PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mayock's Overall Top 20: Ayers #3, Moreno #4

montrose
04-25-2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80d41b6d&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I respect Mike Mayock's opinion as much or more than anyone in the NFL when it comes to the Draft. The fact we landed two of his top four overall prospects makes me really excited. I don't feel too great about the value we gave up in the 2nd round because of the trades, but I do think the three players selected sound to be solid fits for our squad and I'm hoping we can recover a 3rd rounder for Scheffler tomorrow.

Atwater His Ass
04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
There isn't a person on this board that is really too upset with Moreno or Ayers. But it goes horribly HORRIBLY wrong after that.

And let's not forget to mention that McFailure also ran our starting QB out of town. I can't honestly believe how anyone can be behind this guy at this point.

Punisher
04-25-2009, 10:15 PM
There isn't a person on this board that is really too upset with Moreno or Ayers. But it goes horribly HORRIBLY wrong after that.

And let's not forget to mention that McFailure also ran our starting QB out of town. I can't honestly believe how anyone can be behind this guy at this point.

I honestly believe if Moreno, Ayers and A.Smith becomes Pro Bowlers this will be a Successful Draft.

As for McD if he takes us to the playoffs in get us out the 1st round everyone will change there mind about him.Only time will tell

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Broncos get 3 of Mayocks favorites:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80dff358&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-25-2009, 10:25 PM

Pretty simple really. He's the head coach of my favorite team. If he's successful, so are the Broncos.

BroncoBuff
04-25-2009, 10:27 PM
Bingo.

CSU Husker
04-25-2009, 10:40 PM
Best thing they did was avoid Sanchez and Freeman. Especially Freeman, with Tampa jumping us to get him there had to be some sort of smoke there. Perhaps McDouche was saved from himself.

Anaximines
04-25-2009, 11:14 PM
I honestly believe if Moreno, Ayers and A.Smith becomes Pro Bowlers this will be a Successful Draft.

... I don't think you'll find many people to disagree with you on that.......

Archer81
04-25-2009, 11:20 PM

So Jay asking to be traded after Shanahan left is on McDaniels now? Interesting...

:Broncos:

snowspot66
04-26-2009, 01:11 AM
Don't you know?

Jay didn't want to be traded. Said so himself.

SoDak Bronco
04-26-2009, 01:15 AM
jesus what a fuggin debacle. in round 2 lol

SoDak Bronco
04-26-2009, 01:17 AM
so we take 2 db's and te? are you kiddding me?

Atwater His Ass
04-26-2009, 02:47 AM
Pretty simple really. He's the head coach of my favorite team. If he's successful, so are the Broncos.

So you're a kool-aid drinker. Got it.

Atwater His Ass
04-26-2009, 02:48 AM

sit back and realize what we gave up to get 2 db's and a te. That's when it'll really hit ya.

Drek
04-26-2009, 03:13 AM

You don't think defensive back is a need?

In '07 and '08 we had basically the same front seven players. Hell, you could argue that '08 had Woodyard and Larsen, plus more experience in the young guys so the front seven should have been better.

Yet we went from the #19 defense to the #30.

What changed? Oh yeah, we had Manuel and McCree as our starting safeties most of the year, and neither one made a single good play all season.

Now we've shored those spots up short term with veterans, but we needed youth to develop there as well. Otherwise we'll be right back in the crapper as soon as the vets decline or retire.

This was a really ****ty DL class. I'm personally happy that the FO didn't take the mindset of shoehorning players into picks just to check off "need area" boxes. Instead they took the best talent they could at a different need.

watermock
04-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by Punisher

R U Serious?

If 1 is prowbowl it's luck.

BroncoMan4ever
04-26-2009, 03:26 AM
Broncos get 3 of Mayocks favorites:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80dff358&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

i think Quinn might be underrated for what he will be asked to do.

he is a blocking TE, sort of a Carswell type. not going to be called on to catch many passes, but brought in to bring some size and strength in the running game and as insurance to Graham.

in all these draft rankings, for the most part, with the TEs, the blocking TEs don't get much attention because everyone is thinking all TEs are supposed to be like Gates, and are just big receiving targets, instead of basically lighter Tackles that occasionally catch passes, like the majority of TEs are.

OBF1
04-26-2009, 03:37 AM

STFU and cheer for another team already. Your whining is so Cutler like.

Atwater His Ass
04-26-2009, 03:50 AM
STFU and cheer for another team already. Your whining is so Cutler like.

Sorry bro, can't all be #1 fans like you I guess.

Some of us can think for ourseleves, and gosh, have a different opinon.

I know it's hard to think outside of your little cave there, but you ever stop to realize that maybe, just maybe, the reason some of us are so upset is because we love the Broncos and can't stand to see them be driven into the ground like this?

Oh that's right. Our opinions don't matter. Let's just go ahead an ignore the massive fan division that exists right now and have a message board full of unicorns and rainbows. Screw reality, right?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-26-2009, 07:39 AM
So you're a kool-aid drinker. Got it.

No. See, I'm a fan of my favorite team. True or false: If McDaniels is successful, the team is successful.

True or false: if McDaniels fails, the team fails.

Would you rather have a successful team, or be "right" on a message board about the coach?

So you're a cutler cock swallower. Got it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-26-2009, 07:41 AM
Some of us can think for ourseleves, and gosh, have a different opinon.

And yet, if I choose to think for MYself, and I choose to support the team, the Front Office, and the coach, I'm a kool-aid drinker. Thank you for clearing that up. It's a double standard. I see how it works now.

OBF1
04-27-2009, 02:30 AM
And yet, if I choose to think for MYself, and I choose to support the team, the Front Office, and the coach, I'm a kool-aid drinker. Thank you for clearing that up. It's a double standard. I see how it works now.

Don't worry about it Moose, Atwater is just PMS'n again

BroncoBuff
04-27-2009, 02:40 AM
Really ... the number 3 and 4 players on his overall board?

Pretty cool.

Atwater His Ass
04-27-2009, 05:16 AM

Do what you want man. But no one based in reality can support what this FO has done since it took over.

Drek
04-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Do what you want man. But no one based in reality can support what this FO has done since it took over.

How so?

They got surprisingly high compensation for a "star" QB who bailed on this team the second Shanahan and Bates were let go.

They recognized the lack of talent throughout the entire defense, and excised it, bringing in a wave of solid veterans who still have a few years left on their careers.

They were honest with themselves that despite a lot of yardage production the offense still has glaring weaknesses, especially in the red zone, and so have secured talent to build a legitimate red zone capable team.

Then they drafted the best players available at need positions in the first, and took the BPA that fit the scheme at each pick after that.

I'm not crazy about trading our 1st to move back into the 2nd, but we definitely did it for the right kind of player, because Smith is a very good CB prospect and the CB class for next year looks pretty ****ty.

Have they taken the world by storm and raped the league? No, but thats because 31 other teams are trying to win too. This isn't madden or some **** like that. You take what you can get and no team is ever content with what they have on the roster.

Atwater His Ass
04-27-2009, 06:01 AM
How so?

They got surprisingly high compensation for a "star" QB who bailed on this team the second Shanahan and Bates were let go.

They recognized the lack of talent throughout the entire defense, and excised it, bringing in a wave of solid veterans who still have a few years left on their careers.

They were honest with themselves that despite a lot of yardage production the offense still has glaring weaknesses, especially in the red zone, and so have secured talent to build a legitimate red zone capable team.

Then they drafted the best players available at need positions in the first, and took the BPA that fit the scheme at each pick after that.

I'm not crazy about trading our 1st to move back into the 2nd, but we definitely did it for the right kind of player, because Smith is a very good CB prospect and the CB class for next year looks pretty ****ty.

Have they taken the world by storm and raped the league? No, but thats because 31 other teams are trying to win too. This isn't madden or some **** like that. You take what you can get and no team is ever content with what they have on the roster.

They **** away any compensation they recieved for Cutler. And let's face it. You can't even name a team that has traded away a 25 year old Pro Bowl QB. You know why? It doesn't ****ing happen. Period.

We then blew this pick on a CB in the 2nd round. Awesome. You can't ****ing justify that. You just can't. I don't care if he's the next Champ Bailey. How many Super Bowls have we won with Champ Bailey? CB's dont' win SB's. QB's do.

Solid veterans on D? You mean a career backup NT and ILB? Along with a guy on his last legs at S? Yeah, ****ing brilliant man, brilliant. How does any of that change, from oh well idk, having Champ Bailey and John Lynch? Oh yeah it doesn't. Because we still dont' have a DL. And in case you haven't been watching Bronco football, we have the worst DL in the NFL over the last decade. But you're right. Let's trade 1st round picks for CB's, ignore the DL and bring in a veteran S in his last years. Good idea. It worked before right?

And good ****ing luck getting to the red zone with Orton. He's a schmuk. This team is going no where fast.

You're doing nothing but making ****ing excuses for the FO. Step back and look at what they've done since they got here. They haven't made this team better and thus far have managed to **** up a draft and drive our franchsie QB away (something that's never been done in the NFL to date).

Drink up the kool-aid all you want, but I don't buy it.

ol number 7
04-27-2009, 06:21 AM
They **** away any compensation they recieved for Cutler. And let's face it. You can't even name a team that has traded away a 25 year old Pro Bowl QB. You know why? It doesn't ****ing happen. Period.

We then blew this pick on a CB in the 2nd round. Awesome. You can't ****ing justify that. You just can't. I don't care if he's the next Champ Bailey. How many Super Bowls have we won with Champ Bailey? CB's dont' win SB's. QB's do.

Solid veterans on D? You mean a career backup NT and ILB? Along with a guy on his last legs at S? Yeah, ****ing brilliant man, brilliant. How does any of that change, from oh well idk, having Champ Bailey and John Lynch? Oh yeah it doesn't. Because we still dont' have a DL. And in case you haven't been watching Bronco football, we have the worst DL in the NFL over the last decade. But you're right. Let's trade 1st round picks for CB's, ignore the DL and bring in a veteran S in his last years. Good idea. It worked before right?

And good ****ing luck getting to the red zone with Orton. He's a schmuk. This team is going no where fast.

You're doing nothing but making ****ing excuses for the FO. Step back and look at what they've done since they got here. They haven't made this team better and thus far have managed to **** up a draft and drive our franchsie QB away (something that's never been done in the NFL to date).

Atwater better lay off the Red Bull !! Do you have a job or just analyze the draft 24/7 ?? I take it you were elated that we took T.D. when we had the great Bobby Humphrey already on the roster. Chill dude. It will all work out. At least we didn't go fastest player like the Raiders. Their newspaper is outraged that Al " did it again". Ol fart can't help himself.

Beantown Bronco
04-27-2009, 06:32 AM

You write that as if you are going out on a limb. Of course it would be successful if that happened. In fact, I'm willing to bet that most teams have never even accomplished that feat once in their history.

dbfan21
04-27-2009, 06:43 AM
You don't think defensive back is a need?

In '07 and '08 we had basically the same front seven players. Hell, you could argue that '08 had Woodyard and Larsen, plus more experience in the young guys so the front seven should have been better.

Yet we went from the #19 defense to the #30.

What changed? Oh yeah, we had Manuel and McCree as our starting safeties most of the year, and neither one made a single good play all season.

Now we've shored those spots up short term with veterans, but we needed youth to develop there as well. Otherwise we'll be right back in the crapper as soon as the vets decline or retire.

This was a really ****ty DL class. I'm personally happy that the FO didn't take the mindset of shoehorning players into picks just to check off "need area" boxes. Instead they took the best talent they could at a different need.

QFT :thumbsup:

I think it was a solid draft for the Broncos. After having some time to reflect, the FO has a plan that we are not privied to, so for us to say "this was dumb" or "that was a reach" is ridiculous.

I am ready to see what this team looks like when training camp is underway!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-27-2009, 10:32 AM

/footstomp