PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to workout Sanchez

titan
04-17-2009, 03:33 PM
The Broncos are not going to let the upcoming draft pass without making a serious evaluation of Mark Sanchez.

According to an NFL source, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and general manager Brian Xanders have scheduled a private workout with the USC quarterback for next Tuesday.

See:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12165975?source=rss

Pick Six
04-17-2009, 03:34 PM
That makes sense. It would be foolish not to even LOOK at Sanchez...

PRBronco
04-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Smokescreen!!!!111

oubronco
04-17-2009, 03:36 PM
and he will like what he see's but the question is will he try to move up to get him?

Irish Stout
04-17-2009, 03:36 PM
That makes sense. It would be foolish not to even LOOK at Sanchez...

Man, the way McD talked in his presser about QBs in this draft... I got the impression he liked something there. Of course, it could be his standard statement of "we're keeping all options open." But, I really think he likes someone in the draft... at this point all signs are pointing to dirty sanchez.

Gcver2ver3
04-17-2009, 03:38 PM
and Bronco fan overreaction in 5..4..3...2.....

TheDave
04-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Just the thought of this made me throw up in my mouth...

Gcver2ver3
04-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Smokescreen!!!!111

exactly...

it would be stupid to let people believe he's not interested in Sanchez...

SO MANY draft experts have him chasing Sanchez so it only makes sense to play along...

Punisher
04-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Rhett Bomar in the 6th Round :pray:

:hitself: Make it Happen

GoBroncos84
04-17-2009, 03:42 PM
I'm definitely not on board with taking a QB high this year. I think they have to let Orton have his shot. If not, it really makes the trade look worse. Especially when they could have had Campbell or some other QB. Supposedly McD likes Orton and thinks he can win with him. He has to give him a shot. Why lose a pro bowl QB for a rookie... not smart. Plus next year is a better QB class if Orton doesn't work out. I hope a QB is not taken until the 5th round or later

tsiguy96
04-17-2009, 03:46 PM
I'm definitely not on board with taking a QB high this year. I think they have to let Orton have his shot. If not, it really makes the trade look worse. Especially when they could have had Campbell or some other QB. Supposedly McD likes Orton and thinks he can win with him. He has to give him a shot. Why lose a pro bowl QB for a rookie... not smart. Plus next year is a better QB class if Orton doesn't work out. I hope a QB is not taken until the 5th round or later

because sanchez will likely sit for a year before playing and mcd wants to win this year, not next. orton serviceable, sanchez future star? i dunno, well see.

bronco militia
04-17-2009, 03:47 PM
The source said the private workout doesn't necessarily mean the Broncos have identified Sanchez as their primary target in the NFL draft that will commence next Saturday. Instead, the Broncos are merely playing catch up in scouting a position that wasn't considered a strong need until they felt forced to grant Jay Cutler's trade request earlier this month.

we're ****ed

Punisher
04-17-2009, 03:50 PM

I'm Glad someone agrees with me I think Rhett Bomar could be a perfect fit sitting in learning the Offense this year under Orton and McDickhole plus next year there's QB called Colt McCoy coming out of college.I think we have a great shot of getting McCoy if Orton and Bomar don't work out

orange crusher
04-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Why not show interest? It doesn't necessarily mean they draft him. It just might be enough to make someone jump in front of them, meaning someone else falls.

Tombstone RJ
04-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Its called Due Dilligence. McD has to look at all options. He's got to justify every pick, and he's got to justify every NON-pick, IMHO. He's got the job now, and he needs to work, work, work to keep it.

broncofan2438
04-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Nope...still wont draft him

DBBBSBS
04-17-2009, 04:07 PM
Why not show interest? It doesn't necessarily mean they draft him. It just might be enough to make someone jump in front of them, meaning someone else falls.

some people in mane behave as though he is the only one broncos are having for a private workout this seasaon. the worst reaction will come over night and tomorrow.... keep those comments coming, this thread is ready to go to $hit in a few minutes..... :welcome:

cutthemdown
04-17-2009, 04:22 PM
Most of you also didn't want to select a QB when we took Cutler. Remember that? Now most of you crying your eyes out because the guy you didn't want drafted is being traded. I guess all those wins he had made you love him.

If we draft Sanchez, and he turns out good, then you will all love him and kiss his ass. If not then you will say I told you so. How about we pass on Sanchez and he goes on to be a stud? So many scenarios I have no idea why people even think they can predict what picks are stupid and what ones aren't.

Not many liked the Royal pick either. I remember one guy saying we take a WR in a weak WR draft? we are stupidest team in the NFL. He probably has an Eddie Royal jersey now and is sending away for a sample of his sperm to impregnate his old lady with.

Pony Boy
04-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Orton's gonna be pissed! I see a trade demand!

Kaylore
04-17-2009, 04:31 PM
and he's got to justify every NON-pick, IMHO. .

A lot of this happens as well. If someone else takes him and he blooms he needs to be accountable for why we passed and didn't at least look at him.

peacepipe
04-17-2009, 04:35 PM
when did it become standard that franchise QBs are found on day 2!

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 04:38 PM
The Broncos are not going to let the upcoming draft pass without making a serious evaluation of Mark Sanchez.

According to an NFL source, Broncos coach Josh McDaniels and general manager Brian Xanders have scheduled a private workout with the USC quarterback for next Tuesday.
Maybe little hoodie wants to make sure he's a system QB without the physical tools most coaches look for so he can "coach him" to success.

Liquid Courage
04-17-2009, 04:39 PM

when our new head coach did it twice?

DBBBSBS
04-17-2009, 04:39 PM

if not for a day 2 pick... denver broncos would have never won a superbowl

elsid13
04-17-2009, 04:42 PM

He has don't once yet.

Brady drafted and developed before McDaniels was on the offense side of the ball. Cassell has yet to prove that he is franchise QB, one good year doesn't make you an elite QB.

BTW McDaniels had no say on who was drafted in NE. That responiblity was with Hoodie and former GM in NE.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 04:45 PM
McOpie didn't draft Brady and I doubt he's the one who decided to get Cassel.

Rohirrim
04-17-2009, 04:50 PM

I see a new future for footsteps. He can run his own website called FireMcDanielsNow! I'm sure he can pick up the FireShanahanNow website cheap. Then, he can post his anti McDaniels sour grapes daily to a vast audience who can't wait to hear his latest gripe.

gyldenlove
04-17-2009, 04:51 PM

Nopes, no such luck. Mcdaniels was never involved in the drafting in New England.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 04:55 PM
I see a new future for footsteps. He can run his own website called FireMcDanielsNow! I'm sure he can pick up the FireShanahanNow website cheap. Then, he can post his anti McDaniels sour grapes daily to a vast audience who can't wait to hear his latest gripe.
So...what? You think he did draft Brady and Cassel?

Liquid Courage
04-17-2009, 05:11 PM
to imply that he had no role in their development doesn't seem entirely accurate either now does it. apparently the hoodied jedi is able to draft "2nd day talent" and have them miraculously appear to know the inner workings of a complex offense and make the right reads and decisions with only the wink of an eye and a bit of Beli-dust.

GoBroncos84
04-17-2009, 05:12 PM
I agree with the people who think Bomar in the 5th or 6th would be a great option. Probably doesn't last until the 6th, I think 5th is a possibility. I have no issues with Denver working out Sanchez, I just hope we do not draft him

Shoemaker
04-17-2009, 05:15 PM

....McOpie?

That's a new one.

Punisher
04-17-2009, 05:21 PM
I agree with the people who think Bomar in the 5th or 6th would be a great option. Probably doesn't last until the 6th, I think 5th is a possibility. I have no issues with Denver working out Sanchez, I just hope we do not draft him

Oh yea. I'm telling you Bomar was a good prospect before he got kicked out of O.U he was a freshman MVP for the Sooners. He played well his Senior year too throwing for 3405 yards In 27 TD for Sam Houston State.

I'll be very happy if we can pick him up in the 6th round I'm telling you this kid can get Coach up.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SustQKulJ9o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SustQKulJ9o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ColoradoDarin
04-17-2009, 05:27 PM
anyone think it's related to http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79707 and we can take the 'skins yet again?

Listen Danny, we're going to trade with the Jets, so you better pony up big to move up one spot

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 05:50 PM
to imply that he had no role in their development doesn't seem entirely accurate either now does it.
I did not imply that, but since you bring it up, Brady was drafted in 2000 while McHoodie was still at Michigan State. He made the pro bowl 3 years before he even became QB coach.
apparently the hoodied jedi is able to draft "2nd day talent" and have them miraculously appear to know the inner workings of a complex offense and make the right reads and decisions with only the wink of an eye and a bit of Beli-dust.
You're like the other McHoodie fans in here who do no research on Cassel. Cassel wasn't some dumb high school twit who happened to show up in the Pats camp to be schooled by Yoda the QB Jedi Master. He was a Parade Magazine HS All American, the 8th ranked QB in the country and a top 50 player overall who was so highly thought of by USC that they got a commitment from him in his junior year. He only sat on the bench for the Trojans because he had sat behind TWO HEISMAN WINNERS in Carson Palmer and Matt Leinert. He had his entire college career in a pro style offense with former NFL coach Pete Carrol and he got to watch two Heisman winners. He was known to other NFL clubs and in fact was on other teams draft boards as well as the Patriots. He then sat for 3 years as a backup learning the Pats system before he got his chance. All together he had 7 years to learn a pro style offense and the guys in front of him were Palmer, Leinert and Brady...any nitwit with an IQ above room temperature could have coached this guy by the time he started in 2008.

How all this adds up to McDaniels being a QB coaching wizard is largely a product of hype and missinformation freely accepted by those to lazy to research the facts.

TotallyScrewed
04-17-2009, 05:50 PM
McD (errr Bowlen) has screwed everything up so far. I just feel like he'll continue that, so it's all good. If he screws up more, I'll say "I thought he would." And if he doesn't then the team is better.

No place to go but up from here.

MVP-06
04-17-2009, 05:55 PM
I say we give Orton the year to prove he can run this offense. If not then next years class has a heck of alot better talent pool in the QB's. Draft one then

broncogary
04-17-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh yea. I'm telling you Bomar was a good prospect before he got kicked out of O.U he was a freshman MVP for the Sooners. He played well his Senior year too throwing for 3405 yards In 27 TD for Sam Houston State.

I'll be very happy if we can pick him up in the 6th round I'm telling you this kid can get Coach up.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SustQKulJ9o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SustQKulJ9o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Man, talk about your character risks. This guy knew he was getting paid off big time.

broncofan7
04-17-2009, 05:56 PM

Tom Brady--you are giving McD credit for Brady? I know Brady has been quoted as saying that McD helped his growth but come on, he had already won 3 SB's before MCD was his OC........

broncofan7
04-17-2009, 05:59 PM

I'll finance it for him..........Bowlen hired 1)WADE-miss, 2)Shanny--Hit--3)McD-not off to a good start by any sane person's judgement.

broncofan7
04-17-2009, 06:00 PM

I agree with this take--although if Sanchez is there @ 18(fat chance), I'd probably be tempted........

Drek
04-17-2009, 06:22 PM
How all this adds up to McDaniels being a QB coaching wizard is largely a product of hype and missinformation freely accepted by those to lazy to research the facts.

Except when Tom Brady and Matt Cassel specifically say that McDaniels was the primary reason for their recent offensive success, that he prepares them for a game better than any coach they've ever worked with, and that he gives them insight like they've never had before into how to read a defense.

Future HOF Tom Brady sure thinks McDaniels is pretty responsible for his recent success. Former #8 high school QB (Wow thats impressive!) Matt Cassel does too.

But hey, what does that matter? Footsteps knows better than those 'tards.

Houshyamama
04-17-2009, 06:26 PM

Why is it everyone hates on Sanchez so much?

I mean, NONE of you know how he is going to turn out.

How many USC games have most of you watched and how many times have you dissected those games and singled out his talents/lack there of?

Just sayin'... most of you have NO FREAKING CLUE

Neither do I.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 06:30 PM

Texas high school stud..."I wear number 7 because of Elway".

Grab him.

Carmelo15
04-17-2009, 06:39 PM
I say we give Orton the year to prove he can run this offense. If not then next years class has a heck of alot better talent pool in the QB's. Draft one then

I don't like this logic for one main reason: it implies you plan for our rookie QB of the 2010 to be the starter from day one.

Therefore we need to take a QB in this years draft and let him develop under McDaniels for at least year. Whether its Sanchez in round one or another QB later on in the draft.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-17-2009, 06:41 PM

How many USC games have most of you watched and how many times have you dissected those games and singled out his talents/lack there of?

Neither do I.

Agreed

SonOfLe-loLang
04-17-2009, 06:41 PM

Neither do I.

I will say this though...he's used to throwing to wide open receivers. He wont get those in the nfl

Los Broncos
04-17-2009, 06:43 PM
I will lose my mind if get this guy, we need help up front on defense!

oubronco
04-17-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm Glad someone agrees with me I think Rhett Bomar could be a perfect fit sitting in learning the Offense this year under Orton and McDickhole plus next year there's QB called Colt McCoy coming out of college.I think we have a great shot of getting McCoy if Orton and Bomar don't work out

I like Bomar as well but would rather have Bradford than McCoy :thumbs:

Punisher
04-17-2009, 06:48 PM
I like Bomar as well but would rather have Bradford than McCoy :thumbs:

I kind of like McCoy over Bradford just by a little bit

broncofan7
04-17-2009, 06:49 PM
I will lose my mind if get this guy, we need help up front on defense!

IF Raji isn't there @ 12 I want us to draft an edge rusher--preferably Brown from FSU. Two most important spots in the 3-4: NT and edge rushers--and we have none of them (doom and moss will not flourish at that spot--to go along with no longer having a franchise QB we are ****ed)

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Except when Tom Brady and Matt Cassel specifically say that McDaniels was the primary reason for their recent offensive success, that he prepares them for a game better than any coach they've ever worked with, and that he gives them insight like they've never had before into how to read a defense.
Kubiak looked great as Elways coach too.

McDaniels was the QB coach/OC from 2004-2008...5 years...which means he worked with those guys longer than anyone else...so of course he had the major influence on them since that's the majority of their careers...why would he not since he had them longer than anyone else? My point...which you conveniently ignored...was that neither player was chopped liver BEFORE he got them. Brady was a pro bowler and Cassel had 7 years of exposure to learning an NFL system before he started. Brady was a backup to Griese who worked up from 7th on the depth chart at Michigan. If anyone gets credit for his initial development it's his college coach Loyd Carr and Patriots staff in his first two years, which little hoodie had nothing to do with. McOpie got a pro bowler and helped him get better (that was his job) and he got a guy other NFL teams also had on their draft board, a guy who sat for 3 years watching Brady...before he started.

That's a long ways from him being the reason for their success and he had nothing to do with drafting either guy.
Former #8 high school QB (Wow thats impressive!) Matt Cassel does too.
Parade Magazine All American and #8 ranked QB in the USA absolutely is impressive. It's a far cry from the "he was just a high school quarterback". I guess USC for 4 years with Carrol, Palmer and Leinert had no impact on this guy right? He was utterly raw and without any talent before little hoodie got hold of him.

Let's wait to see if he can coach his way out of a paper bag as a head coach before we annoint this guy for Canton shall we?

Los Broncos
04-17-2009, 06:56 PM
IF Raji isn't there @ 12 I want us to draft an edge rusher--preferably Brown from FSU. Two most important spots in the 3-4: NT and edge rushers--and we have none of them (doom and moss will not flourish at that spot--to go along with no longer having a franchise QB we are ****ed)

If we don't get help up front it will be the same old story.

We score at will and then cant stop anyone.

QB stands around for 2 minutes in the pocket, TD!!

No ****ing pass rush! if we cant pressure pass rush against teams in our division were screwed.

Drek
04-17-2009, 07:44 PM

McDaniels was the QB coach/OC from 2004-2008...5 years...which means he worked with those guys longer than anyone else...so of course he had the major influence on them since that's the majority of their careers...why would he not since he had them longer than anyone else? My point...which you conveniently ignored...was that neither player was chopped liver BEFORE he got them. Brady was a pro bowler and Cassel had 7 years of exposure to learning an NFL system before he started. Brady was a backup to Griese who worked up from 7th on the depth chart at Michigan. If anyone gets credit for his initial development it's his college coach Loyd Carr and Patriots staff in his first two years, which little hoodie had nothing to do with. McOpie got a pro bowler and helped him get better (that was his job) and he got a guy other NFL teams also had on their draft board, a guy who sat for 3 years watching Brady...before he started.

That's a long ways from him being the reason for their success and he had nothing to do with drafting either guy.
They were both back end of the draft picks. Selecting them wasn't the impressive part, coaching them was.

McDaniels took a pro-bowl QB and put him at elite levels of production he'd never approached before. He took a guy that was passed on about 200 times in the draft and made him into an above average starter. Both of those guys credit McDaniels for a large portion of the success they've had in the NFL. You can argue against it all you want, but you aren't arguing it with me. You're arguing it with Tom Brady and Matt Cassel, the guys who know better than anyone how much McDaniels helped their careers.

Parade Magazine All American and #8 ranked QB in the USA absolutely is impressive. It's a far cry from the "he was just a high school quarterback". I guess USC for 4 years with Carrol, Palmer and Leinert had no impact on this guy right? He was utterly raw and without any talent before little hoodie got hold of him.
He was a 6th round pick for a reason, he didn't start over Leniart for a reason.

Being a Parade All American is very impressive, but it is only marginally more predictive of NFL success than not. You actually follow high school recruiting? A ton of guys make those high schooler lists and never even get a cup of coffee in the NFL, or change positions well before. They're entirely unreliable as some sort of NFL level talent predictive metric.

Let's wait to see if he can coach his way out of a paper bag as a head coach before we annoint this guy for Canton shall we?
Who's trying to do that?

All I see is a lot of bitter Cutler fans looking for a reason to downplay the guy's phenomenally impressive resume.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 07:54 PM
They were both back end of the draft picks. Selecting them wasn't the impressive part, coaching them was.

McDaniels took a pro-bowl QB and put him at elite levels of production he'd never approached before. He took a guy that was passed on about 200 times in the draft and made him into an above average starter. Both of those guys credit McDaniels for a large portion of the success they've had in the NFL. You can argue against it all you want, but you aren't arguing it with me. You're arguing it with Tom Brady and Matt Cassel, the guys who know better than anyone how much McDaniels helped their careers.

He was a 6th round pick for a reason, he didn't start over Leniart for a reason.

Being a Parade All American is very impressive, but it is only marginally more predictive of NFL success than not. You actually follow high school recruiting? A ton of guys make those high schooler lists and never even get a cup of coffee in the NFL, or change positions well before. They're entirely unreliable as some sort of NFL level talent predictive metric.

Who's trying to do that?

All I see is a lot of bitter Cutler fans looking for a reason to downplay the guy's phenomenally impressive resume.
The point on all this Cassel stuff is that he had talent and ample training in a pro style offene long before he got to New England. This "he never started in college" stuff is deceiving, and if you can't see that his situation sitting on the bench behind two Heisman winners contributed to that, you're not the smart poster I've thought you were. A USC top 50 HS All American is hardly talentless. Had he transfered out of USC like Aikman did out of Oklahoma, he might easily have started somewhere and been drafted higher. This is not a Terrel Davis thing...a HS nose tackle turned bench warmer in college who goes on to a 2000 yard season and Superbowl MVP. McHoodie worked with these guys, but both had already undergone significant advancement before he even got them. As for his resume...we'll see if he can translate that into HC success unlike Belicheat's other minions. So far the report card is not impressive, but if the guy proves he's all that, I'm on board. Till that time I remain suspicious that he's just an in over his head egotistical little twerp with a penchant for dishonesty.

broncogary
04-17-2009, 08:16 PM
The point on all this Cassel stuff is that he had talent and ample training in a pro style offene long before he got to New England. This "he never started in college" stuff is deceiving, and if you can't see that his situation sitting on the bench behind two Heisman winners contributed to that, you're not the smart poster I've thought you were. A USC top 50 HS All American is hardly talentless. Had he transfered out of USC like Aikman did out of Oklahoma, he might easily have started somewhere and been drafted higher. This is not a Terrel Davis thing...a HS nose tackle turned bench warmer in college who goes on to a 2000 yard season and Superbowl MVP. McHoodie worked with these guys, but both had already undergone significant advancement before he even got them. As for his resume...we'll see if he can translate that into HC success unlike Belicheat's other minions. So far the report card is not impressive, but if the guy proves he's all that, I'm on board. Till that time I remain suspicious that he's just an in over his head egotistical little twerp with a penchant for dishonesty.

TD was a star at Long Beach State before he transferred to GA. He was behind Garrison Hearst initially, and didn't show a lot his senior year when GA was showcasing their QB in a Heisman bid.

Drek
04-17-2009, 08:37 PM

Your problem is you somehow think being a bench warmer at a really good college is in any way prep for the NFL.

I'll leave it at a Gil Brandt quote from the late show on Sirius last night. The step from college QB to Pro QB is like going from grade school to a graduate program at MIT overnight. McDaniels has shown more than a little success at helping people make that jump, and the following steps thereafter to excel, than almost any other offensive coach in the last few years.

Now he might just be a really damn good OC and flop as a HC, but the fact that you're trying to contest the reality that he's a really damn good OC and more specifically very good at developing QBs just shows how slanted your view of the new regime really is.

no-pseudo-fan
04-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Don't believe the hype. We are in misinformation time.

Rohirrim
04-17-2009, 08:45 PM

Wow. This is really amazing. Now you're arguing that Cassell would have had a great year last season even if McD hadn't even been there? In other words, McD's entire career has been a complete sham? He hasn't contributed anything to anybody? He has tricked everyone, including Belichick and Bowlen, into believing that he is one of the great, young upcoming coaches of the NFL, and yet, you are not fooled. You with your deep wisdom and infinite knowledge of the sport have seen through McD's ruse. Impressive. Very impressive.

Rohirrim
04-17-2009, 08:50 PM

Sounds like a perfect argument for the Broncos to pick Sanchez. :thumbs:

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 08:50 PM
TD was a star at Long Beach State before he transferred to GA. He was behind Garrison Hearst initially, and didn't show a lot his senior year when GA was showcasing their QB in a Heisman bid.
TD rushed for 262 yards in his only season at Long Beach State. His best season at GA he managed 824...hardly the stuff of a star running back.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Your problem is you somehow think being a bench warmer at a really good college is in any way prep for the NFL.
Not to many college kids get to play for a former NFL head coach running a pro style offense the list of those stuck behind two Heisman winners is probably limited to one. After he left USC he had 3 years in the NE system. That's plenty of time to learn. His story is less surprising than Tony Romo's, who also sat for three years on the bench learning before he got a chance to start but Romo played I-AA small college football instead of a pro style offense at USC to learn and he was an undrafted free agent.
Now he might just be a really damn good OC and flop as a HC, but the fact that you're trying to contest the reality that he's a really damn good OC and more specifically very good at developing QBs just shows how slanted your view of the new regime really is.
Wrong again. I'm merely pointing out the truth in context, something that's so far been carefully avoided in here. Cassel's been called some kind of miracle of a guy with no talent who couldn't even play in college but got coached into an NFL stud. Obviously since he was on several teams draft boards he had talent and he obviously had plenty of time to learn to play the game under some great coaching before he got to little hoodie. Deny that as a factor if you wish...it's still fact.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a perfect argument for the Broncos to pick Sanchez. :thumbs:
That in fact is the one thing that worries me about him...he went to USC. Let's hope we don't move up for this guy on that basis.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 09:07 PM
Wow. This is really amazing. Now you're arguing that Cassell would have had a great year last season even if McD hadn't even been there? In other words, McD's entire career has been a complete sham? He hasn't contributed anything to anybody? He has tricked everyone, including Belichick and Bowlen, into believing that he is one of the great, young upcoming coaches of the NFL, and yet, you are not fooled. You with your deep wisdom and infinite knowledge of the sport have seen through McD's ruse. Impressive. Very impressive.
My point is very simple; Cassel had considerable talent and coaching before he got to little hoodie. Nothing you say in trying to stretch my remarks into something I didn't say changes the truth of that.

Rohirrim
04-17-2009, 09:10 PM
My point is very simple; Cassel had considerable talent and coaching before he got to little hoodie. Nothing you say in trying to stretch my remarks into something I didn't say changes the truth of that.

I think you have an unreasonable, deep hatred for McD, for whatever reason, and it's blinded you to your own contradictions. Rage on!

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 09:25 PM
I think you have an unreasonable, deep hatred for McD, for whatever reason, and it's blinded you to your own contradictions. Rage on!
Hatred? No. Lack of trust? Yes.

What exactly has he done that he deserves trust at this point?

broncos-rock
04-17-2009, 09:29 PM

try some pepcid!

baja
04-17-2009, 09:35 PM
If I was looking for a lucrative trade down from the 12 spot I would make this move too. Bring in Sanchez and make a team that really wants him sweat.

BroncoMan4ever
04-17-2009, 09:50 PM
and he will like what he see's but the question is will he try to move up to get him?

i think they are looking in more of a in case he is there at 12 and as a smokescreen to possibly get teams interested in him to move up so that a defender slides to us.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 11:19 PM
If I was looking for a lucrative trade down from the 12 spot I would make this move too. Bring in Sanchez and make a team that really wants him sweat.
A trade DOWN? Indications at present suggest it would take a trade UP, not down.

OrangeRising
04-17-2009, 11:47 PM

He did a good job coaching up Cassel. I'm not sure how much he had to do with Brady, but a 'phenomenally impressive resume'?

Yah, he managed to talk his way into a head coaching job in the NFL.

baja
04-17-2009, 11:51 PM
A trade DOWN? Indications at present suggest it would take a trade UP, not down.

No,I'm sayin tAKE A LOOK AT SANCHEZ NOT TO DRAFT HIM BUT TO MAKE TEAMS THINK WE ARE CONSIDERING IT THEREFORE IF HE IS THERE AT 12 AND SOMEONE WANTS HIM WE CAN GET GOOD VALUE TO SWAP PICKS . Just a pre draft game

Rohirrim
04-18-2009, 08:02 AM
No,I'm sayin tAKE A LOOK AT SANCHEZ NOT TO DRAFT HIM BUT TO MAKE TEAMS THINK WE ARE CONSIDERING IT THEREFORE IF HE IS THERE AT 12 AND SOMEONE WANTS HIM WE CAN GET GOOD VALUE TO SWAP PICKS . Just a pre draft game

This is the week of gamesmanship. We've already had all the nasty rumors spread around. Now we have all the rumors of which team is going to make which trade to do what. This week I'll be focussing on how badly the Lions **** everything up once again. :rofl:

broncogary
04-18-2009, 08:04 AM
TD rushed for 262 yards in his only season at Long Beach State. His best season at GA he managed 824...hardly the stuff of a star running back.

Hey, you're right. However, it's well known that George Allen thought he was a future star, and that's probably how he got GA to take him. I'll bet a lot of players on that team didn't transfer anywhere when they shut down the program.

Drek
04-18-2009, 08:08 AM
He did a good job coaching up Cassel. I'm not sure how much he had to do with Brady, but a 'phenomenally impressive resume'?

Yah, he managed to talk his way into a head coaching job in the NFL.

He coordinated the greatest offense in NFL history with pretty much complete autonomy from Belichick.

So in what world is that not phenomenally impressive?

baja
04-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Every player that has commented on McD has remarked how knowledgeable he is and all have said how excited the are to play in his system. All beyond the level of what is PC to say, the team is excited.

chex
04-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Every player that has commented on McD has remarked how knowledgeable he is and all have said how excited the are to play in his system. All beyond the level of what is PC to say, the team is excited.

Come on baja, you know the Gestapos will tell you that the only reliable articles, soundbites, or interviews are those that have a negative slant, which is inline with their agendas. Anything that is even remotely positive is to be dismissed as PC hearsay.

DarkHorse30
04-18-2009, 09:06 AM
I'll finance it for him..........Bowlen hired 1)WADE-miss, 2)Shanny--Hit--3)McD-not off to a good start by any sane person's judgement.

Wade was not a miss. The first thing he did was bring in Zimmerman, then he brought in Anthony Miller to give Elway another good target. Phillips was a mediocre HC, but headed Denver in the right direction after Reeves was fired.

lex
04-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Wade was not a miss. The first thing he did was bring in Zimmerman, then he brought in Anthony Miller to give Elway another good target. Phillips was a mediocre HC, but headed Denver in the right direction after Reeves was fired.

Sorry, but bringing in Zimmerman wasnt enough to not be considered a miss.

Ray Finkle
04-18-2009, 09:31 AM

a 1st for Mike Pritchard? Rod Bernstein? yuck to Wade...

Tombstone RJ
04-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Wade Phillips is just not HC material but he did do what he thought was best for the team. He was not given much time as the HC for the Broncos because Bowlen saw a chance to pick up Shanny. Regardless, I've got much respect for Wade Phillips.