PDA

View Full Version : Looks Good for Larsen

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2009, 05:01 PM
Looks like McD likes the young Larsen in the middle of this defense. Why trade up for a CB and pass on arguable the best MLB in the draft?

Slade
04-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Wee have DJ and Davis in the middle. Doesn't this say that McD is happy with them? WW and Spencer are backups

thumpc
04-25-2009, 05:27 PM
Davis is a stopgap. I agree it looks good for Larsen, and WW.

broncosteven
04-25-2009, 05:28 PM
I am so glad our Dline and Safety have been addressed in this draft.

barryr
04-25-2009, 05:32 PM
Obviously, the Broncos as most other teams are not convinced that Rey isn't an every down MLB and that's why he dropped. The Pats have a need for a ML and passed on him twice as well as some other teams.

The Broncos have depth issues at CB, so hopefully Smith helps solve that.

uplink
04-25-2009, 06:40 PM
I think the fact that Rey dropped and was eventually picked by a team which happens to have a former USC LB on it may be telling. Apparently Rivers was one of the players who roomed with Rey to 'keep him in line' according to some reports I heard. Maybe Rivers has signed on to help him adjust to the NFL and the effects of $$$.

SoCalBronco
04-25-2009, 06:49 PM
Larsen should be able to beat out Andra Davis.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2009, 07:00 PM

Andra Davis has a few good years left and he's the perfect role model for Larsen to follow and learn how to be a great 3-4 MLB.

broncosteven
04-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Obviously, the Broncos as most other teams are not convinced that Rey isn't an every down MLB and that's why he dropped. The Pats have a need for a ML and passed on him twice as well as some other teams.

The Broncos have depth issues at CB, so hopefully Smith helps solve that.

I would argue they have bigger depth issues at DL and Safety, not CB!

I hope the 2nd CB they drafted is slated to play Safety.

tsiguy96
04-25-2009, 07:07 PM
alphonso smith is a CB, the other guy is a safety.

broncos reached big time from most accounts on their players after the 1st round...

lex
04-25-2009, 07:54 PM

Davis is comes to us via the Il Duce regime. Larsen is from the previous regime that the Il Duce regime is trying to eradicate.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Davis is comes to us via the Il Duce regime. Larsen is from the previous regime that the Il Duce regime is trying to eradicate.

Then why not take Rey Malauaga?