PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Lions

robbieopperude
04-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Would you rather have the number 1 and 20 pick from the Lions for Jay Cutler and Scheffler or the deal we got?

Use pick 1 for Curry
Use pick 20 for BPA

Is that better than the deal we got from the Bears. I was wondering about this today. I'm not even sure the Lions had that deal on the table or not.

scorpio
04-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Racer.

Northman
04-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Depends.

If we were going to trade down from the #1 spot it would be a good deal considering we dont have the cap space to take the price tag of the #1 overall pick. But, if no trade down i like the deal we got.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-23-2009, 07:01 PM
They have the cap room, they don't have the $$$ to pay out the guaranteed bonus to the 1st overall

Northman
04-23-2009, 07:02 PM
They have the cap room, they don't have the $$$ to pay out the guaranteed bonus to the 1st overall

Thanks for the clarification.

Bronco Boy
04-23-2009, 07:09 PM
Would you rather have the number 1 and 20 pick from the Lions for Jay Cutler and Scheffler or the deal we got?

Use pick 1 for Curry
Use pick 20 for BPA

Is that better than the deal we got from the Bears. I was wondering about this today. I'm not even sure the Lions had that deal on the table or not.

Why are you such a tool?

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 07:14 PM
if money weren't a factor than yes of course...

but the #1 overall pick is too costly...i prefer we spread the wealth versus paying an unproven commodity ridiculous $$...

robbieopperude
04-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Couldn't you just negotiate to take Curry and pay him less money. Or even better just take Raji but only agree to pay him the money that the number 6 pick would get.

robbieopperude
04-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Why are you such a tool?

Another insightful post from you. You seem to bring so much to the table with your quality posts. I think I will consider you the Jarvis Moss of this forum based on your potential.

Bronco Boy
04-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Sounds good Beckham Elway Rubberband.

robbieopperude
04-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Racer.

Racer is a bit extreme. That is what I was trying to tell my wife. Why don't you save that for the other thread though. As I have said clearly the OM is full of conservative Paul, Matthew, John types. I think I just threw up in my mouth even typing those names.

robbieopperude
04-23-2009, 07:31 PM
Sounds good Beckham Elway Rubberband.

You are just upset because you got whipped last night in the names debate and the only thing you can do is throw random nonsense to heighten your lowered spirits.

If your not upset than why continue to add unoriginal posts?

Bronco Boy
04-23-2009, 07:32 PM
You are just upset because you got whipped last night in the names debate and the only thing you can do is throw random nonsense to heighten your lowered spirits.

If your not upset than why continue to add unoriginal posts?

Because it still amuses me. :strong:

robbieopperude
04-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Because it still amuses me. :strong:

Well then your clearly just a clown.

Bronco Boy
04-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Well then your clearly just a clown.

:pimp:

vancejohnson82
04-23-2009, 07:36 PM
what's going on here???

this definitely isnt where I parked my car

robbieopperude
04-23-2009, 07:42 PM
In all seriousness I don't understand why teams don't do what I suggested. They do it in baseball all the time. You draft the best player who also will take the best contract. I guess it really doesn't matter since the whole rookie contracts will get fixed at the next set of meetings. I for one would love to see Detroit just skip there pick and wait until pick 4 to select Stafford.

robbieopperude
04-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Depends.

If we were going to trade down from the #1 spot it would be a good deal considering we dont have the cap space to take the price tag of the #1 overall pick. But, if no trade down i like the deal we got.

I like the deal better if we don't juice up Orton's numbers this year and then give him too sweet of contract.

Punisher
04-23-2009, 10:45 PM
The bears deal was better the number one pick is too much guaranteed money.

atomicbloke
04-23-2009, 11:17 PM
I would rather have Cutler than any of these deals.

And anyway next year's draft is better according to the "experts". So no.

BroncoMan4ever
04-23-2009, 11:20 PM
as much as i like Curry and would love if he was available to us at 12. he isn't worth the almost 40million guaranteed the number 1 pick is going to get this year. in fact, no one in this years draft is worth that much guaranteed money.

ZONA
04-23-2009, 11:24 PM
What's the point? We didn't trade with Detroit. Why not post up "what ifs" with all 31 other teams?

robbieopperude
04-23-2009, 11:57 PM
What's the point? We didn't trade with Detroit. Why not post up "what ifs" with all 31 other teams?

I don't know it just generates discussion. This board is constantly discussing what if's. The entire NFL Draft is a what if.

Anaximines
04-23-2009, 11:58 PM
the Lions should have signed Marvin Gaye

robbieopperude
04-24-2009, 12:00 AM
as much as i like Curry and would love if he was available to us at 12. he isn't worth the almost 40million guaranteed the number 1 pick is going to get this year. in fact, no one in this years draft is worth that much guaranteed money.

Do you have to pay the top pick all that guaranteed money. I thought that was a loophole the agents used since there are restrictions on the amount of the contract. I was saying earlier you could offer a lesser caliber player the option of being the number one pick and negotiate a deal for them. I don't think there is any rule that the number 1 pick has to receive a 30 to 40 million dollar deal.

Would you have taken the deal if you could just give Raji a 20 million dollar deal.

I amazed how people have jumped on the Kyle Orton bandwagon so quickly. He certainly isn't a difference maker at QB but he won't screw things up to bad either. He is not a top 15 QB talent wise. We will see if the "system" will hide his flaws.