PDA

View Full Version : Trading up for Curry

Elway777
04-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Should the Broncos trade our 12 and 18 picks to the Cheifs for the 3 pick plus a 4 rounder. Curry could be a real leader for the team . The second round the Broncos look at Ziggy Hood .

Hotrod
04-22-2009, 10:38 AM
No

no-pseudo-fan
04-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Hell to the NO.
http://www.ecorazzi.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/whitney-2.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
04-22-2009, 10:50 AM
The maaaaaaaaaaad scientist!

socalorado
04-22-2009, 10:54 AM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/matted_mariah/puking.jpg

Gcver2ver3
04-22-2009, 10:58 AM
oh goodness no...

Broncosfreak_56
04-22-2009, 11:08 AM

Jesus Christ:Whaaaa!:

socalorado
04-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Jesus Christ:Whaaaa!:

Shes a solid 3rd rounder.
She can play the NT or DT in a 4-3.
Explosive, with good build. Gets to the QB fast, and has a wicked arm sweep.
Known for her pattened trash talk, she at times scares opposing players.

meangene
04-22-2009, 11:16 AM
I might consider a 3rd rounder to move up if he fell closer to our pick - say in the 8-10 range. A possibility if the Chiefs pass on him.

Elway777
04-22-2009, 11:32 AM
What about the 12 and 18 for the Chiefs 3 plus 3 round pick .The Broncos could be drafting with Jackson,Raji and Orakapo and Brown all gone.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Give it up.

Northman
04-22-2009, 12:17 PM
As much as i like Curry no.

Hotrod
04-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey anyone want to package our 2 #1's and move up for Percy Harvin???

azbroncfan
04-22-2009, 03:09 PM
No way you move up for a LB that is unproven as a pass rusher. Denver already has a similar LB that can't rush the passer in DJ. Too many holes too. I just hope that Denver can get Jackson at 12.

no-pseudo-fan
04-22-2009, 03:11 PM
Aaron Curry is a slightly meaner DJ Williams

cmhargrove
04-22-2009, 03:26 PM
"What the hell are you thinkin'?"

NFLBRONCO
04-22-2009, 03:28 PM
If anything Denver needs to trade down. Denver needs DE NT LB RB FS that is 5 huge needs with 3
high picks we need 1 or 2 more picks to move in 2nd round area.

Elway777
04-22-2009, 03:40 PM
If the Broncos draft Curry in the first, Cody Brown in the 3 round , Willie Williams in the 7. The Broncos bring in alot of speed to their version of the 3-4
The Broncos start Sam Cody Brown Ted Aaron Curry Mike D.J. Williams Jack Willie Williams. Dumervil and Moss can play situational pass rushers . I could see a draft like this 3. Aaron Curry 48. Ron Brace 3a Fila Moala 3b Cody Brown 3c Kevin Barnes. The Broncos have the same # of picks in the first 3 round . Curry can play the Sam ,Ted or even the Jack.

OBF1
04-22-2009, 03:52 PM
What part of NO do you not understand???

I will set you up on a pole smoking adventure with Curry if your man crush is that big.

eddie mac
04-22-2009, 03:54 PM
No and Hood is a 1st rd pick.

Elway777
04-22-2009, 04:02 PM
If the price is right ,then why not move up to get the best player in the draft.The Broncos might even be able to trade a 1 , 2 and 3 and still have 18 pick plus another 3 rounder. The cost of the 3 pick would be I'm guessing about 8 million per year.

broncos-rock
04-22-2009, 04:18 PM
If we can I think we and the chiefs both move back. New England has been pretty successful moving back not up and I think we follow that!

SonOfLe-loLang
04-22-2009, 04:18 PM
If the price is right ,then why not move up to get the best player in the draft.The Broncos might even be able to trade a 1 , 2 and 3 and still have 18 pick plus another 3 rounder. The cost of the 3 pick would be I'm guessing about 8 million per year.

The maaaaaaaaaaaaad scientist. Even if this were to happen, why the heck would you want a 7th round pick, who played like division 3 ball, starting immediately

Drek
04-22-2009, 05:00 PM
In the mock draft I put #12 and #48 up for Curry. I'd be happy if we did the same in real life, but no more.

And if we did I'd then want to see us trade back from #18, getting a mid-2nd round pick and a 2010 1st.

Elway777
04-22-2009, 05:11 PM
In the mock draft I put #12 and #48 up for Curry. I'd be happy if we did the same in real life, but no more.

And if we did I'd then want to see us trade back from #18, getting a mid-2nd round pick and a 2010 1st. I would go for that. It could also cost a player like 3 rounder.The Broncos would have Curry and 2 and 3 round pick this year and 3 first next year. And to all those people who think that New England is great at drafting then think again. I think New England has one of the worst drafting reconds around. New England is good at bringing in low cost free agents and getting the most out of those players.

Drek
04-22-2009, 05:12 PM
I would go for that. It could also cost a player like 3 rounder.The Broncos would have Curry and 2 and 3 round pick this year and 3 first next year. And to all those people who think that New England is great at drafting then think again. I think New England has one of the worst drafting reconds around. New England is good at bringing in low cost free agents and getting the most out of those players.

I'll say the same thing I told Socalorado in the mock draft. Team wants anything more than the 1st and 2nd they can walk.

**** the trade value charts. If I'm taking on a top 5 salary you should be thanking me that I'm giving you a 2nd.

Any team has a problem with that I'd have no problems walking away. Its the 1 and 2 and nothing else.

azbroncfan
04-22-2009, 05:21 PM

That is a lot to give up for a LB that isn't a pass rushing force especially with all the holes on the team.

Elway777
04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
That is a lot to give up for a LB that isn't a pass rushing force especially with all the holes on the team. The Broncos trade down from 18 to late first round and get a extra second. The Broncos end up trading up for the Best player in the draft for only a 3 rounder. I think Curry could play any linebacker spot.

OBF1
04-22-2009, 06:15 PM
It could happen...Broncos keep trading all day long. Boy are you going to be disappointed.

TheChamp24
04-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Aaron Curry is going to be the next Lavar Arrington, I just get that feeling.
Too much hype for him, I guarantee he won't live up to it.

gyldenlove
04-22-2009, 07:11 PM

The problem is that right now he is the best player in the draft. He is NFL ready, he is hugely athletic, he is a team leader and a team player, he is a student of the game with excellent instincts and smarts, technically he is probably the best player at that position to come out in at least 3 years, he has shown a lot of maturity off the field.

Obviously with his position he is not as valuable as some other players at positions of more impact, which has to be considered, but he is a guy who will play in all situations, he is certainly an every down guy.

If Curry drops out of the top 5, he won't go to Oakland at 7, that seems a given, Cincinnati could take him, but they could be forced to take someone else for need. Jacksonville at 8 will probably be willing to trade down for cheap if they can't get a WR or QB, so I could see a scenario where we could move up to 8 and get Curry if he falls for 12 and a third rounder. I would pull the trigger on that deal.

Elway777
04-22-2009, 09:23 PM
I think Curry could be the Broncos Ray Lewis . I would do a trade with the cheifs. Our 12,48 and Chicago 3 round pick for the 3 pick. With 18 pick the Broncos trade down for a late first round pick plus a second rounder.The Broncos then draft Ziggy Hood and Ron Brace. That would be a great first day for Broncos.

OBF1
04-22-2009, 09:26 PM
The problem is that right now he is the best player in the draft. He is NFL ready, he is hugely athletic, he is a team leader and a team player, he is a student of the game with excellent instincts and smarts, technically he is probably the best player at that position to come out in at least 3 years, he has shown a lot of maturity off the field.

Obviously with his position he is not as valuable as some other players at positions of more impact, which has to be considered, but he is a guy who will play in all situations, he is certainly an every down guy.

If Curry drops out of the top 5, he won't go to Oakland at 7, that seems a given, Cincinnati could take him, but they could be forced to take someone else for need. Jacksonville at 8 will probably be willing to trade down for cheap if they can't get a WR or QB, so I could see a scenario where we could move up to 8 and get Curry if he falls for 12 and a third rounder. I would pull the trigger on that deal.

All the hype reminds me of our dear old bust errr friend Vernon Davis. I remember how many of you wanted to trade up at all costs to get him.

cmhargrove
04-23-2009, 07:25 AM
All the hype reminds me of our dear old bust errr friend Vernon Davis. I remember how many of you wanted to trade up at all costs to get him.

The only problem with that theory is that everyone was sold on his performance as the best LB BEFORE the combine, then it was confirmed during the combine. He's the real deal.

If you liked Patrick Willis (for all the right reasons), then you should like Aaron Curry. He makes plays with great speed all over the field. He will be a great pro - I just don't know if its worth giving all that money to a rookie.

meangene
04-23-2009, 08:00 AM
The only problem with that theory is that everyone was sold on his performance as the best LB BEFORE the combine, then it was confirmed during the combine. He's the real deal.

If you liked Patrick Willis (for all the right reasons), then you should like Aaron Curry. He makes plays with great speed all over the field. He will be a great pro - I just don't know if its worth giving all that money to a rookie.

I think a lot of teams are concerned about paying a LB top five money which is why he may fall. He is worth the money in the 8 - 10 range though IMO. If the price to move up is not too high.

no-pseudo-fan
04-23-2009, 08:44 AM
If he is there at #12, take him, don't think just take him. We have too many holes to trade up.

KillerBronco#76
04-23-2009, 08:54 AM

Patrick Willis is the perfect comparison this guy has DROY written all over him. if we could find a way to get him without giving up the barn i would say pull the trigger. but at this point the more picks we have the more holes we can fill. We can also get some some damn good players where were at.

I just don't want him to go to KC

no-pseudo-fan
04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
Patrick Willis is the perfect comparison this guy has DROY written all over him. if we could find a way to get him without giving up the barn i would say pull the trigger. but at this point the more picks we have the more holes we can fill. We can also get some some damn good players where were at.

I just don't want him to go to KC

Curry and DJ holding down the middle would be good. Also would give us a lot of flexiblity with our Defense.

Elway777
04-23-2009, 10:31 AM
I was looking at last years signing and it should take about 10 million per year to sign Curry. That would be a 6 year 60 million with 30 million signing bonus.I think a first and second round draft pick should be enough to offer the Cheifs in order to trade up . Any thing more would be to much with the money we have to pay out. I would still trade up because Curry would be our star player that we can build a defence around.

RocBronc
04-23-2009, 10:49 AM

I disagree... Arrington and Curry are 2 different types of players.

1. Arrington was a physical freak. Curry has good athleticism but he's known more for his play not just his athletic ability.

2. Arriington played at a high visibility school and was being hyped for more than his last year of school. Curry wasn't well known before his last year.

3. Curry has excellent character/mental makeup, Arrington not so much...

oubronco
04-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Curry and DJ holding down the middle would be good. Also would give us a lot of flexiblity with our Defense.

that is a very good assessment and would be badasss but he's not getting out of the top 5 and we aren't moving up that far it would cost too much

dbfan21
04-23-2009, 12:19 PM

It looks like Patrick Chukwurah isn't the only player who isn't afraid to let it all out on the field!

Breaker
04-23-2009, 02:28 PM
If anything Denver needs to trade down. Denver needs DE NT LB RB FS that is 5 huge needs with 3
high picks we need 1 or 2 more picks to move in 2nd round area.

um no.

dbfan21
04-23-2009, 03:45 PM
nfl.com's latest mock has Curry falling to us at #12. See for yourself!

cmhargrove
04-23-2009, 03:57 PM

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE little seven pound baby Jesus, Please let Curry fall to Denver!

meangene
04-23-2009, 06:51 PM

That would be a wet dream!:~ohyah!:

gyldenlove
04-24-2009, 11:42 AM

There are 2 key differences between Davis and Curry:

1. Curry will play on every single snap.

2. Davis was just an athlete and people knew that, Curry is also a football player, in fact Curry is a football player who just happens to be a superior athlete (he runs a 40 yard as fast as many runningbacks) and is stronger than many OTs.