04-26-2009, 09:44 AM
disgusting. i hate the patriots.

Wes Mantooth
04-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Lol. We did worse than the opposite.

SoCalBronco
04-26-2009, 09:46 AM
That's how its done.

I wish Josh learned more from his mentor.

Instead he's playing in the sandbox.

Man-Goblin
04-26-2009, 09:47 AM
To be fair, it does show that everyone's favorite drafting machine doesn't like any players in the 3rd, either.

Denver724
04-26-2009, 09:49 AM
We will be able to do this in a few years. Unfortunately, the "Mastermind" has a roster that does not pass muster with our new coach. I have faith that we will be in good shape after a few drafts.

montrose
04-26-2009, 09:50 AM
That's how its done.

I wish Josh learned more from his mentor.

Instead he's playing in the sandbox.

Think of this way, if he's blown the draft as much as you think, he's that much closer to being canned! :)

Meck77
04-26-2009, 09:52 AM
It's much easier to trade away for future picks when your team doesn't suck. Fellas this team sucked the last 3 years running Cutler or not.

McD knows the heat is already on him. From his personal perspective it makes sense to mortgage the future a bit in hopes of getting this team in the playoffs this year. Do I agree with trading the first. Hell no but only time will tell if it was the right move.

What amazes me is people who are already writing off this team in April. Ha!

SoCalBronco
04-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Think of this way, if he's blown the draft as much as you think, he's that much closer to being canned! :)

That's true. Montrose always has a way of putting a smile on my face. :)

Actually, as I noted in my thoughts on the draft, I liked Moreno purely in the abstract (and am excited to see him in the same backfield with Hillis), just not at that spot with all of our other pressing needs and I had no problem with Ayers, it was just the real failure to address 3-4 DL spots and the reckless disregard of the value of draft picks that was the real problem.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-26-2009, 09:54 AM

Pat is too broke (relative to other owners) to pay McDaniels, Shanahan, and HC #3. People need to face reality, Josh isn't going anywhere for a few seasons.

Meck77
04-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Pat is too broke (relative to other owners) to pay McDaniels, Shanahan, and HC #3. People need to face reality, Josh isn't going anywhere for a few seasons.

Do you have access to pats tax returns? I'm curious how you know this.

Besides some of the "richest" people in America have gone broke over the last year.

SoCalBronco
04-26-2009, 09:56 AM

Herc...what happened to him financially? Was it something that happened to his oil business or what? It seems Pat is almost totally concerned with financial issues now and he used to be totally the opposite.

Broncoman13
04-26-2009, 09:59 AM
RTD got him too???

Hercules Rockefeller
04-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Herc...what happened to him financially? Was it something that happened to his oil business or what? It seems Pat is almost totally concerned with financial issues now and he used to be totally the opposite.

I think he's one of the few owners that doesn't have substantial business interests outside of the team he owns, or is so loaded that a few million dollars are a drop in the bucket compared to his personal net worth. He's tightening his belt like everyone else is in this economy, but when he does it, it means he's spending less on a professional sports team rather than someone like us not going out for dinner as much anymore.

and that's really just a guess based on what we've all seen recently, but I don't think it's that far from the truth.

Man-Goblin
04-26-2009, 10:13 AM
The Broncos committed over $110 million in contracts over the summer, and over $40 million of that is guaranteed. They also have to sign two 1st round picks and three 2nd round picks, and he's paying two head coaches and staffs. I would bet the Broncos have more cash flowing out this year than any team not named the Redskins (or teams putting up stadiums).

So if your idea of tightening your belt is to spend more money than all but one franchise, more power to you.

521 1N5
04-26-2009, 10:18 AM
It's much easier to trade away for future picks when your team doesn't suck. Fellas this team sucked the last 3 years running Cutler or not.

McD knows the heat is already on him. From his personal perspective it makes sense to mortgage the future a bit in hopes of getting this team in the playoffs this year. Do I agree with trading the first. Hell no but only time will tell if it was the right move.

This comment should be it's own thread. Stickied here in the Thunderdome and placed in the hall of fame with all of the little whining b1tches names on the bottom who are doubting.

Why don't we see what happens? A couple years go by, then you can get down on this guy. But let him do his thing and support him. Hell, how many sub-par or average seasons/drafts did we give Shanny??

footstepsfrom#27
04-26-2009, 10:20 AM
SoCal...check out the legal and financial quagmire he got himself into when he bought the team from Kaiser. Everyone knows about the stock option thing where Kaiser had the right to equity in the team and right of first refusal, but you'll find he accepted very unfavorable terms in his contractual agreement that are causing him financial problems now. Bowlen's money as I understand it is family money that backed him. The stadium luxury suites were supposed to change his cash flow problem and may not have done so...I have to wonder if Bowlen's on the verge of selling the team because something is pretty fishy with the way he's reacting to things now from a buisness standpoint.

DarkHorse30
04-26-2009, 10:34 AM

It's more than that, Bowlen isn't going to Al Davis his way through a handful of coaches in a few years.

SportinOne
04-26-2009, 10:38 AM
This comment should be it's own thread. Stickied here in the Thunderdome and placed in the hall of fame with all of the little whining b1tches names on the bottom who are doubting.

Why don't we see what happens? A couple years go by, then you can get down on this guy. But let him do his thing and support him. Hell, how many sub-par or average seasons/drafts did we give Shanny??

The only possible way we get into the playoffs next year is if everyone else in the West falls flat on their face. Even if that happens, what next? We get slaughtered, that's what's next!

The goal should not be to get a taste of the playoffs but to win CHAMPIONSHIPS! That's why were are here folks, not to muddle around in mediocrity. I have news for you, unless Moreno carries this team on his back we aren't going to the playoffs and we aren't building any dynasties.

McDaniels is doing everything he can to make himself look good for NEXT SEASON and he IS mortgaging the future OF OUR TEAM. He doesn't care about that. He just wants to prove he was "right" all along.

But, you all seem to be okay with that..

At least Shanahan was building towards somthing. We had an offense that only needed tweaking and could have spent an entire draft or two to fix the defensive issues...

But let's change practically everything good about the offense and then start building the defense from the secondary back.. great strategy...

Kaylore
04-26-2009, 10:39 AM
That's what really amazes me. Everyone here has already accepted that we might win two games. McDrama has decalred I think 6 wins for both seasons and McDaniels fired at the end of the second. Even guys like Atlas, who became famous for being the "let's wait and see" guy, has written the team and whole draft class off. Footsteps thinks Quinn is the same as an arena league depth tight end.

It's completely bizarre. If this was the end of a 4-12 season and all of our picks were busts, I would totally get the hysteria, but we have had one mini-camp and everyone is absolutely certain that not only we suck, but that we're getting worse and worse by the minute.

I just want to see the team at least play in a game before I throw the coach under the bus. Good grief.

tsiguy96
04-26-2009, 10:41 AM
That's what really amazes me. Everyone here has already accepted that we might win two games. McDrama has decalred I think 6 wins for both seasons and McDaniels fired at the end of the second. Even guys like Atlas, who became famous for being the "let's wait and see" guy, has written the team and whole draft class off. Footsteps thinks Quinn is the same as an arena league depth tight end.

It's completely bizarre. If this was the end of a 4-12 season and all of our picks were busts, I would totally get the hysteria, but we have had one mini-camp and everyone is absolutely certain that not only we suck, but that we're getting worse and worse by the minute.

I just want to see the team at least play in a game before I throw the coach under the bus. Good grief.

thats crazy talk. you dont need to see the team actually perform before throwing them out the window, idiot. just repeatedly scream they will suck and mcdoofusface is gonna get the team relocated.