PDA

View Full Version : What did we give up for Quinn?

Broncoman13
04-25-2009, 07:12 PM
It better not be the other first in next year's draft like they were saying. I hope we still have at least one third round pick still too.

Pretty much confirms their interest in Pettigrew as well. They wanted a blocking TE... but why trade back into the 2nd to get a guy that was projected in the 5th or 6th?

Never Trust a Snake
04-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Denver gave away both of their thirds.

They get Pittsburgh's fourth rounder (132) in return.

Rohirrim
04-25-2009, 07:18 PM
What are you talking about?

Broncoman13
04-25-2009, 07:18 PM
That sucks... just heard we gave up both 3rds! We moved up 15 or so spots to draft a guy that was projected to go anywhere from the 4th to 6th round and we gave up two thirds... That's fu@ked!

oubronco
04-25-2009, 07:20 PM
McDipshyt has struck so many nerves with his shytty draft

rmsanger
04-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm actually hoping we tank hard next year... need to root this gangreen infection out of our system quickly that is Xanders/McDaniels.

I have no vested interest in next season and will enjoy rooting teh bears on.

ant1999e
04-25-2009, 07:21 PM

TE Richard Quinn.

go_broncos
04-25-2009, 07:22 PM
Mcd..Please leave Denver and don't coach again..

You are horrible..

barryr
04-25-2009, 07:34 PM
I'm not high on the move, but reality is behind Graham, they have no blocking TE, so if something happens to him, problems.

Plus, Quinn's stock supposedly was going up lately and even to the high 3rd I read somewhere, so not a huge reach. But yes, he needs to be a great blocking TE to be worth this move.

But again, I'm willing to let the guy play before calling him a bust. But then again, I'm rooting for the Broncos to win and not fail like some.

maher_tyler
04-25-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm actually hoping we tank hard next year... need to root this gangreen infection out of our system quickly that is Xanders/McDaniels.

Ha!

WOW!!! So many cry babies around here it makes me sick!! Good luck rooting for the bears douche...make sure you buy his jersey to!!

Rabb
04-25-2009, 07:46 PM

1. That will be great for Seattle

2. Good riddance as a "fan"

watermock
04-25-2009, 07:47 PM
man oh man

McDummy is clueless!

At least we still have the raiders

Broncoman13
04-25-2009, 07:47 PM

We traded away both of our 3rds for Richard Quinn, blocking TE from UNC. Yeah, bet you never heard of him... that's b/c he was a huge reach! He has like 10 career catches so that's it and he's not big enough to play any other position on the line.

McD talking about the picks now.

Alphonso Smith to play in the slot. Likes his ball skills.

McBath... can play in the kicking game, coverage is good. Placed a lot of emphasis on the kicking game.

Richard Quinn... Can help pretty quickly and is a football player. McD was concerned that players were falling off his board so they moved up for him.

Moreno- Great pick. We're going to be a running team. I like that! The picks of Moreno and Quinn pretty much tell me that we're going to be a run first team.

Ayers- Not my favorite pick, but I'm happy that he is considered to be pretty good by well respected people.

Smith- Good pick. This kid is a little similar to a Terrell Buckley, but probably a little better overall. Still, he is a gambler but is also somewhat cautious. I think more like Dre Bly than DWill. HATE that we gave up a 1 next year.

Overall, at this point in the draft we're at a B-. The B- b/c of the value we had to give up for Smith in a draft that is already considered to be deeper. McD said they had Smith rated very high on their board.

McBath and Quinn..... I'll do my best to reserve judgement but I think I would have rather had either William Moore or Rashad Johnson instead of McBath. Quinn was a knee jerk reaction. Move up to the Lions 3rd rounder for crying out loud. The Steelers raped us.

We traded Jay Cutler for Robert Ayers, Alphonso Smith, and part of Richard Quinn. Not sure I like that!

So far...

Best Pick- Knowshon Moreno. I think they said it best on the NFL Network, if we're going to be a 3 receiver team we need an outstanding RB to make teams respect the run. He has to be versatile which Moreno is. Plus he's one of the most energetic players you'll ever see.

Worst Pick- Early to say for sure but I don't care for the Richard Quinn pick at all. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't have liked the pick had we just stayed at 79 or 84 and took him there. Trading up makes it that much worse!

Pick with the most potential- Toss up. Ayers and Smith both have excellent potential. McD is in a position of having to take risks. It may pay off and then he is safe, or it may explode in his face and we suffer for years. Either way, it seems right now that we are tied to Orton and won't have the ability to move up for a Bradford/Tebow/McCoy next year without the extra first. Smith has the potential to be a great #2 or #3 and give us the ball back... TURNOVERS! Ayers potential is quite high as well. He is not as strong as you'd like (18 reps of 225) but that will come in due time and an NFL conditioning/strength training program.

Start the countdown for Scheffler to be traded. I think the Broncos will try to get a 2nd for him next year for some flexibility. Problem is, how different is Scheff from Ingram, Cook, or Nelson?

BroncoMan4ever
04-25-2009, 07:52 PM

then you are not a real Broncos fan and need to take your ass to Chicago with the whiny bitch Cutler.

i hate McDaniels and think he is quite possibly the dumbest HC in league history. however he currently coaches the Denver Broncos, which is my team. and because of that, i put aside my personal hate for the guy and want him to kick ass as long as he coaches in Denver. now once he is gone, be it next year, when his contract ends or in 14 years, i don't care if he never wins another game, but as long as he coaches the Broncos, i want every one of his picks to pan out and i want him to look like a genius.

Malcontent
04-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Sh**can this draft..and I had soooo much anticipation too...oh well...as someone said above, the Fade are frickin retarded man!!

BroncoMan4ever
04-25-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm not high on the move, but reality is behind Graham, they have no blocking TE, so if something happens to him, problems.

Plus, Quinn's stock supposedly was going up lately and even to the high 3rd I read somewhere, so not a huge reach. But yes, he needs to be a great blocking TE to be worth this move.

But again, I'm willing to let the guy play before calling him a bust. But then again, I'm rooting for the Broncos to win and not fail like some.

also in the red zone, goal line or shart yardage situations where we need some size and strength to push the line, it will be nice to have 2 strong blocking TEs to bring in for those situations

fido
04-25-2009, 07:58 PM
then you are not a real Broncos fan and need to take your ass to Chicago with the whiny b**** Cutler.

i hate McDaniels and think he is quite possibly the dumbest HC in league history. however he currently coaches the Denver Broncos, which is my team. and because of that, i put aside my personal hate for the guy and want him to kick ass as long as he coaches in Denver. now once he is gone, be it next year, when his contract ends or in 14 years, i don't care if he never wins another game, but as long as he coaches the Broncos, i want every one of his picks to pan out and i want him to look like a genius.

:strong: ^5

footstepsfrom#27
04-25-2009, 08:01 PM
I'm sorry but I can't even read most of this bull**** and I don't feel like even trying to analyze this steaming pile of dog dirt. I didn't even know about the Quinn crap. I thought the carnage was over so I left the tube. This is a freaking joke...probably the single stupidest day in Bronco draft history.

Anybody who is still under the insane delusion that this idiot is competent to build this team into a futue championship...you are clearly out of your mind. I thought I'd seen the worst with the Cutler mess...now I realize that's just the tip of the iceberg.

WABronco
04-25-2009, 08:02 PM

The PFW publication I was checking out during the draft has him as a 2nd to 3rd round prospect. He sounds like a big, tough road grading TE and he looked good at the combine catching balls after he wasn't really used in that manner at UNC, calling him "extremely underutilized alongside 3 legit NFL receivers".

I'm excited to see him hopefully holding up against the 3-4's we'll be seeing this season, as well as holding some blocks for Moreno and Co.

Simple fact is picks like this, the unexpected, take a while to warm up to for some.

DenverBrit
04-25-2009, 08:07 PM
Interesting day.

I'll reserve judgment until I see what kind of team the broncos have this year.

For those doing the 'WTF' 'OMG' dance, who among you has coaching, FO or draft room experience in the NFL?? Anyone?? No??
And you think Kiper is a tool? Ha!

In time we'll know, but for now, it feels like the good old days....Shanny and his drafts ;D

WABronco
04-25-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry but I can't even read most of this bull**** and I don't feel like even trying to analyze this steaming pile of dog dirt. I didn't even know about the Quinn crap. I thought the carnage was over so I left the tube. This is a freaking joke...probably the single stupidest day in Bronco draft history.

Anybody who is still under the insane delusion that this idiot is competent to build this team into a futue championship...you are clearly out of your mind. I thought I'd seen the worst with the Cutler mess...now I realize that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I'm out of my mind because I'm not going all "Apocolypse Now" over draft picks who's worth won't be determined for months or years......right.

Dos Rios
04-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Does this mean Mustard won't be resigned midseason??

barryr
04-25-2009, 08:14 PM
Let's face it. Those calling for McDaniels' head were doing it before this draft and were going to do it no matter who they picked. They haven't even seen these guys play and already "know" they were bad picks and should have taken guys for need like Shanahan tried with defensive players. It didn't work for him, but hey, let's do it again. And yet they call McDaniels stupid?

Atlas
04-25-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't understand why Denver spends two third round picks on a TE to backup Daniel Graham. WTF???

It's not like Denver could have used a LB or a DT?

Swedish Extrovert
04-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Let's face it. Those calling for McDaniels' head were doing it before this draft and were going to do it no matter who they picked. They haven't even seen these guys play and already "know" they were bad picks and should have taken guys for need like Shanahan tried with defensive players. It didn't work for him, but hey, let's do it again. And yet they call McDaniels stupid?

This is true.

However, there are some coaches out there that just dont ever seem to get it. These are the coaches who consistently go 2-14. Some of McD's moves have reflected this.

Both of the trades up were awful, IMO. I like Alphonso Smith, but a first next year?

I never even heard of Quinn until today.

Swedish Extrovert
04-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I don't understand why Denver spends two third round picks on a TE to backup Daniel Graham. WTF???

It's not like Denver could have used a LB or a DT?

When Raji was still available at 9, I thought we would be able to tackle the DT concern.

Now, DT is our biggest concern.

rastaman
04-25-2009, 08:30 PM
Mcd..Please leave Denver and don't coach again..

You are horrible..

McDaniels will be the HC for at least 4 years minimum! If his rebuilding doesn't work, he'll be fired and we fans will embark upon ANOTHER rebuilding with a NEW head coach!!!

Should have kept Shanny!!!! Remember, had Shanahan not had SEVEN RB's injured for the season, the Broncos make the playoffs.....Now Denver is in a 4 year rebuilding period.......with no FREAKIN guarantees.

snowspot66
04-25-2009, 08:34 PM
This is true.

However, there are some coaches out there that just dont ever seem to get it. These are the coaches who consistently go 2-14. Some of McD's moves have reflected this.

Both of the trades up were awful, IMO. I like Alphonso Smith, but a first next year?

I never even heard of Quinn until today.

What moves have reflected 2-14?

Did Shanahan reflect 8-8?

Broncojef
04-25-2009, 08:36 PM
McDaniels will be the HC for at least 4 years minimum! If his rebuilding doesn't work, he'll be fired and we fans will embark upon ANOTHER rebuilding with a NEW head coach!!!

Should have kept Shanny!!!! Remember, had Shanahan not had SEVEN RB's injured for the season, the Broncos make the playoffs.....Now Denver is in a 4 year rebuilding period.......with no FREAKIN guarantees.

Shanahan could never come to grips with the fact he needed to rebuild. Our defense was a total joke and so was our DC. If Shanny had drafted as we did today you'd tell us all how close we are while continuing to embarass ourselves week in and week out. McDaniels might fail but its nice to see some new direction. We were going no where fast under Shanahan and hadn't been for some time.

rastaman
04-25-2009, 08:38 PM
When Raji was still available at 9, I thought we would be able to tackle the DT concern.

Now, DT is our biggest concern.

Perhaps next year McDaniels will address the D-line. Afterall if McD's Broncos win btwn 4 and 6 games this season! we will be drafting in the top 10, this way Denver can fight over picks with KC and Oakland.:strong:

rastaman
04-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Shanahan could never come to grips with the fact he needed to rebuild. Our defense was a total joke and so was our DC. If Shanny had drafted as we did today you'd tell us all how close we are while continuing to embarass ourselves week in and week out. McDaniels might fail but its nice to see some new direction. We were going no where fast under Shanahan and hadn't been for some time.

I slightly disagree with you and here's why, Shanahan went into the 2008 season with the game plan of scoring 30-35 points per game and using the run to kill clock time, keep opposing teams offense off the field, while also using the run to keep our Defense off the field as much as possible. I was happy with that strategy/game plan. That plan equals btwn 10-14 wins, playoff appearance, and who knows a SB appearance

I'm telling you, had Denver not suffered the lost of 7 RB's with season ending injuries......the Broncos win the AFC WEST. Sure Shanahan elevating Slowick to DC and not wanting to fire him was his eventual un doing.....but remember, Slowick's Defense was exposed b/c Denver had no running game and lived and died with the pass!

Three and outs put a porous defense back on the field. A healthy Hillis and Torain changes everything----Hillis was the answer for 3rd and short, and his pass catching ability was the answer in the red zone. Too bad Bowlen couldn't see this.

The Shanahan 2009 Offense was set to explode onto the NFL....plain and simple. And 2009 would have been Slowick's last year IMHO.

We were so close to returning back to 11-14 win seasons and quite possibly returning to the SB(s).

maher_tyler
04-25-2009, 09:15 PM
I slightly disagree with you and here's why, Shanahan went into the 2008 season with the game plan of scoring 30-35 points per game and using the run to kill clock time, keep opposing teams offense off the field, while also using the run to keep our Defense off the field as much as possible. I was happy with that strategy/game plan. That plan equals btwn 10-14 wins, playoff appearance, and who knows a SB appearance

I'm telling you, had Denver not suffered the lost of 7 RB's with season ending injuries......the Broncos win the AFC WEST. Sure Shanahan elevating Slowick to DC and not wanting to fire him was his eventual un doing.....but remember, Slowick's Defense was exposed b/c Denver had no running game and lived and died with the pass!

Three and outs put a porous defense back on the field. A healthy Hillis and Torain changes everything----Hillis was the answer for 3rd and short, and his pass catching ability was the answer in the red zone. Too bad Bowlen couldn't see this.

The Shanahan 2009 Offense was set to explode onto the NFL....plain and simple. And 2009 would have been Slowick's last year IMHO.

We were so close to returning back to 11-14 win seasons and quite possibly returning to the SB(s).

None of our RB's last year would start on any other team..people need quit using this excuse, our RB's were scrubs...its not like we had a dominating run game even when everyone was healthy...we lost because of TO's at key points in the game/in the red zone..questionable play calling at times and a pathetic defense and below average special teams. We were lucky to finish 8-8!!

Not saying Shanny is a bad coach but it was time for a change...people need to let it go..McD is our coach now and will be for at least the next 2-3 years!!