PDA

View Full Version : Live at the draft report:

PaintballCLE
04-25-2009, 09:21 PM
So I went to the draft this year...........whoever is running it (nfl or radio city) screwed it up so bad.

1. according to nfl.com on friday you were supposed to line up at 10pm (no lines allowed earlier than that) and they would hand out wristbands at midnight. Luckily i got there around 7, because the line was already long and if you werent in line by 830, you were SOL.........so all those people that followed the rules and didnt show up till 10, got no tickets.

2a Again, draft started at 4, said u were allowed to line up starting at 2pm. Good thing i learned my lesson from the night before and got there early. Because same thing, if you werent in line by 5 am, you got ****ty seats.

2b. when they movede that barricades to start to let people in, all the people who werent in the 1500 person long line got in first. they movved that barricade to the door, then took about another 10 min to move the barricade too the people who were in line......so everyone sho was coming late got in first....DOH

3. Called in advance.....asked if you were allowed to bring in cameras. They lady said yes. Get to the door........no cameras.

4. Tickets were given out at random. Which means if there was 4 people in your party..........you would be sitting in 4 different locations. Rediculous!

5. They gave you wristbands and tickets...........told people when you arrived you could leave and get back, just had to hodl on to both things. People left in the beginning, only to come back with no re entry signs on the doors, and were not allowed back in. I would have been arrested if that had happened to me. Luckily by the time i went to go outside, they had the signs posted on the inside so i knew not to go out.

ps just for those interested....they have about a 4 minute or more delay from when the pick is turned in and announced till you at home see it on tv. This gives espn and nfln time to get the highlights of the various players as well as anaylsis.

It was cool being there, but they really need to get their act together.

PaintballCLE
04-25-2009, 09:38 PM
everyone kept going crazy everytime cleveland kept trading down or oakland took someone that wasnt even in the draft books they handed out with the top 500 players lol

Malcontent
04-25-2009, 09:55 PM
It looked like a drunken frat party on TV...was it like that?, or just the Jets fans..lol.

PaintballCLE
04-26-2009, 04:28 AM
It looked like a drunken frat party on TV...was it like that?, or just the Jets fans..lol.

lol yeah it is kinda nuts. No alcohol though.

deffinately worth going once in your lifetime. Especially since they shortened the first round. It makes it easier to stay there for the whole thing.

watermock
04-26-2009, 05:31 AM
They've been doing this for 40 years and can''t get protocol straight?

PaintballCLE
04-26-2009, 09:40 PM
They've been doing this for 40 years and can''t get protocol straight?

lol apparently not.........granted its only been at RCMH for about 5 years or so.........but still. It was a mess.

Meck77
04-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Kinda sounds like the Broncos fan fare. One big clusterfugg.

Vegas_Bronco
04-26-2009, 10:53 PM
So you were the ONE broncos fan there. I think we all saw you on TV?

PaintballCLE
04-27-2009, 08:44 AM
So you were the ONE broncos fan there. I think we all saw you on TV?

LOL, there was a bunch....well at least 20 broncos fans there..........but like is aid we were all split up. And since 99% of the people there had jets or giants stuff on, it was easy to blend in lol.

STBumpkin
04-27-2009, 08:56 AM
Were you the guy that stood up cheering and waving a sign after the Smith pick?

PaintballCLE
04-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Were you the guy that stood up cheering and waving a sign after the Smith pick?

lol no, but i was only a few rows away from him.