PDA

View Full Version : A real NEGATIVE about club seats

TailgateNut
04-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Just talked to a good friend of mine. Those who have attended my tailgaters know him. His business have been going down the ****ter due to the state of the economy so he contacted the Broncos to let them know he couldn't afford his club seats this season. At $15500 for 4 seats and one parking spot, with no guaranteed income aside from the salary his wife earns, he just can't make the payment.
The response from the Broncos: "Pay up or we'll see you in court". I now realize that in order to secure club level seats, the ticket holder must lock in a 3,5,or 7yr period. An obligation which is "etched in stone". He currently has one set which expires in 2010 and another set which expires in 2012.
1. Aside from the "comfort" of being able to sit in the same seats each week, considering the amount of seats available on a weekly basis, why wouldn't a person just buy the damn things on a game by game basis?
2. Considering the current state of the economy should "ball clubs" make concessions regarding issue such as this one?

Thoughts?

crawdad
04-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I am on board with "pay as you play" kind of billing. Good God, with the current state of the economy, the "club" should be alittle more lenient. I certainly couldn't afford nor would I know how to write a check that big!

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Just talked to a good friend of mine. Those who have attended my tailgaters know him. His business have been going down the ****ter due to the state of the economy so he contacted the Broncos to let them know he couldn't afford his club seats this season. At $15500 for 4 seats and one parking spot, with no guaranteed income aside from the salary his wife earns, he just can't make the payment.
The response from the Broncos: "Pay up or we'll see you in court". I now realize that in order to secure club level seats, the ticket holder must lock in a 3,5,or 7yr period. An obligation which is "etched in stone". He currently has one set which expires in 2010 and another set which expires in 2012.
1. Aside from the "comfort" of being able to sit in the same seats each week, considering the amount of seats available on a weekly basis, why wouldn't a person just buy the damn things on a game by game basis?
2. Considering the current state of the economy should "ball clubs" make concessions regarding issue such as this one?

Thoughts?

Great. They are going to sue him for money he doesn't have. What a pointless exercise.

Smiling Assassin27
04-22-2009, 08:44 AM
can he sub-lease them?

TailgateNut
04-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Great. They are going to sue him for money he doesn't have. What a pointless exercise.

Squeezing a prune!

Sort of asinine, but apparantly they intend to pursue it in court.

ak1971
04-22-2009, 08:51 AM

Thoughts?

Dont know why one would lock yourself down with a contractual season ticket. This is the issue that I am going through. Its so easy to get a ticket if you want to go to the game, its kind of hard locking down $2-3K for season tickets any more.

I assume he signed the contract when he purchased the tickets. So, yes, the Broncos have every right to go after him if he doesnt pay

Tombstone RJ
04-22-2009, 08:51 AM
can he sub-lease them?

My thoughts too.

Can he find someone who will take them over? Or perhaps can he find someone who will split the cost with him so he uses 4 games and the other person uses 4 games?

The Broncos are probably getting a lot of this type of calls these days and it's just easier for them to say too bad than to help with payments.

TailgateNut
04-22-2009, 08:52 AM
can he sub-lease them?

Bawahaha, have you seen the amount of club seats available on a game by game basis? Not only on the web and in the fish rag, but also on the Bronco Website.

rugbythug
04-22-2009, 08:54 AM
That is a Terrible idea from the Broncos Perspective. The risks and rewards were there from the beginning. Sucks for your friend but from the Business side the Broncos were open about it from the beginning.

TailgateNut
04-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Dont know why one would lock yourself down with a contractual season ticket. This is the issue that I am going through. Its so easy to get a ticket if you want to go to the game, its kind of hard locking down $2-3K for season tickets any more.

I assume he signed the contract when he purchased the tickets. So, yes, the Broncos have every right to go after him if he doesnt pay

I agree, that legally, they have every right, but where do you draw the line?

I personally think that Pat, and the organization isn't being completely truthful about their season ticket "renewal #s".
I gave back 4 seats and I know of a few friends who have either partially or completely bowed out.
That's just in my circle of friends, and I believe the Broncos said they had a 95 or 96% renewal rate. At 74000 seats that would equate to only 3000-3500 cancellations. Hard to believe, especially considering that they offered me additional seats in the lower and upper bowl.

Beantown Bronco
04-22-2009, 08:59 AM
I heard that it'll all go away if he simply doesn't answer the door when the summons/process server arrives and doesn't show up to court on the appointed date. :wiggle:

TailgateNut
04-22-2009, 09:00 AM
I heard that it'll all go away if he simply doesn't answer the door when the summons/process server arrives and doesn't show up to court on the appointed date. :wiggle:

I'll pass it on.:thumbs:

ak1971
04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
I agree, that legally, they have every right, but where do you draw the line?

I personally think that Pat, and the organization isn't being completely truthful about their season ticket "renewal #s".
I gave back 4 seats and I know of a few friends who have either partially or completely bowed out.
That's just in my circle of friends, and I believe the Broncos said they had a 95 or 96% renewal rate. At 74000 seats that would equate to only 3000-3500 cancellations. Hard to believe, especially considering that they offered me additional seats in the lower and upper bowl.

I wonder where they get that 95% renewal rate. Its just so easy to get tickets, its hard to believe.

vancejohnson82
04-22-2009, 09:02 AM

Oh no...not this again

Beantown Bronco
04-22-2009, 09:03 AM
Oh no...not this again

;D

baja
04-22-2009, 09:11 AM
There are going to be so many empty seats around the league this season that they are going to have to suspend the Black Out Rule.

bronco militia
04-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Pats claims of the 96% renewal rate are premature....the last day you can make a payment isn't until May 28th.

FYI, I gave up 2 of my 4 seats this year

TailgateNut
04-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Pats claims of the 96% renewel rate are premature....the last day you can make a payment isn't untl May 28th.

What's with the 1/2 payment deadline? I have always made a payment in March.

ak1971
04-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Pats claims of the 96% renewal rate are premature....the last day you can make a payment isn't until May 28th.

yeah..I think that number is going to go in the ****ter. A couple grand is a lot of cash for people to put up right now.

bronco militia
04-22-2009, 09:32 AM
What's with the 1/2 payment deadline? I have always made a payment in March.

that's if you want to improve your seats....final payment/all is due in May. If times are tough, the ticket office will work with you through the summer

oubronco
04-22-2009, 09:42 AM

Thoughts?

By obligation you mean contract he signed then he's screwed tell him to just sell them game by game and then when his business gets back to par he will still have them

Pony Boy
04-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Rememember what the front office told Cutler, "It's just business" why would they treat the fans any different?

Drunk Monkey
04-22-2009, 09:48 AM

Thoughts?

It sucks but it is a business. If he contractually agreed to 3,5 or 7 years then that is what he is on the hook for. This is happening all over the country at the moment. Retailers are desperately wishing they could drop retail space to lower their over head but are contractually tied up in leases. Should the Commercial real estate companies let them out? They in turn would start defaulting on loans that were used to fund those buildings. It sucks but that is the risk he took when we went box seat instead of normal. Is it the Broncos fault he over extended himself?

ak1971
04-22-2009, 09:54 AM
LOL Maybe we can get the gov't to create a hope for season ticket holders program. or better yet, we can get ACORN to drive us to Pats house.

bronco militia
04-22-2009, 09:54 AM
pat could make it up to everyone by giving the club level seats back to the fans (me) that had them at the old stadium.

broncofan2438
04-22-2009, 09:59 AM
That really sucks. Well, both parties need to cover themselves. The "club" should still be somewhat understanding other than "Well see you in court"

TailgateNut
04-22-2009, 10:05 AM
pat could make it up to everyone by giving the club level seats back to the fans (me) that had them at the old stadium.

No shiate!

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Retailers are desperately wishing they could drop retail space to lower their over head but are contractually tied up in leases. Should the Commercial real estate companies let them out? They in turn would start defaulting on loans that were used to fund those buildings. It sucks but that is the risk he took when we went box seat instead of normal. Is it the Broncos fault he over extended himself?

That's the problem with living on credit.

TailgateNut
04-22-2009, 10:36 AM
That's the problem with living on credit.

WTF does "credit" have to do with this situation. I understand it's a contract, and I actually tried to tell him to just buy advertised season tix year by year, but when he locked in the seats his business was "booming".

Re: your credit comment. Have you ever bought a vehicle which you didn't pay in full at the time of purchase?

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Re: your credit comment. Have you ever bought a vehicle which you didn't pay in full at the time of purchase?

I was talking about the commercial real estate. And yes. I don't have a note out there on a vehicle now, but yes I've done this. It sucked. I didn't like doing it at all.

TailgateNut
04-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I was talking about the commercial real estate

Okee dokee! Didn't get the "connection".

bronco militia
04-22-2009, 01:31 PM
oh, and maybe try this when the broncos send you to court.... ;D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/keA8lG-jTI0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/keA8lG-jTI0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

El Guapo
04-22-2009, 01:38 PM
I looked into getting club seats for my wedding weekend and it was 10k for one game. no thanks.

Irish Stout
04-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Club seats are the biggest crock of crap to come out of the new stadium.

$370 for a seat to one game thats not on the 50, not on the first level, doesn't have any more leg room than any other seat, and has more "fans" surrounding you who get upset if you stand up to cheer. I hate club.

The Broncos are going to have a very harsh reality of overcharging their fans very soon. Plus they will likely have a harder time selling club seats when the purchasers realize they might get sued if they no longer can afford them.

Unfortunately, TGN, your buddy is on the hook unless he wants to explore the bankruptcy option, in which case he wouldn't be legally obligated to pay for the Broncos seats... and they'd go empty for the next two years.

Beantown Bronco
04-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Sign of the times. Just look at what the Yankees are dealing with in their ridiculous new stadium:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2009/04/22/pricey_seats_at_new_yankee_stadium_a_bronx_bomb/

Talk about the wrong time to try to charge $2,500 for a single ticket to a baseball game.