PDA

View Full Version : How Many Drafted Players from 06, 07, 08 Will Survive McD's Rebuilding?

rastaman
04-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Now that new Bronco Head Coach McD has shown a penchant for bringing in his own players with the recent interest of trading for QB Matt Casell, adding WR Jabbar Gaffney or long snapper Lonnie Paxton, and RB LaMont Jordan just to name a few. Will this trend continue and far will it go.

Between 2009 and 2010, which players currently on the roster that were drafted by Shanahan btwn 2006, 2007, and 2008 classes, will most likely be replaced with more Patriot cast offed players who McD will likely bring in as replacements or other Free Agents?

From the 06 draft class, Cutler is already gone, so who will be next player(s) before McD's rebuilding process is completed to longer wear the Orange n Blue? Will Lamont Jordan be the replacement for Hillis?

I know we Bronco Fans have our favorite players from the last 3 draft classes. However, these players were drafted by Shanahan and not McD. So which players would more than likely have the characteristics, personality, and talent to fit into McD's schemes both offensively and defensively.

2006 Draft

Scheffler
B Marsh
Dumerveil
Kuper

2007 Draft

Moss
Crowder
Harris
Thomas

2008 Draft

Clady
Royal
Lichtensteiger
Torain
Powell
Barret
Hillis

baja
04-18-2009, 08:28 AM
At His Ass - Now that new Bronco Head Coach McD has shown a penchant for bringing in his own players with the recent interest of trading for QB Matt Casell, adding WR Jabbar Gaffney or long snapper Lonnie Paxton, and RB LaMont Jordan<b> just to name a few.

Dude you named all of them...

2KBack
04-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Dude you named all of them...

and not a single one is a replacement for a 2006-8 draftee.

Cito Pelon
04-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Now that new Bronco Head Coach McD has shown a penchant for bringing in his own players with the recent interest of trading for QB Matt Casell, adding WR Jabbar Gaffney or long snapper Lonnie Paxton, and RB LaMont Jordan just to name a few. Will this trend continue and far will it go.

Between 2009 and 2010, which players currently on the roster that were drafted by Shanahan btwn 2006, 2007, and 2008 classes, will most likely be replaced with more Patriot cast offed players who McD will likely bring in as replacements or other Free Agents?

From the 06 draft class, Cutler is already gone, so who will be next player(s) before McD's rebuilding process is completed to longer wear the Orange n Blue? Will Lamont Jordan be the replacement for Hillis?

I know we Bronco Fans have our favorite players from the last 3 draft classes. However, these players were drafted by Shanahan and not McD. So which players would more than likely have the characteristics, personality, and talent to fit into McD's schemes both offensively and defensively.

2006 Draft

Scheffler
B Marsh
Dumerveil
Kuper

2007 Draft

Moss
Crowder
Harris
Thomas

2008 Draft

Clady
Royal
Lichtensteiger
Torain
Powell
Barret
Hillis

Good lord, can you spare us your petulance please? No wonder you were in love with Jay, you're two of a kind.

Punisher
04-18-2009, 10:20 AM
Oh I like this thread :)

Punisher
04-18-2009, 10:29 AM
2006 Draft

Scheffler : Maybe traded
B Marsh : He'll make it hes a top 5 WR
Dumerveil : OLB/DE he'll make it
Kuper : he starts in the O-line

2007 Draft

Moss : OLB Plus they have to play hes contract out whats for the broncos
Crowder: I think Crowder might be cut....
Harris : he starts in the O-Line
Thomas : Hell ya Thommy makes it he'll be moved to LE/RE in the 3-4

2008 Draft

Clady:HES a Top 10 LT
Royal:Royals the man end of story
Lichtensteiger:He might be cut
Torain:He might be cut theres like 11 RBs on the roster
Powell:He'll fight for the NT Spot
Barret:I sure hopes he makes it
Hillis:He'll start at FB in come in as a RB sometimes

BroncoMan4ever
04-18-2009, 10:42 AM
2006 Draft

Scheffler : Maybe traded
B Marsh : He'll make it hes a top 5 WR
Dumervil : OLB/DE he'll make it
Kuper : he starts in the O-line

2007 Draft

Moss : OLB Plus they have to play hes contract out whats for the broncos
Crowder: I think Crowder might be cut....
Harris : he starts in the O-Line
Thomas : Hell ya Thommy makes it he'll be moved to LE/RE in the 3-4

2008 Draft

Clady:HES a Top 10 LT
Royal:Royals the man end of story
Lichtensteiger:He might be cut
Torain:He might be cut theres like 11 RBs on the roster
Powell:He'll fight for the NT Spot
Barret:I sure hopes he makes it
Hillis:He'll start at FB in come in as a RB sometimes

2006 Draft

Scheffler : could be traded, but is looking like he will remain
B Marsh : he's here at least this season, after that probably not
Dumerveil : he'll get a shot this year, but beyond that who knows
Kuper : not going anywhere, safest of the 2006 class

2007 Draft

Moss: relatively cheap contract, could get cut
Crowder: probably gets cut
Harris : best young RT in the game, completely safe
Thomas : he is a major part of our DL rotation

2008 Draft

Clady: he is the best young LT in the league, completely safe
Royal:Royal's the new Welker(ff players, remember that)
Lichtensteiger: he may steal Hamilton's job or remain as a backup
Torain:he's gone, 1st round of cuts
Powell:part of the rotation, incredible run stopper
Barret:i think he is a ST and a guy to learn from Dawkins for at least a year
Hillis:best back on our roster, and more than likely, our starting RB by week 4

Natedog24
04-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Ryan Clady is the safest bet to not go anywhere anytime soon. Top notch LT's are a dime a dozen, probably even rarer then the "Franchise Quarterback" moniker that everyone threw around when Jay was being traded.

(Of course now that I have said that, McDaniels will probably trade Clady for another truck load of draft picks)

Where's Plummer???
04-18-2009, 10:51 AM
i think Hillis and Jordan would be a good tandem. quickness with smashmouth... BOOM!

nickademus
04-18-2009, 11:25 AM
i think Hillis and Jordan would be a good tandem. quickness with smashmouth... BOOM!

maybe if jordan was the player he was about 5 years ago. but now he is just another slow big back who will have trouble beating Hillis as the short yardage back.

Bronx33
04-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Good lord, can you spare us your petulance please? No wonder you were in love with Jay, you're two of a kind.

Well put....

snowspot66
04-18-2009, 11:40 AM
B Marsh : he's here at least this season, after that probably not

Why would Marshall be gone? The guy is an offensive coach he's not going to ditch one of the best receivers in the game.

chaz
04-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Ryan Clady is the safest bet to not go anywhere anytime soon. Top notch LT's are a dime a dozen, probably even rarer then the "Franchise Quarterback" moniker that everyone threw around when Jay was being traded.

(Of course now that I have said that, McDaniels will probably trade Clady for another truck load of draft picks)

Do you know what "a dime a dozen" means? hint: not rare

skpac1001
04-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Why would Marshall be gone? The guy is an offensive coach he's not going to ditch one of the best receivers in the game.

Because he will want to be payed like the WR he is at his best, but his play at his worst (constant suspension risk, inconsistent hands) makes that kind of payday a risk.

barryr
04-18-2009, 12:17 PM
If players produce on the field, then they stick around just like with any other team and coach. "His players" only applies to positions that have needs and they also have to produce too.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Because he will want to be payed like the WR he is at his best, but his play at his worst (constant suspension risk, inconsistent hands) makes that kind of payday a risk.

I think 95 percent of the Marshall hate in this world exists on this board. He's not a divisive figure in the locker room and, all in all, seems like a likeable guy who still has some growing up to do (but not a bad guy). I'd lock him up long term in a second. He's our best weapon by far.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-18-2009, 12:21 PM
And why is it so bad to bring in players he knows. Mike Shanahan totally did that. Tons of em. One of them was Eddie McCafferey and he turned out OK. I guarentee if this board was around in 1995, people would have been bitching about that one.

Cito Pelon
04-18-2009, 12:33 PM
maybe if jordan was the player he was about 5 years ago. but now he is just another slow big back who will have trouble beating Hillis as the short yardage back.

I think Jordan was a good signing, as were all the FA acquisitions.

For those cut, I was kind of hoping to see Tatum get a chance to compete after he was about the only skill player that showed he was a pro in the 12/28/08 game at SD.

snowspot66
04-18-2009, 12:59 PM

He'll have to put up a really great year to have the leverage to do that. It doesn't matter anyway. With the CBA the way it is and the length of his contract he's stuck with us for the next two years no matter what. The team has all the leverage in the contract negotiations and I think they'll use it to give him a fair but reasonable deal.

Paladin
04-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Cito: Have to agree here. I would have liked to have seen Tatum get a trial because he did seem more mature when he came back. Petulance in a spoiled football player is not pretty to see, and is difficult to manage. But I thought Tatum was growing up after he had to work in the real world a bit.....

Broncosfreak_56
04-18-2009, 01:13 PM
The ones that deserve to survive.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-18-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't get this cockeyed view here. McD has already said that Royal is the 3rd WR. Second He traded away a Qb that was able to avoid the rush in the pocket. I expect alot of zero protection and combined with a statue in the pocket i see a lot of sacks in our future. Then the blame will fall on Clady and Harris and o-line coach.

baja
04-18-2009, 01:23 PM
I don't get this cockeyed view here. <b>McD has already said that Royal is the 3rd WR. </b>Second He traded away a Qb that was able to avoid the rush in the pocket. I expect alot of zero protection and combined with a statue in the pocket i see a lot of sacks in our future. Then the blame will fall on Clady and Harris and o-line coach.

I don't believe that.

BroncoBuff
04-18-2009, 01:32 PM
2006 Draft

Scheffler
B Marsh
Dumerveil
Kuper

2007 Draft

Moss
Crowder
Harris
Thomas

2008 Draft

Clady
Royal
Lichtensteiger
Torain
Powell
Barret
Hillis

For this upcoming season ... only Tim Crowder is in serious jeopardy (he and Greg Eslinger, who finished '08 on the PS I think).

Great thread :thumbs:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-18-2009, 01:32 PM
I don't believe that.

i never ask people to take my words at face value. You can look it up your self. But also think what value are McD's words really. look I'll always be a Broncos fan. I been a Broncos fan for 25 years. That will never change. But I don't have to be a Broncos fan and a McD fan at the same time.

BroncoMan4ever
04-18-2009, 01:37 PM

i am not saying he is going to cut him for lack of talent, but McDaniels has already put off giving him a new contract due to off field crap, and this year may just be used as a way for McDaniels to decide whether his talents outweigh his off field troubles, will McDaniels think he is worth the headache. he's a great guy on the field, but his off field crap can become a distraction and McDaniels may choose to trade him for picks.

Marshall becomes a FA next year, so who knows what is going to happen with him. until he gets re-signed, i am going to assume this is his last year in Denver.

baja
04-18-2009, 01:38 PM
i never ask people to take my words at face value. You can look it up your self. But also think what value are McD's words really. look I'll always be a Broncos fan. I been a Broncos fan for 25 years. That will never change. But I don't have to be a Broncos fan and a McD fan at the same time.

Normally we provide links when we have shocking news here, moving Royal to the 3 rd receiver is that. Where is your link?

BroncoMan4ever
04-18-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't get this cockeyed view here. McD has already said that Royal is the 3rd WR. Second He traded away a Qb that was able to avoid the rush in the pocket. I expect alot of zero protection and combined with a statue in the pocket i see a lot of sacks in our future. Then the blame will fall on Clady and Harris and o-line coach.

Orton isn't a statue behind the line, like Derek Anderson. he isn't going to break the pocket and make plays on the run like Jay did, but he is decent at sliding in the pocket and avoiding the rush, plus he makes very quick decisions. very fast release, so it isn't as bad asa you are making it out to be.

BroncoMan4ever
04-18-2009, 01:43 PM

using Royal in the slot doesn't mean he is relegating him to number 3 receiver. it means Royal is going to be used like Wes Welker, and pull in 100+ catches a year, and be named amongst the elite WR in the league.

BroncoMan4ever
04-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Normally we provide links when we have shocking news here, moving Royal to the 3 rd receiver is that. Where is your link?

i am thinking he is mistaking playing from the slot as being the number 3 receiver.

the way i see our receivers is more than likely it is going to be Marshall and Gaffney split wide, with Royal in the slot in 3 receiver sets, but when it is 2 receivers it is going to be Marshall and Royal.

either way, Royal in the slot is a major mismatch against teams Nickel corner. he has already gotten a supposedly star CB released from his contract, what he will do to a teams number 3 is going to be very fun to watch.

baja
04-18-2009, 01:52 PM
i am thinking he is mistaking playing from the slot as being the number 3 receiver.

the way i see our receivers is more than likely it is going to be Marshall and Gaffney split wide, with Royal in the slot in 3 receiver sets, but when it is 2 receivers it is going to be Marshall and Royal.

either way, Royal in the slot is a major mismatch against teams Nickel corner. he has already gotten a supposedly star CB released from his contract, what he will do to a teams number 3 is going to be very fun to watch.

That I can buy...

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-18-2009, 02:57 PM

Thanks. I did a seach and thats what I found.

Where's Plummer???
04-18-2009, 04:41 PM
using Royal in the slot doesn't mean he is relegating him to number 3 receiver. it means Royal is going to be used like Wes Welker, and pull in 100+ catches a year, and be named amongst the elite WR in the league.

if McD runs a system like we all expect him too bein 3rd reciever is more like bein first "like you said about welker" i think royal would fit it well.

and i could see where putting him as a number 2 or 1 receiver would be a prob. ONLY becuz his size lacks for him with the blocking aspect

rastaman
04-18-2009, 06:43 PM
For this upcoming season ... only Tim Crowder is in serious jeopardy (he and Greg Eslinger, who finished '08 on the PS I think).

Great thread :thumbs:

Thanks for the positive input. Shanahan and the Goodmans put together real impressive drafts over the last 3 years. Its too bad Shanny didn't get 2 more years to see what could have happened.

BroncoBuff
04-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the positive input. Shanahan and the Goodmans put together real impressive drafts over the last 3 years. Its too bad Shanny didn't get 2 more years to see what could have happened.
Indeed ... two things Mike could have said to change everything:

1. "Okay Pat, I'll fire Bob Slowick."
2. "I think the Paul D. Bowlen Center at Dove Valley is perfect for our needs."

Josh and Brian might do very well next weekend ... but I sure wish Jim Goodman was still in charge.

rastaman
04-18-2009, 07:12 PM

Josh and Brian might do very well next weekend ... but I sure wish Jim Goodman was still in charge.

Couldn't agree with you more. Slowick was Shanahan's undoing. Why Shanny couldn't say Slowick you're outta here and fired him.....is beyond me. Maybe Shanahan didn't like Bowlen telling him who he should hire and fire and Shanahan stood firm which ultimately cost him his job.

I think Shanahan new he had a weak AZZ defense but he was depending on a high scoring offense of 30-35 points per game and a dominate zone blocking running attack to keep to keep our Defense off the field and keep opposing teams offense on the bench. But that game plane was smashed to hell when all 7 RB's suffered season ending injuries.

A porous defense, injured RB's = No Playoffs = Shanahan getting fired.

watermock
04-18-2009, 07:18 PM
indeed

Finger Roll
04-18-2009, 07:36 PM

the goodmans and shanahan put together 3 good drafts for the offense but stunk it up again drafting defensive players. Somebody forgot to tell them that defense is kind of important

BroncoBuff
04-19-2009, 12:44 AM
the goodmans and shanahan put together 3 good drafts for the offense but stunk it up again drafting defensive players. Somebody forgot to tell them that defense is kind of important

Yeah, but he did try ... Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder 1-2 in 2007. Jarvis still might succeed, but I think Crowder is about done. Ten healthy scratches in '08 with John Engleberger ahead of you does not bode well for the future ... :oyvey:

And there were the three CBs in 2005 ... Foxy and Paymah might succeed elsewhere, and D-Will was a tragic loss, but for the Broncos there's almost nobody else left ... Dumervil, Thomas and DJ are the only Broncos draftees on defense.

Even if Larsen, Woodyard, Barrett and Powell all blow up ... it's too late for Mike.

Archer81
04-19-2009, 12:53 AM
Yeah, but he did try ... Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder 1-2 in 2007. Jarvis still might succeed, but I think Crowder is about done. Ten healthy scratches in '08 with John Engleberger ahead of you does not bode well for the future ... :oyvey:

And there were the three CBs in 2005 ... Foxy and Paymah might succeed elsewhere, and D-Will was a tragic loss, but for the Broncos there's almost nobody else left ... Dumervil, Thomas and DJ are the only Broncos draftees on defense.

Even if Larsen, Woodyard, Barrett and Powell all blow up ... it's too late for Mike.

Consider the previous defensive staff had Robertson drop back into coverage, bly play off when he is a bump and run corner, webster in the middle and woodyard at SS, then any concern relating to young defensive linemen can be shelved for at least a season.

:Broncos:

BroncoBuff
04-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Forgot JMFW ... that makes 5 promising defenders from '08 draft, compared to just 3 defensive draftees on the rest of the roster.

Wouldn't it be a kick in Mike's butt if Larsen, Powell, JMFW, Barrett and Woodyard ALL FIVE become solid starters?

It could happen, and that'd be ironic to have failed for a decade+ on defense, and then nail 5 starters on your way out the door ... :oyvey:

footstepsfrom#27
04-19-2009, 01:43 AM
Forgot JMFW ... that makes 5 promising defenders from '08 draft, compared to just 3 defensive draftees on the rest of the roster.

Wouldn't it be a kick in Mike's butt if Larsen, Powell, JMFW, Barrett and Woodyard ALL FIVE become solid starters?

It could happen, and that'd be ironic to have failed for a decade+ on defense, and then nail 5 starters on your way out the door ... :oyvey:
Ironic...yes...more likely that 3 are gone by next year.

watermock
04-19-2009, 02:22 AM
McDummy wasted alot of money on washed up players.

Only the CB is worth a ****.

watermock
04-19-2009, 03:02 AM

Wouldn't it make it more ironic that Shanahan was fired? AND the Goodmans?

Of course, Mcdummy won't let that happen.

Expect half gone within 2 tears.

Inkana7
04-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Wouldn't it make it more ironic that Shanahan was fired? AND the Goodmans?

Of course, Mcdummy won't let that happen.

Expect half gone within 2 tears.

Wtf did you just say?

Drek
04-19-2009, 02:16 PM

More mediocre football?

Shanahan didn't practice what he preached the last 5+ years and that is reason number one why this team sucked and why all this **** has precipitated out.

He always claimed he wanted competition, but that suggestion has been pretty strongly refuted by Foxworth basically stating that he wasn't given the chance to compete with Bly for the #2 CB job, by Webster getting his job back over Larsen after Larsen showed more play recognition and toughness in one game (at ATL) than Webster has in his entire career. Benching Woodyard to send a 75% DJ (at best) back on the field, and the list goes on.

He played his favorites, he hired his favorites on the coaching staff. Thats why a completely inexperienced Jeremy Bates ran a high powered offense that threw more than pretty much anyone else in the league despite a historically strong running game and was pathetic in the red zone.

That is why Bob Slowik was going to get another season to turn around a defense he'd somehow made worse from the year before, while Jim Bates got the axe basically part way through his first year as DC.

Its why Jeff Goodman was an Asst. GM when his resume indicates no real progression to that point, and why another Asst. GM was not only brought in along side him, but then also promoted over him.

Shanahan ran an organization of nepotism and bias, without a single check on his decisions in the organization. He's nearly entirely responsible for this team being where it is right now, and thats not a good thing.

Bronx33
04-19-2009, 02:26 PM
More mediocre football?

Shanahan didn't practice what he preached the last 5+ years and that is reason number one why this team sucked and why all this **** has precipitated out.

He always claimed he wanted competition, but that suggestion has been pretty strongly refuted by Foxworth basically stating that he wasn't given the chance to compete with Bly for the #2 CB job, by Webster getting his job back over Larsen after Larsen showed more play recognition and toughness in one game (at ATL) than Webster has in his entire career. Benching Woodyard to send a 75% DJ (at best) back on the field, and the list goes on.

He played his favorites, he hired his favorites on the coaching staff. Thats why a completely inexperienced Jeremy Bates ran a high powered offense that threw more than pretty much anyone else in the league despite a historically strong running game and was pathetic in the red zone.

That is why Bob Slowik was going to get another season to turn around a defense he'd somehow made worse from the year before, while Jim Bates got the axe basically part way through his first year as DC.

Its why Jeff Goodman was an Asst. GM when his resume indicates no real progression to that point, and why another Asst. GM was not only brought in along side him, but then also promoted over him.

Shanahan ran an organization of nepotism and bias, without a single check on his decisions in the organization. He's nearly entirely responsible for this team being where it is right now, and thats not a good thing.

True facts will get you nowhere with rastaman and the shanny lovers glee club that refuses to see shanahans faults. ( ****** great post btw) drek.

baja
04-19-2009, 02:26 PM
Excellent post Drek.

Quick someone fax this to Blueflame, So. Cal., TJ and all other Shanahan disciples

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-19-2009, 02:38 PM

And Royal said in his interview that everyone is learning all the WR positions so that they can be moved around and put in different matchups.

And how would you rectify being pro-Broncos but anti-McDaniels? The two are the same entity now. The sooner you come around to that realization, the easier it's going to be on you.

Gameday:

ultimate soldier - "LET'S GO BRONCOS! Wait... no... I HOPE YOU FAIL, MCDANIELS! JERK! Er... wait... GO BRONCOS! Dammit... YOU SUCK MCD!"

TotallyScrewed
04-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Do you know what "a dime a dozen" means? hint: not rare

That was my question but then I thought he's being facetious.

But who really knows what McD is going to do? There's no need to protect a lousy QB... And there's no need for good receivers, either, if you can't get them the ball. Okay, ok...he shouldn't get rid of either player.

TotallyScrewed
04-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Cito: Have to agree here. I would have liked to have seen Tatum get a trial because he did seem more mature when he came back. Petulance in a spoiled football player is not pretty to see, and is difficult to manage. But I thought Tatum was growing up after he had to work in the real world a bit.....

The problem is Tatum doesn't have any talent.

baja
04-19-2009, 03:13 PM
What do you mean he's a running back and Shanahan drafted him in the 2nd round. He's got to be great right?

footstepsfrom#27
04-19-2009, 04:47 PM
The problem is Tatum doesn't have any talent.
That's not true. Bell has talent, he's just not an every down back. He is what he is...a guy better equipped for change of pace who should get 12-15 carries a game.

Where's Plummer???
04-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Tatum is good. not great but good. i agree w/ footsteps. which is why i believe in the tandum back system. yet nowadays its almost mandatory to go with tandum backs n/e ways... and the new system is gonna require a more multi back talented core n/e ways... The Local Colorado Springs paper "The Gazette" had a interesting article in it today about this...

http://www.gazette.com/sports/jordan_52061___article.html/broncos_new.html

BroncoBuff
04-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Excellent post Drek.

Quick someone fax this to Blueflame, So. Cal., TJ and all other Shanahan disciples

I'm a Shanahan disciple ... why don't I get a fax? ???

Drek
04-20-2009, 04:48 AM
That's not true. Bell has talent, he's just not an every down back. He is what he is...a guy better equipped for change of pace who should get 12-15 carries a game.

He has below average hands, he runs below average routes, he's poor in pass pro, and he has prolonged stretches where he can't hang onto the ball while running.

Is he good as a straight up ball carrier, when he actually holds onto the ball? Sure. But other than that he doesn't offer anything to a team. In today's NFL you can't afford to have someone who is that one dimensional taking up a roster spot.

I'm a Shanahan disciple ... why don't I get a fax? ???
'Cause we knew you'd read it here Buff, you got the message straight from the source. :thumbsup:

LongDongJohnson
04-20-2009, 06:56 AM

no the blame will fall on you

Cito Pelon
04-20-2009, 07:15 AM
He has below average hands, he runs below average routes, he's poor in pass pro, and he has prolonged stretches where he can't hang onto the ball while running.

Is he good as a straight up ball carrier, when he actually holds onto the ball? Sure. But other than that he doesn't offer anything to a team. In today's NFL you can't afford to have someone who is that one dimensional taking up a roster spot.

'Cause we knew you'd read it here Buff, you got the message straight from the source. :thumbsup:

I wonder if Tatum is sending tapes out to other teams. Tatum had always that great stride, still had it last year. I was very impressed with Tatum in the 12/28/08 game at SD when the chips were down. Might have been the most complete game of his career.

Looking back, Tatum was what we got for Portis along with Champ. That's another reason why I would have liked to see Tatum get a last shot at tailback in TC this year. They kept Selvin though he's not the runner Tatum is. The hands probably made the difference.

Gort
04-20-2009, 08:16 AM

he got a bit too comfortable as "coach for life" and the Broncos had 9-7, 7-9, and 8-8 records the past 3 years to show for it. that's why he's gone. and what you said as well. when you tell everyone that you're competing for a superbowl year-in and year-out and then play .500 football (and get blown out in many of the losses), then you're rightly on the hot seat.

is anybody going to missy Shanny's notorious doghouse? i'm not. he killed a bunch of players careers in there.