PDA

View Full Version : PETA killing more Animals sets record

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
This is the same group that was improperly killing and dumping dead animals behind Asian Resturants in dumpsters.

http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

PETA kills more than 90% of the animals they "rescue", while a no-budget, practically unfunded shelter down the street from the PETA headquarters adopts out more than 60% of the animals they rescue. Where is the donation money PETA receives from animal lovers going?

MagicHef
04-22-2009, 08:54 AM
7 out of 2216. Pretty fantastic odds.

vancejohnson82
04-22-2009, 08:57 AM
unbelievable

Falconer
04-22-2009, 09:00 AM
7 out of 2216. Pretty fantastic odds.

Not so fantastic for the dog or cat.

Kaylore
04-22-2009, 09:11 AM
unbelievable

No it's believable. They're selfish people that are more interested in advancing the agenda of PETA than actually helping animals.

Pony Boy
04-22-2009, 09:27 AM
PETA news article

vancejohnson82
04-22-2009, 09:30 AM
No it's believable. They're selfish people that are more interested in advancing the agenda of PETA than actually helping animals.

That's why I give my money straight to the shelter......it really makes me sick to think about these morons putting their money into making commercials and t-shirts as they put these animals to sleep....

chaz
04-22-2009, 09:30 AM
that is just ****ty-i really question humanity sometimes

Dudeskey
04-22-2009, 10:02 AM
http://www.bumpertalk.com/bt/images/items/BD203A.jpg

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Animal euthanasia and criminal charges
PETA was criticized in 2005 when police discovered that over the course of a month, at least 80 animals had been euthanized and left in area dumpsters. Two PETA employees approached a dumpster in a van registered to PETA and left behind 18 dead animals. Thirteen more were found inside the van. The animals had been euthanized by the PETA employees immediately after taking them from shelters in Northampton and Bertie counties

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_for_the_Ethical_Treatment_of_Animals

no-pseudo-fan
04-22-2009, 10:31 AM
I have little faith in any organization that raises millions of dollars by setting a morale standard.

Michael Vick should go protest their building.

supermanhr9
04-22-2009, 10:42 AM
what a joke, you ever see those people who un-lawfully board whaling ships without any proof they are actually whaling? I watched it once and almost threw my remote through my tv I was so pissed at those losers

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2009, 10:45 AM
I have little faith in any organization that raises millions of dollars by setting a morale standard.

Michael Vick should go protest their building.

I almost got a job at their Norfolk site as a research assistant. The interview questions consisted of what I ate daily. It would have been hard to bring a #2 combo back for lunch. So I tell them I am not interested, and they keep calling every couple of weeks. What Vick did was bad, biut the punishment doesn't really jive when you consider there are poeple out commiting murder that face less jail time, public persecution, and less financial loss.

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2009, 10:50 AM
what a joke, you ever see those people who un-lawfully board whaling ships without any proof they are actually whaling? I watched it once and almost threw my remote through my tv I was so pissed at those losers

They should be careful doing that. If they borad my ship without permission they might not be heard from again.

BroncoDoug
04-22-2009, 11:13 AM
http://www.bumpertalk.com/bt/images/items/BD203A.jpg

HAHA, I just bought a tshirt last week in Hawaii that said that!

broncocalijohn
04-22-2009, 11:42 AM
This is the same group that was improperly killing and dumping dead animals behind Asian Resturants in dumpsters.

waste right there. The asian restuarant could have used those dogs and cats for their specials of the day. Wasted meat! PETA has always been a joke to me and the mentioned website confirms it.

Irish Stout
04-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Did anyone else think this was an onion article at first? I cannot believe it! Those uptight self-righteous, pretentious dip ships. I hate people.

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2009, 03:35 PM
No one ere supports PETA. There has to be one...Rigs?

barryr
04-22-2009, 03:50 PM
It's just another example of people wanting to tell others how to live, but not feel they are better than everyone else so don't have to themselves.

frerottenextelway
04-22-2009, 03:58 PM
No one ere supports PETA. There has to be one...Rigs?

PETA isn't even supported over at DailyKos.

Popps
04-22-2009, 04:04 PM
I've been telling you people for a long time that PETA doesn't reflect the beliefs of animal lovers/vegetarians out there.

I'm not sure why people take the actions of a fringe group like this so personally.

UberBroncoMan
04-22-2009, 04:49 PM
I recommend that EVERYONE here goes to southparkstudios.com and watches the episode Douche and Turd for Matt and Trey's feelings on PETA.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-22-2009, 05:30 PM
PETA kills more than 90% of the animals they "rescue", while a no-budget, practically unfunded shelter down the street from the PETA headquarters adopts out more than 60% of the animals they rescue. Where is the donation money PETA receives from animal lovers going?So they euthanized 21,339 animals over a 10 year period while animal shelters in the U.S. euthanize over 4 million animals every year. What's the ratio there?

Ratboy
04-22-2009, 05:57 PM
So they euthanized 21,339 animals over a 10 year period while animal shelters in the U.S. euthanize over 4 million animals every year. What's the ratio there?

I bet those shelters don't run around protesting animal rights.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-22-2009, 06:17 PM
I bet those shelters don't run around protesting animal rights.I bet they don't either but I bet they do champion them (like PETA does).

misturanderson
04-22-2009, 07:21 PM
So they euthanized 21,339 animals over a 10 year period while animal shelters in the U.S. euthanize over 4 million animals every year. What's the ratio there?

Yeah but they don't adopt them and then kill them and dump them in the trash outside of chinese restaurants I'm pretty sure. And considering how many more animals the animal shelters have to deal with, I'm sure the ratio is massively in favor of the shelters. I'm not sure what uninformed point you were trying to make.

loborugger
04-22-2009, 07:22 PM

DING! DING! DING!

The agenda is more important than the animal.

Meck77
04-22-2009, 08:31 PM
As a hunter I think Peta is a joke. As an animal lover I can respect the fact they hate people who abuse their pets.

azbroncfan
04-22-2009, 08:51 PM
As a hunter I think Peta is a joke. As an animal lover I can respect the fact they hate people who abuse their pets.

I agree except PETA's arguments, as you know, against hunting are a complete joke and are not any further researched other than hunting involves killing an animal sometimes.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah but they don't adopt them and then kill them and dump them in the trash outside of chinese restaurants I'm pretty sure. And considering how many more animals the animal shelters have to deal with, I'm sure the ratio is massively in favor of the shelters. I'm not sure what uninformed point you were trying to make.Of course you aren't.
The point is pretty clear. You have some idiots at PETA dumping dead carcasses but when you factor in that shelters kill over 4 million animals a year because of all the stupid people in this country that don't spay or neuter their pets, PETA was involved in about .000575% of the total animals euthanized over a one year period.

Popps
04-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Of course you aren't.
The point is pretty clear. You have some idiots at PETA dumping dead carcasses but when you factor in that shelters kill over 4 million animals a year because of all the stupid people in this country that don't spay or neuter their pets, PETA was involved in about .000575% of the total animals euthanized over a one year period.

Exactly. Directing ire at PETA is a real exercise in futility. If you truly care about animal causes, there are 100 better places to start instead of getting bothered over this stuff. They're an insignificant group, not representing most animal lovers/vegetarians, etc.

azbroncfan
04-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Who raises more money for animals PETA members or Hunters?

Eldorado
04-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Exactly. Directing ire at PETA is a real exercise in futility. If you truly care about animal causes, there are 100 better places to start instead of getting bothered over this stuff. They're an insignificant group, not representing most animal lovers/vegetarians, etc.

I agree with you 100%. But I would like to point out that the webpage posted by the OP is a fear mongering website that uses emotional manipulation and misleading stats to smear an organization.

Rock Chalk
04-23-2009, 07:53 AM

90% to 40%.

PETA kills 90% of the animals they "rescue".

Animal Shelters, on average, have to kill 40% of the animals they are brought or are rescued.

Animal Shelters make a concerted effort to find homes for their animals.

PETA does not.

Theres your ratio.

Dukes
04-23-2009, 07:58 AM
90% to 40%.

PETA kills 90% of the animals they "rescue".

Animal Shelters, on average, have to kill 40% of the animals they are brought or are rescued.

Animal Shelters make a concerted effort to find homes for their animals.

PETA does not.

Theres your ratio.

Someone should investigate exactly what they consider "ethical", because it sounds like it means euthanasia

snowspot66
04-23-2009, 08:04 AM
For all the **** PETA claims you would think they would run a no kill shelter. Plenty of other organizations run no kill shelters. It's not easy, it's not glamorous, and it's not cheap but they figure out a way to do it. With all of PETA's advertising and fund raising you would think they might run a couple too. I guess not.

Archer81
04-23-2009, 08:56 AM
It always cracks me up when people are all vegitarian and try to create soy and veggie burgers...that taste like meat.

As for PETA, I am not surprised. All groups like this dont necessarily care about negative press, because what did you hear first? Dead animals found behind asian restaurant...then what do you think? Oh my God, the stereotype is true...they do use house pets...and you stop eating Chinese or Korean or Mongolian, which is PETA's goal, reduce where people can go for meat until there are no more places left that serve it.

I wouldnt want to live in a world without a steak. PETA can go **** off.

:Broncos:

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2009, 09:03 AM
Of course you aren't.

That would have merit if PETA had as many locations as shelters. And they don't.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2009, 09:05 AM

"Just seven animals -- out of the 2,216 it took in. PETA just broke its own record."

misturanderson
04-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Of course you aren't.

The point of this thread wasn't about who kills the most animals, but the hypocrisy PETA displays. To be an organization whose message is that basically everyone should become vegan and then euthanize almost all of the animals you take in is hypocrisy at it's worst.

This story doesn't bother me nearly as much as the one about them adopting perfectly adoptable animals only to euthanize them and throw them in dumpsters. Of course given the source of both stories it's hard to know if any of this is true. You would think some more major news outlets would have picked up the story if it's valid.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2009, 10:29 AM
The point of this thread wasn't about who kills the most animals, but the hypocrisy PETA displays. To be an organization whose message is that basically everyone should become vegan and then euthanize almost all of the animals you take in is hypocrisy at it's worst.

This story doesn't bother me nearly as much as the one about them adopting perfectly adoptable animals only to euthanize them and throw them in dumpsters. Of course given the source of both stories it's hard to know if any of this is true. You would think some more major news outlets would have picked up the story if it's valid.

It's true. Is was widely reported in the local news of North Carolina and Virginia. It doesn't make national news for some strange reason.

RaiderH8r
04-23-2009, 10:40 AM
They should be careful doing that. If they borad my ship without permission they might not be heard from again.

they should be tried for piracy.

chaz
04-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Of course you aren't.

Yet PETA makes millions every year while animal shelters get by on much much less and are much more successful in finding adoptive homes...

maybe the article posted was biased, but there is truth to the greed and misdirected spending in PETA

Gort
04-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Peta is a cult of personality based around their leader, Ingird Newkirk, who is a right-awful c*** and hypocrite.

i seem to recall Penn & Teller doing an episode about her/them on Bull****!

any organization that issues a press release asking people to start referring to fish as "sea kittens" does not deserve to be taken seriously, no matter how many celebutards they get to "star" in their ads.

vancejohnson82
04-23-2009, 12:10 PM
my problem is that they are a tax exemption run company that should have to adhere to certain guidelines in order to keep that status.....

it would be like the local animal shelters housing about 10 animals and having a fabulous welcome center and commercials running on TV....

its a complete abuse of the public funding they recieve but that seems to be a running theme nowadays in this country...personally I give all my money and rescources to the local rescue...including taking some of the ugliest mutts off their hands

Rigs11
04-23-2009, 12:26 PM
It always cracks me up when people are all vegitarian and try to create soy and veggie burgers...that taste like meat.

As for PETA, I am not surprised. All groups like this dont necessarily care about negative press, because what did you hear first? Dead animals found behind asian restaurant...then what do you think? Oh my God, the stereotype is true...they do use house pets...and you stop eating Chinese or Korean or Mongolian, which is PETA's goal, reduce where people can go for meat until there are no more places left that serve it.

I wouldnt want to live in a world without a steak. PETA can go **** off.

:Broncos:why does it crack you up? meat tastes good. no one is denying that. hate peta all you want,they do things wrong but they also do many things that benefit animal welfare.heaven forbid that that steak that you love so much came from a cow that actually got to enjoy its short existence on this earth.

misturanderson
04-23-2009, 03:19 PM
why does it crack you up? meat tastes good. no one is denying that. hate peta all you want,they do things wrong but they also do many things that benefit animal welfare.heaven forbid that that steak that you love so much came from a cow that actually got to enjoy its short existence on this earth.

I would wager that none of PETA's actions have had much if any direct effect on the welfare of food animals or any other animals for that matter. The HSUS does a lot of things to create legislation to improve the lives of animals, while PETA is all about ridiculous and over the top public displays and propaganda promoted by celebrities. PETA's goal isn't to improve the lives of animals in a sensible and productive way (as far as I can tell from their public actions), they just want to get into the press to help build up their funding.

Archer81
04-23-2009, 03:52 PM
why does it crack you up? meat tastes good. no one is denying that. hate peta all you want,they do things wrong but they also do many things that benefit animal welfare.heaven forbid that that steak that you love so much came from a cow that actually got to enjoy its short existence on this earth.

So why create a vegetable substitute meat? Just eat meat. Thats what I find ironic about "meat flavored" tofu/veggie/whatever burgers. I will hate PETA, because its yet another idiot group feeling the need to dictate to me how I should live my life. Also, cry me a freaking river about a friggin cow, ooh, poor beef cow, if you lived in nature you'd be subject to predation, starvation and unchecked disease...

Rigs11
04-23-2009, 04:54 PM
So why create a vegetable substitute meat? Just eat meat. Thats what I find ironic about "meat flavored" tofu/veggie/whatever burgers. I will hate PETA, because its yet another idiot group feeling the need to dictate to me how I should live my life. Also, cry me a freaking river about a friggin cow, ooh, poor beef cow, if you lived in nature you'd be subject to predation, starvation and unchecked disease...

It's a substitute to meat. The majority of cows do not get to live in nature, they do not get to graze,they live in enclosed mud pits and stand in their own feces,they get antibiotic insjections that give them pus filled infections. Some of them do not die right away and get cut up alive.There is no nature about it.If these things don't bother you, fine keep stuffing your face with meat. hey someone has to keep our standing as the fattest nation in the world intact.but don't blame peta for telling you like it is.

Rigs11
04-23-2009, 05:02 PM
I would wager that none of PETA's actions have had much if any direct effect on the welfare of food animals or any other animals for that matter. The HSUS does a lot of things to create legislation to improve the lives of animals, while PETA is all about ridiculous and over the top public displays and propaganda promoted by celebrities. PETA's goal isn't to improve the lives of animals in a sensible and productive way (as far as I can tell from their public actions), they just want to get into the press to help build up their funding.
i'll take that wager. did you forget the downer cows already and the legislation passed which prohibits this meat into the food supply?some restaurants are starting to switch to no caged hen eggs.there are lots of successes.

El Minion
04-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Peta is a cult of personality based around their leader, Ingird Newkirk, who is a right-awful c*** and hypocrite.

i seem to recall Penn & Teller doing an episode about her/them on Bull****!

any organization that issues a press release asking people to start referring to fish as "sea kittens" does not deserve to be taken seriously, no matter how many celebutards they get to "star" in their ads.

Exactly, that's why I never started saying "freedom" fries when ordering french fries with my hamburgers.

misturanderson
04-23-2009, 05:49 PM
i'll take that wager. did you forget the downer cows already and the legislation passed which prohibits this meat into the food supply?some restaurants are starting to switch to no caged hen eggs.there are lots of successes.

That was all a result of the Humane Society of the United States and their fund raising, lobbying and undercover cameras. Not PETA.

Dedhed
04-23-2009, 05:58 PM
PETA has no interest in saving animals. Their only concern is keeping people from interfering with them in any way. They won't say it out loud, but their goal is that no one would even have a pet.

I don't get what they're all about. They're like the AKC, all they care about is that they're funded.

Archer81
04-23-2009, 07:15 PM
It's a substitute to meat. The majority of cows do not get to live in nature, they do not get to graze,they live in enclosed mud pits and stand in their own feces,they get antibiotic insjections that give them pus filled infections. Some of them do not die right away and get cut up alive.There is no nature about it.If these things don't bother you, fine keep stuffing your face with meat. hey someone has to keep our standing as the fattest nation in the world intact.but don't blame peta for telling you like it is.

I am playing the world's tinyest violin for you. You really need to stop believing everything you see on television. Its affecting your judgement.

misturanderson
04-23-2009, 07:39 PM

Do you not see where your argument falls apart? Antibiotic injections CAUSE bacterial infections in the cow being injected?

Also, ALL of them are alive when their throats are cut, but they are brain dead after having a 4 inch bolt fired into their brain.

The people that really need to be punished for how they treat food animals are kosher meat producers. They are required to bleed the animals out without any sort of stunning process. Too bad being a religious organization, they won't ever be legislated against.

And above all else, the thing that is the most individually cruel to the animals as a whole is the breeding programs that select for animals that have too much meat for their bone structure to physically hold or that produce ridiculous amounts of milk that cause them to go into hypocalcemic comas if they don't eat for a day. But that is the price of feeding as many people as there are in the world.

broncosteven
04-23-2009, 07:55 PM
I took my fambily to see the Marshall Fields x-mas windows the last year they were known as Marshall Fields the day after Thanksgiving.

We were down town Chicago on a sidewalks full of people, it was packed no where to go.

We were waiting in the queue when I hear this racket, there was large parade of Peta protesters, still not sure what they were protesting about x-mas and fields other than there were news cameras there covering the windows, it may have been the year Macy's took over, I can't remember.

Anyway the parade took place on the sidewalk and 90% of these Peta people were tattooed or multiple pierces (most had both), they were wearing the goofyest outfits, Marylin Manson ****.

You could tell they just were unhappy about their life and wanted to piss off someone, their parents mostly I guess.

There was not one person I felt comfortable talking issues with even if I wanted to ask what their problem was.

To add insult to injury most were smoking and swearing.

Not a way to bring people into your cause. Plus they hosed up the sidewalks until Macy's or fields people came out and told them to beat it.

broncocalijohn
04-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Of course you aren't.

why dont you give us the figure of how many shelters are in the USA vs the number run or owned by PETA. I would think PETA's numbers are higher. Plus they are hypocrites so why come in and try to defend the bastards?

Popps
04-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Not a way to bring people into your cause. Plus they hosed up the sidewalks until Macy's or fields people came out and told them to beat it.

Perfectly put. I remember PETA going to baseball games and ridiculing people for eating hot dogs. Stupid mother****ers.

I'm a vegetarian of 20 years, and I swear to god, that makes me want to down a couple of chili-dogs right in front of them, out of spite.

Their methods are largely ineffective. It's a shame they are so visual, because they simply don't represent the majority of animal lovers/vegetarians out there. Again, to focus on them is a real waste of time, particularly if it's under the guise of actually caring about animals.

If you actually care about animals, nature and ecosystems, there so many ways you can have a real impact. Complaining about an insignificant fringe group isn't one of them.

Garcia Bronco
04-24-2009, 07:51 AM
PETA has no interest in saving animals. Their only concern is keeping people from interfering with them in any way. They won't say it out loud, but their goal is that no one would even have a pet.

I don't get what they're all about. They're like the AKC, all they care about is that they're funded.

When I applied for job there in Norfolk they said I could bring my pet to work.

ElwayMD
04-24-2009, 08:16 AM
If PETA really cared about the rights and protection of animals they would all volunteer at their local shelter and attempt to make every shelter in America a "no kill" shelter. You can do so much more for animals by volunteering at a local shelter or animal refuge.

PETA is only in the pursuit of power. They use public protests and other stunts like asking the Pet Shop Boys to change their names to enhance their "brand". They use celebretards as puppets to push their agenda on the public. This brings them more money and allows them to stretch their tentacles even further. As long as PETA exists they will take money and resources away from organizations that truly care about animal cruelty and the pet population.

More articles such as this one need to be released so that the public will truly understand that their money is wasted if given to PETA.