PDA

View Full Version : So, Let's Check the Temperature Again

Rohirrim
04-25-2009, 09:53 PM
After today's draft, and given this year's schedule, let's see where the board thinks we will be at the end of this season. I'm thinking it's karma-time and we are going to be repaying the Seahawks big time for all those ass-whoppins Elway used to put on them.

Poll coming

NFLBRONCO
04-25-2009, 09:55 PM
I expected 4-6 wins now I hope we play over our heads win at least 9 games.

Atlas
04-25-2009, 10:01 PM
We had some hope because even if Denver sucked they would have more great draft picks next year to build, trading their #1 for Smith is inexcusable.

Since Denver won't have their first rounder McDaniels must win now.

GoHAM
04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
I need more beer.

Pick Six
04-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Why would our fortunes be tied to the Seahawks? Washington, however, quickly snapped up Orakbo after we went with a running back. If anything, we'll be repaying the Redskins for fleecing them in the trade of Portis...

BroncoMan4ever
04-25-2009, 10:11 PM
10-6.

that's right i am calling 10-6 and a playoff berth. mark that **** down

robbieopperude
04-25-2009, 10:11 PM
We had some hope because even if Denver sucked they would have more great draft picks next year to build, trading their #1 for Smith is inexcusable.

Since Denver won't have their first rounder McDaniels must win now.

I think Mcdaniels is in must win now mode. I am just wondering if he checked Denvers schedule and failed to notice it is f'n brutal.

We could trade next years other number one for Julius Peppers and I still wouldn't consider us a playoff potential team. Our schedule is that tough, we are that green with the system, and Mcdaniels has never coached a down before in this league.

I do like the idea of a power running game however. If we can control the ball and the clock we can keep teams from blowing us out and keep our D fresh. If we play that style to near perfection I could see us winning nine games next year.

Drek
04-25-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm expecting a more balanced and more points productive offense, probably in or very near the top 10.

I'm also expecting the defense, finally in a quality scheme with some accountability and consistency from the coaching staff and sound veterans, to make some big steps forward and be around league average.

In our division that could be good enough for an 8 to 10 win season.

I also think the NFC East is overrated.

My guess at the schedule, wins in blue, losses in red:
Sunday, Sept. 13 at Cincinnati 11 a.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Sept. 20 CLEVELAND 2:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Sept. 27 at Oakland 2:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 4 DALLAS 2:15 p.m. (FOX)
Sunday, Oct. 11 NEW ENGLAND 2:15 p.m. (CBS)
Monday, Oct. 19 at San Diego 6:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Oct. 25 BYE
Sunday, Nov. 1 at Baltimore 11 a.m. (CBS)
Monday, Nov. 9 PITTSBURGH 6:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 15 at Washington 11 a.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 22 SAN DIEGO 2:15 p.m. (CBS)
Thursday, Nov. 26 N.Y. GIANTS 6:20 p.m. (NFLN)
Sunday, Dec. 6 at Kansas City 11 a.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 13 at Indianapolis 11 a.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 20 OAKLAND 2:05 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 27 at Philadelphia 11 a.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Jan. 3 KANSAS CITY 2:15 p.m. (CBS)

Thats 9-7, plus or minus one. I'm leaning towards the plus because Baltimore seems like a team bound for regression to me. They lost their DC and Flacco was pulling wins out of his ass last year. When the karmic rebound hits they'll regress to the middle of the pack team they really are. Then we get them coming off our bye week.

We should have gone 4-2 in the division last year, sweeping KC and Oakland while getting swept by SD. I'm expecting a more consistent team to deliver the divisional sweeps on KC and Oakland, while legitimately winning a game against SD.

KC and Oakland haven't done much to improve their teams. SD is largely treading water as far as I can see. We've added some playmakers and dramatically improved our defensive coaching staff and offensive play calling over last year. I think the division is well within our reach.

BroncoMan4ever
04-25-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm expecting a more balanced and more points productive offense, probably in or very near the top 10.

I'm also expecting the defense, finally in a quality scheme with some accountability and consistency from the coaching staff and sound veterans, to make some big steps forward and be around league average.

In our division that could be good enough for an 8 to 10 win season.

I also think the NFC East is overrated.

My guess at the schedule, wins in blue, losses in red:
Sunday, Sept. 13 at Cincinnati 11 a.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Sept. 20 CLEVELAND 2:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Sept. 27 at Oakland 2:15 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Oct. 4 DALLAS 2:15 p.m. (FOX)
Sunday, Oct. 11 NEW ENGLAND 2:15 p.m. (CBS)
Monday, Oct. 19 at San Diego 6:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Oct. 25 BYE
Sunday, Nov. 1 at Baltimore 11 a.m. (CBS)
Monday, Nov. 9 PITTSBURGH 6:30 p.m. (ESPN)
Sunday, Nov. 15 at Washington 11 a.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Nov. 22 SAN DIEGO 2:15 p.m. (CBS)
Thursday, Nov. 26 N.Y. GIANTS 6:20 p.m. (NFLN)
Sunday, Dec. 6 at Kansas City 11 a.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 13 at Indianapolis 11 a.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 20 OAKLAND 2:05 p.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Dec. 27 at Philadelphia 11 a.m. (CBS)
Sunday, Jan. 3 KANSAS CITY 2:15 p.m. (CBS)

Thats 9-7, plus or minus one. I'm leaning towards the plus because Baltimore seems like a team bound for regression to me. They lost their DC and Flacco was pulling wins out of his ass last year. When the karmic rebound hits they'll regress to the middle of the pack team they really are. Then we get them coming off our bye week.

We should have gone 4-2 in the division last year, sweeping KC and Oakland while getting swept by SD. I'm expecting a more consistent team to deliver the divisional sweeps on KC and Oakland, while legitimately winning a game against SD.

KC and Oakland haven't done much to improve their teams. SD is largely treading water as far as I can see. We've added some playmakers and dramatically improved our defensive coaching staff and offensive play calling over last year. I think the division is well within our reach.

you and i have very similar views on how the season will shape up, but i feel we can steal at least 1 of the games in the 4 game losing streak you have listed

Hercules Rockefeller
04-25-2009, 11:23 PM
4-6 wins, where I've been all along.