PDA

View Full Version : I think People Are Mis-Remembering Last Year

rugbythug
04-26-2009, 02:08 PM
Our Defense was Terrible last year. No doubt. But please go watch the games again. We were not getting blown off the ball like we had in previous years. Our Interior DL play was better than people seem to think. The one thing that absolutely Destroyed us was. Passes to the TE and back in the flat. I would say judging from our picks in the draft I am not the only one of this opinion. Our defense will be better next year. Drastically better. Dumerville will have a shot at going to the Pro-bowl he could have 15+ sacks.

barryr
04-26-2009, 02:24 PM
The defense has been bad and it wasn't just last season. The biggest problems this defense has had for several years now:

1. Incompetent coaching, from the DC to the position coaches

2. Poor drafting on the defense, a continous pattern

3. No pass rush, NONE, even when blitzing, still can't get pressure on the QB most of the time

4. Lack of communication, still saw even in WEEK 16 players still not knowing even their basic responsibilities, who is covering who and where

5. And they have not created turnovers at all, none, it's been awhile it seems since they have even been in the middle of the pack in creating turnovers, always seem towards the bottom which means losing the turnover battle most games

Mogulseeker
04-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Our Defense was Terrible last year. No doubt. But please go watch the games again. We were not getting blown off the ball like we had in previous years. Our Interior DL play was better than people seem to think. The one thing that absolutely Destroyed us was. Passes to the TE and back in the flat. I would say judging from our picks in the draft I am not the only one of this opinion. Our defense will be better next year. Drastically better. Dumerville will have a shot at going to the Pro-bowl he could have 15+ sacks.

I agree that Dumervil will have a shot at a Pro Bowl at WOLB this year.

cmhargrove
04-26-2009, 02:37 PM

Many, many drives were needlessly extended on third downs. We could sell out on the run for first and second downs, then get killed on third and long. It's been our problem for years.

Usually, that means you need a pass rusher, but we obviuously needed help at safety also.