PDA

View Full Version : Broncos interested in Losman?

TonyR
04-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Two teams have expressed interest in Losman
Chris Brown
Posted April 22nd, 2009
Tags: J.P. Losman, NFL free agency
The Denver Broncos have been interested in Bills free agent QB J.P. Losman for some time this offseason, though it cooled somewhat after they decided to sign Chris Simms. A league source tells me their interest could increase post-draft if they donít land a quarterback in the draft this weekend. Thereís one other team that has expressed interest in Losman as well.

The Carolina Panthers have been in touch with Losmanís representatives according to a source, but the interest is only preliminary. The Panthers have been hindered all offseason by the stalemate involving Julius Peppers. His franchise player contract is binding up other moves the club would like to make. So if theyíre able to move Peppers in a trade on draft weekend, Carolina might then be able to make some decisions.

The Panthers interest is a bit curious seeing that they have Jake Delhomme, a veteran backup in Josh McCown and a young third quarterback with promise in Matt Moore, who has very good field vision among some other strong attributes.

Unless Carolina is happy to go to camp with another veteran signal caller on the roster or might not have long term plans for McCown, Iím not sure I understand the interest.

I thought once the Cutler trade went through that Chicago would be interested in Losman. Knowing Cutler is a strong-armed QB, I would think the Bears would want a backup with similar physical skills so they wouldnít have to change the offense much should Cutler go down with an injury, especially knowing the windy conditions that exist up there. But Chicago doesnít have him on their radar as of yet from what Iíve been told.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/04/22/two-teams-have-expressed-interest-in-losman/

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 09:33 AM
I will kick a puppy

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-23-2009, 09:33 AM

supermanhr9
04-23-2009, 09:35 AM
oh lord,, please look down on us and not allow this to happen. The neck beard looks like montana next to JP "I think I'm the Man" Losman".

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 09:36 AM
I will kick a puppy

if we don't draft a 3rd QB, there's no harm in bringing him in to compete...

i have a lot of confidence in Orton, so i don't see Losman doing more than battling Simms for the #2 spot....

Losman has starting experience, so i'd be open to his coming here...

Old Dude
04-23-2009, 09:37 AM
I don't get it. If McD wants a "thinking man's QB" there are better options.

I hope this is mostly a matter of wishful thinking by Bills fans, who are trying to figure out some way to land Sheffler as cheaply as possible.

kamakazi_kal
04-23-2009, 09:38 AM
yes.......... just what we need another project QB.

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
you guys are overreacting...

Losman would not be a bad option as a back-up QB...

kamakazi_kal
04-23-2009, 09:45 AM
you guys are overreacting...

Losman would not be a bad option as a back-up QB...

orton, simms, losman ........ their all not bad as back-ups.

colonelbeef
04-23-2009, 09:47 AM

ha. exactly

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 09:52 AM

Orton has a better winning % than most other starters (including Cutler)...

but if you want him on the bench...

kamakazi_kal
04-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Orton has a better winning % than most other starters (including Cutler)...

but if you want him on the bench...

unfortunatly we don't have that defense, special teams or running game for orton anymore.

hell losman wont have that .... well that defense, special teams or running game anymore.

well simms .......... well, he don't got a spleen anymore.......

someone please post that pic of McD with the fake smile on.

Hulamau
04-23-2009, 10:16 AM
The point of the whole speculative article as I read it was that Losman would not really become a Bronco, but would be trade bate for us getting Peppers.

oubronco
04-23-2009, 10:24 AM

hell McDyckhead don't need Cutler !!!

after seeing that lineup I puked up my lunch

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 10:35 AM
unfortunatly we don't have that defense, special teams or running game for orton anymore.

well fortunately we have do have that o-line, WRs, and best QB coach in the game for him...

oh and by the way...that "vaunted" Bears defense ranked 21st in the league last year...

oh and one more thing, that superior run game he supposedly had was ranked 24th in the league while ours ranked 12th...

so um...what were you saying again?...

kamakazi_kal
04-23-2009, 10:40 AM
well fortunately we have do have that o-line, WRs, and best QB coach in the game for him...

oh and by the way...that "vaunted" Bears defense ranked 21st in the league last year...

oh and one more thing, that superior run game he supposedly had was ranked 24th in the league while ours ranked 12th...

that defense was still better then ours and those running numbers are skewed due to all the receptions forte had .....

as for our o-line yes they played well but dont forget cutler moved very well to avoid rush ... thats no contest between him and our new QB's

as for our WR just wait for this board to blow up the first time orton underthrows marshall on a deep out.

Kaylore
04-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I don't get it. If McD wants a "thinking man's QB" there are better options.

I hope this is mostly a matter of wishful thinking by Bills fans, who are trying to figure out some way to land Sheffler as cheaply as possible.

Lossman is a free agent so if there is someone pimping his value it's his agent.

Personally there are worse number 3 QB's you could have. I don't know why people are getting all hysterical over this. He's better than Patrick Ramsey (though that's not saying much.)

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 10:50 AM
Lossman is a free agent so if there is someone pimping his value it's his agent.

Personally there are worse number 3 QB's you could have. I don't know why people are getting all hysterical over this. He's better than Patrick Ramsey (though that's not saying much.)

Its because loserman SUCKS ASS

If you ever have to have your 3rd string qb come in the game your in trouble anyway. Why not save that spot for a young project instead of a retread that sucks ass :)

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 10:53 AM
that defense was still better then ours and those running numbers are skewed due to all the receptions forte had .....

as for our o-line yes they played well but dont forget cutler moved very well to avoid rush ... thats no contest between him and our new QB's

as for our WR just wait for this board to blow up the first time orton underthrows marshall on a deep out.

eh...bottom line is you should give Orton a chance...

you brought up defense and run game for the Bears winning instead of giving Orton some credit...so i had to show you that you were wrong...

don't go into this well the Broncos D was worse stuff because we already know that...bottom line is the Bears defense didn't bail Orton out of games...the guy played well and now he comes into a situation where he has an even better chance to succeed...

let's give the guy a chance before already calling him a "back-up QB"...

bombquixote
04-23-2009, 10:58 AM
If we land enough mediocre QBs, it will almost be like having a franchise QB again.

Kaylore
04-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Its because loserman SUCKS ASS

If you ever have to have your 3rd string qb come in the game your in trouble anyway. Why not save that spot for a young project instead of a retread that sucks ass :)
I agree, but assuming the article isn't a bunch of crap (which we don't know) it said this would be an option if we couldn't find a young project to begin with.

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 11:09 AM
I agree, but assuming the article isn't a bunch of crap (which we don't know) it said this would be an option if we couldn't find a young project to begin with.

I stand corrected your correct it is a backup plan for a backup.

I can only assume my dislike for loserman effected my ability to read/think/function..........or something like that :)

kamakazi_kal
04-23-2009, 11:15 AM
eh...bottom line is you should give Orton a chance...

you brought up defense and run game for the Bears winning instead of giving Orton some credit...so i had to show you that you were wrong...

don't go into this well the Broncos D was worse stuff because we already know that...bottom line is the Bears defense didn't bail Orton out of games...the guy played well and now he comes into a situation where he has an even better chance to succeed...

let's give the guy a chance before already calling him a "back-up QB"...

that "average" bears d had 32 takeaways to denvers 13

what's the love for orton from ..... what the 1 300 yd game versus detroit? his impressive 18 to 12 TD ratio?

That average defense had a fumble rec,multiple ints or TD in every single game orton won. So I can bring it up, cutler didn't have that kind of help it was him, royal and marshall and the o-line vs. every team that walked in the building. we knew it and so did every other team. No team even needed a game plan.

Our offense carried us last year and cutlers right arm did a lot of the heavy lifting you can't deny that.

Rigs11
04-23-2009, 11:21 AM

what's the love for orton from ..... what the 1 300 yd game versus detroit? his impressive 18 to 12 TD ratio?

That average defense had a fumble rec,multiple ints or TD in every single game orton won. So I can bring it up, cutler didn't have that kind of help it was him, royal and marshall and the o-line vs. every team that walked in the building. we knew it and so did every other team. No team even needed a game plan.

Our offense carried us last year and cutlers right arm did most of the heavy lifting you can't deny that. We shouldn't have even won 6 games.

Ahh cutler aplogists.I like how culter always gets a pass due to the the crap defense we had and yet orton is already a bust even though he played well with a crap offense in chicago.lets' see how well your boy baby jay does now that he doesn't have a line or receiver wortha damn. let's see how that god like rocket arm serves him.

Kaylore
04-23-2009, 11:29 AM
I stand corrected your correct it is a backup plan for a backup.

I can only assume my dislike for loserman effected my ability to read/think/function..........or something like that :)

I agree with everyone here that he's not a starter and never will be one. He does have good arm and some decent mobility, though. It's not a bad package to have for a scout team QB.

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 11:31 AM

Our offense carried us last year and cutlers right arm did a lot of the heavy lifting you can't deny that. We shouldn't have even won 6 games.

again, we already know the Bears D was better than Denvers...that's irrelevant to my point...and since when did the number of 300 yd games become the measuring stick for a QB?...last i checked winning was...

for some reason you don't want to give Orton any credit for the Bears wins last year even though before his injury EVERYONE following the Bears acknowledged he was playing at a high level...

i also find it funny how you (and others) take the "glass half full" approach with Cutler but the "glass half empty" approach with Orton...

"Cutler has a losing record as a starter"..."Cutler helped choke away a 3 game lead with 3 weeks to go"..."Cutler threw 18 INTs"...those are the comments made by many non Bronco fans...

you on the other hand only recognize his positives and you don't want to recognize Orton's positives...why is it that Cutler can be defened for his losing record, but Orton can't be given credit for his winning record?...

it's easy to cherry pick to help your argument, but if you take all factors into account, there is no reason to consider Orton as a career back up QB...

TheDave
04-23-2009, 11:34 AM
orton, simms, losman ........

Wow... am the only one who actually got sad reading that list?

kamakazi_kal
04-23-2009, 11:38 AM
again, we already know the Bears D was better than Denvers...that's irrelevant to my point...and since when did the number of 300 yd games become the measuring stick for a QB?...last i checked winning was...

for some reason you don't want to give Orton any credit for the Bears wins last year even though before his injury EVERYONE following the Bears acknowledged he was playing at a high level...

i also find it funny how you (and others) take the "glass half full" approach with Cutler but the "glass half empty" approach with Orton...

"Cutler has a losing record as a starter"..."Cutler helped choke away a 3 game lead with 3 weeks to go"..."Cutler threw 18 INTs"...those are the comments made by many non Bronco fans...

you on the other hand only recognize his positives and you don't want to recognize Orton's positives...why is it that Cutler can be defened for his losing record, but Orton can't be given credit for his winning record?...

it's easy to cherry pick to help your argument, but if you take all factors into account, there is no reason to consider Orton as a career back up QB...

You seem to thinks its ok to go all "glass half empty" with regard to cutler so awnser your own question.

well we can agree to disagree. Cutlers gone. "the player" is now our QB.
All I can say is this better be one hell of a draft.

Beantown Bronco
04-23-2009, 11:45 AM

No worse than this a few years ago:

Brian Griese
Steve Beuerlein
Jarius Jackson

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 11:47 AM
You seem to thinks its ok to go all "glass half empty" with regard to cutler so awnser your own question.

well we can agree to disagree. Cutlers gone. "the player" is now our QB.
All I can say is this better be one hell of a draft.

no where in my posts am i dissing Cutler...i love Cutler..

but u need to stop looking at things through Cutler colored glasses...

believe it or not, both Cutler AND Orton have positves...and negatives...

Orton has won in this league...give the guy a chance...

OBF1
04-23-2009, 11:49 AM

OWNED :thumbsup:

TheDave
04-23-2009, 11:49 AM
No worse than this a few years ago:

Brian Griese
Steve Beuerlein
Jarius Jackson

True... Of course i was REALLY depressed by our QB situation back then.

Northman
04-23-2009, 11:50 AM
no where in my posts am i dissing Cutler...i love Cutler..

but u need to stop looking at things through Cutler colored glasses...

believe it or not, both Cutler AND Orton have positves...and negatives...

Orton has won in this league...give the guy a chance...

I agree. Neither him nor Simms had any real receiver threats at their respective teams. Not saying they will be HOF's but i do have a feeling they will do better than they did before. If Denver can make Jake Plummer look like a God than im sure Orton and Simms will look better than they were when had almost nothing receiving wise.

kamakazi_kal
04-23-2009, 11:51 AM
...give the guy a chance...

Well I don't really have a choice but to give him a chance.

I can sure as hell bitch about it as much as I want though.

I think it was a bad move and until we come out of this draft with a blue chip player or two I'll continue to feel the same.

kamakazi_kal
04-23-2009, 11:54 AM
I agree. Neither him nor Simms had any real receiver threats at their respective teams. Not saying they will be HOF's but i do have a feeling they will do better than they did before. If Denver can make Jake Plummer look like a God than im sure Orton and Simms will look better than they were when had almost nothing receiving wise.

Ive watched orton and simms play and I hope of those two simms wins the job. Neither impress me to much but I think simms has the better upside.

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 12:08 PM
Well I don't really have a choice but to give him a chance.

I can sure as hell b**** about it as much as I want though.

I think it was a bad move and until we come out of this draft with a blue chip player or two I'll continue to feel the same.

fair enough...

and one of us will be right and one of us will be wrong...

hopefully BOTH OF US will be rooting for me to be right...

Northman
04-23-2009, 12:30 PM
Ive watched orton and simms play and I hope of those two simms wins the job. Neither impress me to much but I think simms has the better upside.

Probably. I just really worry about his durability. I know his spleen incident was rare thing but man.

bronclvr
04-23-2009, 12:33 PM
If Denver is truly interested in Losman, could that mean that Sanchez is out?

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 12:35 PM
If Denver is truly interested in Losman, could that mean that Sanchez is out?

Sanchez was never in...

DrFate
04-23-2009, 12:50 PM
I have NO confidence in Orton. That said, Losman is the antithesis of everything we have been told Hoodie Jr. wants ('smart', accurate, no mobility, no arm)

Just stand there and throw screen passes. Losman doesn't fit that mold at all.

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 12:54 PM

It is obvious to me that you are simply not drinking enough this offseason.

Northman
04-23-2009, 12:55 PM

Thats ok, Jay and Kyle are making up for it for you. ;)

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Thats ok, Jay and Kyle are making up for it for you. ;)

Holy Hell that woman in your avatar is increadible.

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 01:03 PM

well i must be sauced then!...

cuz i'm luvin life right now....:sunshine:

TheDave
04-23-2009, 01:06 PM

Drinking?

Depending how this draft goes I might pick up a heroin habit just to get me through.

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Drinking?

Depending how this draft goes I might pick up a heroin habit just to get me through.

well i am a man of my word so i'll say again...

i'm happy right now, but if we trade up to draft Mark Sanchez, i will slap my mama...

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 01:11 PM
well i must be sauced then!...

cuz i'm luvin life right now....:sunshine:

I love the direction myself just not excited about the upcoming growing pains.

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I love the direction myself just not excited about the upcoming growing pains.

i think it was you i told ealrier before, not sure, but depending on how we draft...i see 11-5...

i think the main diff between me and many others round here is i'm a believer in Orton...

TheReverend
04-23-2009, 01:18 PM
God damn it, McDaniel's continues his obsessing with AFCE players.

TheDave
04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
well i am a man of my word so i'll say again...

i'm happy right now, but if we trade up to draft Mark Sanchez, i will slap my mama...

See I'm just the opposite... there are only 2 or 3 scenarios possible in which i don't slap my mama.

Northman
04-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Holy Hell that woman in your avatar is increadible.

Yes she is. :sunshine:

BroncoBuff
04-23-2009, 01:28 PM
Yes she is. :sunshine:

I suppose she's hot ... but I miss the Anubis death-metal motif myself.

Northman
04-23-2009, 01:29 PM
I suppose she's hot ... but I miss the Anubis death-metal motif myself.

Yea, i havent had one of those in a while. Im sure it will only be a matter of time. :)

Shoemaker
04-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Sure, why not? McDaniels has publicly stated he wants to go in to the season with 3 QBs. If we can't find one we want to draft, why not bring in Losman as a project?

Clearly you're all forgetting the McDaniels Factor. Once our new coach works his patented magic, we'll have to start calling him J.P. Winman.

cousinal11
04-23-2009, 01:53 PM
I'd rather draft a project.

TDmvp
04-23-2009, 02:05 PM
It's like god hates me ....

I wait 10 years to get a Qb who is physically gifted ONLY

to watch us trade him and sign a bunch of Qbs that are physically as well as mentally challenged ...

dbfan21
04-23-2009, 02:43 PM

to watch us trade him and sign a bunch of Qbs that are physically as well as mentally challenged ...

LOL

BroncoBuff
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM

I wait 10 years to get a Qb who is physically gifted ONLY to watch us trade him and sign a bunch of Qbs that are physically as well as mentally challenged ...

Word.

I'm finished talking Jay vs. Josh, but that post reflects my feelings exactly.

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 03:10 PM
I think I'll adopt a puppy Friday just to be safe ;)

Northman
04-23-2009, 04:29 PM

Now you know how Baltimore feels.

elsid13
04-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Great McDaniels wants Plummer 2.0

frerottenextelway
04-23-2009, 04:39 PM
It would be an epic battle between Losman, Simms, and Orton.

elsid13
04-23-2009, 04:44 PM
It would be an epic battle between Losman, Simms, and Orton.

For which one can down more JD???

Hogan11
04-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Stay far away from the Loseman. Simms & Orton are good enough.

DarkHorse
04-23-2009, 04:47 PM
I've seen failed abortions that look better than JP Losman

maher_tyler
04-23-2009, 05:05 PM
if we don't draft a 3rd QB, there's no harm in bringing him in to compete...

i have a lot of confidence in Orton, so i don't see Losman doing more than battling Simms for the #2 spot....

Losman has starting experience, so i'd be open to his coming here...

Exactly...people think were bringing him in to be the #1..nothing wrong with bringing in someone for a little competition...

maher_tyler
04-23-2009, 05:13 PM
Stay far away from the Loseman. Simms & Orton are good enough.

He's obviously not being brought in for the #1 spot...he'd be good for a 2nd or 3rd stringer. I'm not sure about anyone else but i'm not all that confident in Simms!!

BroncoBuff
04-23-2009, 05:20 PM
I dunno ... I think Simms and Orton have enough to worry about learning this offense. I don't want them to be stressing over their jobs. The CW is always that competition makes guys better ... but I think this is an exception ... they'll be competing against one another.

Hogan11
04-23-2009, 05:21 PM
He's obviously not being brought in for the #1 spot...he'd be good for a 2nd or 3rd stringer. I'm not sure about anyone else but i'm not all that confident in Simms!!

He's a waste of a roster spot at any number on the depth chart. Having been stuck with the Bills every Sunday, I've seen enough to know I've seen too much of him. I'd rather take the chance with Simms.

Atwater His Ass
04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
These reactions are hilarious. Exactly the same type that would have been posted a year ago if we expressing interest in Orton.

maher_tyler
04-23-2009, 06:23 PM
He's a waste of a roster spot at any number on the depth chart. Having been stuck with the Bills every Sunday, I've seen enough to know I've seen too much of him. I'd rather take the chance with Simms.

Word

broncosteven
04-23-2009, 06:43 PM

Maybe i am googling the wrong thing but I keep finding DA BEARS D ranked 16th, not 21st.

Where did you get 21st from? 16 puts them smack dab in the middle of the NFL. 14 spots higher than we were.

broncosteven
04-23-2009, 06:47 PM

Don't teams usually want a young project they can stash on the Practice squad to run the PS O? That way they don't have to waste a roster spot on the emergency guy?

Florida_Bronco
04-23-2009, 06:49 PM
If McD thinks he can turn Losman into something adequate, be my guest.

broncosteven
04-23-2009, 06:56 PM
I dunno ... I think Simms and Orton have enough to worry about learning this offense. I don't want them to be stressing over their jobs. The CW is always that competition makes guys better ... but I think this is an exception ... they'll be competing against one another.

NO ONE IS UNTRADEABLE! EVERY JOB WILL HAVE COMPETITION!

NO ONE IS SAFE!

IN SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM!

I THINK MY CAP LOCK WAS ON!

TheDave
04-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Maybe i am googling the wrong thing but I keep finding DA BEARS D ranked 16th, not 21st.

Where did you get 21st from? 16 puts them smack dab in the middle of the NFL. 14 spots higher than we were.

They were 16th in pts allowed and 21st in yards allowed

we were 30th in pts and 29th in yards

Taco John
04-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Orton, Simms, Lossman...

I feel like we've warped back to 2001.

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 08:08 PM

21st in yards allowed which is how teams are ranked defensively (and offensively) for that matter)...

you may be looking at pts allowed...

broncswin
04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
yes.......... just what we need another project QB.

Cutler would be in the same boat with the new HC and the O he brings:thumbs:

maher_tyler
04-24-2009, 03:13 AM
Orton, Simms, Lossman...

I feel like we've warped back to 2001.

At least we'd have a good back up to the back up to the back up.