PDA

View Full Version : Buckhalter Vs. Jordan: Round 1 in Denver

Bronco Rob
04-21-2009, 07:42 PM
Although the Denver Post reports that former Eagle Correll Buckhalter is the front-runner to be the Broncos' No. 1 running back next season, former Jet, Raider and Patriot LaMont Jordan is also ready to put up his dukes. Jordan likes his chances because he played for coach Josh McDaniels last season in New England.

We think Buckhalter vs. Jordan is more of a backup power back battle. If second-year back Ryan Torain is healthy -- a big if -- he should be the man because of his youth and upside. But Buckhalter and Jordan, with their respective hardnosed running styles, are good complementary backs who provide solid insurance.

Bronco Boy
04-21-2009, 07:45 PM
Does this really matter? They're going to share carries regardless.

ludo21
04-21-2009, 07:48 PM
I am really leaning toward grabbing a back in round 1 of the draft this year..

With average Joe at QB, we really need a RB other teams will fear. Buck, Jordan, Arrington, Torain are all not that.

Hillis is a stud and if he gets the chance I hope he gets the spot over any of the other backs.

BroncoMan4ever
04-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Although the Denver Post reports that former Eagle Correll Buckhalter is the front-runner to be the Broncos' No. 1 running back next season, former Jet, Raider and Patriot LaMont Jordan is also ready to put up his dukes. Jordan likes his chances because he played for coach Josh McDaniels last season in New England.

We think Buckhalter vs. Jordan is more of a backup power back battle. If second-year back Ryan Torain is healthy -- a big if -- he should be the man because of his youth and upside. But Buckhalter and Jordan, with their respective hardnosed running styles, are good complementary backs who provide solid insurance.

please man give me a break about the Torain crap. such a waste of a 5th round pick.

i am looking at right now the battle to be top dog in the stable of backs as a 3 man race. Hillis, Jordan, and Arrington. and Arrington still recovering from injury is making it a 2 man race. it is inevitable that both Buckhalter and Torain are going to suffer injury, it is just a matter of when, and that leaves only Hillis Jordan Arrington and Young. i don't even expect Young to make it past the 1st round of cuts.

so it will come down to Hillis and Jordan fighting for the starting job, with Arrington being a 3rd down back and return man.

unless we draft a RB, which i think is really a strong possibility on day 1 of the draft.

BroncoBuff
04-21-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm holding out for Selvin Young ... in 2007 he had some electric games.

azbroncfan
04-22-2009, 12:38 AM
I predict Torain will be the starter game 1 for 10 plays before he goes on IR.

FireFly
04-22-2009, 01:09 AM
I really really hope Hillis gets a chance to start. Put him out there and let him run some people over!

Honestly though, I don't think the new coach likes him as a starting running back. I think Hillis will get some playing time, probably just not in the capacity that I'd like to see. I don't have anything to support my assertion, its just a feeling that I have.

Hulamau
04-22-2009, 02:04 AM
I really really hope Hillis gets a chance to start. Put him out there and let him run some people over!

Honestly though, I don't think the new coach likes him as a starting running back. I think Hillis will get some playing time, probably just not in the capacity that I'd like to see. I don't have anything to support my assertion, its just a feeling that I have.

Well, McD went on and on about how much he values Hillis' versatility and how much he is looking forward to using him in a lot of different ways, sounds like he fully recognizes what he could do in this system to me. Check out the McD interviews from this past weekend.

lex
04-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Well, McD went on and on about how much he values Hillis' versatility and how much he is looking forward to using him in a lot of different ways, sounds like he fully recognizes what he could do in this system to me. Check out the McD interviews from this past weekend.

He acknowledges that. He's not saying McDaniels doesnt value him. He wants him to be a tote the rock guy though.

BroncoMan4ever
04-22-2009, 02:23 AM
He acknowledges that. He's not saying McDaniels doesnt value him. He wants him to be a tote the rock guy though.

it is an interesting situation with Hillis. will he be of more use as a starting feature NFL back getting around 20 carries a game, or as an H-Back. lining up all over the field, getting a few carries, passes out of the backfield, as a TE in the slot.

he excelled in both last season, so it is hard to say in which scenario he is of best use. either way, it is obvious he is a dude we need to get the ball intos hands 15+ times a week.

lex
04-22-2009, 02:34 AM
it is an interesting situation with Hillis. will he be of more use as a starting feature NFL back getting around 20 carries a game, or as an H-Back. lining up all over the field, getting a few carries, passes out of the backfield, as a TE in the slot.

he excelled in both last season, so it is hard to say in which scenario he is of best use. either way, it is obvious he is a dude we need to get the ball intos hands 15+ times a week.

Another thing thats kind of interesting is that a day after signing 3 RBs, he fumbled away Cutler. You have to wonder if he would have signed the RBs he did had he known we'd have Orton instead of Cutler. It seems there may be a greater need to run the ball now (there actually was a huge need even before the Cutler fiasco).

Just the fact that Jordan vs Buckhalter is a debate makes me feel like scratching my eyes out...and to think we brought them in as FAs. Good grief.

TonyR
04-22-2009, 06:41 AM

You are kidding, right?

Mogulseeker
04-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Arrington, Hillis

TonyR
04-22-2009, 06:48 AM
I am really leaning toward grabbing a back in round 1 of the draft this year..

We just cannot even consider doing that with our needs on defense. In a league that's moving more and more away from a single, every down backs you can't go that way when you have so many other holes to fill.

loborugger
04-22-2009, 06:51 AM

In 2007, we had Shanny. We were still a run team. Now, we have McDoofus. I imagine we will be a pass team. I doubt any RB is gonna put up large #s in Denver, and esp a guy like Young.

yerner
04-22-2009, 06:55 AM
arrington, buckhalter, jordan, young. they all make me want to puke.

TonyR
04-22-2009, 07:22 AM
In 2007, we had Shanny. We were still a run team. Now, we have McDoofus. I imagine we will be a pass team.

Who had the better offense last year, Shanny or "McDoofus"? And if you hate and disrespect the new coach so much I implore you to go find another team to root for.

Gcver2ver3
04-22-2009, 07:27 AM
Buckhalter Vs. Jordan: Round 1 in Denver

not exactly Ali - Frazier but...

lex
04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Who had the better offense last year, Shanny or "McDoofus"? And if you hate and disrespect the new coach so much I implore you to go find another team to root for.

Maybe you should just start following the Patriots if youre such a fan of what theyve done.

Dagmar
04-22-2009, 09:08 AM
What ever happened to TJ's new rule about posting links?

TonyR
04-22-2009, 09:27 AM
Maybe you should just start following the Patriots if youre such a fan of what theyve done.

How could you not be a fan of what they've done? Do you prefer what the Broncos have done over the last ten years to what they've done? Are you satisfied with mediocrity? Apparently you are.

Thanks but I choose to support the Broncos and their new head coach. I'll at least wait until they play a couple of games before coming up with clever nicknames slamming him.

USMCBladerunner
04-22-2009, 09:42 AM
To start the season: Buckhalter Hillis Jordan Young Torain Arrington

Injuries not withstanding End of Season: Hillis Torain Buckhalter Arrington Young Jordan

lex
04-22-2009, 10:02 AM
How could you not be a fan of what they've done?
Im not a big fan of what theyve done. Even in 2007, I told a colleague of mine, who is a Pats fan, that theyve fallen in love with the pass. And, sure enough, that was their undoing. When I look at the 2007 Pats, I see Josh scoring a bunch of points by being pass happy and then getting outdone by Spagnuolo when it mattered most.

Do you prefer what the Broncos have done over the last ten years to what they've done? Are you satisfied with mediocrity? Apparently you are.

No. When Shanahan said Slowik would be back, it was justifiable to fire him. But, that aside, I like Shanahans offenses. Their offense doesnt flow through a WR screen. I didnt really like how things evolved over the past five years. Their approach to RB was hubris and it was undermining. I think we were also too pass happy last year but at least we had a talent throwing the ball. But, still, we lost our way and became too pass happy. But with that in mind, Josh has been even more pass happy. The only optimism I have is that he might run the ball like he did last year but hopefully more. But, really, defensive coaches typically like running the ball. Had we hired a defensive coach instead of Josh, we would have likely seen them targeting the defense and also improving the running game, which was what we needed most.

Thanks but I choose to support the Broncos and their new head coach. I'll at least wait until they play a couple of games before coming up with clever nicknames slamming him.

It sounds like you like the Patriots more. Ill remind you that we were 5-1 against them with Brady as their QB. Just thought Id point that out. No I dont stand in awe of them. They cheated. Everything they "accomplished" should be viewed as tainted fruit. So, while you may be enraptured with all things Patriots, I like the Broncos but that doesnt mean mindlessly following a Patriot off a cliff and it doesnt mean drinking koolaid. McDaniels has a lot to prove. He gets no blind acceptance and no free passes.

broncofan2438
04-22-2009, 10:05 AM
The RB situation looks to be a worse situation than we thought. Maybe we draft a RB

vancejohnson82
04-22-2009, 10:14 AM
how did this thread dissolve into another McDaniels slamming session?

and how did we "waste" a fifth round pick on Torain?? who did you want?? Dennis Dixon??

i mean, you could argue that Tim Hightower would have been nice, but a wasted pick on Torain is a little bit of a stretch at this point

TonyR
04-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Im not a big fan of what theyve done.

Six playoff appearances.
Four Super Bowls.
Three Super Bowl victories.

Nope, not much to be a fan of there.

BroncoMan4ever
04-22-2009, 12:03 PM
We just cannot even consider doing that with our needs on defense. In a league that's moving more and more away from a single, every down backs you can't go that way when you have so many other holes to fill.

look at the stats from last season when Hillis was starting. our PPG went up to near 30 a game, points allowed dropped to about 20 a game and we went 3-1.

a RB does help the defense a hell of a lot. so it isn't a bad thing to take a good RB to help the entire team.

BroncoMan4ever
04-22-2009, 12:05 PM
To start the season: Buckhalter Hillis Jordan Young Torain Arrington

Injuries not withstanding End of Season: Hillis Torain Buckhalter Arrington Young Jordan

and considering the fact that with both buckhalter and torain, it isn't a matter of if they will be injured, it is a matter of when they will be injured.

just draft a RB and pair him with Hillis and forget the rest of the trash

kamakazi_kal
04-22-2009, 12:25 PM

no more zone blocking means the end of ol' selvin.

TonyR
04-22-2009, 01:45 PM
...a RB does help the defense a hell of a lot. so it isn't a bad thing to take a good RB to help the entire team.

I agree, I just don't think we can afford to take one on day 1.

lex
04-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Six playoff appearances.
Four Super Bowls.
Three Super Bowl victories.

Nope, not much to be a fan of there.

You must have problems reading. As I indicated before, what they "accomplished" should be viewed as tainted fruit since they cheated. And then, again, there was the SB loss because McDaniels was outdone by Spagnuolo.

Ive already mentioned both of these things.

lex
04-22-2009, 01:53 PM
no more zone blocking means the end of ol' selvin.

Theyre not getting rid of the zone blocking.

azbroncfan
04-22-2009, 02:08 PM
You must have problems reading. As I indicated before, what they "accomplished" should be viewed as tainted fruit since they cheated. And then, again, there was the SB loss because McDaniels was outdone by Spagnuolo.

Ive already mentioned both of these things.

Big deal a team lost once during the season and it just happened to be the SB. We all know that anyteam can win anygiven game in the NFL. McD was outdone by Spagnuolo but the Giants had a great DL that could do that to any given team on any given day.

TonyR
04-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Big deal a team lost once during the season and it just happened to be the SB. We all know that anyteam can win anygiven game in the NFL. McD was outdone by Spagnuolo but the Giants had a great DL that could do that to any given team on any given day.

Exactly. People forget that the Giants were a Wild Card team that got on a major roll. They were on the road and underdogs in all 3 of their playoff games, wins at Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay. Meanwhile the Pats played their best football in the first 2/3 of the season and were old and beat up in the Bowl including a gimpy Brady who couldn't put any weight on his back ankle (or was it a knee?). Lex, you really overplay the "McD blew it in the Super Bowl" card.

lex
04-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Exactly. People forget that the Giants were a Wild Card team that got on a major roll. The were on the road and underdogs in all 3 of their playoff games, wins at Tampa, Dallas and Green Bay. Meanwhile the Pats played their best football in the first 2/3 of the season and were old and beat up in the Bowl including a gimpy Brady who couldn't put any weight on his back ankle (or was it a knee?). Lex, you really overplay the "McD blew it in the Super Bowl" card.

The super bowl was only the game that mattered most...but you believe otherwise if you want to. BTW, the fact that Brady was gimpy only further points to to McDaniels flaw of falling in love with the pass. Falling in love with the pass is what let the Giants D Line to tee off on Brady....falling in love with the pass is what made him a sitting duck. Im not overstating anything.

kamakazi_kal
04-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Theyre not getting rid of the zone blocking.

that's shannys stuff ..... that means its as good as gone.

loborugger
04-22-2009, 03:00 PM

Hold on there, hoss. I dont hate the guy, but I dont respect him, either. When he wins, he will earn his name. And I shant be finding another team.

Besides, you missed the point. Shanny was a runner. McDoofus is a passer. Pretty simple to me.

Inkana7
04-22-2009, 04:20 PM
that's shannys stuff ..... that means its as good as gone.

McDaniels ran a bunch of Zone with the Pats. It's not going anywhere.

BroncoBuff
04-22-2009, 04:21 PM
look at the stats from last season when Hillis was starting. our PPG went up to near 30 a game, points allowed dropped to about 20 a game and we went 3-1.
I love Hillis, and I'm getting fatigued with the naysayers, "I don't think Hillis can handle 20-25 carries a game."

I say why not? Sure he's gonna do a lotta different things, but there's no reason to put artificial limits on this guy's upside.

Inkana7
04-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Hold on there, hoss. I dont hate the guy, but I dont respect him, either. When he wins, he will earn his name. And I shant be finding another team.

Besides, you missed the point. Shanny was a runner. McDoofus is a passer. Pretty simple to me.

Shanny's team passed more than "McDoofus" did last year. Without a premier back, like us. BenJarvis Green-Ellis started games for them.

BroncoMan4ever
04-22-2009, 04:34 PM
I agree, I just don't think we can afford to take one on day 1.

and i don't think we can afford not to take a RB on day 1. i mean after the 3rd round there is rarely any kind of talent and is the reason we have had bad(by Broncos standards) running games the last few years. we keep trotting out Mike Bell, Young, Hall, Torain and crap like that instead of spending 1 high pick on a good RB to just plug in and forget the position for the next 5 years at least.

i say 1 pick on the 1st day, helps us with a questionable QB position, by preventing defenses from being able to just play the pass, and chews clock and keeps our rebuilding and more than likely very young defense off the field.

that is why if at 12 or 18 we take Wells or Moreno, or if in the 2nd we take Jennings i am going to be happy.

because Buckhalter with his injuries, Arrington with his lack of being anything more than a 3rd down back and return man, Torain and his glass body, Jordan and his career 3 YPC average are not going to get the job done, even in a rotation.

i exclude Hillis because i feel if given the opportunity he is a 1500 yards a year back.

BroncoMan4ever
04-22-2009, 04:39 PM

not necessarily. McDaniels while liking the pass and with all the records his passing game set 2 seasons ago, isn't just a passing coach is routinely mislabeled as a pass happy coach. even that year he passed less than we did last season. he runs a somewhat balanced offense. sort of a 55%-45% or 60-40 pass to run ratio. he also breaks out the run more often when the situation at QB isn't as good as it can be.

so the running game remains very important here in Denver. also if he didn't care about the running game, no way would Turner have been kept on staff.

BroncoMan4ever
04-22-2009, 04:43 PM
I love Hillis, and I'm getting fatigued with the naysayers, "I don't think Hillis can handle 20-25 carries a game."

I say why not? Sure he's gonna do a lotta different things, but there's no reason to put artificial limits on this guy's upside.

honestly, i think if he was conditioned more as a RB and put through more conditioning training and less strength training he would still have the strength to play the bulldozer style of running he does, while also having the stamina to rush 20 times a game for a whole season.

like with Droughns when we put him in at RB. he did well half the season and then began to get winded, and played with less authority towards the end of the season. so i think Hillis could do the same thing, but if he was conditioned more, he could make it through the whole season and would still have the stamina he had at the beginning of the season.

vancejohnson82
04-22-2009, 04:54 PM
The super bowl was only the game that mattered most...but you believe otherwise if you want to. BTW, the fact that Brady was gimpy only further points to to McDaniels flaw of falling in love with the pass. Falling in love with the pass is what let the Giants D Line to tee off on Brady....falling in love with the pass is what made him a sitting duck. Im not overstating anything.

you are just the ultimate hater...

how can you say anything negative about a team that put up some of the most AMAZING offensive numbers in the history of hte league...but I guess thats just the Patriots lover in me.....god forbid we should start moving in that direction of consistent winning with less flavor clowns....I'm sure teams like Rutgers don't try and model their personnel and management like Ohio State or USC...

your posts continue to get more and more obscure and irrelevant as you go on...

Ironlung
04-22-2009, 06:44 PM
If the Giant receiver doesn't catch that ball that any receiver would drop 99 out of 100 times the Pats probably win that game.

But McD was SOOO outcoached! lex go eat sh!t and die, you're the ultimate doucher.

lex
04-22-2009, 06:55 PM
you are just the ultimate hater...

how can you say anything negative about a team that put up some of the most AMAZING offensive numbers in the history of hte league...but I guess thats just the Patriots lover in me.....god forbid we should start moving in that direction of consistent winning with less flavor clowns....I'm sure teams like Rutgers don't try and model their personnel and management like Ohio State or USC...

your posts continue to get more and more obscure and irrelevant as you go on...

Another poster with a reading comprehension problem. Imagine that. Actually, as I said previously, they amassed a lot of their numbers by neglecting the run and in the end neglecting the run was their undoing. They were a paper tiger from that perspective. A team that scores 500 points but is more balanced is better than one that scores 580 points because its pass happy. And then, again, theres the matter of having so much of an offense flow through a WR screen. The way we did it in the late 90s was better. We were able to dictate terms by running the ball but at the same time was balanced. Belichick (ie McDaniels master) has often commented on how tough it was to defend a Shanahan offense where they use a lot of formations to run the same play. Ive seen McDaniels offense and so much of it seems to flow through the WR screen. That seems problematic.

lex
04-22-2009, 06:57 PM
If the Giant receiver doesn't catch that ball that any receiver would drop 99 out of 100 times the Pats probably win that game.

But McD was SOOO outcoached! lex go eat **** and die, you're the ultimate doucher.

Dont worry about what I say. Shouldnt you be chasing tumbleweeds anyway? BTW, McDaniels AO was offense. His offense had its production cut in half in the game that mattered most. Spagnuolo turned his offense into a paper tiger.

Doggcow
04-22-2009, 07:04 PM
God damnit, I want Hillis carrying the ball at least 1/3rd of the time.

loborugger
04-22-2009, 07:19 PM
not necessarily. McDaniels while liking the pass and with all the records his passing game set 2 seasons ago, isn't just a passing coach is routinely mislabeled as a pass happy coach. even that year he passed less than we did last season. he runs a somewhat balanced offense. sort of a 55%-45% or 60-40 pass to run ratio. he also breaks out the run more often when the situation at QB isn't as good as it can be.

so the running game remains very important here in Denver. also if he didn't care about the running game, no way would Turner have been kept on staff.

Well, I hope so. Nothing trumps being able to run the ball down your opponents throat.

maher_tyler
04-22-2009, 07:27 PM
I don't understand the hate on Torain other than he's injury prone..what do you want him to do..give the guy a chance..if he didn't get hurt last year he was likely going to be the starter if i remember Shanahan compairing him to TD correctly.

TonyR
04-22-2009, 07:28 PM
His offense had its production cut in half in the game that mattered most. Spagnuolo turned his offense into a paper tiger.

A paper tiger that was 18-0 coming into the game. Please.

In their first playoff game, against Jacksonville, they rushed 29 times for 145 yards and passed 28 times for 258.

In their second playoff game, against San Diego, they rushed 31 times for 149 yards and passed 33 times for 198 yards.

So after two playoff games they had exactly one more pass attempt than rush attempt. That looks pretty balanced to me.

In the Super Bowl they rushed only 16 times for 45 yards while passing 48 times for 229. But the reason they "abandoned the run" is because the Giants shut down their running game. 2.8 per wasn't getting it done. Maroney is soft and was ineffective against the physical G-men. And they still only lost by 3, and only because of a lucky, miracle play.

tsiguy96
04-22-2009, 07:33 PM
lex you may be the stupidest mother****er in the world.

its seriously not even funny at this point. you are calling out a team that demolished every NFL record for offense and won 18 consecutive games because they werent good enough? they lost one game, bfd.

randomtask
04-22-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm kinda hoping that either we draft Moreno in the 1st, or Torain runs for the whole season like he did versus the Browns before he got hurt. Not sure that Buckhalter/Jordan would get the job done...

wandlc
04-22-2009, 09:57 PM
honestly, i think if he was conditioned more as a RB and put through more conditioning training and less strength training he would still have the strength to play the bulldozer style of running he does, while also having the stamina to rush 20 times a game for a whole season.

like with Droughns when we put him in at RB. he did well half the season and then began to get winded, and played with less authority towards the end of the season. so i think Hillis could do the same thing, but if he was conditioned more, he could make it through the whole season and would still have the stamina he had at the beginning of the season.

You say this and are a fan of the Broncos. Hillis conditions to play football. I would like to see you hitch yourself to a truck and pull it around for awhile. Hillis has trained himself for strength endurance and would have no problem carrying the ball 20-25 times a game. What he needed last year was reps at RB to get back the flow and feeling of being a RB back. By the time he played the Chiefs he had his timing, vision and instincts back to form and was running really well. Hillis has been a RB his whole life except for 3 years at Arkansas. And in his interview he said he runs the same 40 whether he weighs 250 lbs or 225 lbs.

BroncoMan4ever
04-22-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't understand the hate on Torain other than he's injury prone..what do you want him to do..give the guy a chance..if he didn't get hurt last year he was likely going to be the starter if i remember Shanahan compairing him to TD correctly.

Mike was always comparing someone to TD. or saying a particular ****ty RB was having the best offseason he had ever seen from a RB and then the season would start and they would suck.

Torain was just hype and undeserved hype. in college he ran too high was injury prone and suddenly because of Turner we get him in the 5th because he likes his style, and suddenly he is the next coming of TD.

i say dump the trash, use a high pick and get a guy who can make his own legacy and not have to try to be the next TD. i don't want the next TD, i want the 1st Beanie Wells, or Knowshon Moreno, or Rashad Jennings. there is never going to be another TD, so we need to quit hoping this late round trash will be what TD was, and just realize, most of the time TD's type of talent is only found early in the draft.

BroncoMan4ever
04-22-2009, 10:24 PM
You say this and are a fan of the Broncos. Hillis conditions to play football. I would like to see you hitch yourself to a truck and pull it around for awhile. Hillis has trained himself for strength endurance and would have no problem carrying the ball 20-25 times a game. What he needed last year was reps at RB to get back the flow and feeling of being a RB back. By the time he played the Chiefs he had his timing, vision and instincts back to form and was running really well. Hillis has been a RB his whole life except for 3 years at Arkansas. And in his interview he said he runs the same 40 whether he weighs 250 lbs or 225 lbs.

strength isn't the same as stamina. look at world class body builders, some of the strongest men on the planet, but hardly any of them have the stamina necessary to run a mile. Hillis has strength and size and power, but to be complete he will need to work on conditioning to last a full season.

i am not saying anything bad on the guy. i am talking over the course of a season he will get winded. he is freakishly strong because he strength trains more than he works on stamina or conditioning and that will need to change some in order for him to play a whole season without getting winded or drained by midseason, and then playing the rest of the year sluggish.

and i am not talking about speed. i really don't give a damn what his 40 is. i am simply saying, the last time we ended up starting a FB at the RB position was Droughns, and he started strong was using his power and running people over, but after 8 or so games, he became sluggish, was slowing down,not hitting the hole or defenders as hard because he wasn't conditioned like a RB and was becoming tired. he strength trained to be strong and hit the hole and defenders hard, not working on stamina or conditioning so that he could take 20-25 carries a game and do the extra running that comes with being a RB instead of a FB.

the training for the 2 positions is different.

and considering the fact, that Hillis has never been called on to be the guy for a full season, means he has never done the conditioning to build up the stamina to last a full season at the same strength and speed.

and don't come at me like i am saying bad **** on the dude. i think he is the best back on our roster by far. i am simply saying to last a whole season as a feature back he will need to be trained differently than he has in the past.

BroncoMan4ever
04-22-2009, 10:26 PM

you have really got to learn how to comprehend what you read before trying to find flaws in the logic of other people's posts. and also, not a smart idea to challenge another posters fanhood. just letting you know that since you don't post here enough to know yet.

lex
04-22-2009, 11:02 PM
lex you may be the stupidest mother****er in the world.
its seriously not even funny at this point. you are calling out a team that demolished every NFL record for offense and won 18 consecutive games because they werent good enough? they lost one game, bfd.

I guess so...but only because you say so. Stop it. Your mean words have me shaking in my shoes.

lex
04-22-2009, 11:08 PM
A paper tiger that was 18-0 coming into the game. Please.

In their first playoff game, against Jacksonville, they rushed 29 times for 145 yards and passed 28 times for 258.

In their second playoff game, against San Diego, they rushed 31 times for 149 yards and passed 33 times for 198 yards.

So after two playoff games they had exactly one more pass attempt than rush attempt. That looks pretty balanced to me.

In the Super Bowl they rushed only 16 times for 45 yards while passing 48 times for 229. But the reason they "abandoned the run" is because the Giants shut down their running game. 2.8 per wasn't getting it done. Maroney is soft and was ineffective against the physical G-men. And they still only lost by 3, and only because of a lucky, miracle play.

229 yards on 48 passes is horrible. They needed the run to improve that and help Brady stay on his feet. McDaniels should have known going in that he needed to stick with the run. The running game often pays dividends later in the game. 16 carries isnt enough. That should be obvious by the fact that they didnt even average 5 yards per pass.

Bronco Rob
04-23-2009, 04:54 PM
:thumbsup: