PDA

View Full Version : Mcdaniels Supporters, Where Are U Now!

garandman
04-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Round 1, I am fine with.....

Round 2 WTF!!!!

Anyone that can even try to defend McDaniels now isn't just a fool there are plain crazy, trading up and giving away very valuable picks for players that would be there if we stayed pat is a DISASTER!!

The last pick in the 3rd round is beyond a joke are you freakin kidding me, it looks intentional that this guy is running the franchise into the ground in a hurry.

Please, all the Mcd CO**Suc*** defend this crap now!!!

Florida_Bronco
04-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Right here.

lostknight
04-25-2009, 08:49 PM
McDaniels lives or dies on this season. Either the Broncos win, or he is gone. I am not ready to say that he is a disaster, just that he has gone all in. If he busts. He is gone.

scorpio
04-25-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm right here. McDaniels and his FO deserve at least one season to make good on his promises.

There's an old adage, that real Star Wars fans hate Star Wars. I think to a large extent that's what's happening with the Broncos this offseason.

The difference is that the NFL is an ever-changing, constantly developing entity. I think if most of us look back at our draft-related posts from two years or more ago, we would feel pretty foolish.

Give the guy, and his draft a chance. Did we reach in the 2nd round? Maybe. But if those guys turn into solid contributers, I doubt many people will still be crying about it a year from now.

Popps
04-25-2009, 08:52 PM
Right here.

Dukes
04-25-2009, 08:54 PM
While I don't like what he did in the 2nd round, the only thing I'm pissed about is trading OUR 1st next year instead of the one from Chicago. Maybe he's crazy enough to think we'll be drafting lower than Chicago.

lex
I'm right here. McDaniels and his FO deserve at least one season to make good on his promises.

There's an old adage, that real Star Wars fans hate Star Wars. I think to a large extent that's what's happening with the Broncos this offseason.

The difference is that the NFL is an ever-changing, constantly developing entity. I think if most of us look back at our draft-related posts from two years or more ago, we would feel pretty foolish.

Give the guy, and his draft a chance. Did we reach in the 2nd round? Maybe. But if those guys turn into solid contributers, I doubt many people will still be crying about it a year from now.

This lecture is kind of silly considering that the original poster is saying that he has one season.

HAT
Present....

Just checking, how many games has he lost as Broncos head coach?

I do have a slight problem with losing about 15 spots in the Seahawks trade but, you know, a bird in hand and all that.

At least it was the Denver first and not the Chicago first. Highly doubtful that the Bears finish with a better record than Denver next year.

barryr
04-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Actually, I'm a Denver Bronco fan. Not a McDaniels fan or Cutler fan. The Cutler fans that are out there should try going back to being a Bronco fan and stop looking stupid with every post.

Gcver2ver3

Round 2 WTF!!!!

Anyone that can even try to defend McDaniels now isn't just a fool there are plain crazy, trading up and giving away very valuable picks for players that would be there if we stayed pat is a DISASTER!!

The last pick in the 3rd round is beyond a joke are you freakin kidding me, it looks intentional that this guy is running the franchise into the ground in a hurry.

say what you want but at the end of the day we improved our team more than any other club after 2 rounds...

as another poster stated...

Knowshon Moreno = best RB in the draft
Robert Ayers = (arguably) best DE/OLB player in the draft
Alphonso Smith = best playmaking corner in the draft
Darcel McBath = (arguably) best playmaking safety in the draft
Richard Quinn = 2nd best blocking TE in the draft

so we may have paid more than we'd prefer, but we've added some really good football players to this team...

if we could just find a starting calibur NT, i belive our offseason will be easily the best one we've had in a years...

ohiobronco2
I'd like a detailed explanation by his supporters as to how the second round forward is going to help our team this season.

ohiobronco2
04-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Present....

I do have a slight problem with losing about 15 spots in the Seahawks trade but, you know, a bird in hand and all that.

At least it was the Denver first and not the Chicago first. Highly doubtful that the Bears finish with a better record than Denver next year.

God you're a fu*king idiot.

OBF1
04-25-2009, 08:57 PM

Round 2 WTF!!!!

No, I should listen to some yahoo, Arm chair wannabe QB assmunch.

Also dumbass...we did not make a pick in the 3rd round.

Only an idiot would evaluate a draft and grade it on day 1.... 500 post rule please

garandman
04-25-2009, 08:57 PM

Scorpio, I think your right, except Mcdaniels really needed to hit a home run in this draft because of the Cutler fiasco and it was all right there and he just screwed it up. The players he picked are not bad but his inexperience has showed again because he traded picks away that he didnt have to...

I am tired of all the excuses for this guy, it ridiculous, when will everyone see the light, do we have to go 4-12 first?

scorpio
04-25-2009, 08:58 PM
This lecture is kind of silly considering that the original poster is saying that he has one season.

Your mom is kind of silly.

But seriously, he asked where the supporters were, and I responded. If you are going to put conditions on his baited question, then what good is it?

edit: And just to make it clear for the slow kids (which apparently includes lexi), OP does not state that McDaniels "has one season".

Atlas
Present....

I see 11 out of his first 16

Punisher
Ive been a McD Hater but Ive jump the wagon hes done a Great Job.

bpc
Sad times for the true fans, Shanahan hater's or not. We're making future moves based on financial considerations which means we're doomed to suck and never find long term answers to our issues.

doonwise
04-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Do yourself a favor before you blow an artery:
http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/4/25/853595/mhr-university-2009-draft-picks

Swedish Extrovert
04-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Right here, but McD is losing me.

garandman
04-25-2009, 09:02 PM
if we could just find a starting calibur NT, i belive our offseason will be easily the best one we've had in a years...

:rofl: , is everyone on this board on drugs, WTF!

Best offseason in years, huh???

For the rest of the AFC west I guess

ohiobronco2
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM
say what you want but at the end of the day we improved our team more than any other club after 2 rounds...

so we may have paid more than we'd prefer, but we've added some really good football players to this team...

1. Not a big problem, but I still think Wells was better. Time will tell though. Also, we just signed how many RB's ?
2 No real issue with Ayers
3. Was corner really our biggest need. Was it worth next years first?
4. Yeah, this safety was so great that half of the board had never heard of him till today
5. A fu*king TE. Are you serious. Can we draft waterboys as well.

footstepsfrom#27
04-25-2009, 09:04 PM
We will be lucky to win 4 games. Had we kept that pick we might have had a legitimate shot at replacing Cutler with Bradford with our two first round picks.

McMoron not only got rid of Cutler, he may have pissed away our best chance for another franchise QB for a guy described as a nickel corner.

Quote from McTwerp: "Next years value is not the same as this year's value"

No kidding dumb*** it's better.

Malcontent
04-25-2009, 09:04 PM
Our midterm grades I feel, will really help our average Dean Wormer...

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Present....

Except for the part where you forgot that gave Seattle our top 10 pick next year. The Bear's pick (yeah, the one that we still own) will be in the 20's.

Why they didnt trade that pick is beyond me.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2009, 09:06 PM
The first 2 rounds could have been a lot worse. Broncos have picks to give and in this supposedly weak draft, why not dump a few picks to move up and get who you think are impact players?

BroncoBuff
04-25-2009, 09:07 PM

You're joking right?

lex
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Your mom is kind of silly.

But seriously, he asked where the supporters were, and I responded. If you are going to put conditions on his baited question, then what good is it?

Dont get upset. If you didnt understand the question or premise of the thread, you should have asked.

HEAV
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
Here!:welcome:

The Moreno selection caught me off gaurd. With all the money spent on Buck,Jordan and JJ...not to mention Hillis... I felt it wasn't a needed postion. But if a talent is there and you have a chance to take it you do so. Better to have him witsh us than against us.

Ayers will be a starter day one and will be our Richard Seymour.

Alphonso Smith was rated the 5th best cornerback on the board and we all know Champ and Goodman aren't young.

McBath is the young ball hawk that many have been begging for and now the kid gets to learn from B-Dawk and replaced him in 2 years.

Richard Quinn is the only one that I was lost on.

Atwater His Ass
04-25-2009, 09:10 PM
Actually, I'm a Denver Bronco fan. Not a McDaniels fan or Cutler fan. The Cutler fans that are out there should try going back to being a Bronco fan and stop looking stupid with every post.

Actually none of this has anything to do with the Cutler situation. FFS you are a total ****ing moron.

UberBroncoMan
04-25-2009, 09:11 PM
God you're a ****ing idiot.

Not even I could believe my eyes when I read what he wrote. Some people really are living on another planet.

NFLBRONCO
04-25-2009, 09:11 PM
I just hope we don't hand over a top 10 pick. I support McD as long as he's here.

scorpio
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Dont get upset. If you didnt understand the question or premise of the thread, you should have asked.

Show me where the OP said McDaniels "has one season", you fraud.

garandman
04-25-2009, 09:12 PM

Also dumbass...we did not make a pick in the 3rd round.

Only an idiot would evaluate a draft and grade it on day 1.... 500 post rule please

My bad, OH YEAH WE DONT HAVE ANY 3RD ROUND PICKS NOW!!

And as far as grading the draft with day one, EVERY major sports outlet has already put up grades for the first day, so go F yourself and move on from the thread if you don't like it..

RaiderH8r
04-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Trading next year's first rounder to get a slot in the early second this year was epic stupidity plain and simple.

yerner
04-25-2009, 09:14 PM
I'll wait and see. But the trade up to get a TE that may be the third option is really odd. It looks almost pointless.

Denver724
04-25-2009, 09:16 PM

Round 2 WTF!!!!

I think it is a tremendous draft. Not real high on trading #1 next year, but we still have every pick going into 2010 (so far). We need quality players. This is what the draft and FA is showing. I have come to believe that the roster put together by Shanny was not of high quality (top to bottom). I am excited. I believe in our new direction and we will surprise many teams. Get ready for efficient passing and power running. Quinn and Graham will be great together.

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Trading next year's top 10 first rounder to get a slot in the early second this year was epic stupidity plain and simple.

Fixed it for you

Inkana7
04-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Right here, Fresh.

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2009, 09:22 PM
I think it is a tremendous draft. Not real high on trading #1 next year, but we still have every pick going into 2010 (so far). We need quality players. This is what the draft and FA is showing. I have come to believe that the roster put together by Shanny was not of high quality (top to bottom). I am excited. I believe in our new direction and we will surprise many teams. Get ready for efficient passing and power running. Quinn and Graham will be great together.

If you aren't seeing the bad by now, there is no hope for you. Just keep drinking the kool-aid and dont ever worry about having to come up with an original thought.

Broncomutt
04-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Present.

HEAV
If you aren't seeing the bad by now, there is no hope for you. Just keep drinking the kool-aid and dont ever worry about having to come up with an original thought.

I think you and garandman need to get laid to release the anger...maybe you two should hook-up.

Just a couple of board-trolls in love.

scorpio
Show me where the OP said McDaniels "has one season", you fraud.

bump. I know you're reading this thread and posting, lex. Please show me the error of my ways.

lazarus4444
04-25-2009, 09:30 PM
I'd like a detailed explanation by his supporters as to how the second round forward is going to help our team this season.

I'm a McDaniels supporter.

Alphonso Smith - A top rate corner in a 5' 9" body. He dominated college ball and how many 5' 9" corners do you know that get multiple sacks, cause fumbles and get interceptions? This guy is a PLAYER. i don't care if he is short, he's a player and loves football so this is a great pick and he'll help out day 1.

From NFL.COM (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/alphonso-smith?id=80435)

Smith is just the third player this century to amass 20 or more interceptions in a career, joining Jim Leonhard of Wisconsin (21, 2001-04) and Mitch Meeuwsen of Oregon State (20, 2001-04), and only the second in Atlantic Coast Conference annals to reach that lofty mark (Dre' Bly of North Carolina had 20, 1996-98). Only nine other players in the history of college football (all levels) have produced more interceptions in a career than Smith.

What makes Smith even more valuable at his position is his ability to make big plays in the backfield. Few cornerbacks, much less ones that stand just 5-feet-9 can boast having nine sacks, 23.5 tackles behind the line of scrimmage and eight forced fumbles on those hits during a career. He also adds to his resume as a capable kickoff returner, averaging 20.7 yards for his career, along with using his superb leaping ability and timing to block five kicks during his time at Wake Forest.

Smith was a standout player at quarterback and defensive back during his days at Pahokee High School, where he was the runner-up for state Player of the Year honors as a senior. He helped the Blue Devils to a 13-1 record and the Class 2B state championship, earning MVP honors in the state title game, throwing a 58-yard touchdown strike to current Deacon teammate Demir Boldin in that contest.

As a quarterback, Smith threw for 2,400 yards and 32 touchdowns and also rushed for 640 yards and six scores in 2003. He was responsible for 38 touchdowns as a senior, including scores on interception, punt, kickoff and fumble returns. He added 27 tackles, a sack and four interceptions as a cornerback, earning first-team All-State honors. He also played in the Outback Bowl and the Palm Beach All-Star Game. In addition to football, he was a starter on the basketball team.

Seems to me that Alphonso is an elite athlete that packs a punch and will totally help us out this year as this guy has a nose for the football. His potential is unlimited at this point and even though he's short he'll have a solid + career. Not to mention that Bailey isn't getting any younger so to get a dynamic corner to learn from Bailey is pretty ****ing awesome if you ask me.

Darcel McBath - NFL.com profile (http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/darcel-mcbath?id=71391#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis)
Strengths: Centerfielder with the build of a strong safety and good upper-body development. ... Comes downhill in a hurry, diagnosing the run and attacking receivers over the middle. ... Solid last line of defense and secure tackler in space. ... Reads the quarterback's eyes and has the speed to jump routes. ... Good hands for the interception. ... Finds his way through trash to the ballcarrier when near the line. ... Became a more vocal leader as a senior, and has always tried to lead by example. ... Directs the defense from the deep secondary. ... Contributes on special teams and should do so in the NFL due to his size and speed.

I don't know about you but an all around player in the secondary to replace BDawk in a couple years is not a bad thing. The guy has the physical tools and smarts to play strong safety and can defend the run or pass. He will help the Broncos because he is a leader and has a nose for the ball. Not to mention he will learn the ropes from a future HOF'er in Brian Dawkins. That certainly can't hurt.

Richard Quinn - One of the things Coach McDaniels has stated since he has been the Broncos head coach is that all three phases of the game need significant improvement. One of those things is the offense and its dismal attempts at scoring last year which ended up in constant frusteration. Richard Quinn is a punishing blocker who along with graham and our line help Moreno score a LOT of touchdowns in McDaniels system. Some more about him:

From Carolina Blue (http://northcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=939796)

Quinn's pro stock rose considerably during the offseason, as he put together a series of outstanding workouts for pro teams in addition to a strong showing at the NFL Draft Combine.

Although he isn't highly regarded as a 'receiving' tight end, his ability along the line of scrimmage proved compelling to Denver---long known for its high-octane running game.

"He (Quinn) has already built up a great reputation as a really good 'on the line' blocker," said UNC head coach Butch Davis. "There's so many tight ends in college football that are quasi-more receivers than they are blockers. When you get to the National Football League, they really want some guys that can pound and block good defensive ends, and Richard can do that, and because of that he's really gotten a lot of attention in the last couple of months."

I don't know about you but scoring is always a good thing and this guy will definitly help with that. Graham and Quinn blocking on either side for Moreno or Hillis....lets just say i think we're going to score a LOT with this combination. A lot lot lot!

:thanku:

Laz

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Just a couple of board-trolls in love.

How can you seriously be happy with today's draft? Maybe if the day ended after round 1 but round 2 was an unmitigated disaster! SoCal's assessment of the day was spot on.

Gcver2ver3
04-25-2009, 09:35 PM
:rofl: , is everyone on this board on drugs, WTF!

Best offseason in years, huh???

For the rest of the AFC west I guess

you sound like a closet charger fan or something...

lol...you're embarrassing yourself...

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM

I don't know about you but scoring is always a good thing and this guy will definitly help with that. Graham and Quinn blocking on either side for Moreno or Hillis....lets just say i think we're going to score a LOT with this combination. A lot lot lot!

Laz

And we will be giving up a lot lot lot lot lot lot more points on D. Did you notice that our front 7 still sucks? Are you aware that we are still undersized in the front 7? And by the way, we still cant rush the passer...

Inkana7
04-25-2009, 09:36 PM
How can you seriously be happy with today's draft? Maybe if the day ended after round 1 but round 2 was an unmitigated disaster! SoCal's assessment of the day was spot on.

Because you agreed with it? I like our draft, I hate the Quinn selection, but to call it a disaster, or in your lord SoCal's words, "An error of Biblical proportions", is a gross exaggeration.

Inkana7
04-25-2009, 09:37 PM
You're joking right?

Because Jay Cutler has a proven track record of finishing with great records. :thumbsup:

HEAV
04-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Alphonso Smith is one inch taller and 5 pounds heavier than Darrent Williams was with the same skills.

Smith is also taller than last years fav Jack Williams.

As we learned with Darrent height means little. It's about the play on the field and the heart of the player.

scttgrd
04-25-2009, 09:43 PM
All the McDaniels supporters will be absent when the crap hits the fan. So far I don't think there is anything the guy can do to get them off his nuts. Keep sucking guys, you might get the payoff you need.

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Because you agreed with it? I like our draft, I hate the Quinn selection, but to call it a disaster, or in your lord SoCal's words, "An error of Biblical proportions", is a gross exaggeration.

Because he called (1) the smart things smart and (2) the dumb things dumb. Too many of you guys around here are quite good at step 1. But step 2 falls complete apart and you do anything it takes to justify staying on the kool-aid.

Quinn is a terrible pick at 64. And we gave up a top 10 pick next year for Smith! Did you forget that we still have no DL? They want Ayers to play some OLB.

theAPAOps5
04-25-2009, 09:47 PM
Shut the **** up. I guarantee you won't show your face and admit you are wrong if McD proves to be a good coach. Go root for Chicago you clearly aren't worthy of being a Denver fan.

Yeah I just said that and mean it.

BroncoManCanuck
04-25-2009, 09:49 PM

Round 2 WTF!!!!

Stop being such a little bitch and support your team for whatever moves they make. Im pretty sure Josh doesn't care what you think about the draft so complaining doesnt do anything. No one on this board (including you) in a football expert to the extent it takes it put an entire draft together or you would have a job in the Nfl.

People like this and those who say they have no support for Josh and the Broncos are not real fans. So **** off and support your team. They know what is best

HAT
04-25-2009, 09:51 PM

Ok, I'll play.

I get that most casual fans usually just take a look at last years records vs. next years schedule and automatically think they know who's going to be good and who's going to be bad. That's why they get there asses kicked in their stupid office office pools or constantly lose their $10 3 teams parlays week in and week out.

I mean.....They all knew on draft day last year that there was no way that:

Miami wins the AFCE at 11-5
Balty contends for the AFCN at 11-5
Tenny wins the AFCS at 13-3
SD were a .500 team
ATL was a WC team
The Coyboys finish 3rd in the NFCE
The Saints were a .500 team
Arizona was going to the SB

No way three of those things could happen....much less all of them. Right?

Even the so called experts who set the market agreed. Here's a sampling of preseason division odds:

Odds to win 2008/09 AFC North Division
83 Ravens +750 (picked dead last, finished 11-5)
84 Bengals +300
85 Browns +185
86 Steelers +115

Odds to win 2008/09 AFC East Division
87 Bills +800
88 Dolphins +2000 (20-1 underdog, who won ONE game the previous year...wins division at 11-5))
89 Patriots -800 (overwhelming favorite, misses PO's)
90 Jets +800

Odds to win 2008/09 AFC South Division
91 Texans +850
92 Colts -175
93 Jaguars +145
94 Titans +850 (again...competing with Houston for the cellar odds-wise but goes 13-3)

Odds to win 2008/09 AFC West Division
95 Broncos +400
96 Chiefs +800
97 Raiders +800
98 Chargers -250 (substantial fav, that snuck in at 8-8 b/c of Stale-ahan)

Odds to win 2008/09 NFC North Division
99 Bears +225
100 Lions +450
101 Packers +185 (co-fav finished 6-10)
102 Vikings +185

Odds to win 2008/09 NFC East Division
103 Cowboys +135 (Fav finished 3rd)
104 Giants +275
105 Eagles +250
106 Redskins +425

Odds to win 2008/09 NFC South Division
107 Falcons +1250 (12.5-1 dog finishes 11-5)
108 Panthers +225
109 Saints +135 (fav finished 8-8 and in the cellar)
110 Buccaneers +200

Odds to win 2008/09 NFC West Division
111 Cardinals +225 (2nd choice, represents NFC in SB from weakest division)
112 49ers +465
113 Seahawks +125 (division fav finishes 4-12)
114 Rams +425

Happens every year and the sheep still baaaaahhh.

Let me know what you think Denver's record will be in 2009 and throw in your projections for Chicago. I could use a good laugh next January. Or a couple of hundred via Paypal if you're interested.

garandman
04-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Smith is a good player, I never said he wasn't, I too compared him to Dwill, but his speed isn't really close.

Dwill ran a 4.30 at combine
Smith ran a 4.47

HEAV
04-25-2009, 09:52 PM

LOL

First off Socal went all nutjob.

Second he's the guy that went to camp and fell in love with Mike Bell and proclaimed him to be the next TD...

Please Socal (like you and many others) has an axe to grind and will do every and anything to grind it.

I made my own assessment in this thread on the talent that was selected and I stick with (my) own assessment.

You seem to just want to be one of the

http://img188.imagevenue.com/loc1015/th_21337_sheep_123_1015lo.jpg (http://img188.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=21337_sheep_123_1015lo.jpg)

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Shut the **** up. I guarantee you won't show your face and admit you are wrong if McD proves to be a good coach. Go root for Chicago you clearly aren't worthy of being a Denver fan.

I certainly will admit being wrong if that happens. That would be awesome actually.

So you are saying you liked giving up our top 10 pick next year for an undersized corner? Or did you prefer trading up for a 5th rd TE in the 2nd?

The team certainly did strengthen the secondary. Too bad they werent the big weakness on D.

Broncojef
04-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Broncos/McDaniel's fan here. Nice to see a draft from a talent perspective and graded best player available instead of reaching to fill a position of need.

See I think most of you just got spoiled under the Shanahan era and don't know what to think. The classic we need a CB so lets draft 3 of em and hope something sticks philosphy was really getting old or the lets draft the classic 6th round runningback and prove to everyone how smart we are approach to the running game or the lets make the LB a FB or the TE a OT square peg in round hole approach. We drafted guys like Middlebrooks and Foster in the first round and the coach laughed at us when we questioned the picked by saying we didn't know how to evaluate talent.

HEAV
04-25-2009, 09:56 PM
Smith is a good player, I never said he wasn't, I too compared him to Dwill, but his speed isn't really close.

Dwill ran a 4.30 at combine
Smith ran a 4.47

Wow! Al Davis is that you?

Just keep drafting the fastest 40 times!

Guess what!? Ash Lelie, Javis Moss,Tater Bell and Deltha Oneal had fast 40's...

BroncoManCanuck
04-25-2009, 09:57 PM
I certainly will admit being wrong if that happens. That would be awesome actually.

So you are saying you liked giving up our top 10 pick next year for an undersized corner? Or did you prefer trading up for a 5th rd TE in the 2nd?

The team certainly did strengthen the secondary. Too bad they werent the big weakness on D.

Since when did this become a top ten pick? **** you dumb

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2009, 09:59 PM
LOL

First off Socal went all nutjob.

Second he's the guy that went to camp and fell in love with Mike Bell and proclaimed him to be the next TD...

Please Socal (like you and many others) has an axe to grind and will do every and anything to grind it.

I made my own assessment in this thread on the talent that was selected and I stick with (my) own assessment.

You seem to just want to be one of the

http://img188.imagevenue.com/loc1015/th_21337_sheep_123_1015lo.jpg (http://img188.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=21337_sheep_123_1015lo.jpg)

I could care less what he did 4 seasons ago. His post about today's pick, position by position was on the money.

No axe to grind here. I was very excited to watch the draft, hoping we would address positions of need. Clearly McD has to win now so I expected a draft to reflect that.

Like I said, I am fine with RD1. Warming up to Moreno. But the secondary was already addressed in FA. We didnt address the OBVIOUS weakness, the front 7. 5 out of the first 64 picks and could find a way to take more than one DL?

garandman
04-25-2009, 10:02 PM
Stop being such a little b**** and support your team for whatever moves they make. Im pretty sure Josh doesn't care what you think about the draft so complaining doesnt do anything. No one on this board (including you) in a football expert to the extent it takes it put an entire draft together or you would have a job in the Nfl.

People like this and those who say they have no support for Josh and the Broncos are not real fans. So **** off and support your team. They know what is best

Hey slick, I never said I didn't support the Broncos, of course I do. But I can't just sit here and see my TEAM WHICH I SUPPORT get torn to pieces by some punk kid. I can't support an imposter, which this guy is, maybe he will be a good coach, no one knows but it doesn't look like he can handle GM duties, which he wasnt supposed to be to begin with.

Your right, i am not a draft expert, but guess what chief, a lot of the experts believe Josh has royally F'ed up this team since he has gotten here including todays events...

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2009, 10:06 PM
Since when did this become a top ten pick? **** you dumb

It pretty much happened when we decided to address our secondary needs instead of our primary needs, THE F-ING D-LINE!

Never Trust a Snake
04-25-2009, 10:06 PM
See I think most of you just got spoiled under the Shanahan era and don't know what to think. The classic we need a CB so lets draft 3 of em and hope something sticks philosphy was really getting old or the lets draft the classic 6th round runningback and prove to everyone how smart we are approach to the running game or the lets make the LB a FB or the TE a OT square peg in round hole approach.

So drafting cornerback Darcel McBath and moving him to safety doesn't count?

What about drafting a blocking tight end Richard Quinn at a 2nd round position where he needs to catch to validate the selection. Quinn has 12 career catches at UNC and all of the sudden he's a NFL quality receiving TE because he looked good in a drill at the combine?

kamakazi_kal
04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
5 out of the first 64 picks and could find a way to take more than one DL?

Bingo ......... tell the man what he's won. The only thing I'm happy with right now is the Broncos logo.

what RB gets the ax in camp? i'm guessing young and hillis.

DHallblows
04-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Because Jay Cutler has a proven track record of finishing with great records. :thumbsup:

This is absolutely ridiculous...

garandman
04-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Wow! Al Davis is that you?

Just keep drafting the fastest 40 times!

Guess what!? Ash Lelie, Javis Moss,Tater Bell and Deltha Oneal had fast 40's...

Heav,
Dwill was a very good corner, don't start this BS with a rookie we haven't heard of until today. And yeah, speed does have some relevance here, especially at corner...

Deon Sanders, Darrell Green, Rod Woodson etc. seemed to benefit a little by those pesky 2/100th of seconds faster than the man they play/played against...

footstepsfrom#27
04-25-2009, 10:14 PM
Stop being such a little b**** and support your team for whatever moves they make. Im pretty sure Josh doesn't care what you think about the draft so complaining doesnt do anything. No one on this board (including you) in a football expert to the extent it takes it put an entire draft together or you would have a job in the Nfl.

Great...another 1 post a week retard mouthing tsidiot96's "he's a coach and you're not" crap.

Can we get an OM Wonderlic in here?

DBroncos4life
5. Denver rookie head coach Josh McDaniels doesn't have a grasp on how to build a team. He signed three running backs in free agency and drafted another (Knowshon Moreno). And then he sent Denver's first-round choice in 2010 to Seattle for this year's 37th overall choice, which he used to pick cornerback Alphonso Smith. That's bizarre. Mike Shanahan must be laughing at that one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=4100869

Broncojef
Hey slick, I never said I didn't support the Broncos, of course I do. But I can't just sit here and see my TEAM WHICH I SUPPORT get torn to pieces by some punk kid. I can't support an imposter, which this guy is, maybe he will be a good coach, no one knows but it doesn't look like he can handle GM duties, which he wasnt supposed to be to begin with.

Your right, i am not a draft expert, but guess what chief, a lot of the experts believe Josh has royally F'ed up this team since he has gotten here including todays events...

Why don't you watch a game or two the man coaches before going out on a limb saying he is tearing it apart. Yeah we are rebuilding, we needed to, the same old approach just wasn't cutting it. I think he gave alot up today but he drafted some of the best players available and all of them will be contributing come August/September. I'm more interested in the production we might get out of our old defensive unit if given some coaching and a gametime strategy.

Punisher
It hurts me to see the comments that Denver traded a Top Ten Pick who's to know we win the Super Bowl and Traded the 32 pick.

Never give up on your team NEVER.

anon
04-25-2009, 10:15 PM
McBath IS A safety. He used to play cornerback -- which is a plus to me.

The only pick that puzzles me a bit is Quinn, but I expect he'll be a solid player. That seems to be the theme of this draft -- just a set of solid, football players, most with strong records of actual performance in college, not workout warriors or athletes with eyepopping measurables.

It reminds me a bit of of the Al Wilson and Dumervil picks: two guys who were not prototype size for the positions they played, but had strong records of performance in college. And they turned out to be (at least) solid contributors.

If we could have a few good years of just picking solid players, our overall team depth will be much better, which will mean better special teams and second unit play.

Denver724
04-25-2009, 10:20 PM

Now your response is original.

garandman
04-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Why don't you watch a game or two the man coaches before going out on a limb saying he is tearing it apart. Yeah we are rebuilding, we needed to, the same old approach just wasn't cutting it. I think he gave alot up today but he drafted some of the best players available and all of them will be contributing come August/September. I'm more interested in the production we might get out of our old defensive unit if given some coaching and a gametime strategy.

Hey man, I appreciate a level response. I am angry about this offseason, and I will give the man a chance to coach and I think he CAN be a good coach, but christ he shouldn't have so much control over personnel decisions, Not one ex-player, GM, or coach thought he made the right decisions (see cutler) this off-season. Now this 2nd round is more than bizarre, it screams incompetence...

kamakazi_kal
04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm more interested in the production we might get out of our old defensive unit if given some coaching and a gametime strategy.

DUDE what? .............. NO man, NO.

The coach and strategy don't tackle runners. Our old line is now undersized to run Nolan's D.

Never Trust a Snake
04-25-2009, 10:22 PM
That seems to be the theme of this draft -- just a set of solid, football players, most with strong records of actual performance in college, not workout warriors or athletes with eyepopping measurables.

Ayers has a strong record of actual performance? 7 sacks in 2 years.

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Now your response is original. Dumb***!

There is a difference between a fan and drone. Drones refuse to ask questions or criticize and the FO does. I have a feeling that regardless of what the picks were today, even if we had the Raiders draft, you would be lovin it. And even worse, you would be defending it.

scttgrd
04-25-2009, 10:26 PM

Don't confuse them with facts, McDaniels picked him. He is hall of fame bound. Whats wrong with you?ROFL!

Broncojef
04-25-2009, 10:26 PM
So drafting cornerback Darcel McBath and moving him to safety doesn't count?

What about drafting a blocking tight end Richard Quinn at a 2nd round position where he needs to catch to validate the selection. Quinn has 12 career catches at UNC and all of the sudden he's a NFL quality receiving TE because he looked good in a drill at the combine?

McBath is a Safety. he was drafted a Safety and stay a Safety.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2009&id=24778&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fdraftyear%3d200 9%26id%3d24778

Quinn is a blocking TE like Graham, he doesn't need to catch crap to be validated, he was drafted to block for our stud RB Moreno. He was drafted a TE and will stay a TE see the theme here?

kamakazi_kal
04-25-2009, 10:30 PM
McBath is a Safety. he was drafted a Safety and stay a Safety.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2009&id=24778&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl draft%2fdraft%2ftracker%2fplayer%3fdraftyear%3d200 9%26id%3d24778

Quinn is a blocking TE like Graham, he doesn't need to catch crap to be validated, he was drafted to block for our stud RB Moreno. He was drafted a TE and will stay a TE see the theme here?

The theme is we still need a ton of DL help. The most glaring problem on the team and we did basicly everything but help.

Broncojef
04-25-2009, 10:30 PM
DUDE what? .............. NO man, NO.

The coach and strategy don't tackle runners. Our old line is now undersized to run Nolan's D.

I agree we have pieces we need and by no means are there personnel wise. I think we are still 2-3 years away from a true SuperBowl team and there is no way to build that in one year. What I am excited about is losing the Defensive coaching staff. I never had a clue what their gameplan was week to week and doubt if our guys did either. I'm not sure our DC even knew who should be starting, we looked better with our back-up talent most weeks.

Never Trust a Snake
04-25-2009, 10:33 PM

The reason why Quinn's value skyrocketed is because of a receiving display he put on at the combine.

A strictly blocking tight end wouldn't go that high in the draft unless scouts felt he showed projection as a receiver.

Part of this pick is Denver gambling on Quinn's raw pass catching tools. He did nothing in actual college games to prove he was a capable NFL receiver.

anon
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM

Ayers is more boom or bust, but is highly rated. In any case, defensive lineman seem to be harder to project. Crowder was a solid performer at Texas and he hasn't shown much since coming into the league. And even Mario Williams took some time to begin justifying his draft position. Did you actually hate the pick or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

I am not entirely happy with the value we gave up to get what we got in the second round, but I am consoled by some confidence that these picks will make the team and contribute.

Archer81
04-25-2009, 10:35 PM
Right here. Its obvious the team is building a ball control offense, which in theory, should limit the time your defense is on the field. Its also apparent the team feels the defense was not so devoid of talent that they need to burn more picks on a front 7 that may not need a talent boost, but a better scheme. As for the defensive backs taken, both starters are over 30 and our depth could be better. Be positive, its just the draft.

:Broncos:

Kaylore
04-25-2009, 10:36 PM
I'm a McDaniels supporter I guess. I feel we should give him our full support and then if he does suck we'll know that it's him and it wasn't us not giving him a full chance. I'm going to let the season play out before I say he sucks or is awesome, etc.

And we overspent in the draft. I get that. But can anyone say the guys we took were bad players? I mean we don't know for sure, but they were really good, smart football players and we basically went BPA (with the exception of the safety, though I guess on their board he was BPA).

I remember a time when guys like Atlas were really into telling people to calm down and wait for the season to play out before jumping off the cliff. How weird things have become.

Never Trust a Snake
04-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Ayers is more boom or bust, but is highly rated. In any case, defensive lineman seem to be harder to project. Crowder was a solid performer at Texas and he hasn't shown much since coming into the league. And even Mario Williams took some time to begin justifying his draft position. Did you actually hate the pick or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

No, I think Ayers is an intriging pick. But I don't want to hear horse**** about the Patriot Way taking successful college players as opposed to Shanahan taking raw, workout guys. That's a load of crap. Everybody in the NFL Draft is a successful college player.

lazarus4444
04-25-2009, 10:42 PM
And we will be giving up a lot lot lot lot lot lot more points on D. Did you notice that our front 7 still sucks? Are you aware that we are still undersized in the front 7? And by the way, we still cant rush the passer...

Props to montrose: (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2396583&postcount=1)WOLB: Elvis Dumervil, Jarvis Moss
WILB: DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard
SILB: Andra Davis, Spencer Larsen, Mario Haggan
SOLB: Robert Ayers, Darrell Reid, Boss Bailey, Tim Crowder, Louis Green

DE: Kenny Peterson, Matthias Askew
NT: Marcus Thomas, Ronald Fields, J'Vonne Parker
DE: Carlton Powell (Denver's Secret) (http://www.milehighreport.com/2009/4/2/819053/carlton-powell-denvers-secret), Ryan McBean

Marcus Thomas NT? Not sure yet but i think he'll be an impact player. NT is a concern but perhaps powell can play some there as well. Ron Fields will probably be rotating with whoever we pickup in the rest of the draft tomorrow or a trade with CLE (Scheffler for Shaun Rogers?).

Plus our kick ass secondary:

CB: Champ Bailey, Josh Bell, Rashod Moulton
CB: Andre' Goodman, Alphonso Smith, Jack Williams
FS: Renaldo Hill, Darcel McBath, Vernon Fox
SS: Brian Dawkins, Josh Barrett, Herena Daze-Jones

This is a new scheme that makes it very difficult for offenses to game plan against. Not to mention we still have an ENTIRE second day of the draft, rounds 3-7 to go. I'm hoping we pick up Graham Harrell QB in the 6th or 7th.

Overall I think if the guys can gel in the locker room we're a playoff team :strong:

Laz :bronxrox:

Broncojef
04-25-2009, 10:42 PM
The theme is we still need a ton of DL help. The most glaring problem on the team and we did basicly everything but help.

I know we need more DL help but just can't be too upset at picking value, if these guys are the best at the positions we selected them. Picking another Dorsett Davis, Monsanto Pope, Nick Eason, Bryant McNeal, Clint Mitchell, Jerry Johnson, Jarvis Moss, Tim Crowder, Marcus thomas for the sake of picking them because we have a need doesn't interest me. Raji is probably the only guy they should have looked at trading up for but if they weren't going to do that then I think this draft is about the best we could hope for.

uplink
04-25-2009, 10:43 PM
McDaniels lives or dies on this season. Either the Broncos win, or he is gone. I am not ready to say that he is a disaster, just that he has gone all in. If he busts. He is gone.

Agree. He picked players that will make the team and see the field next year maybe in a limited role but will contribute. Smith in nickel, McBath covering pass catching TEs, Quinn in the power running sets. Ayers with flexibility to play on the DL or LB. Moreno will be a starter.

Broncojef
04-25-2009, 10:45 PM
The reason why Quinn's value skyrocketed is because of a receiving display he put on at the combine.

A strictly blocking tight end wouldn't go that high in the draft unless scouts felt he showed projection as a receiver.

Part of this pick is Denver gambling on Quinn's raw pass catching tools. He did nothing in actual college games to prove he was a capable NFL receiver.

My argument isn't how Denver will use him they drafted him as a TE and will use him as a TE. If they want to pass to him fine but his true value is as a blocker for a running game not as a pass catcher. Graham made a big deal about being a pass catcher too when he came here and his role is still primarily as a blocker.

Jekyll15Hyde
04-25-2009, 10:46 PM
DE: Kenny Peterson, Matthias Askew
NT: Marcus Thomas, Ronald Fields, J'Vonne Parker
DE: Carlton Powell, Ryan McBean

Thomas is not even close the anchor you need at NT.

The above lineup has me afraid. Very afraid.

The secondary is better, but they all look like sh1t if there is no pressure on the QB

anon
04-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Tell me where I said Shanahan took raw, workout guys or compared this draft to one of Shanahan's? Or where I mentioned the "Patriot Way". I just said that most of the picks this year are known for being "football players" and not necessarily great measurables.

Yes, simple numbers tell us that the college players who do get drafted are the cream of the collegiate crop, but some animals are more equal than others.

Relax.

No, I think Ayers is an intriging pick. But I don't want to hear horse**** about the Patriot Way taking successful college players as opposed to Shanahan taking raw, workout guys. That's a load of crap. Everybody in the NFL Draft is a successful college player.

Popps
04-25-2009, 10:49 PM
Thomas is not even close the anchor you need at NT.

The above lineup has me afraid. Very afraid.

The secondary is better, but they all look like sh1t if there is no pressure on the QB

Pressure on the QB in the 3-4 comes from your OLBs. (See Pittsburgh's stats last year for further explanation.)

We need three strong guys inside to tie up blockers and stuff the run. Do we have that? I don't know, yet... but our pass-rushers will be Ayers and Doomervil, probably among others.

Never Trust a Snake
04-25-2009, 10:52 PM
My argument isn't how Denver will use him they drafted him as a TE and will use him as a TE. If they want to pass to him fine but his true value is as a blocker for a running game not as a pass catcher. Graham made a big deal about being a pass catcher too when he came here and his role is still primarily as a blocker.

Daniel Graham was a good pass receiver at Colorado.

Quinn is a complete unknown as a receiver . He's a project. If he can't be an asset in the passing game, you basically took Chad Mustard in the second round. My point is he better hold his own as a pass receiver or else he's not a tight end. Tight ends have to catch.

WABronco
04-25-2009, 11:05 PM

Well ya if he goes 1-15 or whatever like Cam Cameron did he's probably not looking too good. Go ahead and think that that's going to happen...

The MVPlaya
04-25-2009, 11:08 PM
I'm right here. Waiting for the season to start so I can see everyone jump on the bandwagon and apologize like some bitches.

Anyways -

This is not a make or break it season. You don't insert a HC into a losing team and then tell him to win or leave...that's a horrible investment. This is an investment at h/c.

Hyped up for Day 2 and then the long wait begins.

enjolras
04-25-2009, 11:08 PM
Definitely an unknown. North Carolina didn't throw the ball much (around 80th in the country as best I can tell in attempts). They where very much a run oriented offense.. I didn't watch any snaps the tarheels played this year, but looking at the stats the character of the offense is pretty clear.

With Quinn it looks like a complete unknown. You have to go on his workouts as a guide, as his game experience just isn't there. That said, I like what he brings to the table as a blocker.

Kaylore
04-25-2009, 11:09 PM

Quinn is a complete unknown as a receiver . He's a project. If he can't be an asset in the passing game, you basically took Chad Mustard in the second round.
That's the stupidest comparison I've read in the last month.

Malcontent
04-25-2009, 11:09 PM

Quinn is a complete unknown as a receiver . He's a project. If he can't be an asset in the passing game, you basically took Chad Mustard in the second round. My point is he better hold his own as a pass receiver or else he's not a tight end. Tight ends have to catch.

True Snake...but most reports are showing Denver moving towards a run first offense, especially with Moreno in the fold...A great blocking TE is much more valuable now...Hard to see the Sharpe days fade away..But, maybe the Quinn kid can catch a pass we will see.

SoCalBronco
04-25-2009, 11:10 PM
This is a new scheme that makes it very difficult for offenses to game plan against.

Yeah, its going to be a real biatch to scheme against Kenny Peterson, Carlton Powell/Ron Fields and Marcus Thomas on the DL. How the **** are opposing OL going to get their hands on the LB's?

I bet we're going to be in the backfield all day. :)

lex
04-25-2009, 11:24 PM

Didnt 3 of those come against Arkansas State?

Doggcow
04-25-2009, 11:43 PM
Roster Comparison:

Quarterback:
Jay Cutler Vs. Kyle Orton / Chris Simms - Point goes to Shanahan

Runningback:
Selvin Young/Tatem Bell/Whoever Vs. Knowshon Moreno/Hillis/Whoever - Ill take Moreno, McDaniels Point

OL/TE/FB/WR- Wash, no real change

DL- McDaniels Point, no contest
LB- McDaniels Point, no contest
Safety- McDaniels Point, no contest
Corner- Wash, too early to tell, Bly was still solid but not outstanding.

Defensive Coordinator
15 Yard Cushion King vs. Mike Nolan - McDaniels Point, no contest

Special Teams- I'd wager they can't be much worse, but a wash at this point.

OLD BRONCOS - 1 NEW BRONCOS - 5

Bronco X
04-26-2009, 12:26 AM
I want to support McDaniels... I really do... and I've been hoping he'll prove everyone wrong... I mean I'm TRYING to give him a chance but he's been so damn obtuse since he got here that he's not even giving me a chance to give him a chance. Bowlen is an idiot for giving him so much say over personnel... bring him in to coach but putting so much faith in a guy so inexperienced is like playing russian roulette with the franchise.

Atwater His Ass
04-26-2009, 12:42 AM
A guy who caught 12 passes last season. Yeah, a real unknown. But hey, let's trade up to get him.

watermock
04-26-2009, 01:07 AM
McDummy.

cutthemdown
04-26-2009, 02:34 AM
I choose to wait and see how the players actually play until I get pissed about the picks.

No one liked Royal, now everyone loves him. It's as simple as this, new cornerback play like crap = picks were bad, New cornerbacks play really = picks really good.

Obviously the new coaches feel the worst talent was in secondary and that they can work with some of the dlineman like Powell etc.

You need a lot of corners and let's face it Bailey is getting older, his brother may be cut soon, and he may not want to stick around after this yr is over. Broncos may be loading up to trade him next yr.

Never Trust a Snake
04-26-2009, 03:05 AM
True Snake...but most reports are showing Denver moving towards a run first offense, especially with Moreno in the fold...A great blocking TE is much more valuable now...Hard to see the Sharpe days fade away..But, maybe the Quinn kid can catch a pass we will see.

It's nice to have a run blocking tight end. If you're going to take him in the second round, he has to be an asset in the passing game. 12 career NCAA receptions doesn't cut it.

Never Trust a Snake
04-26-2009, 03:37 AM
That's the stupidest comparison I've read in the last month.

Broncojef said Quinn doesn't need to catch ****, he's just here to block like Daniel Graham.

That's not true though. Graham is an asset as a pass receiver. He's not a one-trick pony even though run blocking is his bread-and-butter.

NYBronco
04-26-2009, 03:41 AM

Round 2 WTF!!!!

This McDaniel fool and crazy man is right here.

I need time to be able to defend the decisions made in yesterdays day one draft. But I'm not so doom and gloom as you seem to be. I shall put my faith in McDaniels and his coaches concerning the decisions being made.

elsid13
04-26-2009, 04:13 AM
I will say it was some interesting decisions. I like Smith, think he is a steal at CB, but the giving away picks, especial one the next years first is amazing and removes flexibility from the board. The TE selection for the two third, must have had the Pittsburgh front office laughing its ass off.

Gruden said it best on NFLN when he stated " I don't what Denver doing, and I don't think they do ether."

watermock
04-26-2009, 04:29 AM
Gruden said it best on NFLN when he stated " I don't what Denver doing, and I don't think they do ether."

I would die to have Gruden here. Actually, anyone but McDummmmmmy.

The TE selection for the two third, must have had the Pittsburgh front office laughing its ass off.

Oh, BTW, Pitt didn't trade Big Ben for a 5-9 corner either.

Christ, we could of gotten Sanchez for all we gave away...

But Josh can make Chicken salad out of chicken poop.

rmsanger
04-26-2009, 04:59 AM
Roster Comparison:

Quarterback:

Runningback:
Selvin Young/Tatem Bell/Whoever Vs. Knowshon Moreno/Hillis/Whoever - Ill take Moreno, McDaniels Point

Defensive Coordinator

Your analysis is useless rubbish:

1) McDaniels has the benefit of an extra free agent offseason / draft so you cannot compare against the base Shanahan team.

2) Bringing in Nolan was an independent action compared with firing Shanny. If Bowlen grew a pair he could have fired Slowick and brought in Nolan while keeping Shanny.

3) I argue that the team dymanics/chemistry are now shattered. Our offsense had great continuitiy last year; only the defense needed to be repaired. Specifically we needed a better FS and a DT and our D would have been inproved greatly.

Instead we have gutted the best unit of our team and replaced it with garbage/filler and brought in a 40 year old saftey to energize the D.

I spit at / duece on Bowlen's grave and wish McDaniels first born comes down with Aids.

elsid13
04-26-2009, 05:03 AM
Roster Comparison:

Quarterback:

Runningback:

Defensive Coordinator

Since Shanahan brought in the OL/TE/FB/WR he wins those positions.

watermock
04-26-2009, 05:23 AM
Since Shanahan brought in the OL/TE/FB/WR he wins those positions.

And QB?

We just traded any hope of getting another franchise QB. The Bears will be no worse than 8-8.

eddie mac
04-26-2009, 05:44 AM
Your analysis is useless rubbish:

1) McDaniels has the benefit of an extra free agent offseason / draft so you cannot compare against the base Shanahan team.

2) Bringing in Nolan was an independent action compared with firing Shanny. If Bowlen grew a pair he could have fired Slowick and brought in Nolan while keeping Shanny.
3) I argue that the team dymanics/chemistry are now shattered. Our offsense had great continuitiy last year; only the defense needed to be repaired. Specifically we needed a better FS and a DT and our D would have been inproved greatly.

Instead we have gutted the best unit of our team and replaced it with garbage/filler and brought in a 40 year old saftey to energize the D.

I spit at / duece on Bowlen's grave and wish McDaniels first born comes down with Aids.

That was Shanahan's call not Bowlen's. Do you honestly think Mike would have stood back and let Bowlen hire and fire his coaches???

Get a grip of reality.

Lolad
04-26-2009, 05:46 AM
Alphonso Smith is one inch taller and 5 pounds heavier than Darrent Williams was with the same skills.

Smith is also taller than last years fav Jack Williams.

As we learned with Darrent height means little. It's about the play on the field and the heart of the player.

I'm not going to knock the pick. But to compare him to D.Will is just dumb. Sorry to say but he got burned on a lot of plays and was just as much a liability in coverage as Bly was. After he died a lot of people forgot what used to happen on the field

chex
04-26-2009, 05:53 AM
So let me see, our defense is horrible, our drafting and free agent signing of defensive players the past 5 years has been absolutely pitiful, yet everyone didn't want Shanahan and Co. to leave? So the answer is to blame the guy in charge of trying to get things back on the right track, and because we didn't necessarily reach for position like we did two years ago when we drafted Moss (who we traded up for), Crowder, and Thomas, everyone is certain we've regressed.

I posted a week or two ago that I didn't care what position we drafted necessarily, as long we got guys at those positions who were the best, or at least very good, at what they do. Everything I've read about Moreno, Ayers, Smith, and McBath says they are playmakers, which is what we desperately need EVERYWHERE, and Quinn is regarded as one of the best blockers at the TE position. So instead of just drafting DL just for the sake, it appears we went with guys who are universally acknowledged as being actual players, who make a difference when they're on the field. I guess lessons weren't learned from the 2007 draft. I don't like trading away draft picks, but I'll be very happy with quality over quantity.

And really, who on here has interviewed these kids, broken down film on them, or conducted background checks on them? Raise your hand if you did, and tell us what you know then please.

TheChamp24
04-26-2009, 06:01 AM
Roster Comparison:

Quarterback:

Runningback:

Defensive Coordinator

I want to know how you can say McDaniels wins certain areas with basically the same players as before, like LB's and DL, and yet its a wash in WR and OL, positions that Shanahan built himself to become top tier.

watermock
04-26-2009, 06:01 AM
That was Shanahan's call not Bowlen's. Do you honestly think Mike would have stood back and let Bowlen hire and fire his coaches???

Get a grip of reality.

He would of had no choice but to resign. Pretty simple. Shanahan looks meek compared to the arrogance of McDummy.

At least Bowlen did it to his face, not behind his back.

eddie mac
04-26-2009, 06:03 AM

Round 2 WTF!!!!

Go support another team you ****nugget.

Lolad
04-26-2009, 06:05 AM
So let me see, our defense is horrible, our drafting and free agent signing of defensive players the past 5 years has been absolutely pitiful, yet everyone didn't want Shanahan and Co. to leave? So the answer is to blame the guy in charge of trying to get things back on the right track, and because we didn't necessarily reach for position like we did two years ago when we drafted Moss (who we traded up for), Crowder, and Thomas, everyone is certain we've regressed.

I posted a week or two ago that I didn't care what position we drafted necessarily, as long we got guys at those positions who were the best, or at least very good, at what they do. Everything I've read about Moreno, Ayers, Smith, and McBath says they are playmakers, which is what we desperately need EVERYWHERE, and Quinn is regarded as one of the best blockers at the TE position. So instead of just drafting DL just for the sake, it appears we went with guys who are universally acknowledged as being actual players, who make a difference when they're on the field. I guess lessons weren't learned from the 2007 draft. I don't like trading away draft picks, but I'll be very happy with quality over quantity.

And really, who on here has interviewed these kids, broken down film on them, or conducted background checks on them? Raise your hand if you did, and tell us what you know then please.

What the heck do you mean reach? There were Defensive BPA's available that were graded higher then all of our current picks. We gave up 2 3rd rounds picks for a damn blocking TE that was graded to go in the 5th rd maybe 4th! How can you defend that?

I support the Broncos wholeheartedly. But something has to give, our FO gave too much in the 2nd. Now we dont have any 3rd rd picks, and something tells me we will be trading up again to get back in the 3rd. Maybe next years 1st and 2nd for a K/P!!!

ol number 7
04-26-2009, 06:13 AM
1. Not a big problem, but I still think Wells was better. Time will tell though. Also, we just signed how many RB's ?
2 No real issue with Ayers
3. Was corner really our biggest need. Was it worth next years first?
4. Yeah, this safety was so great that half of the board had never heard of him till today
5. A ****ing TE. Are you serious. Can we draft waterboys as well.

How you think they feel in Oakland today, Another speed receiver??

That's crappy draft'n boy

chex
04-26-2009, 06:27 AM
What the heck do you mean reach? There were Defensive BPA's available that were graded higher then all of our current picks. We gave up 2 3rd rounds picks for a damn blocking TE that was graded to go in the 5th rd maybe 4th! How can you defend that?

I support the Broncos wholeheartedly. But something has to give, our FO gave too much in the 2nd. Now we dont have any 3rd rd picks, and something tells me we will be trading up again to get back in the 3rd. Maybe next years 1st and 2nd for a K/P!!!

In 2007, we decided we needed DL, and drafted them 3 out of 4 picks. The top 2 will probably be cut or traded, the third we took might follow soon thereafter. So we put all our eggs in one basket, and then dropped the basket. Now we're even further behind because of it. I'm just guessing here, but I'm thinking we drafted guys that are playmakers, and not just need players. Also, this draft is considered weak, yet I've read many positive things about our guys. The defensive guys we passed over, alot of them had question marks. Even Raji, who the Packers were never going to let go of, tested positve for marijuana. There were no slam dunks in this draft. Even Curry has question marks.

Possibly they are thinking either there's some guys today they can get, or we'll just build this team and defense one step at a time. We signed some guys in the offseason, probably to hold the fort until we can get guys that we think fit us best. It's crazy to think we were gonna draft a whole new defense in the first two rounds. If the guys we took turn out to be as advertised, I will be very, very happy.

EDIT: also, it's nice to have a franchise type back, instead of taking guys in the late rounds thinking we can turn them to gold. Everyone says it's easier to get franchise backs, but I don't recall us having one since we traded Portis, so I guess it ain't that easy.

scorpio
04-26-2009, 06:31 AM

I'm still waiting for you to show me where the OP said McDaniels has one season, you illiterate chimp.

chex
04-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Yeah, this safety was so great that half of the board had never heard of him till today

This perfectly sums everything up. I don't care if you or anyone else on here ever heard of the guy. Apparently those that actually do the scouting have, and thats all I care about. He was no mystery to scouts and front office types around the league. These guys actually do more than read other people's mock drafts and post about them like they know more than everyone else.

Classic, a guy is a bust because half of the Orange Mane never heard of him. Just goes to show people just want the names, not the players.

TailgateNut
04-26-2009, 06:40 AM

LOL

Traveler
04-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Right here!

I've said numerous times that I'll withhold judgement until after the season is completed. Can't speak for everyone, but it still seems like some folks are still accustomed to the way Shanahan ran the draft and chose players. Fourteen years of the same ol, same ol will do that.

As for the picks, I'm guessing that since the defensive players the FO may have originally targeted were off the board, Plan B was to draft the BPA that also filled a need. Did we possibly overspend in picks in the 2nd round? Yes, but at least they had the sack and were willing to acquire the players they thought fit the new system being put in place.

With the drafting in Moreno, many will question signing 3 RB's in FA (me included). As I look at this long term, is anyone really sold on Buckhalter or Jordan as long term back for the franchise? Didn't think so. Also, having an abundance of workmanlike backs makes for possible trade bait.

I expect that the interior of both lines will be addressed today. Folks shouldn't become so enamored/attached with so-called name players. Not all the 32 teams can be wrong when name players like Maualuga & Laurinaitis fall to the second round.

So, I suggest that we all just sit back, see who we get today, let them go through all the camps and the season before passing judgement on this draft.

TailgateNut
04-26-2009, 06:44 AM
Sad times for THE TRUE FANS, ............................................. which means we're DOOMED TO SUCK .

I have a "noose" you can borrow to end YOUR misery.:rofl:

chex
04-26-2009, 06:46 AM
Right here!

With the drafting in Moreno, many will question signing 3 RB's in FA (me included). As I look at this long term, is anyone really sold on Buckhalter or Jordan as long term back for the franchise? Didn't think so. Also, having an abundance of workmanlike backs makes for possible trade bait.

It's possible they had Raji and/or Maybin as their guy, and when both went off, they went with BPA. I don't know. I'm not stating this as fact, or stating we had a chance to trade up just because someone picked up our phone call.

It's not like we couldn't use Moreno. Those guys we signed might have been insurance or competition if we didn't come out with a guy like Moreno.

TailgateNut
04-26-2009, 07:04 AM

:thumbsup:

You know, it's either they hated Shanahan, or loved him. Then it's hateing Jay, or carrying his balls. Hate of Brandon, or defending each of his screw ups......Blah Blah Blah.....

It's tiring to watch the constant whine based on the belief that ONE man, player or coaching staff makes, or breaks this TEAM.

TEAM, being the key word.

During our SB winning seasons we had a great TEAM. Contrary to popular belief,TD didn't win the Lombardi on his own. There was a great "cast" of players on the team.

I'll wait to see how the season works out, and regardless of that outcome, I'll look forward to the following season.

Life will go on.:~ohyah!:

DrFate
04-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Alphonso Smith was rated the 5th best cornerback on the board and we all know Champ and Goodman aren't young.

Why does it make sense to spend a 2010 first round pick (with the potential to be a top 10 pick) on the 5th best corner in a weak draft?

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 07:16 AM
Just 'bump' this thread when we get masacred @ Cincy in our opener......MCD will get a 2nd season--but no more. Perhaps Kubes will be available in 2011........

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 07:17 AM
Why does it make sense to spend a 2010 first round pick (with the potential to be a top 10 pick) on the 5th best corner in a weak draft?

It doesn't--particularly when that pick WILL wind up being top 10. Was Smith worth a top 10 pick? Apparently to the dolts in our FO he was.......

DrFate
04-26-2009, 07:19 AM
You don't insert a HC into a losing team and then tell him to win or leave...that's a horrible investment.

Which team are you following? The Broncos were 8-8 last year.

gyldenlove
04-26-2009, 07:22 AM

Holy cow, I have seen a lot of crazy things in my day, I have seen atoms dance and people sleeping standing up without support. But calling Mcbath the best playmaking safety in the draft is by a wide margin the craziest thing I have EVER seen.

Moreno = Best RB in the draft, struggles to pick up yards some times (should be the best as he was the first one picked)

Ayers = The best DE/OLB? really? a guy who couldn't crack out double digit sacks for his CAREER and has the same 10 yard time as many DTs. Ayers will be a runstopping end and nothing more, he is only a pass rushing threat to rubber cones.

Alphonso Smith = Nickel CB. Did we really have to spend a 1st round pick in a very strong draft to get a CB who will see the field on 40% of the plays?

Darcel Mcbath = Free safeties still left to be drafted include Chip Vaughn and Rashard Johnson, I think we could have gotten this fella in the 3rd round easily if we had kept any of our 3rd round picks.

Richard Quinn = Blocking TE, who did we move ahead of here to get this guy? Kansas City?

Essentially we got Kyle Orton who is so good he can't beat out Simms, two situational players (at best) and Robert Ayers who is too slow to play the outside and too small to play the inside for Jay Cutler. Does that seem like a good deal to anyone else?

gyldenlove
04-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Right here!

I've said numerous times that I'll withhold judgement until after the season is completed. Can't speak for everyone, but it still seems like some folks are still accustomed to the way Shanahan ran the draft and chose players. Fourteen years of the same ol, same ol will do that.

As for the picks, I'm guessing that since the defensive players the FO may have originally targeted were off the board, Plan B was to draft the BPA that also filled a need. Did we possibly overspend in picks in the 2nd round? Yes, but at least they had the sack and were willing to acquire the players they thought fit the new system being put in place.

I expect that the interior of both lines will be addressed today. Folks shouldn't become so enamored/attached with so-called name players. Not all the 32 teams can be wrong when name players like Maualuga & Laurinaitis fall to the second round.

So, I suggest that we all just sit back, see who we get today, let them go through all the camps and the season before passing judgement on this draft.

I like this argument, at least they are willing to make mistakes and that is a good thing. I see it this way, they made mistakes and that is a bad thing.

If you are not sold on Buckhalter and Jordan, as I am not, then why bring them in and pay them good money? Nobody wanted to sign Jordan and Buckhalter back when they were free, who is going to give up anything for them now that most teams have picked rookie RBs with fewer injuries, more tread on the tires and a smaller price tag? The only team right now who seem silly enough to trade for players like that are the Broncos.

You get the BPA concept all wrong there, BPA means you take the best player available to you. You don't trade up to get players. Clearly they were targeting Quinn and Smith and instead of growing a pair and waiting to see if they fell, they pulled a Shanahan and gave up good value to move up ahead of teams who might not have picked those players. I bet some of you here defending the moves criticized Shanahan for doing the same thing with Moss in 2007.

Breaker
04-26-2009, 07:31 AM
What we could have drafted

Rd Player Scouts Inc Rating 1-100

1. Brian Orakpo De 95
1b. Peria Jerry DT 91
2a. Rey Rey ILB 91
2b. Sean Smith DB 82

Absolutely idiotic that we took who we did in the first two rounds.

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 07:37 AM
What we could have drafted

Rd Player Scouts Inc Rating 1-100

1. Brian Orakpo De 95
1b. Peria Jerry DT 91
2a. Rey Rey ILB 91
2b. Sean Smith DB 82

Absolutely idiotic that we took who we did in the first two rounds.

Um-as much as I have been saying that I wanted Moreno in the 1st (but @ 18)--your draft would certainly give me hope for our defense and looks very good.......Giving up next year's #1, drafting 'DURACELL' and the trade for the TE @ the end of round 2 was REALLY horrific IMHO.......

521 1N5
04-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Mcdaniels Supporters, Where Are U Now!

Right here. :welcome:

chex
04-26-2009, 07:43 AM
I'm actually heartened by the boards negative responses.

Everyone was thrilled as **** when we took Moss, Crowder and traded up for Thomas.

Everyone hated the Royal pick, and how Scheffler from a school like Western Michigan was a reach in Round 2.

Now those same people complain our defense sucks, and they love Royal and don't want to trade Scheffler.

joe9999
04-26-2009, 07:44 AM

We are all Bronco fans on this forum. Some of you beyond all reason are supporting the terrible decisions. It is sickening to watch this once proud organization is driven into the ground. I want Chicago to do well to spread more egg on the face of Bowlen and McDouche to get rid of them sooner rather than later.

Breaker
04-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Um-as much as I have been saying that I wanted Moreno in the 1st (but @ 18)--your draft would certainly give me hope for our defense and looks very good.......Giving up next year's #1, drafting 'DURACELL' and the trade for the TE @ the end of round 2 was REALLY horrific IMHO.......

The moves by McIdiot are absolutely indefensible. Does anyone else realize that we essentially just traded a Pro Bowl QB for a single #1 draft pick?

Then we traded two valuable 3rds for a Blocking TE that we easily could have had in the 4th, 5th, or 6th. I wonder in Mcidiot is actually attempting to sabotage this team then run back to the Pats right before the beginning of the year.

~Crash~
04-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Holy cow, I have seen a lot of crazy things in my day, I have seen atoms dance and people sleeping standing up without support. But calling Mcbath the best playmaking safety in the draft is by a wide margin the craziest thing I have EVER seen.

Moreno = Best RB in the draft, struggles to pick up yards some times (should be the best as he was the first one picked)

Ayers = The best DE/OLB? really? a guy who couldn't crack out double digit sacks for his CAREER and has the same 10 yard time as many DTs. Ayers will be a runstopping end and nothing more, he is only a pass rushing threat to rubber cones.

Alphonso Smith = Nickel CB. Did we really have to spend a 1st round pick in a very strong draft to get a CB who will see the field on 40% of the plays?

Darcel Mcbath = Free safeties still left to be drafted include Chip Vaughn and Rashard Johnson, I think we could have gotten this fella in the 3rd round easily if we had kept any of our 3rd round picks.

Richard Quinn = Blocking TE, who did we move ahead of here to get this guy? Kansas City?

Essentially we got Kyle Orton who is so good he can't beat out Simms, two situational players (at best) and Robert Ayers who is too slow to play the outside and too small to play the inside for Jay Cutler. Does that seem like a good deal to anyone else?

it is actually worse but you are close .

Hulamau
04-26-2009, 08:42 AM

Alphonso Smith - A top rate corner in a 5' 9" body. He dominated college ball and how many 5' 9" corners do you know that get multiple sacks, cause fumbles and get interceptions? This guy is a PLAYER. i don't care if he is short, he's a player and loves football so this is a great pick and he'll help out day 1.

From NFL.COM (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/alphonso-smith?id=80435)

Seems to me that Alphonso is an elite athlete that packs a punch and will totally help us out this year as this guy has a nose for the football. His potential is unlimited at this point and even though he's short he'll have a solid + career. Not to mention that Bailey isn't getting any younger so to get a dynamic corner to learn from Bailey is pretty ****ing awesome if you ask me.

Darcel McBath - NFL.com profile (http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/darcel-mcbath?id=71391#player-profile-tab-set-1:player-profile-tab-analysis)

I don't know about you but an all around player in the secondary to replace BDawk in a couple years is not a bad thing. The guy has the physical tools and smarts to play strong safety and can defend the run or pass. He will help the Broncos because he is a leader and has a nose for the ball. Not to mention he will learn the ropes from a future HOF'er in Brian Dawkins. That certainly can't hurt.

Richard Quinn - One of the things Coach McDaniels has stated since he has been the Broncos head coach is that all three phases of the game need significant improvement. One of those things is the offense and its dismal attempts at scoring last year which ended up in constant frusteration. Richard Quinn is a punishing blocker who along with graham and our line help Moreno score a LOT of touchdowns in McDaniels system. Some more about him:

From Carolina Blue (http://northcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=939796)

Laz

Great post Laz!

Hulamau
04-26-2009, 08:47 AM
We are all Bronco fans on this forum. Some of you beyond all reason are supporting the terrible decisions. It is sickening to watch this once proud organization is driven into the ground. I want Chicago to do well to spread more egg on the face of Bowlen and McDouche to get rid of them sooner rather than later.

Bla Bla Bla ... spoken like a 'true fan' ... You want the team to do poorly to satisfy a bent ego ...

Hulamau
04-26-2009, 08:56 AM
The moves by McIdiot are absolutely indefensible. Does anyone else realize that we essentially just traded a Pro Bowl QB for a single #1 draft pick?

Then we traded two valuable 3rds for a Blocking TE that we easily could have had in the 4th, 5th, or 6th. I wonder in Mcidiot is actually attempting to sabotage this team then run back to the Pats right before the beginning of the year.

Quinn was likely gone before middle of the third as several teams were high on him for good reason. He fits a very specific and hard to fill nitch here. What DT was still available that you know for sure is better value, is better than anyone would might field this year at his position, and in his first year would contribute more to wins this year than Quinn might for us in our two and three TE formations in the redzone???

He can catch too, only UNC rarely threw it to the TE. Many reports laud his soft hands. You're dreaming if you think he would have been there in the late third.

Paladin
04-26-2009, 09:04 AM
I am here, too. But I do have questions about the Smith and Quinn pick. Paid a lot for the last three picks.

But I will not toss McD out until he consistently loses games. He has the right to expect an opportunity to put his team together and play it. As a fan, you can gripe all you want, but your final choice is to not watch the games and go support someone else or a different team. Many people who know a hella lot more about the game and the players than 3/4ths of the members of this board are saying that the Broncos' draft was a good one. Obviously, we will see rather soon.

The O had not been damaged at all, perhaps even enhanced. If your favorite big name D player wasn't picked, maybe you need to change your method of determining whom you select as your favorite big name player....

I questioned Smith big time. But I didn't even know who the h3ll Dwill was, either. Kaylore says Smith is better than Dwill. Well, STFU and wait to see. Otherwise sell your TV or get tickets to something else.....

Most of the whiners claim they are being objective in their evaluations of McD. That's pure BS. If your objective is to whine, that's the way you will decide.....

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 09:14 AM
I am here, too. But I do have questions about the Smith and Quinn pick. Paid a lot for the last three picks.

But I will not toss McD out until he consistently loses games. He has the right to expect an opportunity to put his team together and play it. As a fan, you can gripe all you want, but your final choice is to not watch the games and go support someone else or a different team. Many people who know a hella lot more about the game and the players than 3/4ths of the members of this board are saying that the Broncos' draft was a good one. Obviously, we will see rather soon.

The O had not been damaged at all, perhaps even enhanced. If your favorite big name D player wasn't picked, maybe you need to change your method of determining whom you select as your favorite big name player....

I questioned Smith big time. But I didn't even know who the h3ll Dwill was, either. Kaylore says Smith is better than Dwill. Well, STFU and wait to see. Otherwise sell your TV or get tickets to something else.....

Most of the whiners claim they are being objective in their evaluations of McD. That's pure BS. If your objective is to whine, that's the way you will decide.....

Not true. I was very hapy with our round 1 selections--trading OUR #1 from next year for a 2nd rounder this year is illogical (kind of like trading a franchise QB) .

We started off pretty well in FA as well, I was very happy when we signed Dawkins--then the Cutler fiasco happens. MCD is making his own bed and some of us have the foresight to see that his irrational offseason plans will translate into IN SEASON futility..........here's to KUBES IN 2011!

Inkana7
04-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Not true. I was very hapy with our round 1 selections--trading OUR #1 from next year for a 2nd rounder this year is illogical (kind of like trading a franchise QB) .

We started off pretty well in FA as well, I was very happy when we signed Dawkins--then the Cutler fiasco happens. MCD is making his own bed and some of us have the foresight to see that his irrational offseason plans will translate into IN SEASON futility..........here's to KUBES IN 2011!

"Hire Andy Reid!"

TailgateNut
04-26-2009, 04:30 PM
Bla Bla Bla ... spoken like a 'true fan' ... You want the team to do poorly to satisfy a bent MANGINA ...

Fixed it for you.:wiggle:

Cool Breeze
04-26-2009, 04:36 PM
I'm right here and this should work out just fine.

DenverBrit
04-26-2009, 04:42 PM
We are all Bronco fans on this forum.

I want Chicago to do well to spread more egg on the face of Bowlen and McDouche to get rid of them sooner rather than later.

NO FAN EVER WANTS HIS TEAM TO FAIL.
Especially one who thinks he knows a good draft from a bad one the same day it's happening. Well done, Nostradumbass!!

mellow mood
04-26-2009, 04:46 PM
here as well and will wait to watch the team on the field before i pass judgment on him as a coach.

i like most all the picks, and if i had a complaint it is like most everyone else, the second round trades. Why give your first up next year? That just doesn't make sense to me but again, i like our player selections for the most part.

lex
04-26-2009, 04:53 PM
NO FAN EVER WANTS HIS TEAM TO FAIL.
Especially one who thinks he knows a good draft from a bad one the same day it's happening. Well done, Nostradumbass!!

Does a chess master never want to give up a pawn?

DenverBrit
04-26-2009, 05:00 PM
Does a chess master never want to give up a pawn?

Or does a coach make moves football dunces don't understand?? :clown:

broncofan7
04-26-2009, 05:38 PM
"Hire Andy Reid!"

If only he was available! He ponied up and got to the NFCCG when he knew he was on thin ice.....Kubes in 2011!

BroncoManCanuck
04-26-2009, 08:14 PM

So we get the best back available in the draft to support kyle orton because we dont have cutler anymore. we get what mike maylock calls the best d-lineman in the draft to improve our pass russ. and then we get a corner with possible first round talent to help our secondary that was not very good last year... and because of this you say he is tearing the team apart? dont get it

BroncoManCanuck
04-26-2009, 08:17 PM
It pretty much happened when we decided to address our secondary needs instead of our primary needs, THE F-ING D-LINE!

hello we got one of the best pass rushers in the draft... everyone thinks that drafting a crap load of d-linemen at once is gonna help. we tried that a couple years ago and it didnt work very well now did it. we have others needs on this team.

NFLBRONCO
04-26-2009, 08:28 PM
I hated alot of the moves we made trade value wise but, we did add youth a depth to aging spots. RB will help take pressure off our less talented QB's. I wish we had fixed our DL but, man we have had a bad one most of the time in last 10 years.

Baskin might be smug but, I do think his strength is teaching and running offenses so I'm excited to see how he does as a HC. Last thing Denver needs is to switch coaches every 2 yrs. If Baskin bombs we move on its that simple. I will not like everything he does like any coach ie drafting and FA but, I do think he is being in alot of stuff Denver needs leadership and no I in team mentality and good character players.

I think fans should wonder about getting an owner with bigger pockets.

Finger Roll
04-26-2009, 10:11 PM
many of you so called fans are pathetic and shouldn't even be considered bronco fans. The season hasn't even started yet and people are talking about being 6-10 or worse even though we have the chefs and the Raiders in the same division. What kind of fans constantly talk trash about their team in the offseason no less. I can understand after blowing a 3 game lead with 3 games to play but this is just over the top annoying as hell trolling

HAT
12-21-2009, 10:24 AM

Knowitall

_i_O_i_

We will be lucky to win 4 games. Had we kept that pick we might have had a legitimate shot at replacing Cutler with Bradford
:hitself:

Except for the part where you forgot that gave Seattle our top 10 pick next year. The Bear's pick (yeah, the one that we still own) will be in the 20's.

Why they didnt trade that pick is beyond me.
:dummy:

You're joking right?
notsofast

Not even I could believe my eyes when I read what he wrote. Some people really are living on another planet.
Uhh

DenverBrit
12-21-2009, 12:07 PM
:spit:

Dagmar
12-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Awesomeness.