PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 wish list?

Rabb
04-26-2009, 12:31 AM
If this is a duplicate, sorry...just curious who you would like to see Denver target tomorrow.

Some gems to be had for sure, one guy I would love to take a chance on is Mitch King, maybe with a 5th rounder if he makes it that far, could be taken in the 4th. Being a Hawkeye I am biased, but he is a monster and I think will do well in the NFL.

Who do you think we should go after?

Broncosfreak_56
04-26-2009, 12:33 AM
Try to not give up our other first next year for a couple 6's and a bag of cheez doodles.

footstepsfrom#27
04-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Jon Gruden

spdirty
04-26-2009, 12:37 AM
Trade our next 3 firsts and next 3 seconds to the Jets for Mark Sanchez. Hell that would just make this offseason complete.

kamakazi_kal
04-26-2009, 12:37 AM
some f%c&in DL ............ and a time machine so we can go back and hire Spagnolo or gruden or the dude who took the tampa gig or dan reeves or a blow up doll or, or, or just someone else.

spdirty
04-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Jon Gruden

I'll take the coach we are still paying to come back.

kamakazi_kal
04-26-2009, 12:39 AM
I'll take the coach we are still paying to come back.

or that.

Gcver2ver3
04-26-2009, 12:39 AM
goodness...

SoCalBronco
04-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Jarron Gilbert (it will be difficult unless we trade Scheffler for a 3rd)
Antoine Caldwell (love to get that final piece at C for the OL, Lichtensteiger is a nice project, but Caldwell would be a nice fit)
Sammie Lee Hill (probably not until later on in the draft, but at some point, we do need a true NT prospect, even if they are really raw and/or played a low level of competition)
Dorell Scott or Terrance Taylor (each prospect is flawed to be sure, but we absolutely need something other than the crap that is there right now on the line)

Rabb
04-26-2009, 12:40 AM
hahaha I shoulda' known better

SonOfLe-loLang
04-26-2009, 12:57 AM
Jarron Gilbert (it will be difficult unless we trade Scheffler for a 3rd)
Antoine Caldwell (love to get that final piece at C for the OL, Lichtensteiger is a nice project, but Caldwell would be a nice fit)
Sammie Lee Hill (probably not until later on in the draft, but at some point, we do need a true NT prospect, even if they are really raw and/or played a low level of competition)
Dorell Scott or Terrance Taylor (each prospect is flawed to be sure, but we absolutely need something other than the crap that is there right now on the line)

Thank you for getting this worthwhile thread back on track.

I look for Chris Baker (since he can play NT and the 5 tech), Dorell Scott, Terrance taylor, mike wallace, vaughn martin, curtis painter, Sammie Lee Hill, Austin Collie, morrty ivy, ...i dunno, hopefully a couple of those

Natedog24
04-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Jon Gruden

ROFL!

Elway777
04-26-2009, 01:00 AM
I like to target Michael Johnson. I think that Denver could be playing more 4-3 then 3-4 and Johnson and Ayers would look nice at De.Maybe trade for a 3 round pick with Sheffler to take Johnson. I also like to add a couple defensive lineman like Chis Baker and Dorell Scott in the 4 round. They both could play either De-Dt .The 5 round go with speed receiver like Mike Wallace. 6 . In the 6 round add another defesive lineman like Zach Potter or Victor Butler .In the 7 round maybe draft Willie Williams . Williams has 4.5 speed plus had 11 stacks last year. A couple or other guys are 3-4 pass rushers like Willie Vandersteg or Phillip Hunt.

ZONA
04-26-2009, 01:20 AM
These fellas are all either DE's or DT's and most likely going between rounds 4-7. Some really nice projects in there. Some of them really project well in a 3-4 defense, such as Baker, King and Shaughnessy.

Alex Magee, DT, West Virginia
Vance Walker, DT, Ga. Tech
Mitch King, DE, Iowa
David Veikune, DE, Hawaii
Matt Shaughnessy, DE, Wisconsin
Chris Baker, DE, Hampton
Brandon Williams, DE, Texas Tech
Roy Miller, DT, Texas
Orion Martin, DE/LB, Va. Tech
Terrence Taylor, DT, Michigan
Sammie Lee Hill, DT, Stillman
Zach Potter, DE, Nebraska
Clinton McDonald, DE, Memphis
Demonte Bolden, DE, Tennessee
Derek Walker, DE, Illinois
Pannel Egboh, DE, Stanford
Tim Jamison, DE, Michigan
George Hypolite, DT, Colorado
Khalif Mitchell, DT, ECU
Rashon Harris, DE, Oregon
Corvey Irvin, DT, Georgia
Ian Campbell, DE, Kansas State
Terrance Knighton, DT, Temple
Everette Pendescleaux, DE, Northern Iowa
Michael Bennett, DE, Texas A&M
Jeremy Navarre, DE, Maryland
Myron Prior, DT, Kentucky
Pierre Walters, DE, Eastern Illinois

snowspot66
04-26-2009, 01:31 AM
A couple 400 pound guys to roll into the middle of the DL would be cool. Maybe that will lower the volume on the moanfest.

meangene
04-26-2009, 03:58 AM
Terrance Taylor or Roy Miller. I really think they are going to beef Ayers up and play him at DE so we should be looking at LB's as well.

tesnyde
04-26-2009, 04:23 AM
I didn't realize Brandon Williams had declared. Come to find out he had made a visit to Denver. Anyhow I had BW in high school. Good kid. It would make an interesting story because D-Will was his cousin. BW would have to play OLB. Tech got him bulked up to about as big as he going to get. He also needs to get faster. He's now running @4.7 to 4.8. He said he blew it at the combine @ 4.9.

I guess for sentimental reasons it would be cool to see Denver grab him with D-Will connection.

He has worked hard and improved every at Tech. As a senior in high school it was a bit surprising when he went D1 but he proved he belonged. I think he finished his career at Tech 22 or 23 sacks.

elsid13
04-26-2009, 05:27 AM
If we had the thirds I would be a little more comfortable with getting some players

Terrance Knighton, DT
Sammy Lee Hill DT/DE
McGee - QB
Still need an OLD
Mike Thomas - WR/KR/PR

TheChamp24
04-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Gilbert if we can get in round 3.
Alex Magee
Chris Baker
Dorrell Scott
Terrance Taylor
Brandon Williams

Mainly those guys on the DL, don't know much about the rest of the DL guys available

Here are some other guys to look at:
Jauquin Iglesias
Louis Murphy
Derrick Williams
Tyronne Green
Darry Beckwith
Nic Harris
Michael Hamlin

backup qb
04-26-2009, 06:13 AM
D-line, 0-line, and a qb

Arkie
04-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Jarron Gilbert, San Jose State
Alex Magee, Purdue
Roy Miller, Texas
Ricky Jean-Francois, LSU
Dorell Scott, Clemson
Terrance Taylor, Michigan
Clinton McDonald, Memphis
Sammie Lee Hill, Stillman
Tyronne Green, Auburn
Khalif Mitchell, East Carolina
Vaughn Martin, Western Ontario
Nader Abdallah, Ohio State
Louis Ellis, Shaw

Dr. Broncenstein
04-26-2009, 07:35 AM
tom brandstatter or rhett bomar

chickennob2
04-26-2009, 08:01 AM
Clinton McDonald! We draft him, I'm buying a jersey.

Dukes
04-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Jon Gruden

Kinda funny you say that. He's been the one guy on NFLN who's liked what Denver has done so far. Ha!

Dr. Broncenstein
04-26-2009, 08:34 PM
tom brandstatter or rhett bomar

Damn... I should have wished for "more defense."