PDA

View Full Version : We Have Pretty Decent Salary Cap Room

prunch
04-22-2009, 10:16 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/22/salary-cap-space-as-of-april-22/

$16 million ... one of the better teams in this regard.

This enables us to handle expensive trades (trade for a player with a salary that eats some cap room) or several early round picks.

FYI

cutthemdown
04-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Salary cap becoming less and less an issue. Most teams left money unspent last couple of years. In fact if we go to an uncapped year you will see teams spend even less. Many would be spending less right now except for the fact CBA makes them pay a certain amount.

CHANGSTER
04-22-2009, 10:27 PM
I'd like it if they used a bit of that to extend a couple contracts.

cutthemdown
04-22-2009, 10:33 PM
I'd like it if they used a bit of that to extend a couple contracts.

Giving Marshall a big deal right now would be risky. He just went under the knife and once again is hoping comish decides he didn't do enough wrong in offseason to warrant a suspension.

I would extend Kuper he's turned into an avg to above avg nfl guard and is worth keeping around. He keeps getting better and his price would go up I would think.

Who else do you see as someone Broncos should do an early new contract for?

TheDave
04-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Giving Marshall a big deal right now would be risky. He just went under the knife and once again is hoping comish decides he didn't do enough wrong in offseason to warrant a suspension.

I would extend Kuper he's turned into an avg to above avg nfl guard and is worth keeping around. He keeps getting better and his price would go up I would think.

They should probably get to work on cutlers contract.... eh, never mind.

Swedish Extrovert
04-23-2009, 06:49 AM

I think I said on here somewhere else that I think Kuper is our weakest link on offense, and I'd like to see Lichtenstiger or Polumbus get a shot.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-23-2009, 08:23 AM
I think I said on here somewhere else that I think Kuper is our weakest link on offense, and I'd like to see Lichtenstiger or Polumbus get a shot.

Kuper is the weakest link why? Was it all those sacks he didnt let up? Polumbus is a tackle anyway.

kupesdad
04-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Kuper is the weakest link why? Was it all those sacks he didnt let up? Polumbus is a tackle anyway.

Some people have their head up their a$$...give me a effin break

Kaylore
04-24-2009, 02:14 PM

When you are one of a handful of players that don't allow a sack in 600 gagillion passing attempts, it makes you wonder where people get their crap from. Maybe Mighty Smurf doesn't want Kuper to get a big head. :dummy:

kupesdad
04-24-2009, 02:19 PM
When you are one of a handful of players that don't allow a sack in 600 gagillion passing attempts, it makes you wonder where people get their crap from. Maybe Mighty Smurf doesn't want Kuper to get a big head. :dummy:

Too late for that...he has 3 moons orbiting that melon

SoDak Bronco
04-24-2009, 02:20 PM
Kuper is good. remember all the worry about Kuper and Harris last year? We don't even think about that side anymore.

SoDak Bronco

Way to rip on the kid..He probably gets that from his mom right?

kupesdad

His poor mother....

kupesdad
04-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Way to rip on the kid..He probably gets that from his mom right?

no...just his athleticism...she's a helluva runblocker

SoDak Bronco
04-24-2009, 02:22 PM
What does your son think of the new regime?

SoDak Bronco
04-24-2009, 02:23 PM
how did your son end up at UND?

kupesdad
04-24-2009, 02:24 PM
What does your son think of the new regime?

He was seriously stressed after mini-camp...very different vocabulary and blocking scheme's are tough

Kaylore
04-24-2009, 02:25 PM

http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/0/2007/08/03/370x278/images_sizedimage_215153425.jpg

Well there you go! Even his own father agrees.

It's too late for Kuper, MightySmurf. His head is enormous and will not go down.

We might as well just accept him as one of the elite players on our line and look to fixing areas that are actually a problem. When you have a versatile guard that didn't allow a sack all year, plays very well in the run game, can play either side of the line and even tackle in a pinch and is only 26 years old, you are not looking at a "weak" position.

cmhargrove
04-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Salary cap room? Just sayin'....

kupesdad
04-24-2009, 02:28 PM
http://llnw.image.cbslocal.com/0/2007/08/03/370x278/images_sizedimage_215153425.jpg

It's too late for Kuper, MightySmurf. His head is enormous and will not go down.

We might as well just accept him as one of the elite players on our line and look to fixing areas that are actually a problem. When you have a versatile guard that didn't allow a sack all year, plays very well in the run game, can play either side of the line and even tackle in a pinch and is only 26 years old, you are not looking at a "weak" position.

More chins than a chinese phonebook...now that he gets from his pop..I keep telling his fiance to take a good look at me because this is her future. She keeps throwing up in her mouth

cutthemdown
04-24-2009, 02:32 PM

I thought Kuper played up to the caliber of an NFL starting lineman last yr. I don't know how good he is but IMO he is a starting NFL lineman which IMO is good enough to extend him. He may still get better and IMO is more physical then Hamilton for sure. I think if either of the guys you mentioned stepped up and reached a level they can start it would be at center or RG because that is where Broncos need depth and youth.

eddie mac
04-24-2009, 02:34 PM

Wrong guard. If anything Hamilton is the weakest link and in saying that he'd still walk into a starting OG spot on any ZBS team in this league.

That should tell you something about Denver's line which was, is and will continue to be one of the most respected in the league amongst other teams.

cutthemdown
04-24-2009, 02:35 PM

I would like to see oline be more physical in the run game. I feel like both Clady, Harris, Kuper could use a little of a mean streak to get nastier.

Probably more the mentality of pass blocking and not run blocking enough. To make these guys happy and mean we need to let them hit people more, that means more running IMO.

kupesdad
04-24-2009, 02:47 PM
I would like to see oline be more physical in the run game. I feel like both Clady, Harris, Kuper could use a little of a mean streak to get nastier.

Probably more the mentality of pass blocking and not run blocking enough. To make these guys happy and mean we need to let them hit people more, that means more running IMO.

It seems that McD likes to pull the guards so Chris will have an opportunity to show his mean streak. He definitely can be nasty...

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Salary cap room? Just sayin'....

can't help but wonder...

elsid13
04-24-2009, 02:51 PM
It seems that McD likes to pull the guards so Chris will have an opportunity to show his mean streak. He definitely can be nasty...

Gets that from his mom too? right

socalorado
04-24-2009, 02:54 PM

Speaking of mean streak..
What does Chris think of some of the new guys like Hillis and Woodyard?

Master___Pain
04-24-2009, 02:54 PM

Polumbus is 6-8 and is a tackle. He's has an opportunity to be a very versatile back up to both Clady and Harris and grow behind them.

kupesdad
04-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Gets that from his mom too? right

Different kind of nasty...(I hope)

kupesdad
04-24-2009, 02:57 PM

Now you made me throw up in my mouth

elsid13
04-24-2009, 02:59 PM

Nothing more vindictive then a woman. On serious note, did Chris say how the old and new coaches working together? All on the same page or are they still trying to get comfortable with each other?

kupesdad
04-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Nothing more vindictive then a woman. On serious note, did Chris say how the old and new coaches working together? All on the same page or are they still trying to get comfortable with each other?

Everyone is trying to learn the new system including the coaches. He said Dennison is ahead but he also said that Dennison is a freaking MENSA

Rohirrim
04-24-2009, 03:49 PM
More chins than a chinese phonebook...now that he gets from his pop..I keep telling his fiance to take a good look at me because this is her future. She keeps throwing up in her mouth

:spit:

Rohirrim
04-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Everyone is trying to learn the new system including the coaches. He said Dennison is ahead but he also said that Dennison is a freaking MENSA

I am so glad they kept Dennison and Bobby Turner. I heard Bobby talking about the running back position once. Sounded like Yoda.

Bronco Yoda
04-24-2009, 04:24 PM

Good to hear that. Let Mongo loose and let him kick some butt. Will we still be using the zone-blocking scheme much?

Swedish Extrovert
04-24-2009, 06:03 PM
Kuper will probably fit McD's system better, anyway. I just prefer the more versatile o-linemen. I thought Hamilton played well in the run.

The Broncos didn't give up many sacks last year. Kuper is good, no doubt, but I felt we could do better. I guess I was wrong.

broncosteven
04-24-2009, 06:09 PM

I think he should rock out the Gene Kranz flattop. I bet he would have to beat chicks off with a stick!

Jerry Curl
04-24-2009, 07:43 PM
http://theloveofsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/julius-peppers.jpg

Northman
04-24-2009, 07:46 PM

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/9/567/31195_512x288_generated__6PQAEpSw7EOf98udHNv0kQ.jp g

Hamrob
04-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Maybe...just maybe...the QB had a little to do with the number of sacks??

I don't know...maybe it's just a thought?

kupesdad
04-25-2009, 11:03 AM
Maybe...just maybe...the QB had a little to do with the number of sacks??

I don't know...maybe it's just a thought?

Chris will be the 1st to acknowledge that cutlers athleticism was a reason that he wasn't sacked that much. you can't have it both ways... when he gets sacked it's the OL's fault...when he doesn't is because the QB is such a physical specimen...BTW he was just as elusive the year before when we gave up more sacks

broncosteven
04-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Chris will be the 1st to acknowledge that cutlers athleticism was a reason that he wasn't sacked that much. you can't have it both ways... when he gets sacked it's the OL's fault...when he doesn't is because the QB is such a physical specimen...BTW he was just as elusive the year before when we gave up more sacks

Do they think a healty Hillis have made them better? Last year was a great Oline, comparable to the SB run OLines.

kupesdad
04-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Do they think a healty Hillis have made them better? Last year was a great Oline, comparable to the SB run OLines.

When you have a threat like Hillis was when healthy it just gives them something else to think about and they can't just pin their ears back and get after the QB. I love Hillis and can't think of a reason that anyone wouldn't love him.