the name of 'change', come back and look at some of their comments --They should just remember--Broncofan7 told you so.

I fully appreciate the right to an opinion but I have a question for a guy like you.

When you are watching Broncos football over the next couple years will you actually be rooting for McD and the Broncos to fail?

Better yet would you even bother coming to a Bronco game or do you just plan on waiting a few years until he might be gone.

Also what do you do if somewhere along the way the Broncos actually make the playoffs?

Just curious as I really just don't understand Broncos fans hoping to see individuals within the team to fail.

Oh and lastly how do you define failure? Does 1 playoff win in 10 years define success to you?

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 04:57 PM
I fully appreciate the right to an opinion but I have a question for a guy like you.

When you are watching Broncos football over the next couple years will you actually be rooting for McD and the Broncos to fail?

Better yet would you even bother coming to a Bronco game or do you just plan on waiting a few years until he might be gone.

Also what do you do if somewhere along the way the Broncos actually make the playoffs?

Just curious as I really just don't understand Broncos fans hoping to see individuals within the team to fail.

Oh and lastly how do you define failure? Does 1 playoff win in 10 years define success to you?

Failure has been defined by my edited post. I wanted Spagnuolo in here...... a DEFENSIVE COACH to fix what was ailing us. Too bad eminent domain cannot be applied to some people's Orangemane accounts......stay in step with the rest of the orange-lensed swine.......I was one of the few who knew it was time for Shanny to be gone--go see Taco's Epic failure thread from not a few days before Shanny was axed.......now I am one of the few who see the complete incompetence that was brought in here......but you go ahead--come week 6 of this upcoming season, you can declare me YOUR online OM leader. DOLT.

Gcver2ver3
04-26-2009, 04:59 PM
seriously 10 players taken and only 3 defensive players taken?

Meck77
04-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Failure has been defined by my edited post. I wanted Spagnuolo in here...... a DEFENSIVE COACH to fix what was ailing us. Too bad eminent domain cannot be applied to some people's Orangemane accounts......stay in step with the rest of the orange-lensed swine.......I was one of the few who knew it was time for Shanny to be gone--go see Taco's Epic failure thread from not a few days before Shanny was axed.......now I am one of the few who see the complete incompetence that was brought in here......but you go ahead--come week 6 of this upcoming season, you can declare me YOUR online OM leader. DOLT.

I agree it was time for shanny to go. At least you have the cowboys or texans in your back yard. YEEE HAWWWW!

Bottom line is you can't make chicken soup out of chicken shiat. That is what Shanny left McD. Cutler's sorry ass attitude and partying included.

Kaylore
04-26-2009, 05:11 PM
come back and look at some of their comments --They should just remember--Broncofan7 told you so.

Oh we will. :welcome:

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Oh we will. :welcome:

6-7 wins this year-----I'll give anyone who wants to wager $25 for each win over 7 and you guys can give me $25 for each win under 6 total victories.....Are we on?

Bronx33
04-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Wtf?

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Wtf?

T-H-E B-R-O-N-C-O-S W-I-L-L N-O-T W-I-N M-O-R-E T-H-A-N S-I-X O-R S-E-V-E-N G-A-M-E-S. There, I spelled it out for you.

Meck77
04-26-2009, 05:26 PM
6-7 wins this year-----I'll give anyone who wants to wager $25 for each win over 7 and you guys can give me $25 for each win under 6 total victories.....Are we on?

Deal. Enjoy sitting on your couch hoping for the Broncos to lose each week.

You might want to change your handle now. You are officially rooting for anyone playing the Broncos all season long. Ha!

mhgaffney
04-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Dear Pat Bowlen,

Thanks for posting the thread! I'm sure all of us fans appreciate it.

By now we know -- this draft class was weak in defensive linemen. I understand the logic of picking BPA. In fact, I support it.

Nor am I going to second guess the draft picks. I like most of them -- including Moreno at #12. I'm sure we improved on both sides of the ball.

Nonetheless, we still have a problem.

Here is a list of DL/DTs currently on the Bronco roster -- starting with the most senior players. As you can see, they are mostly scrubs. I did not include Crowder -- nor did I include Moss, who (assuming he makes the team) will play OLB.

Carlton Powell looks like a player -- but still is a rookie.

It's pretty obvious we need to acquire several wide bodies -- between now and next September -- guys who can play.

I'm sure you already know this.

Go Broncos!

Kenny Peterson
Marcus Thomas
Ron Fields 9 starts
Darrel Reid 2 starts
Carlton Powell no starts
Matthias Askew no starts
Nic Clemens no starts
J'vonne Parker no starts
Ryan McBean (DE) no starts

TailgateNut
04-26-2009, 05:34 PM

You might want to change your handle now. You are officially rooting for anyone playing the Broncos all season long. Ha!

That would be a money maker, but how do we prevent a disappearing act by this chameleon.

Bronx33
04-26-2009, 05:34 PM
T-H-E B-R-O-N-C-O-S W-I-L-L N-O-T W-I-N M-O-R-E T-H-A-N S-I-X O-R S-E-V-E-N G-A-M-E-S. There, I spelled it out for you.

I was just kinda baffled that you can be so negative as too bet people that the bronco lose so my early asessment that you're a douchebag has been confirmed.

Go broncos!

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 05:35 PM

LOL--no private message this time 'un inviting' me to your 'awesome' tailgaters...I am dissappointed...:rofl:

For future reference...I make enough where I would gladly pay anyone $225 if the Broncos were to go 16-0.....

BroncoBuff
04-26-2009, 05:37 PM

I agree 6-7 wins is a reasonable prediction with all these changes ...

But my good man, you don't BET AGAINST the team for any reason!

TailgateNut
04-26-2009, 05:37 PM
I was just kinda baffled that you can be so negative as too bet people that the bronco lose so my early asessment that you're a douchebag has been confirmed.

Go broncos!

Thumbsup on the "douche" comment and a double thumbsup on the "GO BRONCOS".

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 05:39 PM

Go broncos!

Well, it's obvious that your 'ability' to make a personal asessement is rivaled only by your ability to judge our team's outlook for this season.......

Meck77
04-26-2009, 05:40 PM
So for the record the bet is on CowboyFan7? I'm fine with the terms you laid out.

I certainly wouldn't expect to see your ass at a tailgate. Why would a cowboy fan come all the way to Denver?

Bronx33
04-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Well, it's obvious that your 'ability' to make a personal asessement is rivaled only by your ability to judge our team's outlook for this season.......

So what's my outlook then since you seem to know?

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 05:43 PM
I agree 6-7 wins is a reasonable prediction with all these changes ...

But my good man, you don't BET AGAINST the team for any reason!

I just get VERY tired of the homerism on this board--the signs all point to a DISMAL, and I mean DISMAL, season and some on this board fail to acknowledge what some of us already see.

We are like the people who look before crossing the street--the kool-aid drinkers are like the people who skip along aimlessly and then wonder how they wound up in the ER.....

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 05:45 PM
So what's my outlook then since you seem to know?

apparently A LOT MORE ROSEY THAN ANY SANE PERSON would guess......

SoCalBronco
04-26-2009, 05:46 PM

Treatment.

It's a good thing.

OABB
04-26-2009, 05:47 PM
i love draft day!

Douche galore!

your meltdown amuses me to no end.

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 05:47 PM
So for the record the bet is on CowboyFan7? I'm fine with the terms you laid out.

I certainly wouldn't expect to see your ass at a tailgate. Why would a cowboy fan come all the way to Denver?

My postings on this board are all part of my grand plan to show Bowlen that I will be the best candidate to replace MCD in 2011 when he is poop-canned. Bowlen does post on this site after all, right? :wave:

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 05:50 PM
i love draft day!

Douche galore!

your meltdown amuses me to no end.

Wait until week 1 @ CINCY when your stupid A$$ sees what I have been posting about --the one bright spot will be Knowshon--mark it down--he will be the face of our franchise be season's end.....

Bronx33
04-26-2009, 05:50 PM
apparently A LOT MORE ROSEY THAN ANY SANE PERSON would guess......

Though i have yet to even post a W-L prediction this year i will refrain from kicking dogs and being negative every single post ( it just isn't healthy) but your guess is as good as mine ( or is it?)

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 05:54 PM
Though i have yet to even post a W-L prediction this year i will refrain from kicking dogs and being negative every single post ( it just isn't healthy) but your guess is as good as mine ( or is it?)

Given your asessment of me, I'd say that MY GUESS is INFINITELY better than yours.....

Meck77
04-26-2009, 05:55 PM

I've accepted this bet and am waiting for you to confirm it.

Are we on Cowboyfan7 or you want to back out?

I'll gladly pay you every game the Broncos lose under 6 and you have the pleasure of paying me every time the Broncos win over 7.

I can't stop laughing at the thought of this "bronco fan" wearing his Elway jersey hoping for the Broncos to lose...Hilarious!

Bronx33
04-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Given your asessment of me, I'd say that MY GUESS is INFINITELY better than yours.....

Hummmmmm...

Originally Posted by broncofan7

This has douchbag written all over it ( iam i wrong?) Hilarious!

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 05:57 PM

I love our 1st round.......the rest--it's mind boggling.......

loborugger
04-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Dear Mr Bowlen,

Times are tough. Fans are disappointed. Season ticket holders are leaving. So, since we are tight and all, friends for years on the OM, can you hook me up with cherry season tickets at a cut rate price.

Thanking you in advance.

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I've accepted this bet and am waiting for you to confirm it.

Are we on Cowboyfan7 or you want to back out?

I'll gladly pay you every game the Broncos lose under 6 and you have the pleasure of paying me every time the Broncos win over 7.

I can't stop laughing at the thought of this "bronco fan" wearing his Elway jersey hoping for the Broncos to lose...Hilarious!

apparently you missed the part where I wrote :

For future reference...I make enough where I would gladly pay anyone $225 if the Broncos were to go 16-0.....

Then again, you are missing all of the obvious signs from this off season which point to our demise in the Fall, so it really doesn't surprise me that you fail to realize that I would GLADLY pay you if the Broncos suceed. Never the less, I will take the $$ you give me and give it right back to Taco for his annual pledge drive......

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Dear Mr Bowlen,

Times are tough. Fans are disappointed. Season ticket holders are leaving. So, since we are tight and all, friends for years on the OM, can you hook me up with cherry season tickets at a cut rate price.

Thanking you in advance.

LOL

OABB
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM

Then again, you are missing all of the obvious signs from this off season which point to our demise in the Fall, so it really doesn't surprise me that you fail to realize that I would GLADLY pay you if the Broncos suceed. Never the less, I will take the $$ you give me and give it right back to Taco for his annual pledge drive......

I'll bet you 250 dollars that you won't leave the mane forever.

Meck77
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM

Ok we're on. Get ready to dig into your pocket book if you want to donate to the mane.

You coming to town? We should sit next to one another in the south stands. I'm sure the south standers would get a kick out of a Bronco fan rooting for the opponent to win.

Broncos4tw
04-26-2009, 06:09 PM
I don't sweat the draft an awful lot. Many who were supposed to be great end up duds, and many who were drafted in the 5th round end up as HoFers. So.. there is no telling. Just wish we'd have done more with our D, especially the Dline.

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 06:23 PM
Ok we're on. Get ready to dig into your pocket book if you want to donate to the mane.

You coming to town? We should sit next to one another in the south stands. I'm sure the south standers would get a kick out of a Bronco fan rooting for the opponent to win.

MY god, you REALLY are S-L-O-W. Please ask your physician about the Vanderbilt Assessment Scale---

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 06:25 PM
I'll bet you 250 dollars that you won't leave the mane forever.

HAHA.. What a tool. You had to edit your post--Initially, you probably wrote, 'I'll bet you $250 that you will leave the mane forever'.

OABB
04-26-2009, 06:30 PM
HAHA.. What a tool. You had to edit your post--Initially, you probably wrote, 'I'll bet you $250 that you will leave the mane forever'.

nope. I bet you you wouldn't kill yourself, but than I thought that was a tad harsh...

however, at this rate, it doesn't sound so bad...

I'll bet you 1,000 dollars you won't kill yourself tonight.

whaddya say?

TailgateNut
04-26-2009, 08:00 PM

Is he related to Lex. He was hoping for losses last season. Just so we could move up in the draft.:rofl:

TailgateNut
04-26-2009, 08:02 PM
nope. I bet you you wouldn't kill yourself, but than I thought that was a tad harsh...

however, at this rate, it doesn't sound so bad...

I'll bet you 1,000 dollars you won't kill yourself tonight.

whaddya say?

Don't temp him! I'm sure he's "done some doozies" to show he's always right.

DHallblows
04-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Hummmmmm...

This has douchbag written all over it ( iam i wrong?) Hilarious!

Basically everything he writes/does has douchebag written all over it:

Atlas
04-26-2009, 11:16 PM
We all trust you Pat, thanks for the effort...sorry I got rid of my season tickets this year.

Hilarious!

lazarus4444
04-27-2009, 12:03 AM
This message is hidden because broncofan7 is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=editlist).

Ahhhhhh, finally.

broncofan7
04-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Basically everything he writes/does has douchebag written all over it:

Douchebag must be synonymous with 'My HERO' for you.......get in line son.

Meck77
04-27-2009, 07:23 AM

That's a good move Jef. If I remember correctly you had the over priced club seats to begin with. There is no reason to own those IMO. When you decide to get back on the bandwagon just roll thru the lots and grab yourself a $40.00 seat. :thumbs:

ol number 7
04-27-2009, 07:25 AM

Use his money to pay for beer at the first home playoff game in Denver this year. And yea Broncofan7 drinks out of the urinal

UberBroncoMan
04-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Thanks Pat!

TotallyScrewed
04-27-2009, 07:52 AM

I personally don't HOPE that anyone associated with the Broncos fails and I especially hope that Denver "The Team" prevails on each gameday but I still think that Josh and Pat have made huge, monumental, mistakes and I'll hold them accountable. When Jay leads the Bears to the playoffs and has a great career, I'm going to point it out. If Denver's offense looks bad from the QB position, I'm going to point it out. It's been a bad offseason for me. Don't expect me to just smile quietly to myself.

BroncoInSkinland
04-27-2009, 08:30 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement there Pat. Just to let you know, my faith reserves are emptier than the fifth you sucked down on the first day of the draft. We got some good players I will give you that, unfortunately half of them will look like crap because we STILL don't have a deffensive line. Deffensive football starts up front, and until one of the offensive geniuses you keep hiring figure that out, we will continue to slide into mediocrity or worse. In conclusion, tell Josh to come out from under your desk before you get an STD, and get us some big run stuffing 325 lb+ maulers ASAP.

Kaylore
04-27-2009, 11:00 AM
Bump!

Man-Goblin
04-27-2009, 11:12 AM
In the spirit of this thread, I will now post a picture of Pat Bowlen dressed as a pirate.

http://www.blacktie-colorado.com/premiere_parties/pics/newpic22118bd56f25441fe81119a55e42fda8.jpg.jpg

Done.

bowtown
04-27-2009, 11:16 AM
In the spirit of this thread, I will now post a picture of Pat Bowlen dressed as a pirate.

http://www.blacktie-colorado.com/premiere_parties/pics/newpic22118bd56f25441fe81119a55e42fda8.jpg.jpg

Done.

LOL. He's dressed as Captain Morgan, his favorite mascot.

~Crash~
04-27-2009, 11:22 AM
It's a little freaky. This thread almost seems..... real.

I don't know real but nightmare well I am there...

I got this Idea maybe Pat is more into the idea of buying up distillery then the idea of selling tickets. I have increased my drinking as of late...:wiggle:

Meck77
04-27-2009, 11:44 AM
I personally don't HOPE that anyone associated with the Broncos fails and I especially hope that Denver "The Team" prevails on each gameday but I still think that Josh and Pat have made huge, monumental, mistakes and I'll hold them accountable.

I see you are quite the optimist "Eternally screwed". ;D

The key word in your post is THINK. You think we'll suck. You think we're doomed. Yeah and most Broncos fans in the late 80's thought Elway was a loser. Pat Bowlen put those superbowls together. That is what I THINK.

There are so many variables in football nobody knows who will win each division. Nobody knows how many Tom Brady type injuries could go down by week 5.

We have as good as shot as anybody to sneak into the playoffs next year even though our schedule is a bitch. One thing I do know is our team was ****ing pathetic the last few years and I'm glad we have a coach dropping the hammer on attitudes like Cutler, dumping starters on our team like Dre Freakin Bly the 10 million dollar waste that nobody in the league even wants now.

Shanny did a good job keeping the seats full for pat bowlen the last decade. It was comfortable going 10-6. It kept the Broncos fans happy enough.

I'm glad Pat finally woke up from his high of SB 32 and SB33 and finally realized he had to make some real changes if he wanted to get his franchise back on top.

I understand your frustration Broncos fans but for crying out loud what can you really do about it other than show up in the stands on Sunday and root your Broncos on? Well I suppose you could dump your season tickets, stop going to games, and find another team. From what I'm reading there are plenty of "fans" doing that. Good riddance!

I'm shining the bus up for this season. See some of you around.

peace

TailgateNut
04-27-2009, 12:16 PM
I understand your frustration Broncos fans but for crying out loud what can you really do about it other than show up in the stands on Sunday and root your Broncos on? Well I suppose you could dump your season tickets, stop going to games, and find another team. From what I'm reading there are plenty of "fans" doing that. Good riddance!

I'm shining the bus up for this season. See some of you around.

peace

:thumbsup:

bap454
04-27-2009, 12:16 PM
Posting in an epic thread.

Me too!:strong: