PDA

View Full Version : Profootball Reporting Curry to be #1

lostknight
04-22-2009, 03:20 PM
Profootballtalk is reporting that a deal is basically finished for Curry to be the #1 pick. If that's the case, that increases the chances that Sanchez will be available at 12 considerably.

My take. I want Tyson Jackson or BJ Raji. If they are off the board, I am fine with Sanchez.

tsiguy96
04-22-2009, 03:23 PM
the deal is done. doesnt mean they are going to pick him though, they are waiting to see waht the stafford deal does and how much it will cost. but in case it takes too long or he wants too much, they have curry.

Inkana7
04-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Really? Despite the recent report that the Lions were negotiating with Stafford?

TheDave
04-22-2009, 03:24 PM
They are still negotiating with Stafford... If They can't ink a deal with him by Friday then they will go with Curry.

bap454
04-22-2009, 03:26 PM
While a deal is probly reached..... it doesnt mean he will be the #1 pick. I did read somewhere that Curry said he would take last years #1 picks money. Saves the team a couple million. Could happen.. Its just not official untils announced at the podium.

theAPAOps5
04-22-2009, 03:28 PM
I hope it happens, not so Sanchez falls to Denver but so KC can't get him.

Gcver2ver3
04-22-2009, 03:30 PM
as already stated multiple times, this doesn't mean Curry will be the #1 pick and in fact i'm almost certain Curry WON'T be the #1 pick...

nor the #2 pick for that matter...

broncofan7
04-22-2009, 03:34 PM
as already stated multiple times, this doesn't mean Curry will be the #1 pick and in fact i'm almost certain Curry WON'T be the #1 pick...
nor the #2 pick for that matter...

Why are you certain? I could see them drafting Curry #1 if Stafford wants too much guaranteed $$$ and DET pulling off a trade with CLE for Brady Quinn for their #2 this year or next. And if I was DET's GM, that's the direction I would go anyhow--with Curry or the LT from Baylor (Smith) as my #1. Quinn has 3 yrs experience and won't be wet behind the ears.......so how you are certain is beyond me.

Gcver2ver3
04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Why are you certain? I could see them drafting Curry #1 if Stafford wants too much guaranteed $$$ and DET pulling off a trade with CLE for Brady Quinn for their #2 this year or next. And if I was DET's GM, that's the direction I would go anyhow--with Curry or the LT from Baylor (Smith) as my #1. Quinn has 3 yrs experience and won't be wet behind the ears.......so how you are certain is beyond me.

simply a leverage move to further motivate Stafford to sign quicker rather than later...

stafford will prolly be signed and announced before the end of tomorrow night...maybe even tonight...

just wait and see if you don't believe me...

footstepsfrom#27
04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Nothing signed yet?

Kaylore
04-22-2009, 03:39 PM

That's where I'm coming from. It also would prevent them from trading down forcing them to use their pick at 3. Mwa ha ha!

Hotrod
04-22-2009, 03:44 PM
IMO the lions should infact take Curry. That franchise has no business hitching itself to a 38million dollar unproven QB. Then having to pay a #20 and #33 when they field an 0-16 team with more holes then well something with alot of holes.

azbroncfan
04-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Dang I want KC to get an expensive version of a slightly better DJ Williams.

TheDave
04-22-2009, 03:46 PM

Unfortunately, if Stafford slides to 3 they could possibly get a kings ransom for that pick.

If Curry goes #1 the top 10 could get real interesting.

lex
04-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Has Cassel actually worked out a deal with KC yet?

broncofan7
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Has Cassel actually worked out a deal with KC yet?

Not that I've heard......

DrFate
04-22-2009, 04:06 PM
I would love this to happen - I host a draft party and this kind of unexpected shake up would make that first day a LOT of fun

:)

FireFly
04-22-2009, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't be suprised in the slightest by this. In fact, its not a bad move on their part, particularly if they feel that Freedman will be available when they pick next. And if Stafford and Sanchez are sliding a little, the chances of them being able to grab Freedman greatly increase.

broncofan7
04-22-2009, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't be suprised in the slightest by this. In fact, its not a bad move on their part, particularly if they feel that Freedman will be available when they pick next. And if Stafford and Sanchez are sliding a little, the chances of them being able to grab Freedman greatly increase.

Freedman?--oh yeah, the Jewish QB from CUNY queens....

Northman
04-22-2009, 04:48 PM

Same.

baja
04-22-2009, 04:55 PM

Good point but that means they might reach for Tyson Jackson.

DeuceOfClub
04-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Sanchez couldn't even beat John David Booty in 2007.

John David Booty

Paladin
04-22-2009, 05:03 PM
NFL shows Raji, Jackson and Sanchez all gone in the first ten. Interesting mock they had tonight. I think it repeats later, catch it if you can. Orakpo should be there at 12.....

They had Faiders taking Crabtree, mullets taking an OT, and Seattle taking Sanchez, Packers taling Raji. Frankkly, it was a more realistic mock than any I have seen thus far......

In that scenario, I would see DEnver taking Orakpo at 12, and going for a DE at 18. Maybe Ayers or Maybin.....

footstepsfrom#27
04-22-2009, 05:10 PM

John David Booty
Why wouldn't he change his last name?

Rohirrim
04-22-2009, 05:17 PM

John David Booty

How did Cassell do?

BroncoBuff
04-22-2009, 05:24 PM

John David BootyHow did Cassell do?
ZING!

You can never tell at USC ... they have 5-star quarterbacks stacked up like cordwood.

Right now, even with Sanchez announcing early, they still have THREE 5-star QBs .... Matt Barkley, Aaron Corp and Mitch Mustain.

gyldenlove
04-22-2009, 06:02 PM
ZING!

You can never tell at USC ... they have 5-star quarterbacks stacked up like cordwood.

Right now, even with Sanchez announcing early, they still have THREE 5-star QBs .... Matt Barkley, Aaron Corp and Mitch Mustain.

How did Leinart do?

tsiguy96
04-22-2009, 06:14 PM
ZING!

my question is why would all these QBs sign there if only one can start? do two eventually transfer?

cutthemdown
04-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Dang I want KC to get an expensive version of a slightly better DJ Williams.

DJ would have been a lot better had Broncos not stifled his development by making him switch to SSL for gold, then MLB because Al Wilson was hurt.

IMO Broncos totally ruined the talent DJ showed coming out of college.

Bronco Boy
04-22-2009, 06:21 PM
my question is why would all these QBs sign there if only one can start? do two eventually transfer?

Because they want to play in the NFL.

cutthemdown
04-22-2009, 06:21 PM
How did Leinart do?

Lienart IMO is failing because he took the money and started partying, instead of working hard and trying to play QB. He was talented and could still get it together later in career, but his failure was not because he lacked the ability to play QB in the NFL.

MVP-06
04-22-2009, 06:42 PM
not a bad play on the Ligers part. Puts pressure on Stafford. How bad do you wan't to be #1. If he doesn't go to Detroit he could be sliding into our neck of the woods and Sanchez could be #1 qb taken

azbroncfan
04-22-2009, 07:09 PM
DJ would have been a lot better had Broncos not stifled his development by making him switch to SSL for gold, then MLB because Al Wilson was hurt.

IMO Broncos totally ruined the talent DJ showed coming out of college.

I still would love KC to draft Curry. You don't pick a LB at #3 that is unproven as a pass rusher.

Dedhed
04-22-2009, 07:13 PM
My take. I want Tyson Jackson or BJ Raji. If they are off the board, I am fine with Sanchez.
I'm not a fan of any of the 3. All are tops in historically poor drafts for their positions. Raji has issues, Jackson is ho hum and only the #1 guy if you narrow the margins way down. I like Sanchez the best of the 3.

That said, I hope we don't take any of them.

theAPAOps5
04-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Good point but that means they might reach for Tyson Jackson.

Yes but other talent will trickle down because of this. That and it puts Denver in an opportunity to deal to get better.

St. Louis won't draft a QB. If Curry goes number 1 then they will be all over the LT from Baylor. So now we get to 3. Even if KC takes Tyson Jackson its not a bad thing and I really think they covet a LB so they might either trade down where there is more value at LB or reach.

So now both QB's are still there at 4. Seattle will take one of them. If they are smart they take Sanchez but they probably go with the sexy pick in Stafford. Maybe Cleveland takes Sanchez but now they have 3 high paid QB's on the roster. Starts to look like Detroit and their WR addiction. Cincy doesn't need a QB and Oakland doesn't think they do and their owner poops himself.

So that puts us at 8 where Jacksonville sits. Are they ready to continue on with Gerrard or do they take Sanchez/Stafford. Or do they now sit in a position to trade back. There are teams who will jump to move up to 8.

Bottom line is if this really happens it will push decent talent down towards our pick even if Tyson Jackson is gone. This is a pretty decent series of events if they are true.

NFLBRONCO
04-22-2009, 08:12 PM
When has NE team traded up in the draft lately I doubt Josh will move up.

BroncoMan4ever
04-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Really? Despite the recent report that the Lions were negotiating with Stafford?

i think they were negotiating with Curry, Smith and Stafford, and just seeing who would be done 1st and who will cost the least.

i have read Stafford is wanting something like 38million guaranteed, so they may take Curry because his position can't realistically command as much money

DeuceOfClub
04-23-2009, 05:35 AM
How did Cassell do?

Bad example, IMO, Caseell, this year, will quickly show everyone why he is a "life-time-backup".
Playing for a 16-0 team last year with excellent protection good WRs and great coaching, made him look real good.
I fully expect him to fall flat on his ass this year. As for Sanchez: I'll go back to my previous point, if you can even beat JDB on the USC Depth-Chart I'm not expecting you to be anything more than serviceable, maybe?

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 05:45 AM
How did Leinart do?

How did Carson Palmer do?

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 05:47 AM
Bad example, IMO, Caseell, this year, will quickly show everyone why he is a "life-time-backup".
Playing for a 16-0 team last year with excellent protection good WRs and great coaching, made him look real good.
I fully expect him to fall flat on his ass this year. As for Sanchez: I'll go back to my previous point, if you can even beat JDB on the USC Depth-Chart I'm not expecting you to be anything more than serviceable, maybe?

This is a message board. People are wrong all the time. ;D

KillerBronco#76
04-23-2009, 06:56 AM
I still would love KC to draft Curry. You don't pick a LB at #3 that is unproven as a pass rusher.

. I guess your really a glass half-full type of guy because Curry in nasty.
I have nightmares every night about playing him twice a year. He is both the strongest and fastest linebacker in the draft.(A strong linebacker class i may add). He could play free safety if that's what a team wanted to do with him. He is the scariest player in the draft by far and will have no problem with the blitz. I'd be willing to bet if he goes to the chiefs he gets defensive rookie of the year. Please believe me you do not want the chiefs to get him.

Detroit should sign him just for the fact he would be the only person on that defense that could tackle AD. That and he is a player you can build a defense around. Imagine Al Wilson on steroids and crack simultaneously.

Just join in the chant with me " Stafford needs to much money, please take Aaron Curry" ...

By the way guys...We are not drafting Sanchez it just doesn't make sense. I hope we don't draft him at least that would be a waste of a 2nd round pick and the 13th pick we could have gotten from washington.

oubronco
04-23-2009, 07:12 AM
Why wouldn't he change his last name?

because he likes the Booty

KCStud
04-23-2009, 07:25 AM
It's doubtful that Jackson or Raji will be there at 12. KC and CLE are very high on both, as is Green Bay and SF

HILife
04-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Profootballtalk is reporting that a deal is basically finished for Curry to be the #1 pick. If that's the case, that increases the chances that Sanchez will be available at 12 considerably.

That would make the draft a little more intresting if it turned out this way. The phonelines would go crazy with people wanting to make trades for the QBs.

baja
04-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Someone is going to clean up in a trade with Snyder to move up for Sanchez, hope it's us. We swap picks and we get 3rd next year or a promising player at a position of need.

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Someone is going to clean up in a trade with Snyder to move up for Sanchez, hope it's us. We swap picks and we get 3rd next year or a promising player at a position of need.

It's a shame if Sanchez goes to the Skins. If he gets a couple of years to carry a clipboard and learn the pro game, I think he'll end up a franchise QB. If he gets tossed into the starting role his first year (like he will in Washington) I think it will ruin him. What does Snyder care? It's all just fantasy football to him.

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2009, 09:27 AM

unless Denver get's creative, it won't be us...

Seattle is in the best spot if they're not really interested in Sanchez...because the Jets and Redskins (and hopefully not us) will get into a bidding war for the #4 pick...Seattle could clean up, and conceivably still pick just one pick behind our 1st pick...

unless KC is coheresed into trading their #3 pick, which could happen...Skins/Jets may be afraid that Seattle's interest in Sanchez isn't a smokescreen and may try and trade with the Chiefs...if that's the case, the chiefs will make out like a fat rat...

then there's Jacksonville...they have a pick outside the top 5 making it cheaper to acquire...if Sanchez is available at 8, then they will almost certainly have suiters as trade partners...Redskins have the edge being their pick is better than NY's...

basically my point is Denver is out of the mix because Sanchez isn't falling to #12...he gets no further than #8...

the only way we're even remotely in the mix is if we trade up with Jax for their #8 (in an effort to get a D-lineman) and Sanchez is still on the board ...frankly, it's in our best interest this doesn't happen because we'll be in a bidding war with the Jets & Skins...

hopefully Sanchez is long gone before the #8 pick, so if we wanna trade a 3rd round pick to swap with Jax to get Raji/Jackson, we won't have to outbid anyone...Jax picking up a 3rd rounder just to move back 4 spots is a no-brainer for them unless they want someone badly enough at #8...

SonOfLe-loLang
04-23-2009, 09:29 AM
How did Leinart do?

Leinart can still be a good QB. Its not like hes losing playing time to Gibran Hamden. It's to friggin Kurt Warner.

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 09:32 AM
unless Denver get's creative, it won't be us...

Seattle is in the best spot if they're not really interested in Sanchez...because the Jets and Redskins (and hopefully not us) will get into a bidding war for the #4 pick...Seattle could clean up, and conceivably still pick just one pick behind our 1st pick...

unless KC is coheresed into trading their #3 pick, which could happen...Skins/Jets may be afraid that Seattle's interest in Sanchez isn't a smokescreen and may try and trade with the Chiefs...if that's the case, the chiefs will make out like a fat rat...

then there's Jacksonville...they have a pick outside the top 5 making it cheaper to acquire...if Sanchez is available at 8, then they will almost certainly have suiters as trade partners...Redskins have the edge being their pick is better than NY's...

basically my point is Denver is out of the mix because Sanchez isn't falling to #12...he gets no further than #8...

the only way we're even remotely in the mix is if we trade up with Jax for their #8 and Sanchez is still on the board...frankly, it's in our best interest this doesn't happen because we'll be in a bidding war with the Jets & Skins...

hopefully Sanchez is long gone before the #8 pick, so if we wanna trade a 3rd round pick to swap with Jax to get Raji/Jackson, we won't have to outbid anyone...Jax picking up a 3rd rounder just to move back 4 spots is a no-brainer for them unless they want someone badly enough at #8...

I don't see Sanchez getting past Seattle at #4. From all the reports, Seattle was a big player at Sanchez' pro-day workouts. They were pretty locked in on him. It would be the perfect setup for Sanchez. He goes and learns under Hasselbeck for a couple of seasons and he's ready to take over after that. It would be a very smart move for the Hawks.

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Leinart can still be a good QB. Its not like hes losing playing time to Gibran Hamden. It's to friggin Kurt Warner.

Leinart has to decide what he wants to do with his life. If he wants to be a QB, he's got all the talent in the world. If he wants to be a playboy...
I thought he took his benching very well. He's shown more maturity. I don't think the story on him is written yet.

tsiguy96
04-23-2009, 09:44 AM
I don't see Sanchez getting past Seattle at #4. From all the reports, Seattle was a big player at Sanchez' pro-day workouts. They were pretty locked in on him. It would be the perfect setup for Sanchez. He goes and learns under Hasselbeck for a couple of seasons and he's ready to take over after that. It would be a very smart move for the Hawks.

not that what they say means a whole lot, but seattle announced today they will not be drafting a QB....

Old Dude
04-23-2009, 09:59 AM
not that what they say means a whole lot, but seattle announced today they will not be drafting a QB....

Walter Jones is 35 and coming off a knee surgery. Maybe they are looking at the OTs?

NFLBRONCO
04-23-2009, 10:09 AM
I think they go OT I can't see them paying top 4 money on a QB who sits on the bench a few years.

baja
04-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Walter Jones is 35 and coming off a knee surgery. Maybe they are looking at the OTs?

that's what I think too.

oubronco
04-23-2009, 10:31 AM

take it for what it's worth but ESPN reported that Seattle is one of 4 teams infatuated with Sanchez

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 10:54 AM
If you're picking at the #4 spot, you have to decide if your long term interests are better served by picking a QB or a LT. I'll bet most GMs would go with QB.

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Can someone clarify something for me. If the lions do inface "sign a contract" with player X do the Rams have the right to start negotiations or is that honor exclusive to the #1 team and them only.

Old Dude
04-23-2009, 11:49 AM
If you're picking at the #4 spot, you have to decide if your long term interests are better served by picking a QB or a LT. I'll bet most GMs would go with QB.

Maybe, but you really, really don't want a bust when you're drafting that high and QB success is usually harder to predict than success for OTs.

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 01:00 PM
Can someone clarify something for me. If the lions do infact "sign a contract" with player X do the Rams have the right to start negotiations or is that honor exclusive to the #1 team and them only.

bump :)

Hercules Rockefeller
04-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Can someone clarify something for me. If the lions do inface "sign a contract" with player X do the Rams have the right to start negotiations or is that honor exclusive to the #1 team and them only.

The League wants some suspense in the draft, they don't want to go into a situation where (hypothetically) the teams in the Top 5 have all signed their player. They'll let the team with the 1st overall do it, but not the rest.

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 01:12 PM
The League wants some suspense in the draft, they don't want to go into a situation where (hypothetically) the teams in the Top 5 have all signed their player. They'll let the team with the 1st overall do it, but not the rest.

Makes perfect sense. Thank you sir

Drek
04-23-2009, 01:17 PM

No. When Alex Smith signed with the 49ers the #2 team that year, Miami, asked if they could begin negotiations and where denied. The pick needs to be officially announced at the podium for the second team to get on the clock.

TheDave
04-23-2009, 01:19 PM
FWIW... NFL.com has a mock draft up now that shows Curry dropping all the way to #12.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80fec297&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 01:21 PM
FWIW... NFL.com has a mock draft up now that shows Curry dropping all the way to #12.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80fec297&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I would piss myself

TheDave
04-23-2009, 01:32 PM
I would piss myself

I don't see how it could happen, but it isn't the first time I've heard it.

BroncoBuff
04-23-2009, 01:40 PM
take it for what it's worth but ESPN reported that Seattle is one of 4 teams infatuated with Sanchez

I dunno if this matters, but the local media here was all over Michael Crabtree at first, until the injury news ... since then they've been concentrating the OTs, with some talk of Aaron Curry to maybe replace the traded Julian Peterson.

Not much reported about Sanchez really ... these fans love Matt Hasselbeck.

For whatever local media is worth anyway.

BroncoBuff
04-23-2009, 01:43 PM

Yes, but that same mock has us taking Cushing at 18, so ....

My question is: Has anybody even looked at our D-Line depth chart? It's a disaster zone. I keep repeating my favorite D-line stat: Marcus Thomas has more NFL starts - 21 - than all the D-linemen on our roster combined. THAT is an eye-popping number.

So yeah, nfl.com ... we're gonna take two LBs at 12 and 18. Good call! :oyvey:

cutthemdown
04-23-2009, 01:49 PM

My question is: Has anybody even looked at our D-Line depth chart? It's a disaster zone. I keep repeating my favorite D-line stat: Marcus Thomas has more NFL starts - 21 - than all the D-linemen on our roster combined. THAT is an eye-popping number.

The might. Linebacker is the talent in this yrs first round. They could still come back and take Dline in the 2nd and 3rd, and grab 3 players there. Who knows Broncos may even make a trade for dline. Honestly Cushing is a good player if he was there at 18 Broncos would be smart to think about taking him. Same with Curry or Orakpo at 12 if they slid.

Tyson Jackson really the only dend that seems worth a top 15 pick and he may go much earlier then that.

Raji more a 4-3 DT, he had a big guy playing DT next to him in college.

Who knows seems like linebacker is the value, would not be surprised to see Broncos take some of them.

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 01:52 PM
If we left the 1st round with Curry and Cushing I'd pee and poop myself.

I promise

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 01:57 PM
I don't think I would complain too much if the Broncos took Curry and Cushing. I'd be too drunk and dancing naked in the street to complain. What this mock really shows me is that this draft is completely up in the air and nobody knows what's going to happen.

NFLBRONCO
04-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Denver needs everything so as long as its D its hard to complain too much.

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 02:03 PM

We're not going to fix it in one draft or one offseason. We've got to take the best of what's available now.

elsid13
04-23-2009, 02:35 PM
I would piss myself

How that different from every weekend?

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 02:37 PM
How that different from every weekend?

I'll still be soberish by the 12th pick

dbfan21
04-23-2009, 02:42 PM

HMMM...I would love Curry & Cushing at LB...it would be even better if we got Ron Brace in Round 2. That would be awesome!!

broncofan7
04-23-2009, 02:50 PM
HMMM...I would love Curry & Cushing at LB...it would be even better if we got Ron Brace in Round 2. That would be awesome!!

That would be worthy of an extra round @ Hooters for sure........

BroncoBuff
04-23-2009, 03:05 PM
We're not going to fix it in one draft or one offseason. We've got to take the best of what's available now.

You're so dismissive lately ??? This time you missed my point.

Yes you're right, we won't fix this putrid defense in one draft ... but our weaknesses are different by magnitudes from one unit to the next.

We do have several good, experienced linebackers ... but we have NOTHING on the D-Line. Marcus Thomas has more NFL starts than all the other D-linemen combined.

As it stands now, MT and Kenny Peterson are our 3-4 DE starters. So we need high quality guys right away. An effective starter at DE right away, and an effective rotation NT right away. If the value isn't there, then trade back. But we need to address this situation as high as possible in this draft because we need a starter and a rotation guy now. You prolly don't get those guys on Day 2.

2007's Amon Gordon and 2008's Calvin Lowry will become 2009's Nic Clemons or Ryan McBean if we don't act and act boldly.

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 03:39 PM
You're so dismissive lately ??? This time you missed my point.

Yes you're right, we won't fix this putrid defense in one draft ... but our weaknesses are different by magnitudes from one unit to the next.

We do have several good, experienced linebackers ... but we have NOTHING on the D-Line. Marcus Thomas has more NFL starts than all the other D-linemen combined.

As it stands now, MT and Kenny Peterson are our 3-4 DE starters. So we need high quality guys right away. An effective starter at DE right away, and an effective rotation NT right away. If the value isn't there, then trade back. But we need to address this situation as high as possible in this draft because we need a starter and a rotation guy now. You prolly don't get those guys on Day 2.

2007's Amon Gordon and 2008's Calvin Lowry will become 2009's Nic Clemons or Ryan McBean if we don't act and act boldly.

Are you kidding? We have Carlton Powell and the Mighty McChesney! We're set. ;D

Hotrod
04-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Are you kidding? We have Carlton Powell and the Mighty McChesney! We're set. ;D

You sir need some more koolaid

http://boortz.com/images/funny/koolaid_oh_yeah.jpg

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 03:44 PM
You sir need some more koolaid

http://boortz.com/images/funny/koolaid_oh_yeah.jpg

I'm surprised at you. McChesney is the new Mustard! :sunshine:

BroncoBuff
04-23-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm surprised at you. McChesney is the new Mustard! :sunshine:

Hahahaha ... Hotrod, MM would not be a bad choice for your new adopt-a-player ???

You can be sure you'll never see me arguing against McChesney ... he's a warrior.

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Hahahaha ... Hotrod, MM would not be a bad choice for your new adopt-a-player ???

You can be sure you'll never see me arguing against McChesney ... he's a warrior.

Great idea! :wiggle:

Rohirrim
04-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Beat writer Tom Kowalski reports that the Lions have a contract in place that would make Aaron Curry the No. 1 overall pick, and are in wait-and-see mode in negotiations with Matthew Stafford.
The Lions prefer Stafford, but are using Curry's deal (which is certainly smaller) as leverage in contract talks. GM Martin Mayhew reportedly won't let negotiations last past Friday. If no deal is reached by then, Curry will be the No. 1 pick. A source tells Kowalski that Stafford's agent will likely agree to a deal, but expects the process to last right up until the deadline. Apr. 22 - 5:31 pm et
Source: MLive.com