San Diego...jury is out
Denver...trading away next years number 1...bonehead

At least we didn't take Heward-Bay :spit:

s0phr0syne
04-25-2009, 07:51 PM
one more pick baby! hahah, just traded into last pick of the 2nd round

barryr
04-25-2009, 07:53 PM
It's not bonehead if you think you got a 1st round type CB and obviously the Broncos do. We'll see if true.

crazyhorse
04-25-2009, 08:14 PM
KC...reach
Oakland...major reach
San Diego...jury is out
Denver...trading away next years number 1...bonehead

At least we didn't take Heward-Bay :spit:

In the end, KC recieved Cassel, Vrable, and Jackson for the 3rd and 34th picks. Not a bad haul overall IMO.

However, I was disappointed in the Jackson pick. I owuld have rather traded out of the 3rd pick. There really was no good pick for KC there with the level of talent in this draft. So we drafted for need instead of BPA.

But overall, in a draft with limited talent, I feel we came out with not only good talent, but 3 players for 2 picks. That's good value.

robbieopperude
04-25-2009, 10:40 PM
In the end, KC recieved Cassel, Vrable, and Jackson for the 3rd and 34th picks. Not a bad haul overall IMO.

However, I was disappointed in the Jackson pick. I owuld have rather traded out of the 3rd pick. There really was no good pick for KC there with the level of talent in this draft. So we drafted for need instead of BPA.

But overall, in a draft with limited talent, I feel we came out with not only good talent, but 3 players for 2 picks. That's good value.

In KC Matt Cassell will look no better than Tyler Thigpen. There is no Wes Welker or Randy Moss there and KC's defense can't get off of the field. The best player on the team now is Larry Johnson with Gonzalez packing his bags.

Next year at this time Cassell's value will be about a 4th rounder.

Then that trade won't look as strong. Plus KC is now paying a guy who is probably outside of top ten talent top 3 money. Whoops!

boltaneer
04-25-2009, 11:20 PM
I like the English pick for the Chargers. I wish they could have traded down and got him but trading down isn't as simple as just wanting to do it. Everyone in the world seemed to be thinking MLB, RB or OT. I was hoping for a OLB all the way so I'm thrilled! But since some mocks had English at the end of round one, I can see why people would think this is a reach.

I'm just glad AJ didn't trade away next year's 2nd this time!

KC's pick of Jackson was good if you weren't picking #3. Taking a 3-4 DE at #3? That's a lot of money to pay for a run stopper.

As for Denver, Moreno didn't make sense to me but I guess they felt like there wasn't a defensive player to take there. Ayers is boom or bust so we'll see. Trading up to get that CB and TE? Wow. Not very impressed at what McDaniels accomplished with all those picks.

And last and yes least, Al Davis is officially senile.

Gcver2ver3
04-26-2009, 12:22 AM

chiefs suck...

TheChamp24
04-26-2009, 02:34 AM
We all can't be the Raiders haha

The MVPlaya
04-26-2009, 02:38 AM
Bears were supposedly about to draft Mitchell 2 picks later.

boltaneer
04-26-2009, 02:57 AM
Bears were supposedly about to draft Mitchell 2 picks later.

Well, Jerry Angelo is as clueless as Al Davis then. I mean, he did trade to get Cutler after all. :clown: