PDA

View Full Version : What picks alter the direction of the Top 12?

Hercules Rockefeller
04-24-2009, 09:18 AM
Who can throw a curveball out there and really change the top of the draft?

Mine
KC- Crabtree with TG gone? Tyson Jackson? Another OT to pair with Albert? Move out of the 3rd for someone who wants Sanchez? Curry?

Seattle- Sanchez or is it just a smokescreen? Crabtree? Monroe?

Oakland- Heyward-Bey instead of Maclin or Crabtree (if he falls), pushing one of the top 2 WRs down further into the 1st to another team who did not think either would be there?

Jacksonville- Sanchez gone? Defense. Sanchez there? Trade out pushing another defender down further.

KC is the key to where this draft goes at the top. So many directions they could go. Jackson would shock everyone I think. Passing on Curry probably changes what Cleveland does at #5. A tackle changes Seattle's direction. Crabtree really throws a huge curveball in there since it means Sanchez, Monroe, Jackson, and Curry are still there when Seattle gets to pick.

Rohirrim
04-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Everything I see has the guys with firm, defined NFL positions moving up (Jackson) and the guys with undefined NFL spots moving down (Brown, Jenkins). I don't think the Lions are going to overspend on Stafford. If he won't take what they offer, they will go with Curry who has publicly agreed to take less (Ford couldn't be in great financial shape right now). If that happens, I see the Rams taking Jason Smith. Pioli will try to trade down (I'm guessing) and might get solid offers from the Jets or Skins, who want Sanchez. If that happens, Seahawks might take Moreno who they were supposedly very high on at his pro day. Then, do the Browns grab Stafford? Or take more offers from the teams who don't get Sanchez? It will be fun. I predict the **** hits the fan. ;D

Beantown Bronco
04-24-2009, 09:34 AM
I see KC and Seattle as the real wildcards right now. Most of the other teams are either pretty clearly etched to one or two guys, or at least a definite position or two. KC and Seattle could really go in so many different directions that they will really determine how the rest of the dominos fall IMO.

Hotrod
04-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Lions will **** up and take Stafford then I think it gets wild at #3, 4 and 8.

If the lions take Curry then all hell breaks lose and we see alot of movement.

DrFate
04-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Great thread. I hope D-troit gets smart and takes a linemen at #1, I've heard that the teams at #2 and #4 prefer Sanchez - which means Stafford could slide.

Where Crabtree goes will shake things up - and Oakland might take Maclin over him anyway.

Hotrod
04-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Great thread. I hope D-troit gets smart and takes a linemen at #1, I've heard that the teams at #2 and #4 prefer Sanchez - which means Stafford could slide.

Where Crabtree goes will shake things up - and Oakland might take Maclin over him anyway.

I will be surprised if old man Davis allows the faid to pass on Maclin

chex
04-24-2009, 10:02 AM
The only way it gets interesting for me is if someone not in the consensus top 11 gets selected within, causing someone previously thought to be out of reach to slide to us. If itís the same top 11 that gets picked that everyone had pegged for the top 11 anyway, thereís really no curveball IMO, regardless of the order they go.

Beantown Bronco
04-24-2009, 10:10 AM
The only way it gets interesting for me is if someone not in the consensus top 11 gets selected within, causing someone previously thought to be out of reach to slide to us. If itís the same top 11 that gets picked that everyone had pegged for the top 11 anyway, thereís really no curveball IMO, regardless of the order they go.

I really don't think there's a consensus "top 11" in this draft. Of the 50 or so mock drafts I've seen, there are probably only 5 or 6 guys that have zero chance of making it to #12. After that, anybody can fall to #12 given all the variables at play.

gyldenlove
04-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Who can throw a curveball out there and really change the top of the draft?

Mine
KC- Crabtree with TG gone? Tyson Jackson? Another OT to pair with Albert? Move out of the 3rd for someone who wants Sanchez? Curry?

Seattle- Sanchez or is it just a smokescreen? Crabtree? Monroe?

Oakland- Heyward-Bey instead of Maclin or Crabtree (if he falls), pushing one of the top 2 WRs down further into the 1st to another team who did not think either would be there?

Jacksonville- Sanchez gone? Defense. Sanchez there? Trade out pushing another defender down further.

KC is the key to where this draft goes at the top. So many directions they could go. Jackson would shock everyone I think. Passing on Curry probably changes what Cleveland does at #5. A tackle changes Seattle's direction. Crabtree really throws a huge curveball in there since it means Sanchez, Monroe, Jackson, and Curry are still there when Seattle gets to pick.

Here is how I see it go down:

Lions take Stafford.

Rams take Jason Smith.

KC will take either Monroe, Curry or Jackson.

Seattle will take either Sanchez or Curry.

Cleveland will take Crabtree, Curry or Monroe if he falls.

Cincinnati will take Monroe if he falls, if not they will either take Andre Smith, Curry, Jenkins or Crabtree.

Oakland will take Crabtree or Maclin or Andre Smith.

Jacksonville will take Sanchez, Maclin or Raji.

Green Bay will take BPA, presumably Jenkins or Jackson.

San Fran will take Sanchez, Maclin, Jackson or Raji.

Bills will take Andre Smith if he falls if not, they may reach for Oher or will take Orakpo.

NFLBRONCO
04-24-2009, 10:14 AM
My fear is Raji Jackson Orakpo will go before 12 and we will be resigned drafting Crabtree or Moreno at 12. Not to say that would be awful but, Den needs D help way more.

Old Dude
04-24-2009, 10:16 AM
The thing is that if any of the real blue-chippers start dropping, there's a pretty good chance that someone will be tempted to try to trade up to grab them. Therefore, the top ten guys are likely to be gone, though not necessarily in the order we think.

However, one or two guys always seem to rocket up the boards at the last minute, so it is possible that someone in the lower half of the top ten could drop just a tad. That could be Maclin, Crabtree, Jackson, Raji or Orakpo. The only thing I'm sure about is that it won't be Curry, Stafford, or either of the top two OTs (who we don't really need anyway).

The "rocketeers" right now seem to be Oher, Ayers and Jenkins.

Bronco Boy
04-24-2009, 10:42 AM
I think, for us, it all hinges on how many OT's are picked in the top 11. If Oher slips into that group, maybe to SF, then it looks a lot better for us.

Old Dude
04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
That's what I'm hoping, but we'll probably blow it anyway.