PDA

View Full Version : McD Likes What Orton's Got

Where's Plummer???
04-18-2009, 08:38 AM
Mcdaniels said "Orton has what it takes to Win with one system one week and then play with a totally different system the next week, and still win."

let's hope he's right. But it sounds good to me :thumbs:

Bronco Boy
04-18-2009, 08:44 AM
You had to start a new thread for this?

Where's Plummer???
04-18-2009, 08:45 AM
You had to start a new thread for this?

you had to come in and read it? if ya didnt like it stfu...

Punisher
04-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Well Orton has Royal and Marshall to throw to so he can't do to bad.

oubronco
04-18-2009, 09:23 AM
McD Likes What Orton's Got

I bet he does........I bet he does

Broncos4tw
04-18-2009, 09:24 AM
All I hear at this point of the year is "blahblahblah, yackitysmackity...."

Words mean nothing. Teams are always eternally optimistic at this point of the year, and coaches and owners always try to paint a bright picture. They do want everyone to renew their season tickets, after all.

I still remember with some hilarity, last years comments by defense players, playing under Slowik. You know, about how his coaching style and plan would allow them to 'fly all over the field' and 'make lots of plays.' We saw how well that turned out.

I have no idea how Orton is really going to do, and neither does McD. Of course he is going to say what he said. But don't be surprised at all, if suddenly we are trading up in the draft for a QB.

lex
04-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Mcdaniels said "Orton has what it takes to Win with one system one week and then play with a totally different system the next week, and still win."

McDaniels says a lot of things. Before he tried to trade him, he doted on Jay Cutler too.

Where's Plummer???
04-18-2009, 09:36 AM
my main point in this thread was that McD is hinting to who his starting QB will be.

Punisher
04-18-2009, 09:39 AM
my main point in this thread was that McD is hinting to who his starting QB will be.

LMAO if anything i think Hillis will win the spot then we can run the Wildcat Ha!

Pick Six
04-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Even though it's possible that Simms could take the starting job from Orton, I don't think McDaniels had it in his mind to trade Cutler for a backup quarterback...

scttgrd
04-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Where is that pic of Orton the cock biter? Maybe someone can put McDaniels head on the guy getting gobbled.

Los Broncos
04-18-2009, 11:10 AM
I'll bet he likes his mouth.

DBroncos4life
04-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I doubt there are many other HC's that would want to build a team around him, but he is better then that Sage guy the Vikes traded for. I would feel much better about Orton if our D wasn't in the shape that it is in now.

Arkansas Bronco
04-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Where is that pic of Orton the cock biter? Maybe someone can put McDaniels head on the guy getting gobbled.

Well thats what he did. Not saying he will back up here but he couldnt hold the 1 spot in the windy city.

watermock
04-18-2009, 04:40 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/86KFojFZ7WI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/86KFojFZ7WI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He can eat his own crap, don't expect me to.

DenverBrit
04-18-2009, 04:53 PM
McDaniels says a lot of things. Before he tried to trade him, he doted on Jay Cutler too.

But not as much as you.

Bronx33
04-18-2009, 04:56 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/86KFojFZ7WI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/86KFojFZ7WI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Nice illustration mocky

Shoemaker
04-18-2009, 05:15 PM

Saying that he thinks Kyle Orton has done pretty well as a quarterback and that he likes the abilities that he brings to this team counts as "eating his own crap?"

You seem pretty convinced that Orton is a terrible quarterback. What makes you think so?

watermock
04-18-2009, 05:20 PM
I doubt there are many other HC's that would want to build a team around him, but he is better then that Sage guy the Vikes traded for. I would feel much better about Orton if our D wasn't in the shape that it is in now.

The hornheads would of given BOTH nuts for Cutler but they overpaid for Allen.

Sage is a fail.

It's almost as bad as giving SOBII 6 million.

Bronx33
04-18-2009, 05:20 PM
Saying that he thinks Kyle Orton has done pretty well as a quarterback and that he likes the abilities that he brings to this team counts as "eating his own crap?"

You seem pretty convinced that Orton is a terrible quarterback. What makes you think so?

OHHHH NO! you asked for it!

watermock
04-18-2009, 05:35 PM

You mean:

"We will try something else next week since we sucked today?."

Orton is as mutidimensional as a party line (in the old days).

Luckily, he has an outstanding pass blocking line intact.

Greybeard
04-18-2009, 05:48 PM

Hell, I would feel a lot better about Cutler, had he stayed, if the D wasn't in the shape it's in now . . .

-----

baja
04-18-2009, 08:56 PM

That's Mock, not a lot of middle ground!

Greybeard
04-20-2009, 10:30 PM
OHHHH NO! you asked for it!

Well it seems he's got to get it off his breast . . . er, chest! . . . chest!!

*you gotta do something about that avatar* http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/images/smilies/SRsmilies/drool.gif

-----

BroncoMan4ever
04-20-2009, 10:59 PM

i don't think we will see the deep ball as often, or the throws into extremely tight spaces that make you cringe and then cheer in a matter of a second. but i think the offense is going to be fine with Orton.

Pseudofool
04-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Can a mod send this thread to the horse's butt?

kamakazi_kal
04-21-2009, 07:22 AM
HA HA, what's McD supposed to say "uh both our QB's suck"?

He better like Orton cause his only other option is a QB who's been hanging in the hospital for the last 3 seasons.

supermanhr9
04-21-2009, 07:28 AM
Remember when Hillis said he has a stronger arm than Cutler? Just not as accurate? I think that would be sweet if we did implement a couple of plays with Hillis, no one knows him, or would even think to gameplan around him. Think about it, our first match up with the chargers, we should bust something brand new out at them,,, maybe we can beat them, without Hochuli.