PDA

View Full Version : We Need to Sign some 'Bigs' for our 10 New 'Littles'

Vegas_Bronco
04-25-2009, 12:02 AM
ALL STILL free agents that could potentially have a great impact on the Broncos organization if nothing more than a leadership/locker room roll. We have 10 NEW rookies coming in this season and a lot of new faces. Might be wise for McD to bring in some veteran leadership. Which of these is your favorite?

Lorenzo Neal (FB)
Hmmmm.....LT would sure love to have him back. He's old, but Ravens running game looked much better with him there.

Dre Bly (CB)
We signed Adre Goodman...but Bly might be a good spell for Goodman who seems to get beat deep much like Bly. (2 negatives = positive?).

Nate Webster (LB)
Mr. Injury...but played well when he was truly healthy last season.

Freddie Keiaho (LB)
Pretty Young and Decent Weakside LB and good at pass coverage.

Roy Williams (SS)
Solid Backup...gets beat deep (reminds me of Lynch)...but would do well in our 3-4 strong side safety-linebacker tweener set.

Vonnie Holliday (DE)
Old man at age 33 but does really well in the 3-4 and can at least defend his side of the field more often than not.

Michael Pittman (RB)
We all know he can hit the **** out of you. Would be an excellent backup to Lamont Jordan for short yardage/GL stuff.

...and NO, this list does not include Nate Jackson - the only thing, it may seem, that gives it some worth. Rebuilding this team will require some veteran leadership that gives a damn....something we have a tough time finding in the veteran players that wear orange and blue.

It would be nice to have some experienced players on the team also and we do have some cap space to get 1-2 of these guys to mentor our 10 new draft picks this season.

robbieopperude
04-25-2009, 12:30 AM
If I was signing one it would be Roy Williams for league minimum.

That is it.

Dudeskey
04-25-2009, 12:32 AM
More uninteresting crap...

**** this ****, I'm going to bed...™

BroncoMan4ever
04-25-2009, 12:59 AM
i'd bring in Holliday. experienced in the 3-4, and would available to the younger guys as a mentor type of player for a year or 2. also, never hurts to have experienced DL.

TheChamp24
04-25-2009, 01:16 AM
All of those guys would be useless signings. ALL OF THEM.

eddie mac
04-25-2009, 04:14 AM
Depends on the draft whether we go down the Holliday avenue again. He was in for a visit some time ago and he also visited the Lions.

It'll be interesting to see if we address that Line enough for Nolan to feel comfortable without another vet or 2 and of course Holliday's asking price will be an issue.

footstepsfrom#27
04-25-2009, 04:42 AM
Nate Webster (LB)
Stopped reading right here.

Gcver2ver3
04-25-2009, 08:09 AM
All of those guys would be useless signings. ALL OF THEM.

Vonnie Holliday would be a good signing...

Gcver2ver3
04-25-2009, 08:10 AM
ALL STILL free agents that could potentially have a great impact on the Broncos organization if nothing more than a leadership/locker room roll. We have 10 NEW rookies coming in this season and a lot of new faces. Might be wise for McD to bring in some veteran leadership. Which of these is your favorite?

Lorenzo Neal (FB)
Hmmmm.....LT would sure love to have him back. He's old, but Ravens running game looked much better with him there.

Dre Bly (CB)
We signed Adre Goodman...but Bly might be a good spell for Goodman who seems to get beat deep much like Bly. (2 negatives = positive?).

Nate Webster (LB)
Mr. Injury...but played well when he was truly healthy last season.

Freddie Keiaho (LB)
Pretty Young and Decent Weakside LB and good at pass coverage.

Roy Williams (SS)
Solid Backup...gets beat deep (reminds me of Lynch)...but would do well in our 3-4 strong side safety-linebacker tweener set.

Vonnie Holliday (DE)
Old man at age 33 but does really well in the 3-4 and can at least defend his side of the field more often than not.

Michael Pittman (RB)
We all know he can hit the **** out of you. Would be an excellent backup to Lamont Jordan for short yardage/GL stuff.

...and NO, this list does not include Nate Jackson - the only thing, it may seem, that gives it some worth. Rebuilding this team will require some veteran leadership that gives a damn....something we have a tough time finding in the veteran players that wear orange and blue.

It would be nice to have some experienced players on the team also and we do have some cap space to get 1-2 of these guys to mentor our 10 new draft picks this season.

Nate Webster?...

wow...

cmhargrove
04-25-2009, 08:13 AM
This thread is strong with the suck.

I rooted for our rookies as much as our "vets" last year, because they played with passion and made rookie mistakes, not dumbass veteran mistakes.

I'd rather watch a team of impassioned rookies with a future.

DHallblows
04-25-2009, 08:23 AM
i'd bring in Holliday. experienced in the 3-4, and would available to the younger guys as a mentor type of player for a year or 2. also, never hurts to have experienced DL.

That's just stupid. We JUST traded him to the Athletics and now you want us to somehow resign him ??? :pity: Retard...

:wiggle:

Punisher
04-25-2009, 09:13 AM
B-Dawk is our leader now

Vegas_Bronco
04-25-2009, 10:21 AM
Nate Webster was considered a 2-3 star UFA this offseason - the dude had a decent year for a ILB. Don't hate on him just b/c the rest of our defense sucked! In 13 games, dude had 76 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 PDs, and a 1 FF.....maybe these stats did come at the expense of 20-30 whiffed tackles, but he was better than Ian Gold - now quit the hate.

GoBroncos84
04-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Roy was terrible in Dallas' 3-4 D. He stated he did not like it. I don't think he would do well with us. The only person on that list that I would like to see signed in Holliday.

Pick Six
04-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Lorenzo Neal is the only one on the list I would even CONSIDER. That's only because quality fullbacks are hard to find...

footstepsfrom#27
04-25-2009, 12:44 PM
.....maybe these stats did come at the expense of 20-30 whiffed tackles, but he was better than Ian Gold - now quit the hate.
:chairhit: