PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Avoiding the Draft?

Tombstone RJ
04-23-2009, 02:01 PM
I'v volunteered to help a friend move all weekend so I don't have to torture myself with watching the draft.

Yep, moving. Picking up crap and moving it. All. Weekend. Long.

Why, so I won't sit around and become infuriated by the draft...

Anyone else gonna pansy out like me and avoid the draft because well, your a wuss too?

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 02:01 PM
huh?...

BroncoBuff
04-23-2009, 02:02 PM
:nono:

dreasher54
04-23-2009, 02:02 PM
nope I will waste a weekend in awe

bronco militia
04-23-2009, 02:03 PM
I'll be avoiding day 2...

it's really ****ing boring after the 2nd round

broncosteven
04-23-2009, 02:03 PM
**** no.

My Daughter is having her 1st sleepover party but I will be watching over their shoulders.

McDman
04-23-2009, 02:05 PM
I will be missing my study time for the six finals I have.

Beantown Bronco
04-23-2009, 02:06 PM
It's supposed to be sunny and 80 here Saturday. It hasn't hit 80 since early September.

I'll still be inside watching. (luckily it doesn't start until 4 at least, so the day won't be a complete waste)

Tombstone RJ
04-23-2009, 02:06 PM
I just can't watch it. I've defended McD since the Cutler fiasco but I just don't have too much faith in him to make the right picks.

Hopefully, I'll be completely wrong.

Anyway, there's nothing I can do about the draft and for the next two weeks this board will be talking ad nausium about the picks...

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 02:16 PM

This

mr007
04-23-2009, 02:17 PM
The draft is boring as ****. Count me among those not watching it.... I'll catch up on picks when it requires minutes of time instead of hours.

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 02:18 PM
The draft is boring as ****. Count me among those not watching it.... I'll catch up on picks when it requires minutes of time instead of hours.

You could have just said "married" ;)

NFLBRONCO
04-23-2009, 02:19 PM
I forgot about 10 minutes between picks

mr007
04-23-2009, 02:21 PM
You could have just said "married" ;)

More like "single and live by the beach." In fact, I think the only way I would watch it is if I was married or in a relationship!

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 02:23 PM
More like "single and live by the beach" ;)

that was going to be my second guess

bap454
04-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Not I.... I am forced to watch it. Im at work for twelve hours with all the enternet I can handle with no supervision. ALL YOU CAN EAT ... AND GETTING PAID! I will be exuasted by the time I get home.

dbfan21
04-23-2009, 02:35 PM
I will DVR it and start watching when the kids go to bed (around 8pm EST). Then I can FF thru the commercials and Mel Kiper's mindless rants.

Hulamau
04-23-2009, 02:38 PM
I'v volunteered to help a friend move all weekend so I don't have to torture myself with watching the draft.

Yep, moving. Picking up crap and moving it. All. Weekend. Long.

Why, so I won't sit around and become infuriated by the draft...

Anyone else gonna pansy out like me and avoid the draft because well, your a wuss too?

Not a chance ... will be online watchin' the whole thing starting 6pm my time at GMT+1

SoDak Bronco
04-23-2009, 02:43 PM
I have a Wedding at 2, probably drink some beers, hang out, go watch it on the DVR and make sure I am there when the Broncos are picking.

OBF1
04-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Real men watch the draft.... Actully I am hosting the draft party at the house. Sometime in the afternoon a poker game will break out and lots of beer will be consumed.

ak1971
04-23-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm going to work on naming my junk.

ludo21
04-23-2009, 03:30 PM
Not I.... I am forced to watch it. Im at work for twelve hours with all the enternet I can handle with no supervision. ALL YOU CAN EAT ... AND GETTING PAID! I will be exuasted by the time I get home.

me as well

BroncoLifer
04-23-2009, 03:41 PM

Are they hiring?

Crushaholic
04-23-2009, 03:51 PM

Actually, I feel the opposite. The first day, while it's when the "good" players are going, is filled with a lot of BS talking heads and waiting for the teams to make up their f'n mind. The later rounds go much more quickly...

Hogan11
04-23-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm stuck at work, so hell yeah I'm going to watch it all day long.

Keep paying those taxes. :thumbs:

FireFly
04-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm suprised by the less than overwhelming responses! :kiddingme

I'll be sitting glued to my television the whole way through. Beer in one hand, popcorn in the other. Through the good picks and the bad! :undecided

tsiguy96
04-23-2009, 04:20 PM
I just can't watch it. I've defended McD since the Cutler fiasco but I just don't have too much faith in him to make the right picks.

Hopefully, I'll be completely wrong.

Anyway, there's nothing I can do about the draft and for the next two weeks this board will be talking ad nausium about the picks...

yep, you sitting at home reading what mike mayock says is in a much better position to make this team win then pat bowlen and josh mcdaniels ;)

tsiguy96
04-23-2009, 04:21 PM
by the way, if you any of you idiots start freaking out about how bad the pick was, remember last years idiots that started freaking out about essentially every pick we had, including but not limited to:

1. royal over desean
2. not taking schmidt
3. clady and not mendenhall
4. every single other pick in the draft that someone bitched about that turned out good

give it a year before you start your crying

Northman
04-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Nah, i would watch the first day but ill be at work.

Northman
04-23-2009, 04:23 PM
by the way, if you any of you idiots start freaking out about how bad the pick was, remember last years idiots that started freaking out about essentially every pick we had, including but not limited to:

1. royal over desean
2. not taking schmidt
3. clady and not mendenhall
4. every single other pick in the draft that someone b****ed about that turned out good

give it a year before you start your crying

The crying seems to come more often these days.

tsiguy96
04-23-2009, 04:38 PM
The crying seems to come more often these days.

its so unfounded, its just people being stupidly outrageous because their own mock draft didnt happen, on which they had essentially the information given to them by mike mayock and todd mcshay to MAKE that mock draft in the first place. these are professional NFL teams, they are always (atleast for the broncos) going to do what it takes to win.

its so stupid, we dont know how these guys are gonna turn out, so why act like we are 100% sure that a pick is going to be a star, or in a case of the whiners, a sure fire bust? why not give it a few years to see what happens?

titan
04-23-2009, 04:41 PM
I'm going to miss much of day 2 for a family outing, but I'll be glued to the tv on Saturday. This is the most intriguing draft for the Broncos that I can remember in a long long time. What will McDaniels/Xanders draft strategy going to be? Will it be a "best player available" type of draft for the Broncos? (I hope), do they draft strictly on need? Will they be active trading up or down?

Hogan11
its so unfounded, its just people being stupidly outrageous because their own mock draft didnt happen, on which they had essentially the information given to them by mike mayock and todd mcshay to MAKE that mock draft in the first place. these are professional NFL teams, they are always (atleast for the broncos) going to do what it takes to win.

its so stupid, we dont know how these guys are gonna turn out, so why act like we are 100% sure that a pick is going to be a star, or in a case of the whiners, a sure fire bust? why not give it a few years to see what happens?

When it comes to Draftnik's, you're asking the impossible.

Northman

You would think it would be that simple to understand but.....

tsiguy96
04-23-2009, 04:44 PM
When it comes to Draftnik's, you're asking the impossible.

draftniks dont know how a player will turn into an NFL player, its as simple as that. no one can ever tell you how they will, a GM recently said that draft "grades" are the dumbest things out there, i think it was AJ smith actually, because not even a GM can tell you how a player will turn out much less someone sitting on their couch.

hence, calm the **** down until you see the player perform.

Hogan11
04-23-2009, 04:48 PM
draftniks dont know how a player will turn into an NFL player, its as simple as that. no one can ever tell you how they will, a GM recently said that draft "grades" are the dumbest things out there, i think it was AJ smith actually, because not even a GM can tell you how a player will turn out much less someone sitting on their couch.

hence, calm the **** down until you see the player perform.

Like I said, you're asking the impossible of these guys...these are the same guys who want the team to blow games to get a better draft position at the end of the year if the team is out of it. They think it's a frickin' science afterall and you want them to remain calm when their most important weekend of the year rolls around? Yeah right Hilarious!

Quit dreaming.

vancejohnson82
04-23-2009, 04:51 PM
anyone who avoids the draft because it is "boring" is the same kind of person that doesnt watch the team once they are out of playoff contention because its "meaningless"

BroncoBuff
04-23-2009, 04:51 PM
Anyone Avoiding the Draft?

If you're old enough, that sounds like a Vietnam thing....

Hogan11
04-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Anyone Avoiding the Draft?

If you're old enough, that sounds like a Vietnam thing....

Or an explaination as to why you're not married yet :rofl: