PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter on KOA Seen on Bronco Country

rugbythug
04-24-2009, 06:54 AM
Rumor from Adam Schefter: Knowshon Moreno
Today on 850KOA Adam Schefter said that it is very unlikely that the Broncos will be able to move up to get either BJ Raji or Mark Sanchez. He did say that he has it on good authority that the FO is definately trying to package something so that we can move from #18 to #13. That part he was certain about and said it was a fact.

The RUMOR that he heard is that the Broncos want to have #12 and #13 and would likely take Brian Orakpo (DE from Texas) since Raji wont be available and at #13 they would take Knowshon Moreno.

Thoughts?

(No I dont have a link, he said it on the radio and no I am not making this up)
Posted by Pratama

Man-Goblin
04-24-2009, 06:56 AM
18 to 13 would probably cost a 3rd.

barryr
04-24-2009, 06:58 AM
I think more likely the Broncos try to move to get a top flight RB than any of these QB's in the draft.

SoDak Bronco
04-24-2009, 07:00 AM
Why not just sit tight and wait to see if one of the top 2 RB's fall to us? I like both Beanie and Moreno. I wouldn't be pissed if we used 18 for a RB.

tsiguy96
04-24-2009, 07:00 AM
im thinking more and more the deal between washington simply wasnt as good as the bears deal. i doubt they offered teh full flight of 2 1sts and a 3rd, and they sure would not give up campbell for a 5th.

meangene
04-24-2009, 07:05 AM
I wouldn't be unhappy with it. If Orapko is there at #12, he would probably be the BPA. If Wells and Moreno are both there at #12, I don't think we need to move up to get Moreno, though. The risk would be NO and SD both go RB before #18.

dbfan21
04-24-2009, 07:05 AM
I think Moreno at 13 would be a bit too high, but they might know of a team that's angling for him somewhere between 13 and 17. :ouwknow:

tsiguy96
04-24-2009, 07:06 AM
I think Moreno at 13 would be a bit too high, but they might know of a team that's angling for him somewhere between 13 and 17. :ouwknow:

i think hes gonna go a lot higher than most expect...hes the best RB in the draft, i think it was mayock that had him as a draft board sleeper

meangene
04-24-2009, 07:07 AM
I really miss Schefter on NFLN. He is almost always spot-on with his reports so I would take this over all the other rumors flying around.

barryr
04-24-2009, 07:08 AM
I've said for awhile that I would rather have Moreno than Wells if going RB. I would be ok with taking a RB with one of the 1st rounders. Moreno is a complete back who hasn't been injury prone.

Man-Goblin
04-24-2009, 07:09 AM

Does anyone else think that team is probably the Chargers at #16? They got Sproles on his mega one year deal and there is no certainty Tomlinson will be there after this year. It makes perfect sense for them to take Moreno there.

meangene
04-24-2009, 07:11 AM
Does anyone else think that team is probably the Chargers at #16? They got Sproles on his mega one year deal and there is no certainty Tomlinson will be there after this year. It makes perfect sense for them to take Moreno there.

Yep, Wells to NO at #14 and Moreno at #16 would be the concern.

footstepsfrom#27
04-24-2009, 07:11 AM
That would assume Orakpo's there at 12 when most Mocs show him going a bit earlier. I'd like the picks but it seems unlikely they get him without moving up. Taking a RB at 13 when Moreno might be there at 18? Even if he's not is RB a higher priority than a DL guy or LB?

rugbythug
04-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Moreno can Catch. Beanie can not. That is why we would want Moreno over beanie.

TonyR
04-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Does anyone else think that team is probably the Chargers at #16?

Very, very possible. They also want to upgrade at S and LB but RB may be their most pressing need, although they still have LT so they could wait another year or pick an RB lower.

TonyR
04-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Taking a RB at 13 when Moreno might be there at 18?

He won't be. But I hope they don't go RB on day 1.

SoDak Bronco
04-24-2009, 07:17 AM

Beanie was in a offense that doesn't throw to the RB. Doesn't mean he can't catch, he just wasn't given the opportunity to catch. Also, on the flip side, who would you rather have as a 3rd in 1 back? I think Wells has better power, and a game similar to Steven Jackson.

cousinal11
04-24-2009, 07:17 AM

That and I think Wells' stock is falling due to concerns over an injured foot.

That being said, I would be estatic to get Orakpo and Moreno.

I think they are 2 of the more explosive players in the draft,

eddie mac
04-24-2009, 07:18 AM
I wouldn't be shocked at all if SD were targetting a RB at 16 simply because

1. Both Tomlinson and Sproles deals are in reality only for one more year given the guarantees and Tomlinson has another roster bonus due in 2010.

2. Jackson wont reach 16 or anywhere near it.

3. They dont need an OT early now cos they're happy with Clary's progress on the right side.

rugbythug
04-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Beanie was in a offense that doesn't throw to the RB. Doesn't mean he can't catch, he just wasn't given the opportunity to catch. Also, on the flip side, who would you rather have as a 3rd in 1 back? I think Wells has better power, and a game similar to Steven Jackson.

I understand this: However I tell my wife I can go 3 times in a row. I never have but I can.

3rd in 1 will be renamed the "Hillis" Down.

55CrushEm
04-24-2009, 07:31 AM
I understand this: However I tell my wife I can go 3 times in a row. I never have but I can.
3rd in 1 will be renamed the "Hillis" Down.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

yerner
04-24-2009, 07:35 AM
all they need to do is draft the two best defensive players they can in the first round. save the rb for the second round. easy.

Rohirrim
04-24-2009, 07:39 AM
Perhaps McD intends to carry on Belichick's "Search for the Lost RB?"

Hamrob
04-24-2009, 07:41 AM
This would be stupid in my opinion...if it is, so they can secure a RB. Give me a break! Draft defense, defense, defense!!! You idiots (McD)!

Stay at 18...if you just have to have another RB (you just paid big bucks for 3 losers in FA!)...then wait until 18...if Moreno and Wells are gone...then take Donald Brown...who I think is probably the best in this draft anyway!

kelinsky1
04-24-2009, 07:42 AM
all they need to do is draft the two best defensive players they can in the first round. save the rb for the second round. easy.

I agree

Go for defense!

ohiobronco2
04-24-2009, 07:42 AM

You don't know this for a fact. Bucks never throw to their backs. We do know that Moreno can catch however. Their is no concern over Beanie's injury. Many have said those rumors are false. I liken those rumors to the various positive drug test rumors.

ohiobronco2
04-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Frankly, I think we should take best D player available and if we really want to get ahead of SD. Trade 18th for 15th, flip 2nd round picks and throw in one of the 3rd rounders. Can't remember which one it is, but I believe it comes out about even.

Kaylore
04-24-2009, 07:46 AM
This would be stupid in my opinion...if it is, so they can secure a RB. Give me a break! Draft defense, defense, defense!!! You idiots (McD)!

Stay at 18...if you just have to have another RB (you just paid big bucks for 3 losers in FA!)...then wait until 18...if Moreno and Wells are gone...then take Donald Brown...who I think is probably the best in this draft anyway!

This idea that our offense is perfect and therefore untouchable is ridiculous. You upgrade every position, and after the first few games against bad defenses we were 24th in scoring. A running back is a need on this team.

Yes, we need defense too, but according to this report, whom I trust more than Kliss, we would take a defender as well.

baja
04-24-2009, 07:47 AM
I think more likely the Broncos try to move to get a top flight RB than any of these QB's in the draft.

This is the first thing you and I have ever agreed on.

broncobum6162
04-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Agreed Baja, that makes much more sense than burning one or two first rounders on a QB.

Br0nc0Buster
04-24-2009, 08:22 AM
This idea that our offense is perfect and therefore untouchable is ridiculous. You upgrade every position, and after the first few games against bad defenses we were 24th in scoring. A running back is a need on this team.

Yes, we need defense too, but according to this report, whom I trust more than Kliss, we would take a defender as well.

What can Knowshown do that Hillis cant?
Neither are speed demons
Both can catch well, although Hillis is better I think
Knowshown is more agile and shifty sure, but Hillis I am sure is more powerful

I think it would be ridiculous to even CONSIDER a rb with this class in the first

Orakpo scares the **** out of me though.
although I would rather have him than Sanchez

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2009, 08:27 AM
What can Knowshown do that Hillis cant?
Neither are speed demons
Both can catch well, although Hillis is better I think
Knowshown is more agile and shifty sure, but Hillis I am sure is more powerful

I think it would be ridiculous to even CONSIDER a rb with this class in the first

Orakpo scares the **** out of me though.
although I would rather have him than Sanchez

okay some of you guys are starting to get carried away about Hillis...

i like Hillis too, but he is not a featured back and hasn't shown that he has in his collegiant or early pro career...

Knowshon is the top graded RB in the draft...are you really gonna sit here and say that Hillis is as good as the top rated back in college?...

Hillis is a versatile young player that can do good things for us, but he isn't a feature back like a Knowshon Moreno...

c'mon guys...

Br0nc0Buster
04-24-2009, 08:30 AM

i like Hillis too, but he is not a featured back and hasn't shown that he has in his collegiant or early pro career...

Knowshon is the top graded RB in the draft...are you really gonna sit here and say that Hillis is as good as the top rated back in college?...

Hillis is a versatile young player that can do good things for us, but he isn't a feature back like a Knowshon Moreno...

c'mon guys...

I am not saying Hillis is better.
I am saying the jump from Hillis to Moreno is not worth a 1st rounder.

RBs also have a short shelf life, I dont like the idea of drafting any RB in the first unless they are THAT good.
But there not not any Petersons or Faulks in this draft.

skpac1001
04-24-2009, 08:31 AM
I can't really get excited about Moreno until somebody gives me a good excuse for him averaging less then 4 yards a carry in 4 of the 5 games he had against the better defenses he faced. He did well against LSU, but 4.0 ypc against South Carolina, 3.9 vs Alabama, 3.7 vs Tennessee, and 3.8 vs Florida doesn't give me much confidence in him making the transition to production in the NFL.

Traveler
04-24-2009, 08:36 AM

c'mon guys...

To take a phrase from our President, "it's silly season" right now.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-24-2009, 08:37 AM
I agree go D! But I will say this, if all the good front seven prospects are off the board, I wouldnt mind Moreno.

Hotrod
04-24-2009, 08:39 AM
While I would hate this move it does make some sense as far as potential to happen.

If Sanchez gets taken before the skins can get their hands on him they would probably love to move back to 18 and pick up a 3rd since they are so low on picks anyway.

What I hate is why move up 5 spaces and lose a third that could bring in a second tier NT or DE

Hotrod
04-24-2009, 08:40 AM

c'mon guys...

Excellent post. Your one of the few who has not had brain meltdown pre draft :)

The one problem I have with your post is you really should replace the word Knowshon with C Wells :)

baja
04-24-2009, 08:40 AM
We have good pieces on O but there is a need for a good running game to bring stability to the O while all the good pieces learn to play as a unit in the new system.

A case can be made that our greatest need is a stud running back.

cousinal11
04-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Moreno would add a dimension that none of the 14 RB's on our current roster offer.

Moreno and Hillis would be a nice 1-2 punch.

Having said that, if I was making the decisions, it would be defense, defense, defense, defense, defense, RB, QB, or something like that.

broncofan2438
04-24-2009, 08:44 AM
I wouldn't be shocked at all if SD were targetting a RB at 16 simply because

1. Both Tomlinson and Sproles deals are in reality only for one more year given the guarantees and Tomlinson has another roster bonus due in 2010.

2. Jackson wont reach 16 or anywhere near it.

3. They dont need an OT early now cos they're happy with Clary's progress on the right side.

Yea, I think they go after Beanie Wells.

I thought we were focusing on Defense only. What about Ray from USC?

kamakazi_kal
04-24-2009, 08:57 AM
We have good pieces on O but there is a need for a good running game to bring stability to the O while all the good pieces learn to play as a unit in the new system.

A case can be made that our greatest need is a stud running back.

don't we have like 7 RB's on the roster already? DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE

montrose
04-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I really don't want a RB in Round 1, but Knowshon or Beanie would be fun to watch. I still think if one of those guys are drafted that McDaniels platoons the RB position. He didn't sign Buckhalter, Arrington and Jordan for nothing and he's already raved about Hillis too.

At this point, I just think we have too many holes to draft a RB right now. I'm more than okay going with the crop we have now for a year and reassessing the position next season. Besides that, I've never been a big fan of drafting RB's in the 1st round anyhow.

uplink
04-24-2009, 09:13 AM
I've been thinking Moreno but why did Schefler have to blab it. Was hoping
to get a least one USC LBer. Orakpo slid on PFT mock draft to #23.

cmhargrove
04-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Does anyone else feel that if we are going to trade up, it should be to get another second rounder? In other words, don't trade up inthe first, trade from the third back into the second?

I'm fine with the 12 and 18, but if anything, I would rather trade 12 for a low first and a low second rounder.

Lots of value at the bottom of 1, beginning of 2.
We could pick up a couple guys like English, Barwin, Donald Brown, Michael Johnson, Heyward-Bey, Ron Brace, Darius Butler, Lauranitis, Delmas, Robiskie, Mack, Unger, Sintim, Chung, etc....

If Raji, Jackson, and Curry are off the board, trade down!

Get to the bottom of 1, or use lower round picks to get from the third, back into the second. Lots of talent there at the beginning of the second.

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Excellent post. Your one of the few who has not had brain meltdown pre draft :)

The one problem I have with your post is you really should replace the word Knowshon with C Wells :)

funny you bring that up...

because personally i believe Wells is the best back in the draft...

he's the closest thing to A.P. in the draft...

but from what i've seen, most experts grade Moreno higher...

but i'm definitely with you on Wells...he's a beast...

DB_champ24
04-24-2009, 10:17 AM
Drafting a RB round 1 makes too much sense. Knowshon Moreno is the perfect RB for Mcdaniels or really any offense. Great vision, cuts hard, open field moves, and great hands. He can do it all.

As for the Broncos picking a running back like Moreno, he would help control the clock, thus keep the defense off the field, help the passing game, giving lets say Orton a much easier time making decisions and lastly, stability at the RB position since Portis and a game changer at that position.

BroncoBuff
04-24-2009, 10:44 AM
Defense

Defense

Defense

BroncoBuff
04-24-2009, 10:45 AM
I really don't want a RB in Round 1, but Knowshon or Beanie would be fun to watch. I still think if one of those guys are drafted that McDaniels platoons the RB position. He didn't sign Buckhalter, Arrington and Jordan for nothing and he's already raved about Hillis too.

At this point, I just think we have too many holes to draft a RB right now. I'm more than okay going with the crop we have now for a year and reassessing the position next season. Besides that, I've never been a big fan of drafting RB's in the 1st round anyhow.

This.

Dos Rios
04-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Maroney flashbacks will stop McDaniels from taking a rb in the first.

Hotrod
04-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Maroney flashbacks will stop McDaniels from taking a rb in the first.

If that is true he has no business being an NFL head coach.

gyldenlove
04-24-2009, 11:00 AM
So we are trying to trade away Jarvis Moss who is seen as a 4-3 pass rusher who is raw, weak against the run but solid athletically. So we can get Orakpo who is seen as a 4-3 pass rusher who is raw, weak against the run but solid athletically.

Explain to me again how that makes sense? If you can't turn Moss into a 3-4 pass rusher how can you turn Orakpo into a 3-4 pass rusher?

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2009, 11:02 AM
So we are trying to trade away Jarvis Moss who is seen as a 4-3 pass rusher who is raw, weak against the run but solid athletically. So we can get Orakpo who is seen as a 4-3 pass rusher who is raw, weak against the run but solid athletically.

Explain to me again how that makes sense? If you can't turn Moss into a 3-4 pass rusher how can you turn Orakpo into a 3-4 pass rusher?

Brian Orakpo = Jarvis Moss?...

dude, Orakpo could literally swallow Moss whole...

SonOfLe-loLang
04-24-2009, 11:07 AM

Simply put: If this is true, they think Jarvis Moss sucks and Orakpo doesnt. Case closed.

Beantown Bronco
04-24-2009, 11:21 AM

So every QB that is mobile and has a cannon for an arm = John Elway?

SonOfLe-loLang
04-24-2009, 11:22 AM
So every QB that is mobile and has a cannon for an arm = John Elway?

As ive said, my measurables are probably similar to Wes Welkers...but guess what, i aint gettin a call.

maher_tyler
04-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I've said for awhile that I would rather have Moreno than Wells if going RB. I would be ok with taking a RB with one of the 1st rounders. Moreno is a complete back who hasn't been injury prone.

Same here...that and Denver has pretty good luck with Georgia RB's.

HILife
04-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Posted by Pratama

Reading that tells me even more that they belive in Orton. They could've had the #13 pick from the Redskins, but choice to get the #18 to get Orton. I hope they do not use that pick on a RB. We already have good RBs that just need to get healthy.