PDA

View Full Version : Draft Chatter Thread

Rohirrim
04-25-2009, 10:55 AM
I thought it might be nice to offer up a thread to hold all the various little tidbits that are coming out here and there. I know a lot of guys are overseas and might not be getting all the news that's going on today.

The first little bit I just heard was an interview with Drew Rosenhaus who said he is confident that Boldin will be traded today.

Since not everybody gets NFLN, perhaps the OMers who have access there can drop any good bits they hear on this thread. :thumbs:

socalorado
04-25-2009, 10:58 AM
Burmeister from Dove Valley said that he expects DEN to stay at their spots and go defense...maybe Knowshown

Majik
04-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Today we position our selves for this....
http://darrellloper.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/superbowl-trophy.jpg

Popps
04-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Ro,

I read one rumor that said the price for Boldin dropped to a 2nd rounder, plus something thrown in. If that's the case, there will be a lot of suitors out there.

Paladin
04-25-2009, 11:11 AM
Boldin be looking for great big payday. Not disagreeing, just pointing out that he is a probable high cost "acquisition" but might be a steal for some O schemes....

80smith
04-25-2009, 11:30 AM
1 thing I heard was Boldin for Hester and the bears 2nd rounder. http://www.nbcchicago.com/sports/football/bears/Is-Devin-Hester-on-the-Block.html

Rohirrim
04-25-2009, 11:35 AM
Jets GM has announced they want to move up. Maybe a deal with the Rams where Rams take Sanchez and Jets trade for Bulger? ??? That from Say Paol. Sounds whacked to me.

Popps
04-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Jets GM has announced they want to move up. Maybe a deal with the Rams where Rams take Sanchez and Jets trade for Bulger? ???

I wondered if Bulger could be moved today, and for some reason... had a thought that Hasselbeck could be traded today if Seattle takes a QB.

There may be one or more QBs changing teams today.

TheDave
04-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Didn't Bulger just ink a new deal before last season?

I would assume that cap hit would impede any trade.

Popps
04-25-2009, 11:44 AM
The Anquan Boldin trade rumors are growing hotter as the draft grows closer.

The latest rumors involve Boldin being traded to the Tennessee Titans in exchange for draft picks or Lendale White and a draft pick.

There is another rumor floating around that the Baltimore Ravens have offered the Cardinals a draft pick and Todd Heap in a trade for Boldin.

Obviously at this point it appears that if the Cardinals are going to make a trade it will come some time just before or during the NFL Draft.

(I don't believe the Ledale White stuff at all, but the Titans would be a good fit.)

Rohirrim
04-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Man, Steve Young likes him some Sanchez. Calls him the "fool proof" QB in this draft.

Gcver2ver3
04-25-2009, 01:52 PM
I thought it might be nice to offer up a thread to hold all the various little tidbits that are coming out here and there. I know a lot of guys are overseas and might not be getting all the news that's going on today.

The first little bit I just heard was an interview with Drew Rosenhaus who said he is confident that Boldin will be traded today.

Since not everybody gets NFLN, perhaps the OMers who have access there can drop any good bits they hear on this thread. :thumbs:

regarding this thread...

i suggest this be the official draft thread for at least the next foreseeable 3 or 4 hours...

i don't need to see 5 diff threads being started about the same draft topics...esp when the Broncos pick...

lock us from making more threads...and only mods can make anymore threads...

Mods, can you do that?...

Hulamau
04-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Lets crank it up!

BroncoMan4ever
04-25-2009, 01:55 PM
Man, Steve Young likes him some Sanchez. Calls him the "fool proof" QB in this draft.

i can see that. Sanchez is more than likely going to be a solid QB. not a superstar or anything like that, but a solid starter for a team for a decade or so.

with Stafford and Freeman they have physical measurables and talents that are really liked but there are more questions about how they will be as pros

while with Sanchez, he will be a Jake Delhomme type of guy.

Rohirrim
04-25-2009, 02:02 PM
I usually only get this testosterone pumped for a game. Ha!

I got the pull toy out and I'm wrestling with my dog. He's into it too. ;D