PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez to the Rams at #2?

IHaveALight
04-24-2009, 05:40 PM
NFL Network has reported that the Rams have bought a plane ticket from New York to St. Louis for Sunday morning in Sanchez' name. None of the analysts took it very serious. Their feeling is that the Rams are trying to get someone to trade up. It would sure shake up the the top of the draft though if they did take him.

HAT
04-24-2009, 05:44 PM
NFL Network has reported that the Rams have bought a plane ticket from New York to St. Louis for Sunday morning in Sanchez' name. None of the analysts took it very serious. Their feeling is that the Rams are trying to get someone to trade up. It would sure shake up the the top of the draft though if they did take him.

? Sanchez is watching the draft from Cali ?

IHaveALight
04-24-2009, 05:49 PM
My fault, they must have said Cali then. I didn't really pay too much attention to that part, just thought he was going to be at the draft.

OBF1
04-24-2009, 05:52 PM
In a related rumor errrr story, Denver sent a plane ticket to Pat White for Monday.

HAT
04-24-2009, 05:55 PM
In a related rumor errrr story, Denver sent a plane ticket to Pat White for Monday.

SMOKESCREEN!!!
Hilarious!

Orange_Beard
04-24-2009, 05:56 PM
I hope the Rams take him, more D players falling our way.

Paladin
04-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Not so. Rams would take either Sanchez, Curry or a OT. None of which, if taken helps the Broncos...... If KC takes an OT or an O player, that would help Denver....

broncosteven
04-24-2009, 06:54 PM
I just read this in the Chicago Trib sports section.

I am hoping both QB's are off the board and we do not race around looking for draft partners to grab the dude no one has heard about.

I guess Cutler was the 3rd QB taken in 2006, Leinhart and Young were supposed to be locks, only one went to Pro-bowl and is still a starter. Maybe the 3rd QB is the better?

I don't want to find out.

Beantown Bronco
04-24-2009, 10:17 PM
I hope Marc Bulger knows how to text message.

eddie mac
04-24-2009, 10:23 PM
BTW folks if the Rams actually did this they've broken NFL rules and will lose draft picks next year.

They cant do **** for any player until they are officially on the clock.

Broncojef
04-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Didn't I just see him today on NFL Network as one of the nine guys going to the draft location? Why would they buy a ticket from LA to St. Louis? I saw the report on the NFLN but thats gotta be total BS.

BroncoMan4ever
04-24-2009, 11:01 PM
BTW folks if the Rams actually did this they've broken NFL rules and will lose draft picks next year.

does that count in the case of Stafford's deal already being done with Detroit?

i always thought once the number 1 pick was sealed up that the team with the 2nd pick could begin negotiations with their pick. i may be wrong though. i seem to remember something like that happening a few years ago.

lostknight
04-24-2009, 11:06 PM
Stafford's deal is done they can do anything they want. Also bear in mind that the only team that can trade out of the abyss of doom is the teams in the top 5. That means whichever team can convince everyone else that they will grab Sanchez wins the race to get out.

Beantown Bronco
04-24-2009, 11:18 PM
i always thought once the number 1 pick was sealed up that the team with the 2nd pick could begin negotiations with their pick. i may be wrong though. i seem to remember something like that happening a few years ago.

Stafford's deal is done they can do anything they want.

Nope.

If the Detroit Lions reach an agreement with their No.1 selection, does that mean the St. Louis Rams then have the ability to negotiate with players of their choosing with the No.2 selection?

Profootballtalk.com asked the question? The answer has always been "no.''

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told Profootballtalk.com that the league hasn't made a decision as to whether the Rams will be permitted to negotiate a deal with one or more potential candidates, saying that it's a "[m]oot point right now."

The league took a different position last year. After the Dolphins signed tackle Jake Long, the Rams were not permitted to negotiate with potential targets at No. 2.

"That has been our policy," Aiello said at the time. "Only the team with the first pick can negotiate and sign the player."

Source: Profootballtalk.com

lex
04-24-2009, 11:28 PM

Wouldnt that only apply to them negotiating a contract?

Popps
04-25-2009, 02:20 AM
No way the Rams take him that high. They'll take an OT, either there or by trading down.

I think Sanchez will be a seaduck.

JCMElway
04-25-2009, 02:29 AM
Either way, Sanchez going in the first eleven helps the Broncos by pushing one of the following to us: Everette Brown, Maybin, Tyson Jackson, or Brian Cushing. Hell, we may be able to get two of those four.