PDA

View Full Version : DraftParty's 1 round mock

anton
04-20-2009, 06:28 PM
I know D-line should be the focus, but all the elite d-line talent is off the board...

1. Detroit- QB Matt Stafford – It makes the most sense.

2. St. Louis- LT Jason Smith– I guess they might still be concerned with Monroe's knees.

3. Kansas City- LB Aaron Curry- Everyone seems to have a LT here
now but I don’t get it… Brandon Albert is a very good LT, take the best defensive player!

4. Seattle-QB Mark Sanchez- This is tough but if Walter Jones is good to go for the next 3 years, it would make sense to take Sanchez since Seattle will probably not be this bad for a while.

5. Cleveland- WR Michael Crabtree- With Braylon and K2 gone, the Browns need some receiving weapons.

6. Cincinnatti- LT Eugene Monroe- Hooray for the Bengals, they get to take someone with good character! And he fits a need!

7. Oakland- DT BJ Raji- With Crabtree gone, there are no WRs worth taking. I am going to give Al the benefit of the doubt and go D-Line.

8. Jacksonville- LT Andre Smith- They need WRs but again the value just is not there. This guy can play both tackle spots and guard too, so he will be very valuable to open holes for MJD.

9. Green Bay- 34 DE Tyson Jackson- Orakpo is the sexy pick here but I think he is a bad fit in a 34 and he just has a high bust factor anyway. Jackson is a safe, solid pick for the building of their 34.

10. San Fransisco- OT Michael Oher- Sanchez is gone, and I don’t think Singletary likes the rawness of Maybin and EBrown. So they take Oher to bookend with Staley.

11. Buffalo- DE Brian Orakpo- Huge need at LT, but they are all gone so they take Orakpo who also fits a huge need.

12. Denver- LB Rey Maualuga- With all the elite D-Line talent gone, the Broncos shore up the middle of the defense.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xp1dUZUMXxc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xp1dUZUMXxc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. Washington- DE Everette Brown- It is a need and this would be a very sexy pick. Haynesworth and Brown could make for a great half of the D-line.

14. New Orleans- DB Malcolm Jenkins- This is what the fans want, and they get their wish.

15. Houston- LB Clay Matthews- This is a really tough pick but LB is a need so…

16. San Diego- RB Chris Wells- People laugh at this pick for some reason but LT is in Shaun Alexander territory and Sproles can’t do it by himself. Wells is an amazing talent that would keep the Chargers power run game going strong.

17. New York Jets- WR Jeremy Maclin- Explosive playmaker for the Jets and more polished than most speedsters coming out.

18. Denver- RB Donald Brown- I think Denver is going to go with DJ at SSOLB and Doom/Moss on the other side, so I think they may go offense since no D-line talent is good value here either. Donald Brown, Peyton Hillis, and JJ Arrington is how I see it playing out with Torain and/or LJordan cut.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_TBnZ7_60GY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_TBnZ7_60GY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. Tampa Bay- DE Larry English- The Bucs need a pass rush and English can certainly do that. He is tough, physical, violent (unlike Michael Johnson)... everything that Raheem wants in his defensive players.

20. Detroit- LT William Beatty- The Lions follow the Falcons blue print from last year.

21. Philadelphia- WR Kenny Britt- With an amazing O-line, the Eagles decide to finally give McNabb a big, strong WR that will be perfectly complemented by D Jackson.

22. Minnesota- WR Hakeem Nicks- RT can be addressed in round 2, this guy is a special talent and should really help out Sage.

23. New England- 34 OLB Aaron Maybin- The Pats can take their time developing him as he can eventually be turned into an absolute beast.

24. Atlanta- LB Brian Cushing- I really don’t like Cushing, but the Falcons need D so he is the pick.

25. Miami- CB Vontae Davis- CB is a huge need and Vontae is an amazing talent… I think the fins coaches can control him.

26. Baltimore- TE Brandon Pettigrew- WR is a bigger need but I think DHB just has too big of a bust factor. Pettigrew becomes Flacco’s best friend.

27. Indianapolis- DT Peria Jerry- Great fit in the Indy scheme.

28. Buffalo- OT Eben Britton- Not that good of a fit at LT but they can try to make it work. They do more of a power running game anyway so this might work out.

29. Cleveland- OLB Clint Sintim - He played in a 34 in college so he can contribute right away and not have to adjust like all the DE/OLB prospects.

30. Tennessee- DB Sean Smith - I think this kid is going to be absolutely amazing if he puts it together.

31. Arizona- RB Knowshon Moreno- I think this would be a great fit for him.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers- C Alex Mack- They need to fix up that o-line in order to have a chance at repeating.

gyldenlove
04-20-2009, 06:33 PM
If we could have had Cushing and Jenkins but we end up with Maualuga and Brown I will say a lot of ugly things.

fido
04-20-2009, 06:39 PM
I am ok with rey, but not brown.....we need defense

anton
04-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Ugh I HATE Cushing. I dont think I have ever hated so many prospects as I do this year: Cushing, Josh Freeman, Michael Johnson, Aaron Maybin, DHB, Robert Ayers

I like Malcolm Jenkins but if the Broncos take him, SD will likely take Rey leaving no ILB for Denver.

Br0nc0Buster
04-20-2009, 06:46 PM
wow I hate that first round

I really hope Jackson or Raji(highly unlikely though) falls to us.

I wouldnt mind taking Ayers at 12 though if both Jackson and Raji are gone

As far as Brown at 18?
no thanks

gyldenlove
04-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Ugh I HATE Cushing. I dont think I have ever hated so many prospects as I do this year: Cushing, Josh Freeman, Michael Johnson, Aaron Maybin, DHB, Robert Ayers

I like Malcolm Jenkins but if the Broncos take him, SD will likely take Rey leaving no ILB for Denver.

I would much rather have Laurinaitis than Rey.

Dedhed
04-20-2009, 06:50 PM

You're dumb.

anton
04-20-2009, 06:52 PM
wow I hate that first round

I really hope Jackson or Raji(highly unlikely though) falls to us.

I wouldnt mind taking Ayers at 12 though if both Jackson and Raji are gone

As far as Brown at 18?
no thanks

where would you play Ayers?

LonghornBronco
04-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Yea, I would have to say Jenkins with #12, then Rey at 18 if available.

Br0nc0Buster
04-20-2009, 06:54 PM
where would you play Ayers?

Outside linebacker.
Moss and Crowder both suck, Doom is the only decent one on the roster.

anton
04-20-2009, 06:59 PM
You would take a classic 43 LE that has been overrated this past offseason by mike mayock seeing as how he had 4 sacks in all of 2008, and try to convert him into an OLB? The guy is 270. I cant see it at all.

Br0nc0Buster
04-20-2009, 07:11 PM
You would take a classic 43 LE that has been overrated this past offseason by mike mayock seeing as how he had 4 sacks in all of 2008, and try to convert him into an OLB? The guy is 270. I cant see it at all.

Well he can play end, LB, or DT depending on how we line up.
His isnt too big to be a LB, Merriman is 272.

He seems to be versatile, which seems to be what McDaniels is looking for

Its not that I am in love with Ayers, its that I dont like anyone else at that spot if Raji and Jackson are gone.
Ayers at least has the potential to live up to that spot.

cmhargrove
04-20-2009, 07:41 PM
I know where they got that mock draft.

They had to fish a little for it...

SoDak Bronco
04-20-2009, 07:45 PM
that sucks big balls

Paladin
04-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Don't be surprised of the possible picks available at 12 leave you all just gagging. After ten, all the picks are second rounders at the positions of need for the Broncos. Whic hmeans that Beaniie might be a "value pick" there............

Harvitz81
04-20-2009, 09:08 PM
I actually have nothing wrong with this draft. As always, I'll wait to see how the WHOLE draft ends up and not concentrate on who we get in the first round before claiming the sky is falling. ILB and RB are positions of need and I think we end up with the best of both positions with this mock.

We could then grab the best S or DE/DT prospect available with our second in which there should be some good names available.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-20-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't want beanie or his foot problem. Gimme some Rey.

BroncoBuff
04-20-2009, 09:15 PM
ugh

I like Maualuga, but we have 6 decent ILBs already.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-20-2009, 09:36 PM
ugh

I like Maualuga, but we have 6 decent ILBs already.

a few decent maybe, but whats that dumb cliche? If you have 6, you have none? What can i say, I'm gay for rey!

cmhargrove
04-21-2009, 06:07 AM
I don't want beanie or his foot problem. Gimme some Rey.

Didn't Jonathan Stewart have a "foot problem?" That seems to have worked out ok for Carolina.

Dedhed
04-21-2009, 06:24 AM
If we took Brown over Moreno I would puke on the spot. That would be a disturbing effort. I love the Maualuga pick.

Br0nc0Buster
04-21-2009, 07:01 AM
Didn't Jonathan Stewart have a "foot problem?" That seems to have worked out ok for Carolina.

Jonathan Stewart was also the backup.

dbfan21
04-21-2009, 07:35 AM
I decided this year I was not going to get attached to the players because nothing ever works out that I hope for.

Having said that, if these players were available when we pick at 12 & 18, I would be THRILLED with Tyson Jackson (size, speed and a good motor) and Rey Rey (aggressive and big).

no-pseudo-fan
04-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Enjoy, soon we will complain on who we got, talk up the players we have, and look forward to the draft next season. Endless cycle. Anyway, I love Rey at 12, and Moreno or Brown at 18. That is 2 impact players in the first.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-21-2009, 08:31 AM

Stewart had a stress fracture....beanie has some sort of "condition." I dont like that word.

Gcver2ver3
04-21-2009, 08:51 AM
If we could have had Cushing and Jenkins but we end up with Maualuga and Brown I will say a lot of ugly things.

Cushing?...yuck, no thanks...

he is as overhyped as Clay Matthews IMO...

Maualuga is the only player i think is truly 1st round grade of the USC LBs...

Rey is a man's man...he's big, physical, run stuffing monster...

Cushing has been tabbed as this "do everything" LBer and i just don't see it...i think he benefitted from playing alongside Rey and the rest of USC's talent and against subpar Pac-10 talent...

brncobrett
04-21-2009, 09:14 AM
If we took Brown over Moreno I would puke on the spot. That would be a disturbing effort. I love the Maualuga pick.

I agree no way...

mhgaffney
04-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Fortunately -- this analysis is flawed.

It's predicated on Oakland taking BJ Raji. But if dirty Al really covets a WR and Crabtree is gone, contrary to the DraftParty analysis -- Maclin is still available and could turn out to be just as good as Crabtree.

Maclin would give Davis his deep threat.

So if Davis picks Maclin then Raji is still on the board at # 9 and Greenbay snags him. Which of course leaves T Jackson to fall to us.

MHG

FireFly
04-21-2009, 10:44 PM

I certainly agree, particularly if it meant Laurinaitis at 18 on in the early 2nd instead of Rey at 12.

I suppose if they were both available at 18, I be happy either way, but try to trade back and take the one that slipped I suppose.

oubronco
04-22-2009, 08:36 AM
In the video of Rey the other linebackers are making just as many plays I think he might be a product of his surroundings

atomicbloke
04-22-2009, 12:53 PM
In the video of Rey the other linebackers are making just as many plays I think he might be a product of his surroundings

I noticed that too. Thats why analyzing potential is such a difficult job.