PDA

View Full Version : Question Harvin similar to E. Royal?

uplink
04-24-2009, 11:19 AM
I don't watch much college football but am impressed with how Harvin plays in all these pre-draft show clips.

Is it just me or is he similar to E. Royal in skills set?

I think if it wasn't for the dope test he'd be sought after, or am I off base??

bap454
04-24-2009, 11:27 AM
From everything that Ive seen .... he is awsome. I read that he was really impressive in his Pro Day. If it wasnt for his off the field issues, failed drug test, and now a possible foot injury, he would be a top ten pick.

empulse
04-24-2009, 11:30 AM
Interesting article over at pft entitled "Surprise Pick Coming In Top Ten? (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/suprise-pick-coming-in-top-ten/)"

. . . Obviously this has interesting meaning to us Maners. . .

The "Meat":

We’ve got a weird feeling that the surprise could be Percy Harvin to the Raiders at No. 7.
Remember this — 31 teams can scream “no way in hell” from the tops of their lung. But if only one says “yes” in round one, then the player is a first-round pick.
Harvin fits the Raiders profile.
Receiver. Fast. Potentially explosive. Perceived bad boy.

Northman
04-24-2009, 11:45 AM
He's talented but the drug thing does hurt his case but someone will take him just for the potential he possesses.

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2009, 11:52 AM
i think people hog-tying Harvin to the WR position are making a mistake...

Harvin reminds me of a poor man's Reggie Bush...

he should get carries out of the backfield...get catches in the flat...line up in the slot...and return kicks...

he is a hybrid player...a flanker like Eric Metcalf...

he doesn'tt remind me of Eddie Royal much at all btw...

bap454
04-24-2009, 12:00 PM
I hope he does go in the top ten.... it makes it a little more probable to have one of our targets drop down to us.

cmhargrove
04-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Interesting article over at pft entitled "Surprise Pick Coming In Top Ten? (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/24/suprise-pick-coming-in-top-ten/)"

. . . Obviously this has interesting meaning to us Maners. . .

The "Meat":

Harvin could easily drop to their second round pick as well. Al might be that stupid, but is Cable?

Doggcow
04-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Eddie Royal = Class
Percy Harvin = Sh*tbag ("Percyworld")

He's talented, I'd relate him to DeSean Jackson before I'd put him in Royal's class.

OBF1
04-24-2009, 12:51 PM
I am a huge Gator fan and watched most every game this year... Harvin is for real. He is lightning fast, great return skills, Wildcat experience, good RB...better WR. The kid has it all skill set wise. But he is a me first type of player.

gyldenlove
04-24-2009, 01:22 PM
I don't watch much college football but am impressed with how Harvin plays in all these pre-draft show clips.

Is it just me or is he similar to E. Royal in skills set?

I think if it wasn't for the dope test he'd be sought after, or am I off base??

They are almost nothing alike.

Royal is a polished route runner with good hands, an experienced returner, a high character guy with a solid work ethic.

Harvin can maybe run 3 or 4 NFL routes, he body catches quite a bit, he is a superb straight line runner, he has not returned kicks or punts in college, he has a questionable work ethic (he is essentially lazy and complains when asked to practice harder), he hangs with a suspect posse, he has tested positive for drugs and he associates with a bad neighbourhood.

Harvin is a better pure playmaker and has better size, but in every other respect he is inferior to Royal.

Broncoman13
04-24-2009, 01:46 PM
i think people hog-tying Harvin to the WR position are making a mistake...

Harvin reminds me of a poor man's Reggie Bush...

he should get carries out of the backfield...get catches in the flat...line up in the slot...and return kicks...

he is a hybrid player...a flanker like Eric Metcalf...

he doesn'tt remind me of Eddie Royal much at all btw...

That's how I would've described him. I was bummed when I heard he was an attitude problem with coaching and teammates. Never would've guessed. A month ago he was one of my favorite candidates for the Broncos.

Br0nc0Buster
04-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Royal is better than Harvin

Royal has excellent route running and his insane strength allows him to be able to easily beat press coverage.

Eddie is a receiver who can also do returns.

Harvin is just really really fast.
But he is not nearly as polished as Royal