PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Dawkins and the first mini-camp?

chickennob2
04-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Look through the photos from camp on the broncos homepage

The offense is wearing white jerseys. The defense is wearing blue jerseys.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/4388/broncosdefense.png

Brian Dawkins is wearing an orange jersey with no numbers.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9984/broncosdawkins.png

What's up with that?

No other player is wearing an orange jersey. Every other player has a number on his jersey. It's too early for captains, so its nothing like that. It's not a non-contact "red shirt" like you'd see on a QB, because both QBs are wearing the standard white the rest of the offense wears. Maybe he's simply not participating in camps?

Any ideas?

CHANGSTER
04-21-2009, 11:34 PM
That's the "Do Not Touch" jersey. I think Champ and Hillis are wearing them too.

Greybeard
04-21-2009, 11:34 PM
What's up with that?

No other player is wearing an orange jersey. Every other player has a number on his jersey. It's too early for captains, so its nothing like that. It's not a non-contact "red shirt" like you'd see on a QB, because both QBs are wearing the standard white the rest of the offense wears. Maybe he's simply not participating in camps?

Any ideas?

According to reports coming out of camp, Dawkins, Champ, and somebody
else (damned if I can recall right now) wore orange jerseys to indicate who
should NOT be hit because of injuries and/or soreness.

BTW, what's up, Nob? :wave:

-----

footstepsfrom#27
04-21-2009, 11:35 PM
He's special?

Hulamau
04-22-2009, 12:38 AM
He's special?

Yep he's special, older and do not touch. All apply

OBF1
04-22-2009, 12:48 AM
He likes Orange ???

Swedish Extrovert
04-22-2009, 05:35 AM
When a player is vulnerable to injury (ie QB's) or recovering from injury, they are given bright "pennies" over their jerseys to let people know they cant hit them.

That's what Dawkins is wearing.

They do it in the little league, too, where linemen are only allowed to hit other linemen. (Like a lineman cant tackle a 'skill' player), and that is dictated by weight.

snowspot66
04-22-2009, 05:45 AM
They do it in the little league, too, where linemen are only allowed to hit other linemen. (Like a lineman cant tackle a 'skill' player), and that is dictated by weight.

What? But....

Where the hell is the fun in that? Telling little Timmy he can only run into the other fat kids and not go after the ball seems like a good way to make a kid hate football.

supermanhr9
04-22-2009, 06:01 AM
dude,,, we should put one on every single running back until week1 of the season.

montrose
04-22-2009, 06:26 AM
They're the no-contact jerseys.

worm
04-22-2009, 07:21 AM
No special treatment at Camp McJosh! Every one is accountable.

I kid, I kid.

Ambiguous
04-22-2009, 07:28 AM
dude,,, we should put one on every single running back until week1 of the season.

F that, make it week 17.

USMCBladerunner
04-22-2009, 08:29 AM
F that, make it week 17.

and particularly on game days!!!!

Swedish Extrovert
04-22-2009, 09:10 AM
What? But....

Where the hell is the fun in that? Telling little Timmy he can only run into the other fat kids and not go after the ball seems like a good way to make a kid hate football.

It's a safety issue. My uncle played OG (this was a while ago) and he had to wear a blue patch on his jersey, and if he hit a CB or S it would be a penalty.

The DBs QBs and WRs would wear red patches.