PDA

View Full Version : Broncos former first-rounder Jarvis Moss may become roster casualty

Bronco Rob
04-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Word out of Denver is OLB Jarvis Moss will need to have an outstanding training camp to make the teamís final roster. Moss struggled as a defensive end in his first two seasons, and it appeared that a move to outside linebacker in the teamís new 3-4 scheme would be beneficial, since his lack of bulk would be less of a hindrance at that spot. We hear he wasnít receiving many reps, however, at Denverís recent minicamp and was basically limited to running with the nickel unit. Moss, a first-round pick of Mike Shanahanís in 2007, could find himself in hot water with the teamís new coaching staff come late August.

:wave:

barryr
04-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Considering he couldn't get on the field much last year with that fiasco of a defense, his chances just aren't good of making the team, much less contributing anything. Looking more and more like yet another failed Shanahan draft bust on the defensive side of the ball.

Vegas_Bronco
04-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Can't keep his feet, poor body control, tought to keep weight on, lanky (almost skinny).....and is now being moved to OLB - yeah, I hate to say it but he needed to be working on this for the past 2 years even to have a shot now.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm confident he'll make the team ... now he can let his weight settle normally, and his quickness might just work at OLB.

SoCalBronco
04-26-2009, 01:13 PM
I dunno. They are very light on 3-4 OLB prospects on the roster. It appears that Doom is set to be the starting WOLB and Ayers the starting SOLB. But where are the backups? They certainly did not draft any. Perhaps Darrell Reid (although he might weigh a bit much). Moss might be able to make it by default since no one else is there. We will see. He sure has been disappointing.

gyldenlove
04-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Considering just how few DLs we have, I think he has a decent shot, he only has to beat out the likes of Jvonne Parker, Darrell Reid and Nic Clemons, not exactly insurmountable odds...

Florida_Bronco
04-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Word out of Denver is OLB Jarvis Moss will need to have an outstanding training camp to make the teamís final roster. Moss struggled as a defensive end in his first two seasons, and it appeared that a move to outside linebacker in the teamís new 3-4 scheme would be beneficial, since his lack of bulk would be less of a hindrance at that spot. We hear he wasnít receiving many reps, however, at Denverís recent minicamp and was basically limited to running with the nickel unit. Moss, a first-round pick of Mike Shanahanís in 2007, could find himself in hot water with the teamís new coaching staff come late August.

What source is this? Also, if Moss was so horrible he would have been shipped out already.

Nolan and his LEGITIMATE defensive position coaches know what they're doing (unlike the morons they replaced) and they see that they have a very gifted player on the roster who was dicked around and uncoached by the previous regime. They'll give him every chance to exceed before cutting the cord.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2009, 01:31 PM
What source is this? Also, if Moss was so horrible he would have been shipped out already.

Nolan and his LEGITIMATE defensive position coaches know what they're doing (unlike the morons they replaced) and they see that they have a very gifted player on the roster who was dicked around and uncoached by the previous regime. They'll give him every chance to exceed before cutting the cord.

Florida Bronco, you should look at some of the trash that's still on our roster... Matt Willis the WR etc. In reality things don't look good for Moss. That said I think they would have traded him for a pick rather than just outright releasing him. I know the Bucs would have taken him with Bates as the DC there.

Bronco Rob
04-26-2009, 01:36 PM
What source is this?

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2009/afc042609.htm

:thanku:

Kaylore
04-26-2009, 01:42 PM
That's too bad. I really thought he could be a good player. I think it's mental for Moss. There's still hope, but I admit, not much left.

SouthStndJunkie
04-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Too bad for stick boy.

ZONA
04-26-2009, 01:48 PM
As far as some of the defensive trash that was on our team that we signed as FA's over the past few years, I'm not as concerned about cutting them as I am about cutting players drafted in the past 2 years. Those guys NEVER had a DC worth a damn trying to show them just how to improve at this level. Moss, Larsen and Thomas all need to at least have a full offseason and training camp with a competent DC like Nolan to at least evaluate if they might have what it takes. I kinda look at it like this rich horse guy purshased some nice race horses but they weren't really winning any races. Some people said the horses were just no good but others questioned why there was a 250 pound jockey riding them. Well the overweight jockies were let go so lets see if some of these horses are not as bad as they were when there was a fat man riding on them.

barryr
04-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Wow. Moss couldn't beat out the guys they had last year, but he's going to do great things now though. If he does, then truly shows just how clueless Slowik was and Shahanan was for not firing him.

bronco militia
04-26-2009, 01:52 PM
consider how little the broncos focused on the front seven this offseason, Moss may win a spot by default.

**** this front office

eddie mac
04-26-2009, 01:52 PM
SoCal Ayers will be SDE IMO, he has the build to bulk up.

Popps
04-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Moss and Crowder are the result of just taking D-linemen because you need them, not because they're the best picks on the board.

Hopefully, we'll get lucky and one of them will pan out.

socalorado
04-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Wheres Engleberger when you need him!?!?!

Popps
04-26-2009, 02:05 PM
Wheres Engleberger when you need him!?!?!

Hilarious!

Did anyone else catch the graphic on EPSN yesterday that listed him as a "key departure?"

Hysterical.

Besides the Raiders pick, that was the funniest moment of the draft party. We all had a good laugh over that one.

socalorado
04-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Hilarious!

Did anyone else catch the graphic on EPSN yesterday that listed him as a "key departure?"

Hysterical.

Besides the Raiders pick, that was the funniest moment of the draft party. We all had a good laugh over that one.

When Englelberger is your "key departure", and Jarvis Moss is the replacement,

Your in trouble.

Hilarious!

Man-Goblin
04-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Hilarious!

Hysterical.

They also stated that Jamie Winborn was 2nd banana regarding the Broncos "LB Depth".

extralife
04-26-2009, 03:25 PM
I thought he just needed a couple of years and then he'd be Simon Fletcher ROFL!

baja
04-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Too bad for stick boy.

I bet he would make a great volleyball player.

BroncoBuff
04-26-2009, 03:41 PM
When Englelberger is your "key departure", and Jarvis Moss is the replacement,

Your in trouble.

Hilarious!

LOL ... that was a scream!

Just as foolish by ESPN was their listing of "Key Defenders": Champ Bailey, DJ Williams, Brian Dawkins, and Jamie Winborn.

Jamie Winborn?! hmmm...

Is he even still on the roster?! I did a thread this week listing every linebacker, "Who You Gonna Cut?", and I didn't even include him :~ohyah!:

BroncoBuff
04-26-2009, 03:43 PM
They also stated that Jamie Winborn was 2nd banana regarding the Broncos "LB Depth".

Sorry ... yeah. "Key Defenders" LOL