PDA

View Full Version : Need help with NFL Draft drinking game

Broncobiv
04-22-2009, 08:49 PM
Even though the NFL is trying to speed up the draft and make it more viewer-friendly (as opposed to the 10-hour marathons that started at 8 AM in the past), I'm sure it will still be kinda boring for the stretches where Denver isn't anywhere close to picking. So I have decided to implement an "NFL Draft drinking game".

It will be similar to other TV/movie drinking games. Such as the Family Guy drinking game (http://www.ringthis.com/tv_drinking_games/familyguy.php) or the Friends drinking game (http://www.ringthis.com/tv_drinking_games/friends.php).

I don't need a whole lot of "rules" because if there are too many, I'm sure I'll miss a bunch. Rather, I need maybe 4 rules at each level (drink 1, drink 2, drink 3, and chug the whole thing) based on rarity.

I haven't put a whole lot of thought into this yet, but so far I tentatively have:

1 drink =
Any pick is in
"Combine"
"Upside"

2 drinks =
"Risk-reward"
"Playmaker"
Someone is referred to as a "steal"

3 drinks =
Denver makes a pick
Goodell butchers the pronunciation of a player's name

Chug whole drink =
A team misses their pick
Replays of Jets fans reactions to past draft picks

missingnumber7
04-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Fans boo a pick.

Bronco Boy
04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Shotgun a beer when the words "war room" are mentioned.

Boobs McGee
04-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Every time the word "draft" is said, drink a shot of beer. As in, with the second pick of the draft...

Atlas
04-22-2009, 10:19 PM
Depends how much fun you want.

Everytime McDainels is mention DRINK,
Anytime Shanny is Mentioned drink.
Any time they mention Cutler Drink
Any thime they say Denver DRINK.
Everytime they say Denver Broncos 2 DRINKS
Whenever denver selects a player drink.
Whenever someone predicticts Denver could trade DRINK.
Offensive player draft gets a drink, Defensiver player gets 2 drinks.

Sounds easy huh??? Give it a try. You might have some lulls but there are going to be lots of back to back drinking. In fact I'm going to do this for the first day. You notice that when they are talking about Denver all of these will be talked about so you will have to be ready and be a fast drinker.

kdissette
04-22-2009, 11:35 PM
i will be using both of these suggestions in my draft day drinking/grilling binge.

CHANGSTER
04-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Every time Kiper makes you wanna throat punch him. Drink!

Anyone remember how long day 2 lasted last year? Starts at 7 pacific.

worm
04-23-2009, 12:12 AM
Anytime Kipers hair gets mentioned...that js a shot.

BuckinKaeding
04-23-2009, 12:15 AM
Anytime Chris Berman says, "Wooop!" or "back, back, back, back" or any of his other sayings, you chug.

Or anytime he says a players name and says the word "From" with a heavy emphasis.

Hogan11
04-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Anytime Chris Berman says, "Wooop!" or "back, back, back, back" or any of his other sayings, you chug.

Or anytime he says a players name and says the word "From" with a heavy emphasis.

Just like with the Farve and Brady SNF/MNF drinking games, you're gonna have to go with beer shots if you ever expect to make it out of the first round with this idea, otherwise you're never going to last.

CHANGSTER
04-23-2009, 12:21 AM
Every time Kiper makes you wanna throat punch him. Drink!

On second thought, anytime your watching espin when you have access to NFL net hit yourself in the head with the bottle.

Mogulseeker
04-23-2009, 06:06 AM
Every time the word "draft" is said, drink a shot of beer. As in, with the second pick of the draft...

Gotta love beer shots.

kamakazi_kal
04-23-2009, 08:18 AM
If you see Mcd smile on tv you have to trade your favorite full beer for a friends bad half full beer

If we take an offensive player you pound a sixer ..... if we trade up for sanchez drink till you pass out.

OABB
04-23-2009, 08:55 AM
you're looking at this all wrong.

The choices you have watching the draft are too few and far, or too over mentioned.

I say we do an orangemane chatroom drinking game;

You take a shot everytime Lex meltsdown.

every time Majik posts some completely stupid thing that makes no sense.

every time someone mentions masturbation

every time two guys call eachother bitches

every mention of the words "surprise Buttsecks, butthurt, epic, fail, woo hoo!, and finally foneco.

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 09:07 AM
Even though the NFL is trying to speed up the draft and make it more viewer-friendly (as opposed to the 10-hour marathons that started at 8 AM in the past), I'm sure it will still be kinda boring for the stretches where Denver isn't anywhere close to picking. So I have decided to implement an "NFL Draft drinking game".

It will be similar to other TV/movie drinking games. Such as the Family Guy drinking game (http://www.ringthis.com/tv_drinking_games/familyguy.php) or the Friends drinking game (http://www.ringthis.com/tv_drinking_games/friends.php).

I don't need a whole lot of "rules" because if there are too many, I'm sure I'll miss a bunch. Rather, I need maybe 4 rules at each level (drink 1, drink 2, drink 3, and chug the whole thing) based on rarity.

I haven't put a whole lot of thought into this yet, but so far I tentatively have:

1 drink =
Any pick is in
"Combine"
"Upside"

2 drinks =
"Risk-reward"
"Playmaker"
Someone is referred to as a "steal"

3 drinks =
Denver makes a pick
Goodell butchers the pronunciation of a player's name

Chug whole drink =
A team misses their pick
Replays of Jets fans reactions to past draft picks

This could cause some serious hangovers.........careful :)

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Gotta love beer shots.

LOL I've got to wonder if anyone has ever done a beer shot before :)

HILife
04-23-2009, 09:14 AM
I think you should take a shot of bacardi 151 everytime Mel Kiper says something stupid.:spit:

Taco John
04-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Dammit. I've been beaten to "every time Mel Kiper says something stupid take a drink. "

Bronco Boy
04-23-2009, 09:21 AM

Did 60 in 1 hour once. Bad idea.

HILife
04-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Dammit. I've been beaten to "every time Mel Kiper says something stupid take a drink. "

LOL got to be quick.

philiptr2
04-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Anytime the broadcast team mentions that the draft coverage is in "High Definition." - DRINK

Seriously...I have HD and I love HD, but I dont need you to tell me its in HD...I can see that it is in HD. If I dont have HD, what good is it for you to tell me its in HD?

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Anytime the broadcast team mentions that the draft coverage is in "High Definition." - DRINK

Seriously...I have HD and I love HD, but I dont need you to tell me its in HD...I can see that it is in HD. If I dont have HD, what good is it for you to tell me its in HD?

I'll drink to that

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 09:42 AM
How about you chug a beer everytime there is a Payton Manning commercial

Mogulseeker
04-23-2009, 09:49 AM

I took the new guy from our office out to dinner at a Mexican place last night. Seriously, after one pint of Dos Equis and a shot of Patron Silver,the kid was slurring, and I stupidly let him order a Rum bucket at the end. I had to take him down a notch serval times.

I think a beer shot might have been a better idea.

JLesSPE
04-23-2009, 09:52 AM

Hell yeah, power hours get me through school. I haven't done one in a while, we do century clubs now. 100 shots in 100 minutes. If you get real ballsy you can do atomic century clubs. Every 10th minute you do a shot of your favorite hard alcohol. I've only done it once...it was awesome. You know you're good (or an alcoholic) when you do 2 or 3 century clubs back to back.

This draft I'm probably gonna do a century club during the pre draft show. Try to time it so that as soon as I'm done the Lions go on the clock. Then I'll start my drink when " " game.

Drink when:
someone says "draft, upside, system, clock, pick"
Kiper makes me want to use his eyeballs as golfballs

Hopefully I can make it to round 2

Mogulseeker
04-23-2009, 10:05 AM

What's that, like 10 beers?

Broncobiv
04-23-2009, 04:55 PM
What's that, like 10 beers?
A standard shot is about 1.5 ounces. So 60 * 1.5 = 90 ounces in an hour, or 7 beers. So one beer every 8 minutes. One of the biggest problems is the foam that builds up in your stomach! It's sometimes the foam that makes you wanna hurl, not the alcohol!

Mogulseeker
04-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Ehhhh.... I'll stick with the top-shelf Tequila, and beer pints.

Broncobiv
04-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Every time the camera shows an expected high pick waiting in the green room all depressed because he's fallen out of the top 15, take 3 drinks. Example: Aaron Rodgers.

Atlas
04-23-2009, 08:44 PM

Yeah we used to do that. I think we did 90 minutes..... I can't remember. I know it was very hard at the end.

nickademus
04-23-2009, 08:59 PM
this should be totally based on draft only words and phrases like "upside" "latteral movement" "burst" you get the idea and if one of the 4 leter monolith dorks comes up with something new and terrible it should be a whole beer. Chris Berman would give anyone alcohol poisoning in this game.

nickademus
04-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah we used to do that. I think we did 90 minutes..... I can't remember. I know it was very hard at the end.

this my fried is century club 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes (roughly a 12 pack).

Atlas
04-23-2009, 09:04 PM
this my fried is century club 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes (roughly a 12 pack).

Duh.... Yeah it was "Century" Great game!!!! One tiny shot a minute sounds easy..... LMAO

listopencil
04-23-2009, 10:37 PM
Just do what I do every year. Whenever the Broncos pass on D talent take a long pull from the tequila bottle.

TheChamp24
04-23-2009, 10:58 PM
1 drink:
a player picked is deemed to have "raw" or "upside"
booing of a pick
every time you see a Madden 10 commercial

2 drinks:
a player is a "reach"
a player is a "steal"

3 drinks:
team uses up almost all of its allotted time

4 drinks:
team misses its pick and next team in line makes a pick

robbieopperude
04-24-2009, 01:46 AM
1 drink:
You see a Denver Broncos logo.
2 drinks:
Mel Kiper refers to his mock draft/big board.
3 drinks:
Any time ESPN cuts to report in on some news or performs an interview.
4 drinks:
Every time Josh McDaniels name is mentioned.
Finish your drink:
A trade is announced.
<!-- / message -->

24champ
04-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Hell yeah, power hours get me through school. I haven't done one in a while, we do century clubs now. 100 shots in 100 minutes. If you get real ballsy you can do atomic century clubs. Every 10th minute you do a shot of your favorite hard alcohol. I've only done it once...it was awesome. You know you're good (or an alcoholic) when you do 2 or 3 century clubs back to back.

This draft I'm probably gonna do a century club during the pre draft show. Try to time it so that as soon as I'm done the Lions go on the clock. Then I'll start my drink when " " game.

Drink when:
someone says "draft, upside, system, clock, pick"
Kiper makes me want to use his eyeballs as golfballs

Hopefully I can make it to round 2

Pat Bowlen is that you?

Broncobiv
04-25-2009, 01:40 PM
O.K., using my own ideas and other people's suggestions, I've settled on the "official" rules for the version I'll be playing today...feel free to join in or modify!

1 drink =
Any pick is in
"Combine"
"Upside"
"Reach"

2 drinks =
"War room"
"Risk-reward"
"Steal"
Trade with just picks occurs
Josh McDaniels's name is mentioned

3 drinks =