PDA

View Full Version : Any of you sports memorabilia collectors?

TheChamp24
04-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Just wondering.
As some of you may know, I go to OU, and Sam Bradford is in one of my classes this semester.
Today I asked him to sign some stuff, he was cool about it, although I don't think he liked signing 4 things for me, but I did have the 3 8x10's I got signed personalized.
Anyways, this is the big thing for me:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/tehchamp24/OU%20Football/IMGP0574.jpg

Need to get it framed now :)

Anybody else have any cool signed stuff?

kamakazi_kal
04-23-2009, 09:51 AM
I used to buy jersey's but it seems everytime I buy one the player get traded or let go.

oubronco
04-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Fuggin awsome I talked to him at an OU Heisman winners signing session he's a pretty cool guy the others that were there are Jason White, Steve Owens, and Billy Simms

DomCasual
04-23-2009, 09:54 AM
The best stuff is always the stuff you had signed personally.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-23-2009, 09:54 AM
I have a signed Nolan Ryan rookie card, a bunch of Elway-signed stuff (including a jersey), but that's it.

That Bradford jers is badass.

TheChamp24
04-23-2009, 09:59 AM
The best stuff is always the stuff you had signed personally.

Oh yeah, I totally agree. I got a lot of autographs, mainly baseball, when I was younger as that was sort of my hobby growing up lol.

And thanks for the comments about the Bradford jersey :)

philiptr2
04-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh yeah, I totally agree. I got a lot of autographs, mainly baseball, when I was younger as that was sort of my hobby growing up lol.

And thanks for the comments about the Bradford jersey :)

Autographs are pointless unless you got them personally, and come away with a story to tell.

Nobody wants to hear that you got Pete Rose's autograph at a card show that you paid $20 to attend. But, when you have a cool story, like when I got Willie Nelson's autograph at a Village Inn in Colorado Springs (on a Village Inn Menu no less), it makes the autograph personal, and valuable to you.

Doggcow
04-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I got a bunch of **** signed by DeAngelo Casto last year, I love it. Regardless of what the "media" thinks of my autographed stuff, I love getting autographs from my team. Especially when they come to me to sign my **** because they liked the sign I made for them :D

Ratboy
04-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Sam Bradford is somebody I would want next season.

cmhargrove
04-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I got my signed 50/50 Elway jersey (among other things....)