PDA

View Full Version : The Official "I will be pissed if"

lostknight
04-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Since there will be no shortage of people expressing their outrage on Saturday (I seem to recall a few people more then a little pissed off that we grabbed Eddie Royal instead of Desean Jackson) I thought I would jump the gun a bit and open a official I will be pissed off if.... thread.

Here is mine. I will be pissed if we move up to the draft to pick up a QB. And I will be pissed off if we use the 12th pick to grab a QB. We have a coach that is supposed to be the Messiah with quarterbacks, and if his first draft pick is fixing his own Booboo.

Poll to follow

enjolras
04-21-2009, 08:15 PM
We draft 1 offensive player (with the possible exception of a center) on day 1.

24champ
04-21-2009, 08:15 PM
I will throw my computer out the window like Garcia did if we pick Sanchez.

TheDave
04-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Since there will be no shortage of people expressing their outrage on Saturday (I seem to recall a few people more then a little pissed off that we grabbed Eddie Royal instead of Desean Jackson) I thought I would jump the gun a bit and open a official I will be pissed off if.... thread.

Here is mine. I will be pissed if we move up to the draft to pick up a QB. And I will be pissed off if we use the 12th pick to grab a QB. We have a coach that is supposed to be the Messiah with quarterbacks, and if his first draft pick is fixing his own Booboo.

Poll to follow

Ditto...

Majik
04-21-2009, 08:23 PM
If we draft a QB in the 1st round. PERIOD.

spdirty
04-21-2009, 08:27 PM
If we don't go pass rusher pass rusher if we keep the 2 picks.

If the wizards of Bronco smart don't have targets and are willing to do whatever is reasonable to get their targets.

Basically dont go the R33ves route of sitting on your ass and take the best player available with your pick.

If we go quarterback on the first day.

Oh hell who am I kidding. I'm pretty numb to being pissed after this offseason.

Los Broncos
04-21-2009, 08:29 PM
If we use either of our first rounders on anything other than defense.

TheChamp24
04-21-2009, 08:33 PM
I'll be pissed if we draft a QB, especially trading up.

But no words can explain how pissed off/angered/fueling with rage I would be if we take Josh Freeman in the 1st.

Malcontent
04-21-2009, 08:39 PM
All of the above.....Defense, Defense, Defense, or I'm a Lions fan for 2009. I will produce training camp updates, player/coach info. and basically blast the mane with useless and creepy Detroit Lions information if we do stupid stuff on Saturday!! I already told/asked the wife to go shopping draft day so she wouldnt witness the whoknowswhat.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-21-2009, 08:42 PM
I'll be pissed if we move up to pick a Qb or if we pick Malcolm Jenkins or any other DB in round 1

spdirty
04-21-2009, 08:45 PM
I already told/asked the wife to go shopping draft day so she wouldnt witness the whoknowswhat.

yeah the message was sent that Saturday is don't **** with me day.

Got the Nugs-Hornets to go along with my cup of coffee, followed by the draft. Cant wait. Hope the weather is shltty so I won't feel too bad about sitting on my ass in my PJ's all day.

NFLBRONCO
04-21-2009, 08:58 PM
I'd be disappointed in CB or trade up for QB or anyone else in round 1.

Gcver2ver3
04-21-2009, 08:59 PM
if we draft a QB on day 1...

if we actually TRADED UP to get a QB in day 1, i may have to SLAP MY MAMMA...

cutthemdown
04-21-2009, 09:14 PM
And then if the QB won 10 games and was really good you would all kiss his ass, run and buy his jersey, ask him for sperm so you can clone him and raise a qb baby.

The main thing is the players we get play well, and you won't know that on draft day.

footstepsfrom#27
04-21-2009, 09:19 PM
I've learned to withhold judgement after reading some of the meltdowns on players that turned out great, but one thing that will piss me off this time around is if we package both those #1's to move up for any player in this draft.

lostknight
04-21-2009, 09:27 PM
One model that I like from New England is drafting a lot of talent, and letting them duke it out. I am generally opposed to trading up (Remember how well that worked for Jarvis Moss?) and prefer a few more barrels of rough to find Diamonds in.

tsiguy96
04-21-2009, 09:30 PM
i highly, highly doubt we trade up. mcdaniels is not stupid and knows this team has a lot of holes to fill, getting one player who is marginally better then 2 players is not a way to do it.

BroncoBuff
04-21-2009, 09:54 PM
Anybody have input on the new "conventional wisdom," that Raji is not a true NT?

tsiguy96
04-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Anybody have input on the new "conventional wisdom," that Raji is not a true NT?

hes not, hes a DT. ron brace is a NT. hence why i hope we dont move up to pick a conversion player like raji and try and make him a NT

Gcver2ver3
04-21-2009, 09:58 PM

at first i said Raji couldn't play it...

but i change my mind now...

he can...

Paladin
04-21-2009, 10:07 PM
I will be pissed on Saturday of there are not at least 12 Maners pissed off.

I cannot wait for the meltdown. It does not matter who the Broncos pick. There will be 12 posters pissed off.

Dudeskey
04-21-2009, 10:11 PM
I'll be pissed if any of our 1st rounders are pissed away on a QB... Matter of fact I'd be pissed if any of our first day picks are used on one. And I'll be pissed if the mane happens to be slow as **** & crashes. In which case I'll be forced to vent on that other board that's modded by a bunch of tight asses- making me more pissed....™

lostknight
04-21-2009, 10:17 PM
I like Raji. If I had my druthers, it would definitely be moving up to the eight position to grab him, after that I think he might be off the board.

I an still concerned about the safety positions. I am not worried about LB, I think we have enough young talent there to make it work. The only person I would pull a trigger for is Curry, and the chance that he makes it out of the top 5 is so small.

FireFly
04-21-2009, 10:37 PM
1) If we draft a QB in the 1st
2) If we package our 2 1st round picks to move up for any player
2a) " " especially Orakpo
3) If we draft an offensive player in the first round
4) If we pick Rey Rey at 12; I'm ok with it at 18
5) If we didn't draft Raji in the 1st, Brace is available in the 2nd and we don't take him.

I'd rather we traded back in the 1st but I don't mind us moving up if the brain trust thinks they need to, to get the one player they feel they just can't do without, but I really want us to have at least 3 picks on the 1st day where ever and when ever that might be. So if they DO move up (which I don't expect) I hope its at the cost of nothing over a 3rd under any circumstances.

Kaylore
04-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Any moving up and any drafting of Rey I'm-an-idiot Maualuga.

Pick Six
04-21-2009, 11:04 PM
That's an easy one. Just say no to QBs on Day 1...

UberBroncoMan
04-21-2009, 11:37 PM
Sanchez the most but I'd also be pissed if we got Rey. We're set at LB atm in my opinion. Rey would be an ILB... and we already have Williams, Davis, Woodyard, and Larsen competing there. We don't NEED Rey... and for those barking about him for leadership, it just so happens Andra Davis was basically the captain of the Browns and has a ton of it.

gyldenlove
04-22-2009, 05:45 AM
It is draft day, I will be pissed no matter what happens.

mwill07
04-22-2009, 05:54 AM
We draft 1 offensive player (with the possible exception of a center) on day 1.

+1

Rock Chalk
04-22-2009, 06:25 AM

Im not concerned about his wonderlic. It doesnt measure football smarts. Im concerned about steroids with Rey.

colonelbeef
04-22-2009, 07:02 AM
i highly, highly doubt we trade up. mcdaniels is not stupid and knows this team has a lot of holes to fill, getting one player who is marginally better then 2 players is not a way to do it.

Like the way he went about fixing the defense and ST this offseason, right? I mean we all knew the defense had to be fixed, and that was the focus of the offseason......right?

Ambiguous
04-22-2009, 07:19 AM
If we draft a QB in the 1st round. PERIOD.

+1.

I will also be pissed if we pool any picks to move up, I don't think anyone is worth doing that this year. Adding a defensive player to a pick wouldn't be bad, too bad nobody wants any of the guys worth getting rid of.

socalorado
04-22-2009, 07:24 AM

OH the massive amount of hate and anger on this board is going to be just so massive the internets might break. ;D

Hamrob
04-22-2009, 07:34 AM
I'll be pissed if we trade up for Sanchez or anyone that's not worthy of top 10 status!

I could see them trade up for Curry, Orakapo & Rajji...but that's it. And, I wouldn't like it.

We have way too many holes to be trading up. If anything trade down...the talent between 12 -48 is very close anyway. Looking at our roster...our front 7 is a disaster. Draft 3 young studs on the first day...such as Jackson, Cushing & Brace.

Please do not draft a CB or a RB on the 1st day!