PDA

View Full Version : My Final Bronco Mock Draft

barryr
04-18-2009, 03:05 PM
This is just my 2nd one, first since the Cutler trade:

1a. BJ Raji NT Boston College 6'2, 334lbs
-I think he drops here, teams ahead seem to need pass rushers more than a NT if looking for DL help

1b. E. Hood DE Missouri 6'3, 300lbs
-Could take Jackson here if still here, but I think Hood has a better motor

2. L. Sidbury OLB/DE Richmond 6'3, 265lbs
-Great speed off the edge, runs a 4.6, I think can play OLB in a 3-4

3a. J. Brinkley ILB S. Carolina 6'2, 250lbs
- Big and strong, more agile than given credit for

3b. S. McGee QB Texas A&M 6'3, 225LBS
- Raw, great size, mobile

4. L. Webb CB/KR/PR Nicholls St. 5'10, 180lbs
- great speed, return guy, can make plays in coverage

5. CJ Spillman S Marshall 6'0, 200lbs
- stock going up, showing nice speed

6. I. Johnson RB Boise St. 5'11, 215LBS
- I just like this guy, has more speed than thought

7a. V. Butler OLB Oregon St. 6'2, 250lbs
- making transition to OLB, showed nice pass rush skills in college

7b. R. Harris DE Oregon 6'4, 300lbs
- nice size for the position

Paladin
04-18-2009, 03:16 PM
One of the fifth rounds went to Chitown.

After the third round, I have no clue.

Get Hood tound 2. 1b needs to be a LB; Cushing or Mathews or somebody.

Round 2 cpould be Simtim or somebody.

Some of these guys will be JAGs. Trick is to know which ones and aviod them.....

Otherwise, good effort.

barryr
04-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Opps, thanks. Fixed it. Sign WR Edison as a free agent, HA!

I think the Pats will go after Hood though, who pick twice before the Broncos pick in the 2nd round.

Tombstone RJ
04-18-2009, 04:27 PM
This is just my 2nd one, first since the Cutler trade:

1a. BJ Raji NT Boston College 6'2, 334lbs
-I think he drops here, teams ahead seem to need pass rushers more than a NT if looking for DL help

1b. E. Hood DE Missouri 6'3, 300lbs
-Could take Jackson here if still here, but I think Hood has a better motor

2. L. Sidbury OLB/DE Richmond 6'3, 265lbs
-Great speed off the edge, runs a 4.6, I think can play OLB in a 3-4

3a. J. Brinkley ILB S. Carolina 6'2, 250lbs
- Big and strong, more agile than given credit for

3b. S. McGee QB Texas A&M 6'3, 225LBS
- Raw, great size, mobile

4. L. Webb CB/KR/PR Nicholls St. 5'10, 180lbs
- great speed, return guy, can make plays in coverage

5. CJ Spillman S Marshall 6'0, 200lbs
- stock going up, showing nice speed

6. I. Johnson RB Boise St. 5'11, 215LBS
- I just like this guy, has more speed than thought

7a. V. Butler OLB Oregon St. 6'2, 250lbs
- making transition to OLB, showed nice pass rush skills in college

7b. R. Harris DE Oregon 6'4, 300lbs
- nice size for the position

I love the 2nd and 3rd round picks. I don't know about Hood in the first.

Elway777
04-18-2009, 04:41 PM
Very good draft and would be happy with these picks. I would go with Rey Rey with the 1b .

Northman
04-18-2009, 04:48 PM
Good draft except for 3b. I wouldnt even touch Qb this year.

chanesaw
04-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Here is my attempt:

1a Rey Maualuga ILB
1b Tyson Jackson DE
2 Louis Delmas S
3a Coye Francies CB
3b Stephen McGee QB
4 Sammie Lee Hill NT
5 Tony Fiamemetta FB
6 Javarris Williams RB
7a Ryan Succup K
7b Slade Norris OLB

theAPAOps5
04-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Rey at 12 is a reach and a waste. Just my opinion though, he is a hitter but plays out of control something Nolan isn't fond of. Of course maybe they see an opportunity to refine him. I would much rather have Raji than Rey though.

barryr
04-18-2009, 07:53 PM
The Broncos need to grab at least 1 OLB that can rush the QB or their 3-4 won't be very effective. Even if Dumervil works out at one spot, you need another guy on the other side who can rush the QB.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Rey at 12 is a reach and a waste. Just my opinion though, he is a hitter but plays out of control something Nolan isn't fond of. Of course maybe they see an opportunity to refine him. I would much rather have Raji than Rey though.

I totally get your concerns with Rey, but he's young and can definitely still be refined. Something you can't teach is his explosiveness and attitude. Here in LA I pretty much watched all USC's games. A man among boys.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-19-2009, 01:42 PM
The Broncos need to grab at least 1 OLB that can rush the QB or their 3-4 won't be very effective. Even if Dumervil works out at one spot, you need another guy on the other side who can rush the QB.

Wasn't Jarrett Johnson their Ravens other OLB? I wouldnt call him a pass rushing terror (not that i disagree with drafting one.) I'd still prefer to get a bunch of run stoppers first, that's why i like your Raji and Hood picks. That's also why I'd like Rey

Paladin
04-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Refinement equals a two by four attention-getter.....

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2009, 01:56 PM
Rey Rey would bring a swagger this defense hasn't had since Wilson was forced to retire.

elsid13
04-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Rey Rey would bring a swagger this defense hasn't had since Wilson was forced to retire.

Who cares about swagger when he only going to be on the field for two down max.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Who cares about swagger when he only going to be on the field for two down max.

They said the same about Ray Lewis when he was drafted by the way. This team could use a little Rey.

Drek
04-19-2009, 03:24 PM

That isn't how Nolan typically runs his 3-4, that is how the Cowboys and Chargers run theirs, which is practically a 5-2.

Also, Evander Hood is a very good prospect, but not a great fit for the 5-tech. Jackson and Gilbert are both better fits, Hood should go somewhere that wants him as a 4-3 UT.

elsid13
04-19-2009, 04:41 PM
They said the same about Ray Lewis when he was drafted by the way. This team could use a little Rey.

That wasn't what they said about Lewis. He dropped because folk were concerned about his size and ability to handle the punishment in pros.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-19-2009, 04:48 PM
That wasn't what they said about Lewis. He dropped because folk were concerned about his size and ability to handle the punishment in pros.

They said he wasnt a 3-down backer. At least some def did. Plus, I don't csre if Mauluga doesnt play when we go nickel. I'm sick and tired of teams gashing us in the run game and he'd go a long way to stopping it. We have some LB's that can cover down field, we dont have ones that are forces in the middle when it comes to stopping the run. Enter Rey

TheChamp24
04-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Hood is way too big of a reach IMO, and not that great of a DE in our system.
Also, don't like taking McGee in the 3rd. Waste of a pick IMO.

Paladin
04-19-2009, 05:34 PM
*sigh*

So many opinions. so little time.

Six days.........

cutthemdown
04-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Mock drafts to me seem unrealistic unless you show the picks of all the teams. How about someone does a round one mock that goes through each pick and shows why you think the players Broncos draft will be there.

cutthemdown
04-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Hood is a big boy though and would for sure hold the edge in a 3-4. Big physical player. He will most likely be gone by if not end of first, by first 5 picks of second round.

Gilbert from San Jose may give you same skill set in a less motivated body, but could be had for a 3rd rounder maybe.

For sure Broncos need some bigger Dends to keep olineman off our smaller linebackers.

barryr
04-20-2009, 06:52 AM
That isn't how Nolan typically runs his 3-4, that is how the Cowboys and Chargers run theirs, which is practically a 5-2.

Also, Evander Hood is a very good prospect, but not a great fit for the 5-tech. Jackson and Gilbert are both better fits, Hood should go somewhere that wants him as a 4-3 UT.

I had read somewhere the Broncos like Raji, Jackson, and Hood. Jackson may be gone by #18 is why I went with Hood. The knock on Gilbert is he doesn't always play tough and DL in a 3-4 have to play tough since they get double-teamed so much, so I'm not sure he's that great a fit.

barryr
04-20-2009, 06:54 AM

Hood figures to be gone no later than late 1st, early 2nd, so if want him, have to get him earlier than that.

I'm not a big fan of McGee, but the Broncos will draft a QB at some point in this draft since only have 2 in camp and after McGee, the pickings really become slim as for QB;s in this draft. It's not a deep crop to say the least.

gyldenlove
04-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Hood figures to be gone no later than late 1st, early 2nd, so if want him, have to get him earlier than that.

I'm not a big fan of McGee, but the Broncos will draft a QB at some point in this draft since only have 2 in camp and after McGee, the pickings really become slim as for QB;s in this draft. It's not a deep crop to say the least.

I am not sold on Sidbury in the 2nd, in fact I am not even sold on OLB in the 2nd. I like your 1st round, we need to get bigger and badder on the front line.

In the 2nd I would love a S or CB however, we need speed and playmaking in the secondary and I hope we can add it in the 2nd, Rashad Johnson or someone similar.

I like Brinkley in the 3rd, I would probably go OC/OG in the 3rd instead of QB.

After the 3rd round, a speed guy (check), RB (check), QB and prospects at LB or DL.

barryr
04-20-2009, 12:59 PM
I am not sold on Sidbury in the 2nd, in fact I am not even sold on OLB in the 2nd. I like your 1st round, we need to get bigger and badder on the front line.

In the 2nd I would love a S or CB however, we need speed and playmaking in the secondary and I hope we can add it in the 2nd, Rashad Johnson or someone similar.

I like Brinkley in the 3rd, I would probably go OC/OG in the 3rd instead of QB.

After the 3rd round, a speed guy (check), RB (check), QB and prospects at LB or DL.

Sidbury isn't a given witth playing at a small school and all, but his size/speed combo is hard to ignore, not to mention sack numbers. 6'2-6'3, 265lbs and can run a 4.6 is pretty good in my book.

Paladin
04-20-2009, 01:34 PM
I've seen some mocks that suggest Johnson would be picked by Denver in the third.... Actually, not a bad choice.

Right now, I am looking at Rey-Rey and Maybin in the first, Brace in the second and Johnson in the third with Freeman or McGee as the second third pick. Run stoppers galore to go with the current crop, and a decent developmental QB to boot. McRath at LB in the fourth and I think the Broncos go S and CB after. No RBs and no OL.....

Raji and Jackson should be picked earlier than the 12th.

gyldenlove
04-20-2009, 01:42 PM
I've seen some mocks that suggest Johnson would be picked by Denver in the third.... Actually, not a bad choice.

Right now, I am looking at Rey-Rey and Maybin in the first, Brace in the second and Johnson in the third with Freeman or McGee as the second third pick. Run stoppers galore to go with the current crop, and a decent developmental QB to boot. McRath at LB in the fourth and I think the Broncos go S and CB after. No RBs and no OL.....

Raji and Jackson should be picked earlier than the 12th.

I am not big on that.

I believe our main problem is lack of bulk and talent on the defensive line. I think we can get by without drafting LB high.

Also there is no way Freeman falls beyond the top of the 2nd round, just too many QB starved teams.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-20-2009, 02:09 PM
I am not big on that.

I believe our main problem is lack of bulk and talent on the defensive line. I think we can get by without drafting LB high.

Also there is no way Freeman falls beyond the top of the 2nd round, just too many QB starved teams.

I'm pretty much with you, though I'd like Maualuga because he brings that bulk and punch you're looking for, even though its from the LB spot.

I dont care if Freeman was a 7th round pick, i have zero interest in him.

Northman
04-22-2009, 01:02 PM

Yea, have to agree with you there. People may not like Lewis but he is a baller and very valuable to his team.