http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2009/mock041709.htm

12. Raji
18. Moreno

MVP-06
04-17-2009, 08:36 PM
If Raji falls to 12 i'll be stoked. Pipedream imo though

theAPAOps5
04-17-2009, 08:41 PM
I think Raji has too many character issues. Its a very risky pick IMO but still a tempting one.

Dukes
04-17-2009, 08:45 PM
I'm not familiar with Moala, but Raji and English would make me extremely happy.

socalorado
04-17-2009, 09:23 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2009matt_2.php

I absolutely love this draft for the Broncos. Here's how he sees it:

12. B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

18. Larry English, OLB, NIU

48. Fili Moala, DE, USC

This is F'n awsome! I dont even like Raji that much and think he will be overvalued, but if Cushing was taken there at #12, then it would be perfect. Get NT/DT Dorrell Scott and RB Rashad Jennings in the 3rd.
Get DE Mitch King in the 4th.
And that would totally solve the front 7, and even have a RB as well!

oubronco
04-18-2009, 10:18 AM
This is F'n awsome! I dont even like Raji that much and think he will be overvalued, but if Cushing was taken there at #12, then it would be perfect. Get NT/DT Dorrell Scott and RB Rashad Jennings in the 3rd.
Get DE Mitch King in the 4th.
And that would totally solve the front 7, and even have a RB as well!

add in Taylor later and it would ROCK

Broncoman13
04-18-2009, 11:32 AM
As good a place as any to put this one. From PFW's Nawrocki:

12. Raji
18. Moreno

Even better!!!

I would be extremely happy with a Raji and Moreno draft. In fact, I'd go buy a Moreno jersey (Georgia) in a heartbeat!!!

peacepipe
04-18-2009, 11:59 AM
I think Raji has too many character issues. Its a very risky pick IMO but still a tempting one.
Tempting!? If he's there we're drafting him.

theAPAOps5
04-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Tempting!? If he's there we're drafting him.

Thus the fact that despite his issues he is tempting. His ability will outweigh his past for a team and it very well could be ours.

Paladin
04-18-2009, 12:09 PM
I doubt that Raji would beat out Taylor or Brace for the NT position. He would likely be played as a DE or such, and certainly as a DT in a 4-3 alignment. I thought Brace outplayed him in the Senior Bowl, and Raji was "handled" by the tackles he faced. I don't think he has nearly the potential as Hill, Taylor, Brace or even the kid from USC.

I'd rather stick to the game plan of Jackson, Ayers, English, Brace or Taylor on day one, and add Hill later on day 2.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-18-2009, 12:29 PM
I doubt that Raji would beat out Taylor or Brace for the NT position. He would likely be played as a DE or such, and certainly as a DT in a 4-3 alignment. I thought Brace outplayed him in the Senior Bowl, and Raji was "handled" by the tackles he faced. I don't think he has nearly the potential as Hill, Taylor, Brace or even the kid from USC.

I'd rather stick to the game plan of Jackson, Ayers, English, Brace or Taylor on day one, and add Hill later on day 2.

I dunno, Senior bowl aside, he can be dominant. I think he picks and chooses, but wow, he can manhandle people. All the talent in the world, we'd just need to get it out of him on a consistant basis. DE/NT/ whatever..he's a talent.

Paladin
04-18-2009, 12:54 PM
It is a crap shoot as to whether this guy would be motivated to be consistent. But aside from that, I gather Ayers and Jackson and English have "mean" streaks that motivate them more consistently. The D needs some "mean", particularly on the front 7. I want to hear Phyllis scream. If Raji relies on just pushing and shoving, that won't do it for me. I'd want him to want to , you know, punish the guy or guys in front of him.

It is no longer enough to just be "talented". The D needs some "mean".

Unnerstan?

Broncoman13
04-18-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm with Apa on this one. Raji has a world of talent but you cannot look past those character issues. I think he'll slide a bit. I would rather we got Tyson Jackson at 12 and then addressed NT (a lot) in the back end of the draft. Get guys like Scott, Taylor, and Prior in the late rounds.

Tyson Jackson and then part of the White Nation duo of Clay Mathews Jr.

gyldenlove
04-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Tyson Jackson is a guy I would love in the 1st, he may run a bit hot and cold, but he has no character issues, he is one of the best run defenders coming out and he has faced a lot of tough opponents so he wouldn't have a steep learning curve. Ron Brace is another guy I like, he is used to being anonymous, he is used to facing double blockers and he knows how to play the nose tackle position.

I still think Raji will go higher than expected, I know he has some issues, but his size and talent are not easily ignored. There are only so many big fellas in the world with that kind of quickness.

Right now I would really like having Tyson Jackson at number 12, Either Moreno, Everette Brown or Laurinatis at 18, Brace at 48 and David Veikune in the 3rd round. I want people who will fight on the defense.

broncofan7
04-18-2009, 03:02 PM
As good a place as any to put this one. From PFW's Nawrocki:

12. Raji
18. Moreno

I LOVE these two picks---Knowshon is going to be a SUPERSTAR.

broncofan7
04-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Tyson Jackson is a guy I would love in the 1st, he may run a bit hot and cold, but he has no character issues, he is one of the best run defenders coming out and he has faced a lot of tough opponents so he wouldn't have a steep learning curve. Ron Brace is another guy I like, he is used to being anonymous, he is used to facing double blockers and he knows how to play the nose tackle position.

I still think Raji will go higher than expected, I know he has some issues, but his size and talent are not easily ignored. There are only so many big fellas in the world with that kind of quickness.

Right now I would really like having Tyson Jackson at number 12, Either Moreno, Everette Brown or Laurinatis at 18, Brace at 48 and David Veikune in the 3rd round. I want people who will fight on the defense.

RE: Tyson jackson--SEE Marcus Spears, Dallas Cowboys--overpaid and average.

Paladin
04-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Projected by you?

Doesn't matter. It's all speculation, anyway.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-18-2009, 04:56 PM
It is a crap shoot as to whether this guy would be motivated to be consistent. But aside from that, I gather Ayers and Jackson and English have "mean" streaks that motivate them more consistently. The D needs some "mean", particularly on the front 7. I want to hear Phyllis scream. If Raji relies on just pushing and shoving, that won't do it for me. I'd want him to want to , you know, punish the guy or guys in front of him.

It is no longer enough to just be "talented". The D needs some "mean".

Unnerstan?

I never necessarily disagreed with your assessment, I'm just saying i think he has that mean in him. In some games last year he'd push an O-lineman 7 yards into the backfield to tackle a back. I mean, you see that and you have to raise an eyebrow.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-18-2009, 04:57 PM
RE: Tyson jackson--SEE Marcus Spears, Dallas Cowboys--overpaid and average.

Here's my guess:

1) You've never really watched him play outside of a youtube video and are saying this simply because you think it would be more fun to draft someone like Moreno

broncofan7
04-18-2009, 05:00 PM
Here's my guess:

1) You've never really watched him play outside of a youtube video and are saying this simply because you think it would be more fun to draft someone like Moreno

I am a HUGE SEC fan (Go Gators) and I realize that Tyson Jackson is alldraft hype and nothing more. And I do want Moreno if he is there @ 18. So you're half right.

Dedhed
04-18-2009, 05:05 PM
I would actually love Moreno. If we had 1 1st rounder I would not even consider an offensive guy, but with the bonus pick if there's a stud like Moreno there, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all.

I absolutely love the energy he brings to the field. He's got the type of passion that you simply cannot coach into a player, and I'll take a guy like that every time.

Br0nc0Buster
04-18-2009, 05:18 PM
I dont get the Moreno hype.

He reminds of another guy we already have on the roster....Correll Buckhalter.

Tombstone RJ
04-18-2009, 05:25 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2009matt_2.php

I absolutely love this draft for the Broncos. Here's how he sees it:

12. B.J. Raji, DT, Boston College

18. Larry English, OLB, NIU

48. Fili Moala, DE, USC

I can dig it.

broncofan7
04-18-2009, 05:29 PM
I just got my sporting news magazine in the mail--and the top 100 BY Russ Lande(purported former NFL scout) has us drafting the following:

12) Rey-Rey
16)Chargers-Knowshon--I would be sick!
18) Evander Hood
48) Tyson Jackson--If he lasts to #48(doubt he will)--I am all for drafting him there
79) Lardarius Webb-(S-nicholls state)
84) Derrick Williams (PSU WR)

broncofan7
04-18-2009, 05:32 PM

Really? He reminds me of a bigger Brian Westbrook with his agility, hands and speed.

Dedhed
04-18-2009, 05:36 PM

There's no hype with Moreno, I'm pretty sure that's why you don't get it.

Br0nc0Buster
04-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Really? He reminds me of a bigger Brian Westbrook with his agility, hands and speed.

I wasnt aware Moreno was all that fast, are you sure about that?

Again we already have a guy on our roster with good agility and good hands, Buckhalter.

Br0nc0Buster
04-18-2009, 05:49 PM
There's no hype with Moreno, I'm pretty sure that's why you don't get it.

Seems to be among some people.

Anyone considering a RB in the first had better see something special in them because drafting a RB with our needs would be dumb unless the guy is like a perenial prowbowler.

I really dont see anything special in Moreno that separates him from RBs not only in this class, but classes before him

broncofan7
04-18-2009, 05:50 PM
I wasnt aware Moreno was all that fast, are you sure about that?

Again we already have a guy on our roster with good agility and good hands, Buckhalter.

Buckhalter, sans 3 knee reconstructions and 8 years of age --LOL.

Br0nc0Buster
04-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Buckhalter, sans 3 knee reconstructions and 8 years of age --LOL.

Buckhalter was never really the guy though, so its not like he is about to break down.

He will be used in a rotation

I dont see why we need to get younger at RB when we can hold off for now and work on the defense.

I also dont see what Moreno can do that Hillis cant.

cutthemdown
04-19-2009, 02:24 AM
If Broncos pass on trying to find a dynamic QB, they would be wise to draft a dynamic RB. You don't want an all avg backfield in the NFL. If Orton is avg then he needs an above avg RB to hand off to and above avg wr, above avg oline.

IMO Broncos have the oline, the WR and TE, what they don't have is a real blue chip RB.

broncofan7
04-19-2009, 08:13 AM
If Broncos pass on trying to find a dynamic QB, they would be wise to draft a dynamic RB. You don't want an all avg backfield in the NFL. If Orton is avg then he needs an above avg RB to hand off to and above avg wr, above avg oline.

IMO Broncos have the oline, the WR and TE, what they don't have is a real blue chip RB.

Which RB do you like in this draft?