PDA

View Full Version : Broncosí Interest In Sanchez Is Pure Smokescreen

Bronco Rob
04-24-2009, 09:18 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/broncos-interest-in-sanchez-is-pure-smokescreen/

Itís becoming widely believed in league circles that the Denver Broncos have no actual interest in USC quarterback Mark Sanchez.

Earlier this week, offensive coordinator Mike McCoy and G.M. Brian Xanders went to California for a meeting and a workout with Sanchez.

As one source put it, the Broncos seemed to be going out of their way to make it known that Xanders would be attending. Coach Josh McDaniels ultimately didnít attend, supposedly due to a migraine. There is some skepticism as to whether he was unable to go, or whether he simply opted not to tie up an entire day in the hopes of perpetuating a ruse.

McDaniels has made it clear that they wonít be trading the No. 12 and No. 18 overall picks for a chance to move into the top ten. But he hasnít ruled out packaging a non-first-rounder with the No. 12 selection in order to move into the lower reaches of the top ten, if Sanchez slips.

Current thinking is that the Broncos wonít be doing any such thing, and that they possibly are simply attempting to ensure that Sanchez will be picked before No. 12, which then will help to force farther down the board one of the players whom the Broncos actually covets.

;D

Pick Six
04-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Could that article about a smokescreen be a smokescreen, itself? Hmmm...:welcome:

mwill07
04-24-2009, 09:59 PM
That's just what McD wanted them to think, and he really does want to draft Sanchez.

Of course, he knows that we'd all figure this out anyways, so this really is just a double fake - McD has no interest in Sanchez.

Brilliant!

footstepsfrom#27
04-24-2009, 10:10 PM
If the visit was a smokescreen, why tell the world you have no interest like he did tonight since that defeats the whole purpose?

BroncoMan4ever
04-24-2009, 10:58 PM
That's just what McD wanted them to think, and he really does want to draft Sanchez.

Of course, he knows that we'd all figure this out anyways, so this really is just a double fake - McD has no interest in Sanchez.

Brilliant!

this a smokescreen of the smokescreen that was the original smokescreen.

Malcontent
04-24-2009, 11:06 PM
I like candy..

worm
04-25-2009, 12:16 AM
Itís becoming widely believed in league circles that the Denver Broncos have no actual interest in USC quarterback Mark Sanchez.

'League circles' is code for, I thought of this while taking my last crap.

BroncoMan4ever
04-25-2009, 12:37 AM

that sounds like how i came up with the ideas for term papers in college.

Vegas_Bronco
04-25-2009, 01:18 AM

Best Post of the off season. :thumbs:

KipCorrington25
04-25-2009, 01:27 AM
McDaniels, the first to smokescreen into a 4-12 season...

Popps
04-25-2009, 01:37 AM
If the visit was a smokescreen, why tell the world you have no interest like he did tonight since that defeats the whole purpose?

Yea, I actually was pretty convinced we had no interest in him... until we said we didn't.

Now, I'm worried.

Taco John
04-25-2009, 01:41 AM
Yea, I actually was pretty convinced we had no interest in him... until we said we didn't.

Now, I'm worried.

I'll second every word of that.

BroncoMan4ever
04-25-2009, 02:03 AM

Now, I'm worried.

i agree.

i am waiting for the **** storm that is going to occur when he packages 12 and 18 to move up for Sanchez.

also, if he had no interest in him, why even bother making a trip to see the guy? McDaniels is really showing a lot of inexperience with this offseason. you would have thought he would have learned to play things close to the chest learning from Belicheat. but he just seems to obvious in everything he wants to do, and too many of his decisions are being leaked.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-25-2009, 07:02 AM
also, if he had no interest in him, why even bother making a trip to see the guy? McDaniels is really showing a lot of inexperience with this offseason. you would have thought he would have learned to play things close to the chest learning from Belicheat. but he just seems to obvious in everything he wants to do, and too many of his decisions are being leaked.

Uh... he didn't go see the guy. Remember? He stayed in Denver. McCoy and Xanders worked him out in LA.

How many different reports have there been about the Broncos interest in Sanchez? The fact is, NOBODY knows what Denver is going to do today, so in that way it seems like McDaniels has played this perfectly.

Give 'em nine different signals, have them all reporting different things on the same day, you've done a damn good job.

Little44
04-25-2009, 07:14 AM
Rumors are about that the Rams have booked a flight for Sanchez to come to St Louis this afternoon. So Stafford and Shanchez will go one and two.

HILife
04-25-2009, 07:45 AM

Would you rather he tell the world he is going to move up to draft him.

Bronco Rob
04-25-2009, 08:32 AM

Brilliant!

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/lilicedevil02/Princess_bride1.jpg

:thumbs: