PDA

View Full Version : The "genius" Nick Athan with another prediction

KCStud
04-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Athan says that there is an offer on the table already for KC's 3rd overall pick. Athan says that Denver has a deal set to trade both their first round picks for the 3 spot.

lex
04-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Who is Nick Athan?

TheDave
04-17-2009, 02:09 PM
"The Deal is Done"

DenverBrit
04-17-2009, 02:10 PM
http://cougarblawg.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/lame.jpg

KCStud
04-17-2009, 02:13 PM
http://profootball.scout.com/2/856599.html

50 minutes in

400HZ
04-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I won't believe it until Bob confirms.

Punisher
04-17-2009, 02:14 PM
If we do that I'll kill two Kittens and mail them to Todd Haley

Bronx33
04-17-2009, 02:15 PM
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8440/ironyo.png

elsid13
04-17-2009, 02:16 PM
I also understand that the Chefs will be trading Shanahan back to us as part of the deal.

24champ
04-17-2009, 02:20 PM
I also understand that the Chefs will be trading Shanahan back to us as part of the deal.

ROFL!

I swear to god these guys at WPI are a ****ing joke.

theAPAOps5
04-17-2009, 02:22 PM
The DEAL IS DONE!

elsid13
04-17-2009, 02:22 PM
ROFL!

I swear to god these guys at WPI are a ****ing joke.

It the morons that pay for WPI that are ****ing joke.

broncosteven
04-17-2009, 02:26 PM
Thing is that this scares me that it could happen.

Please do not move up to get a QB this year!

theAPAOps5
04-17-2009, 02:27 PM
No Shanahan was the one who traded up for reaches in the first, he isn't the coach. No need to worry.

Taco John
04-17-2009, 02:27 PM
There is no way in hell that McDaniels would be this stupid. Give me a break. Does Athan seriously believe that McDaniels would give a division rival who has the same defensive needs as us two first round picks in this draft, while we moved up to take a high priced QB at the #3 spot who could just as easily be a bust as anything ?

McDaniels wouldn't have a friend in Denver if he did that. I suppose nothing would suprise me this offseason at this point. But come on... We're not going to give a division rival two first round picks. There's no way McDaniels is this arrogant/dumb.

broncofan7
04-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Thing is that this scares me that it could happen.

Please do not move up to get a QB this year!

or Aaron Curry--who could become this generation's Mike Croel....

elsid13
04-17-2009, 02:30 PM
There is no way in hell that McDaniels would be this stupid. Give me a break. Does Athan seriously believe that McDaniels would give a division rival who has the same defensive needs as us two first round picks in this draft, while we moved up to take a high priced QB at the #3 spot who could just as easily be a bust as anything ?

Is Athan really that stupid? probable not. Are the readers of his site and chefs fans in general that stupid to believe this? Most certainly yes.

Punisher
04-17-2009, 02:36 PM
IMO if the Chefs draft Curry they'll have a Pretty good Linebacker Crop with Curry,Thomas,Vrabe and could Draft another young prospect in the 2nd round
::)

Pony Boy
04-17-2009, 02:47 PM
That's funny

DBBBSBS
04-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Athan says that there is an offer on the table already for KC's 3rd overall pick. Athan says that Denver has a deal set to trade both their first round picks for the 3 spot.

Sources say your mom and sister have 8 different holes where they are accepting ^^^^^ . Yours can be one of them

Kaylore
04-17-2009, 03:17 PM
http://www.v7n.com/forums/attachments/graphic-design-forum/1029d1121804285-ass-clown-award-assclown.jpg

Dexter
04-17-2009, 03:18 PM
LOL he said both of our first rounders this year and maybe a first next year. Jesus, this guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Punisher
04-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Sources say your mom and sister have 8 different holes where they are accepting ^^^^^ . Yours can be one of them

Wait a Sec...Are there Holes Dry or wet

Kaylore
04-17-2009, 03:25 PM
By the way, According to the draft value chart (I know it's "broken") we'd be taking 100 points of value in that trade, which is the equivalent of a top fourth round pick.

DomCasual
04-17-2009, 03:47 PM
I still think Clayton took far too little crap around here for the "The Deal is Done" crap. It was almost like people felt a little sorry for him, so they laid off.

Bronx33
04-17-2009, 03:54 PM
I still think Clayton took far too little crap around here for the "The Deal is Done" crap. It was almost like people felt a little sorry for him, so they laid off.

I did no such thing!!

Rohirrim
04-17-2009, 03:57 PM
http://images.theglobeandmail.com/archives/RTGAM/images/20080203/wspt-superbowl-gallery03/lombardi2.jpg

backup qb
04-17-2009, 04:00 PM
No Shanahan was the one who traded up for reaches in the first, he isn't the coach. No need to worry.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only two times Shanny traded up in the first was for Cutler(hardly a reach) and Jarvis Moss(reach). Shanny typically traded down when he could-went from 10 to 15 to get O'neal for example. He also traded out of the first the year we took Darrent Williams. I know we here at the mane don't like facts to get in the way of our arguments.

theAPAOps5
04-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Lets see a reach at DE in Moss and moved up to take Ryan Leaf Jr. Yeah great point. My point and I may have made a bad attempt at that is McD comes from the school of thought to build a solid team not move up to draft a star player. I don't see him making a trade like what this hack is suggesting.

Rohirrim
04-17-2009, 04:07 PM
I really don't care what they do. If it brings playmakers to Denver and wins games for us it works for me.

elsid13
04-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Lets see a reach at DE in Moss and moved up to take Ryan Leaf Jr. Yeah great point. My point and I may have made a bad attempt at that is McD comes from the school of thought to build a solid team not move up to draft a star player. I don't see him making a trade like what this hack is suggesting.

NE has history targeting certain players and moving up or down to get them. That why hoodie like to collect future draft picks.

theAPAOps5
04-17-2009, 04:11 PM
NE has history targeting certain players and moving up or down to get them. That why hoodie like to collect future draft picks.

Yes but they don't draft high in the first very often and have traded back. But haven't they also traded back into the first? I am shooting from the hip here so I may very well be wrong. But seems to me they like to draft lower in the round and move back into it if they see someone they want. But they don't move up like Mr. Athan is suggesting the Broncos will do.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-17-2009, 04:15 PM
We tradedup to get DJ too, didnt we?

TheDave
04-17-2009, 04:15 PM
Yes but they don't draft high in the first very often and have traded back. But haven't they also traded back into the first? I am shooting from the hip here so I may very well be wrong. But seems to me they like to draft lower in the round and move back into it if they see someone they want. But they don't move up like Mr. Athan is suggesting the Broncos will do.

Problem is this isn't new england. This is the McKidd/Xanders show... who the hell knows what they are going to do.

2 months ago I sure as hell couldn't of predicted they would trade Cutler. Hell, right now anything is possible.

theAPAOps5
04-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Good point but I think he trusts that school of thought.

Florida_Bronco
04-17-2009, 04:19 PM

I have it on good authority that Clayton was very distraught over that and his reactions behind closed doors nearly got him booted off of WPI.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 04:22 PM

McDaniels wouldn't have a friend in Denver if he did that. I suppose nothing would suprise me this offseason at this point. But come on... We're not going to give a division rival two first round picks. There's no way McDaniels is this arrogant/dumb.
Did you really have to go and say this?

You're the same guy who predicted Shanny would never be fired the day before he was fired...

Just sayin'

elsid13
04-17-2009, 04:40 PM

They drafted Mayo in top ten last year. I know you don't like Cutler, but call him a reach is joke. He very very talented young QB, thus why we got two 1st and 3rd and player for him.

theAPAOps5
04-17-2009, 04:56 PM
They drafted Mayo in top ten last year. I know you don't like Cutler, but call him a reach is joke. He very very talented young QB, thus why we got two 1st and 3rd and player for him.

I know and I am being a smart ass.

elsid13
04-17-2009, 05:00 PM
I know and I am being a smart ass.

Please leave smart ass-ness to the professionals. :approve:

theAPAOps5
04-17-2009, 05:01 PM
Show me one here and I will.......... :)

Atwater His Ass
04-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Did you really have to go and say this?

You're the same guy who predicted Shanny would never be fired the day before he was fired...

Just sayin'

I going to have to agree here. I think McD is that stupid. Which is ****ing scary.

Karenin
04-17-2009, 06:06 PM
McDaniels knows more about football than you ever will. Stupid people don't get the job as OC of the Patriots and then HC of the Denver Broncos. Since you supposedly know so much more than him about player evaluations, why don't you tell us your credentials?

Bronx33
04-17-2009, 06:20 PM
Who the **** are you even talking to karen? quote a freaking specific post will ya.

Br0nc0Buster
04-17-2009, 06:22 PM

They only drafted in the top ten last year because there were using San Frans pick.

And they originally started at like 8, and moved BACK to 10.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 06:34 PM
McDaniels knows more about football than you ever will. Stupid people don't get the job as OC of the Patriots and then HC of the Denver Broncos. Since you supposedly know so much more than him about player evaluations, why don't you tell us your credentials?
Probably the laziest response you can possibly offer on here is, "He's a coach and you're not."

FAIL

snowspot66
04-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Is he wrong?

Pony Boy
04-17-2009, 09:06 PM

Come on, fess up, are you Josh's wife?

Paladin
04-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Probably the laziest response you can possibly offer on here is, "He's a coach and you're not."

But it's true, isn't it?

Rock Chalk
04-17-2009, 10:09 PM

We got a 1st and a 3rd for him because he put up HUGE numbers with stupid insane talent around him that made him look most excellent which he really isnt.

Chicago overpaid and took an overrated whining punk and we made out like absolute bandits.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 10:16 PM
But it's true, isn't it?
That he's a coach? Yeah. That he knows what he's doing? Who knows? Time will tell but "he's a coach" means squat. The league's seen many failures with way more experience than this guy.

The exact same response can be used for any criticism ever directed by any fan at any coaching decision made by any coach in the NFL. But if you're willing to accept that one...don't ever question another coaching decision again no matter how foolish.

OrangeRising
04-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Who the heck is Nick Athan? Is he some draft guru or something?

This is so insane it borders on humor, or, someones' twisted idea of funny.

I've read any numbers of places that Kansas City does want to trade out of that #3 spot because they need quantity AND quality, but to suggest a deal is 'on the table' for Denvers two #1's so we can draft Sanchez exceeds even my lowest opinion of McDaniels.

I really think Bowlen would intervene to prevent something like this, regardless of appearances. Terrible.

Broncos_OTM
04-18-2009, 06:24 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but the only two times Shanny traded up in the first was for Cutler(hardly a reach) and Jarvis Moss(reach). Shanny typically traded down when he could-went from 10 to 15 to get O'neal for example. He also traded out of the first the year we took Darrent Williams. I know we here at the mane don't like facts to get in the way of our arguments.
Are you a dumbass or just play one on this website?

Mike Shanahan is NO LONGER THE COACH of THE DRNVER BRONCOS. What ever decision the front office comes to you cannot look at trends of our PREVIOUS head coach.

Jesus

Atwater His Ass
04-18-2009, 06:35 AM

So just for the record, you think trading a 25 year old pro bowl QB for a bunch of picks is worth then taking the risk to trade them all for some unproven rookie QB? I got that right?

Atwater His Ass
04-18-2009, 06:36 AM
Are you a dumbass or just play one on this website?

Mike Shanahan is NO LONGER THE COACH of THE DRNVER BRONCOS. What ever decision the front office comes to you cannot look at trends of our PREVIOUS head coach.

Jesus

Way to miss the point and take the post out of context, dumbass.

barryr
04-18-2009, 11:21 AM
For one thing, I'd be surprised to see the Broncos trade up with the Chiefs no less.

Another, if the Broncos made such a move, it's not to get a QB. People keep assuming McDaniels isn't happy with Orton already and wants a QB that desperately. No, maybe, just maybe, he wants help on defense considering they haven't stopped anybody in 3 years.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-18-2009, 11:26 AM
For one thing, I'd be surprised to see the Broncos trade up with the Chiefs no less.

Another, if the Broncos made such a move, it's not to get a QB. People keep assuming McDaniels isn't happy with Orton already and wants a QB that desperately. No, maybe, just maybe, he wants help on defense considering they haven't stopped anybody in 3 years.

Agreed...i just wont get it if they draft offense in the first round. Whats the definition of insanity again? Continuously trying somethng that's not working?

SureShot
04-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Maybe Pioli is using the Jedi Mind Trick on Joshua.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2009, 03:37 PM
There's no way McDaniels is this arrogant/dumb.

Be careful, Taco. Don't put anything past that scumbag. Anything.

Bronx33
04-18-2009, 04:28 PM

Dude? so iam guessing josh isn't getting christmas card from you this year? why the hate?

Tombstone RJ
04-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Maybe Pioli is using the Jedi Mind Trick on Joshua.

Love your Sal Anesi avatar...

BroncoDoug
04-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Agreed...i just wont get it if they draft offense in the first round. Whats the definition of insanity again? Continuously trying somethng that's not working?

Close, its continuously doing the same thing, expecting different results...

Which is something I think this franchise has been doing for a few years now..

Bob's your Information Minister
04-18-2009, 06:31 PM

LOL

SoCal's abhorrence for McDaniels is the best thing to come out of this offseason. Even better than you guys trading Cutler. Because SoCal would have hated McDaniels even if he hadn't traded Cutler.

I have a feel SoCal will ****ing destroy McDaniels is any situation that does not eventually lead to a Super Bowl. Because we all know Shanny could have won another playoff game or two down the line. The only situation in which SoCal accepts and forgives McDaniels is a Super Bowl.

And I don't even want to think about the posts that might result from a ****ty draft or two.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2009, 07:11 PM
The only situation in which SoCal accepts and forgives McDaniels is a Super Bowl.

I will have no problem giving McDaniels all the credit in the world should he win a Super Bowl on the backs of players that he brought here. Now, on the other hand, if he merely benefits from the natural progression of the young studs on the OL (and Marshall, Hillis, Scheff)...well that's another story altogether. :)

theAPAOps5
04-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Somehow I knew you would go with the lame on the backs of the stud offense players drafted by Shanahan. Unfortunately there is one stud defensive player in Bailey. So if he gets to the SB its because he fixed the D. It has nothing to do with the offense players. Shanny wasn't going to fix his crap defense its why he is gone.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Somehow I knew you would go with the lame on the backs of the stud offense players drafted by Shanahan. Unfortunately there is one stud defensive player in Bailey. So if he gets to the SB its because he fixed the D. It has nothing to do with the offense players. Shanny wasn't going to fix his crap defense its why he is gone.

I suspect there are a number of reasons he is gone, although that is one of them.

theAPAOps5
04-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Yes I agree there are a number of reasons. But the biggest and most important was his ineptitude on the defensive side of the ball.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-18-2009, 07:18 PM
I have a feel SoCal will ****ing destroy McDaniels is any situation that does not eventually lead to a Super Bowl.

Uh oh, someone is going to get destroyed on the Internetz. If only that had an effect on real life.

theAPAOps5
04-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Uh oh, someone is going to get destroyed on the Internetz. If only that had an effect on real life.

Whats funny is he attacks SoCal and while he is supposedly a journalist he can't write to save his life. Read the post again, my 10 month old has a better grasp of grammar.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2009, 07:22 PM
Whats funny is he attacks SoCal and while he is supposedly a journalist he can't write to save his life. Read the post again, my 10 month old has a better grasp of grammar.

I don't think Bob was attacking me. In any case, Bob is actually a pretty decent writer, IMO.

theAPAOps5
04-18-2009, 07:27 PM
He has the journalistic integrity of a writer for The Onion, IMO. But I have only read his crap a few times. So maybe it got a little better, but I doubt it.

04-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Why would I care what you think, anyway?

Florida_Bronco
04-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Bob is actually a pretty decent writer, IMO.

Compared to who? A newbie on the junior high school newspaper staff?

barryr
04-18-2009, 07:58 PM
He has the journalistic integrity of a writer for The Onion, IMO. But I have only read his crap a few times. So maybe it got a little better, but I doubt it.

He touted Thigpen as being just as good a QB as Cutler last year and pointing out Cutler's picks with glee. Then when the Broncos trade Cutler, he's now a "franchise QB." That's what intellectual dishonesty is all about and why it's a waste of time conversing with someone who takes such a tact. Like a Chief fan knows what a good team would be anyway.

04-18-2009, 08:02 PM
He touted Thigpen as being just as good a QB as Cutler last year and pointing out Cutler's picks with glee. Then when the Broncos trade Cutler, he's now a "franchise QB." That's what intellectual dishonesty is all about and why it's a waste of time conversing with someone who takes such a tact. Like a Chief fan knows what a good team would be anyway.

ROFL!

Some of you folks are really dense mother****ers. I hated Thigpen from the beginning. Any posts I made elevating him above Cutler were made in jest and jest only.

I've liked Cutler from the beginning. Ask SoCalBronco. I think he's studly greatness. Cutler, not SoCal. Though SoCal is mildly studly.

OABB
04-18-2009, 08:11 PM
ROFL!

Some of you folks are really dense mother****ers. I hated Thigpen from the beginning. Any posts I made elevating him above Cutler were made in jest and jest only.

I've liked Cutler from the beginning. Ask SoCalBronco. I think he's studly greatness. Cutler, not SoCal. Though SoCal is mildly studly.

I back Bob up on this...

now, someone ask him about Croyle....

04-18-2009, 08:15 PM
I back Bob up on this...

now, someone ask him about Croyle....

I liked Croyle from the beginning. I still think he can play. It's obvious he can't stay healthy, though.

BMarsh615
04-18-2009, 08:18 PM

Who in the hell would Denver want to draft at number 3???

04-18-2009, 08:21 PM

Sanchez

Denver724

Sanchez. I hope McDaniel's doesn't have a man crush on him.

cutthemdown

If they really wanted Sanchez, and they thought Jags at #7 might take him, then trying to get over the 7 hole would be the goal.

I'm not saying thats whats going on, only that a QB is all I would think would be a target.

Punisher
04-18-2009, 08:23 PM

Maybe Curry but come on this trade isn't happening we need to Bulk up or D-Line the 18-12 pick will be perfect not the 3rd; Mark S. will be there as well

Hercules Rockefeller
04-18-2009, 08:34 PM
If they really wanted Sanchez, and they thought Jags at #7 might take him, then trying to get over the 7 hole would be the goal.

I'm not saying thats whats going on, only that a QB is all I would think would be a target.

The Jags are at 8, the Raiders are at 7

Kaylore
04-18-2009, 08:41 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that not a single other news or rumor site is giving the ass clown even a nod on this. I haven't heard anything from anyone validating one iota of this joke of a rumor.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-18-2009, 08:50 PM
The best part of the "rumor" is that he think it's both 1sts this year and next year's 1st too. Yep, Denver is going to give up more than they got for Cutler for a QB who has yet to take professional snap yet.

SureShot
04-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Love your Sal Anesi avatar...

Thanks its the 20th anniversary of his death and I wanted CU to win a Championship for him in '89 bad.

Florida_Bronco
04-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Does anyone else find it funny that not a single other news or rumor site is giving the ass clown even a nod on this. I haven't heard anything from anyone validating one iota of this joke of a rumor.

Funny? Yes.

Surprising? Not in the least.

04-18-2009, 11:45 PM

No. It's been insider information on our site for almost two weeks now. This podcast just went public three days ago. It's not exactly a high-traffic podcast.

I'd imagine you won't hear anything from anyone else about a deal between the Chiefs and Donks until it actually goes down on draft day.

Dudeskey
04-18-2009, 11:49 PM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/807/meter5bs9ou.gif

footstepsfrom#27
04-19-2009, 12:57 AM
He touted Thigpen as being just as good a QB as Cutler last year and pointing out Cutler's picks with glee. Then when the Broncos trade Cutler, he's now a "franchise QB." That's what intellectual dishonesty is all about and why it's a waste of time conversing with someone who takes such a tact.
So in other words he's just like you and your ilk except in deference to red rather than orange.

Nice call. :thumbs:

OABB
04-19-2009, 09:39 AM
No. It's been insider information on our site for almost two weeks now. This podcast just went public three days ago. It's not exactly a high-traffic podcast.

I'd imagine you won't hear anything from anyone else about a deal between the Chiefs and Donks until it actually goes down on draft day.

so...Is the deal done?

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2009, 10:13 AM

2 weeks? Now we know this is a bull**** rumor if you think Nick Athan is going to have info like that and no one else is going to get wind of it for a couple weeks.

theAPAOps5
04-19-2009, 10:28 AM

Insider information as made up like the last insider information? Hilarious!

cutthemdown
04-19-2009, 10:35 AM
The Jags are at 8, the Raiders are at 7

oops sorry

Kaylore
04-19-2009, 12:12 PM
Insider information as made up like the last insider information? Hilarious!

So Boob has just assured us this is going down on draft day. We're going to give more away for Sanchez than we got for Cutler because Boob and the erroneous one told us so two weeks ago in their super-secret podcast!. ROFL!

NFLBRONCO
04-19-2009, 01:00 PM
So Boob has just assured us this is going down on draft day. We're going to give more away for Sanchez than we got for Cutler because Boob and the erroneous one told us so two weeks ago in their super-secret podcast!. ROFL!

Is Bob John Clayton

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Bob, I'm going to ask you something. I need to have your full attention. It is extremely urgent that you pay close attention to what I'm going to ask.

Is the deal done, Bob?

04-19-2009, 02:52 PM
So Boob has just assured us this is going down on draft day.

No, I haven't.

All we know according to the report is that a deal is on the table. A better deal might come along.

Man-Goblin
04-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Why can't you guys get this through your thick skulls?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/justusj/donedeallogo.jpg

TheDave
04-19-2009, 02:55 PM
No, I haven't.

All we know according to the report is that a deal is on the table. A better deal might come along.

A better deal than 3 #1's for the third pick in an extremely weak top 10?

You're an idiot.

04-19-2009, 03:10 PM
According to the report it's just the #12 and #18. And the Chiefs lose value on that trade so the Donks will have to do better...

24champ
04-19-2009, 03:12 PM
No, I haven't.

So when the Chiefs pick at #3 then we will know you are FOS, as usual.

Tom A Hawk
04-19-2009, 03:24 PM
Is Athan really that stupid? probable not. Are the readers of his site and chefs fans in general that stupid to believe this? Most certainly yes.

wrong...there are more fans that think Athan is a moron than those who don't. There are more Chiefs fans that think he is a full of crap as are Bronco fans.

SureShot
04-19-2009, 03:44 PM
So whats the deal?

footstepsfrom#27
04-19-2009, 03:51 PM
There's no player in this draft worth the same as we got for Cutler minus a 3rd.

04-19-2009, 03:59 PM
So when the Chiefs pick at #3 then we will know you are FOS, as usual.

If we pick anyone at #3, it will be Sanchez, who will then be traded.

No one else there has value for the Chiefs.

Inkana7
04-19-2009, 04:18 PM

And you will be ****ed, since no team would trade for Sanchez if he's selected at #3.

04-19-2009, 04:23 PM
no team would trade for Sanchez if he's selected at #3.

Yes, quarterbacks taken that high have never been traded before. :oyvey:

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2009, 04:24 PM
According to the report it's just the #12 and #18. And the Chiefs lose value on that trade so the Donks will have to do better...

Yeah, the Chiefs are going to turn down 2 1sts in a draft where no one is worth the 3rd overall because there isn't equal value according to the draft pick value chart.

OABB
04-19-2009, 04:26 PM
travis schomockery or what ever the hell it is called...

Kaylore
04-19-2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah, the Chiefs are going to turn down 2 1sts in a draft where no one is worth the 3rd overall because there isn't equal value according to the draft pick value chart.

I love how "the report" changed to lower the compensation. This is just more of the erroneous one trying to cover his tracks for all the crap he throws on the wall and gets blown back in his face a week later when it's revealed it was all crap in the first place.

04-19-2009, 04:37 PM

Actually four players are worth the third overall. I'll let you figure it out. None of them do much for the Chiefs, though.

Bronx33
04-19-2009, 05:01 PM
So bobs yearly epic prediction is underway i see these always end bad for poor old bob would should change his name to timex.

04-19-2009, 05:12 PM
I'm not predicting anything.

I doubt very seriously we draft anyone besides Sanchez at #3, though.

If you were looking for a prediction, well, I'll say the Broncos will miss the playoffs for the FOURTH STRAIGHT YEAR. But that's not really going out on a limb, is it?

SoCalBronco
04-19-2009, 05:19 PM
If you were looking for a prediction, well, I'll say the Broncos will miss the playoffs for the FOURTH STRAIGHT YEAR.

Bob predicts that swimming pool usage will increase during the hottest weeks of the summer.

Florida_Bronco
04-19-2009, 05:33 PM
Bob predicts that swimming pool usage will increase during the hottest weeks of the summer.

Bobo predicts he'll never get laid.

OABB
04-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Bob predicts that his Darkon L.A.R.P.ING clan will over throw the Night Elves, using only his lightning bolt gamma and intimidating shout.

24champ
04-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Bobo predicts he'll never get laid.

Bobo predicts he will eat a family sized bag of Cheetos in under 10 minutes.

KCStud
04-19-2009, 07:00 PM

Eugene Monroe would be a great pick of excellent value for the Chiefs. Proven player with no tons of experience and would allow Albert to excel at RT or G. Also would be a great pick because Virginia coach Al Groh worked with Pioli and Haley and the chemistry is there between the 2 former standouts at Virginia.
And I bet Pioli wants to protect his $15 million QB with a better OT than Damion McIntrash.

04-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Eugene Monroe would be a great pick of excellent value for the Chiefs.

Only if you're a retard.

TheDave
04-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Only if you're a retard.

Actually it would be a very smart pick... Move last years pick over to the right side and substantially improve your Offensive line for years to come. Building from the trenches out is what Pioli has done for for years.

Dexter
04-19-2009, 07:43 PM

And why would we want to spend top 5 money on one player? This trade wont happen, and if it does you aren't getting more than our first two round picks. A first round pick next year on top of both this year trading up to the #3 spot is a laughable trade.

The fact that Nick Athan really thinks this could happen just goes to show how little he knows about the draft.

04-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Actually it would be a very smart pick... Move last years pick over to the right side and substantially improve your Offensive line for years to come. Building from the trenches out is what Pioli has done for for years.

Dude, spending that many resources on offensive tackle is just retarded. There's no need. Where do you think the Colts found Ryan Diem? Where do you think last year's Super Bowl champion found their right tackle?

Besides, think long term. Albert is going to want left tackle money even if he's moved to another position. You really want to be paying $100 million in contracts to TWO offensive tackles? **** no.

It's just a terrible, terrible idea.

04-19-2009, 07:58 PM
And why would we want to spend top 5 money on one player?

YOU NEED A FARKING QUARTERBACK. HELLO?

Some of you people...sheesh...

TheDave
04-19-2009, 08:06 PM
Dude, spending that many resources on offensive tackle is just retarded. There's no need. Where do you think the Colts found Ryan Diem? Where do you think last year's Super Bowl champion found their right tackle?

Besides, think long term. Albert is going to want left tackle money even if he's moved to another position. You really want to be paying $100 million in contracts to TWO offensive tackles? **** no.

It's just a terrible, terrible idea.

Giving me examples of where other teams "found" their players means nothing. Every position in the nfl is made up of players from every round in the draft. When your team is ****ty enough to earn the #3 pick you get the best talent available at that position especially in a draft with this poor of a top 10. Assuming that Stafford goes #1, then either Smith or monroe is easily the highest value on the board. Add to that 1st round OT's has the lowest bust rate of any position and there is little downside to the pick.

I know it's been a LONG time since your team was any good but football is won and lost in the trenches and an offensive line that includes Monroe on the left and Albert on the right is a significant improvement from where you currentely are.

And don't worry about Albert contract demands... he's got 5 more years before he has a chance at FA.

04-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Giving me examples of where other teams "found" their players means nothing.

Why?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Smart general managers can find right tackles anywhere. They don't need to reach desperately for one at #3 overall.

Hell, the Broncos didn't.

We can get a lot more value out of that pick by trading it...and picking up a right tackle on the cheap a couple of rounds later. Or hell, who knows, he might already be on our roster. It's not like Herm and Carl knew offensive line talent.

TheDave
04-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Why?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Smart general managers can find right tackles anywhere. They don't need to reach desperately for one at #3 overall.

Hell, the Broncos didn't.

We can get a lot more value out of that pick by trading it...and picking up a right tackle on the cheap a couple of rounds later. Or hell, who knows, he might already be on our roster. It's not like Herm and Carl knew offensive line talent.

I hate to break this to you but EVERYONE is trying to trade out of the top 10 this year... I highly doubt you will find any takers.

You should probably get use to the fact that you will be picking @ #3 and either Curry or Smith/Monroe will be a Chef.

04-19-2009, 08:24 PM
I hate to break this to you but EVERYONE is trying to trade out of the top 10 this year... I highly doubt you will find any takers.

Dude, there is a LONG LIST of teams that want Sanchez.

The Chiefs are going to be in the driver's seat. There will be multiple bidders.

Just sit back and watch Pioli play them all against each other.

TheDave
04-19-2009, 08:26 PM
Dude, there is a LONG LIST of teams that want Sanchez.

The Chiefs are going to be in the driver's seat. There will be multiple bidders.

Just sit back and watch Pioli play them all against each other.

It is hilarious watching you create these fantasies... no one is pissing away 30 million guaranteed and a handful of valuable draft picks on a QB that has only played 16 games.

04-19-2009, 08:34 PM
It is hilarious watching you create these fantasies... no one is pissing away 30 million guaranteed and a handful of valuable draft picks on a QB that has only played 16 games.

That explains all the teams that are gung ho for him.

Hell, you make it sound like Sanchez is going in the bottom half of the first round! He won't make it out of the top 10. Maybe the top 5.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2009, 08:35 PM
A long list?

Seattle and Cleveland who are begging for someone to jump them so someone else can slip to their picks?

The Jets all the way from #17 to #3? In your dreams.

The Bucs? See the Jets.

You've got the Skins and a prayer that they think they have to get to #3 to get Sanchez. The Chiefs have leverage if people believe the Seahawks actually want Sanchez and it's not a smokescreen.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Hell, you make it sound like Sanchez is going in the bottom half of the first round! He won't make it out of the top 10. Maybe the top 5.

If he's a Top 10 pick, then no one has an incentive to move up to #3 if they can wait until he slides to 4-7 to make a move for him.

TheDave
04-19-2009, 08:38 PM
That explains all the teams that are gung ho for him.

What are you talking about? According to you there is a waiting list of people willing to sell their entire draft for the privilege of picking him @ #3. What all this talk of him going top 10?

SureShot
04-19-2009, 08:39 PM
a QB that has only played 16 games.

Sounds like ex-XFL MVP Tommy Maddox and he was a reach at 25.

TheDave
04-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Sounds like ex-XFL MVP Tommy Maddox and he was a reach at 25.

Exactly, the only reason Sanchez is being talked about as a top 10 pick is because this draft is SO light in blue chip talent.

04-19-2009, 08:41 PM
What are you talking about? According to you there is a waiting list of people willing to sell their entire draft for the privilege of picking him @ #3. What all this talk of him going top 10?

Dude, the Seahawks want him at #4. There is talk of the Broncos, the Bucs, a handful of other teams trading up for him.

04-19-2009, 08:42 PM
If he's a Top 10 pick, then no one has an incentive to move up to #3.

ROFL!

That's why the Chiefs take him. Hello?

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Dude, the Seahawks want him at #4. There is talk of the Broncos, the Bucs, a handful of other teams trading up for him.

The Bucs don't have the ammo to move up from #19 all the way to #3 when they don't have a 2nd round pick this year.

Try again. The Bucs get in the game if he's slip to Jacksonville at #8.

TheDave
04-19-2009, 08:45 PM

It's talk you pathetic noob... this time of year is nothing more than talk.

You better get use to Curry or Monroe.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2009, 08:46 PM
ROFL!

You're not in the Elway/Eli Manning situation. The Chiefs already traded for Cassel. They can take him at #3, but teams aren't going to turn around and give #3 value in return because they know the Chiefs can't sit on him unless they want to use their 1st and 2nds on two different QBs this offseason.

TheDave
04-19-2009, 08:51 PM
You're not in the Elway/Eli Manning situation. The Chiefs already traded for Cassel. They can take him at #3, but teams aren't going to turn around and give #3 value in return because they know the Chiefs can't sit on him unless they want to use their 1st and 2nds on two different QBs this offseason.

If Boobs fantasy came true the Chefs would be sitting on a near $40 mil powder keg at the QB position... and EVERY potential trade partner would know that.

04-19-2009, 09:14 PM
The Chiefs can afford it.

Besides, when you have what someone else wants it's rather irrelevant.

theAPAOps5
04-19-2009, 09:16 PM

What will your fat ass say if or when Orton out performs Cassell? I am sure you will try to kiss our asses like you do when you are wrong. You bagged on Shanny but the minute your boy toy said it was going to happen you were all for him.

04-19-2009, 09:17 PM
What will your fat ass say if or when Orton out performs Cassell?

Has it really come to this?

Sad.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2009, 09:19 PM
The Chiefs can afford it.

Besides, when you have what someone else wants it's rather irrelevant.

Ummm, if this LONG LIST of teams weren't willing to give up what the Chiefs wanted to move to #3 in the first place, what makes you think they'll up their offer simply because the Chiefs take him? They'll still offer the same thing, maybe even less since the Chiefs took a player and immediately began attempting to trade him.

You're not thinking this through.

04-19-2009, 09:20 PM
It's highly unlikely these teams are going to just fritter Sanchez away. Come on. Have you SEEN the quarterback class next year?

Sanchez is going to be HOT ****.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2009, 09:25 PM
It's highly unlikely these teams are going to just fritter Sanchez away. Come on. Have you SEEN the quarterback class next year?

Sanchez is going to be HOT ****.

You realize one of the primary reasons Sanchez came out this year was because there was a very good chance he would not be the #2 QB next year and not in position to get $30M upfront like he could possibly get this year? You realize his own coach couldn't believe he was going pro this year? You realize that Bradford probably would have gone 1st overall if he declared this year, and he'll be around next year? Add in Snead and an underclassman or two that will always emerge, and Sanchez doesn't look like a Top 5 pick next year.

04-19-2009, 09:27 PM
You realize that Bradford probably would have gone 1st overall if he declared this year,

LOL

Are people still talking about Sam Bradford?

Stafford and Sanchez are both better prospects.

ESPECIALLY Stafford.

Man-Goblin
04-19-2009, 09:27 PM
ROFL!

Teams know the Chiefs already supposedly have their franchise quarterback. Do you honestly think his value is going to increase, or even stay the same, after they take him at #3? I just can't think of an example of that happening; please help me out.

It reeks of buying a car and thinking it's not going to depreciate as soon as you drive it off the lot, then trying to flip it to a dealership down the street for a profit.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2009, 09:30 PM
LOL

ESPECIALLY Stafford.

Yep, they're such better prospects that both waited for Bradford's decision before they declared for the draft.

Try again.

SureShot
04-19-2009, 09:31 PM
LOL

ESPECIALLY Stafford.

Well you do know your quarterbacks. :spit:

04-19-2009, 09:37 PM
If Bradford was a better prospect he would have come out.

Next year he's the top QB prospect because...well, who the **** else is going to be the top QB prospect?

Hercules Rockefeller
04-19-2009, 09:44 PM
He would have been the top QB this year, just like Leinart would have gone 1st if he came out in '05, just like Manning would have been the top QB if he came out in '97. Guys stay in school all the time.

BMarsh615
04-19-2009, 09:45 PM

Yeah but we aren't going to give up 2 first round draft picks for a Jr. QB with only 16 games under his belt.

At 12 if the choices came down to BJ Raji or Sanchez I would pick Raji. If it was between Tyson Jackson and Sanchez I would pick Tyson Jackson.

This QB class sucks and I hope Stafford and Sanchez are both gone before we pick.

KCStud
04-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Only if you're a retard.

Bob, let me break this down for you in sentences.

-Every year most teams select either a QB, somebody to protect your QB, or somebody to sack the opposing QB with a top 5 pick. That is the most value.

-Albert is a good LT, but we need more talent on the OL, especially with Waters wanting out and Albert being flexible. Our OL got 2 QB's injured last season.

-If KC can't trade the #3 pick, than LT is the only other option. Aaron Curry is NOT worthy of a top 5 pick for our team. He is NOT a proven OLB which is what KC needs.

-It's common sense that Pioli wants to protect his shiny new QB. Having book end OT's for the next decade is a huge help, especially considering KC will be playing against the likes of Trent Cole, Terrell Suggs and Demarcus Ware in just the first month of the season.

Florida_Bronco
04-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Wow, Bobo is getting owned even worse than normal in this thread.

04-19-2009, 10:32 PM
-It's common sense that Pioli wants to protect his shiny new QB. Having book end OT's for the next decade is a huge help

How many times do I have to tell you?

You can HAVE bookend OTs for the next decade WITHOUT spending two first-round picks. There are dozens of examples of this.

Do you think Pioli is SO DESPERATE for a right tackle he'll spend THE NUMBER THREE FREAKING PICK on another tackle?

footstepsfrom#27
04-19-2009, 10:37 PM
If Bradford was a better prospect he would have come out.

Next year he's the top QB prospect because...well, who the **** else is going to be the top QB prospect?
A redshirt sophmore has no reason to come out and good ones to stay put.

Dexter
04-19-2009, 10:43 PM

Ever heard of Kyle Orton? Trading both our first rounders and a first rounder next year doesn't make sense at all. We traded Cutler to the Bears for a reason. Orton was the key in us dealing with Chicago, without him we probably would have dealt him to the Redskins who have a higher draft choice. We might still trade up for Sanchez, but I doubt it'll be the #3 spot. If it is the #3 spot, it won't be both firsts this year and a first next. That trade is just laughable.

There is no way we'd trade up for an unproven player no matter the position, pay him top 5 money and spend more than a 1st rounder doing so.

If McDaniels traded #12, #18, plus one of our firsts next year for an unproven QB I don't think he deserves a job.

Besides, we were offered the #1 overall for Cutler. The difference in money from #1 to #3 isn't that large of a gap. If we wanted to be in the top 5 we would be already.

Get real Boob. Nick Athan's prediction, just like his Shanahan one is a joke.

TDmvp
04-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Wow, Bobo is getting owned even worse than normal in this thread.

3 things Bob knows ...

1 ... Getting owned
2 ... Cooking low fat , yet tasty meals
3 ... Surprise Buttsecks

Dexter
04-19-2009, 10:50 PM

You can HAVE bookend OTs for the next decade WITHOUT spending two first-round picks. There are dozens of examples of this.

Do you think Pioli is SO DESPERATE for a right tackle he'll spend THE NUMBER THREE FREAKING PICK on another tackle?

Eugene Monroe OR Jason Smith have better upside at left tackle than Brandon Albert does. If I remember correctly monroe is the player that kept Brandon Albert at guard. That says a lot. Why wouldn't someone want those two bad asses on the same offensive line anyway?

04-19-2009, 11:02 PM
Eugene Monroe OR Jason Smith have better upside at left tackle than Brandon Albert does.

Albert is a franchise left tackle.

There's zero reason to move him.

And not everyone agrees with your assessment.

Killericon
04-19-2009, 11:10 PM

Ryan Harris and Ryan Clady being one of them.

400HZ
04-20-2009, 05:16 AM

Bob's posts always remind me of Dog the Bounty Hunter for some reason. I think because the unintentional comedy factor is so high. Or maybe just the trailers and mullets. Or perhaps because they always find the perpetrator at their mother's house.

theAPAOps5
04-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Has it really come to this?

Sad.

Nah just force of habit with the fat ass. It will take time to get used to referring to you as slightly obese! :)

Kaylore
04-20-2009, 08:37 AM
I will say this. Bob has convinced me that the Chiefs picking at three is actually a bad thing. And if they're stupid enough to not take Curry then I will be a happy man. How awesome is it that Herm and king Carl destroyed them and they tumbled their way to third spot only to inherit a really crappy draft class at the top?:rofl:

Tombstone RJ
04-20-2009, 08:41 AM
If the chefs don't take Curry at 3 it's a travishamockery.

04-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Sanchez is HOT ****.

"I like the angle,'' former USC quarterback Mark Sanchez said to me a little after 11 Eastern Sunday night. "I hope it still looks good Saturday. I hope it doesn't blow up on you.''

Draft angles always blow up, and no one sells insurance for my Draft Week 2009 plotline. But here goes: The three most influential men atop the 2009 Draft are Scott Pioli, Dan Snyder and Sanchez. Briefly, why:

Pioli, the rookie Kansas City general manager, has the distinction in this decade of being part of the tradingest draft-day team in the league. Between 2000 and 2008, the Patriots draft room, run by coach Bill Belichick and Pioli, made 28 draft-weekend trades. The Pats traded up 12 times, but more significantly, they traded down 16 times.

In the last 10 days, I've spent hours (only my cell phone company knows how many for sure) foraging for crumbs for my Sports Illustrated mock, in your mailboxes Wednesday and Thursday. And the one thing I've heard on most calls is, "Well, you know Pioli wants to get out of his pick. He wants to trade down.''

It's true. He does want out. There's not a player Kansas City believes is worth third-pick-in-the-first-round money. Do you remember what the third pick got last year? Matt Ryan, the Atlanta quarterback, signed a six-year, $72 million deal, with $34.8 million guaranteed. Pioli can argue until he's Chiefs-crimson in the face, but his pick at three is going to fetch the player $11 million a year, minimum, regardless of position. Pioli's not picking a quarterback, so there's no chance a player at three will be worth that money. My feeling is Pioli woke up this morning with an itchy trigger finger.

Snyder, the Washington owner, has one pick in the top 75, the 13th overall. He was willing to trade that pick plus next year's first-round pick and something else to get Jay Cutler from Denver to replace Jason Campbell at quarterback. That failed, but I'm told Snyder is beyond smitten with Sanchez and will likely pursue him this week. How can he do that? He's going to have to part with either his next two first-round picks, or a slew of picks, including this year's one.

I spoke to someone close to Snyder over the weekend, and this person said Snyder is not going to allow next year's first-rounder to be put in a trade. Maybe. Maybe not. This person also said he thought it was highly unlikely the Redskins could muster up the ammo to go get Sanchez. If Snyder wants to get up to number three to assure himself the shot at Sanchez, he's going to have to bend and give up the to pick in 2010.

One other thing: At the Scouting Combine, Snyder had the not-so-secret dinner with the agent for Albert Haynesworth, Chad Speck? A week later, the Redskins went on to sign Haynesworth, their number one target on the free market, five hours into free-agency.

Last Friday, the last night teams could host, wine and dine players from out of town in their home market, Snyder and vice president Vinny Cerrato took Sanchez out to dinner at an Italian place in downtown D.C. after Sanchez had spent the day with Washington coaches and personnel people. Big deal? Maybe. Maybe not.

Sanchez, the in-demand quarterback, has visited nine teams between one (Detroit) and 19 (Tampa Bay) in the first round. The excitement level on him around the league is ratcheting up. I bet 40 percent of the teams like him better than they do Matthew Stafford, though Stafford's significantly more experienced. As one coach in the top 15 told me Sunday morning: "Sanchez really is an interesting prospect. There's so much he does that's instinctive, and he can make all the throws, even though he doesn't have the arm strength of Stafford. He sort of oozes confidence.''

04-20-2009, 08:46 AM
And if they're stupid enough to not take Curry then I will be a happy man.

Why take Curry #3?

400HZ
04-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Sanchez is HOT ****.

Sanchez is a better prospect that he gets credit for by some, but he is absolutely not top 3 material. The fact that a few NFL GM's are wagging their tongues about him a week before the draft means nothing. It means less than nothing. It probably means that KC or Seattle are trying to drum up hype for him so they can get the hell out of their crappy draft slot.

footstepsfrom#27
04-20-2009, 10:06 AM
The Chiefs need an OT to protect Cassel. Anything else would be stupidity.

Florida_Bronco
04-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Ryan Harris and Ryan Clady being one of them.

Clady was a 1st round pick, and Harris was a 1st round prospect that fell because of injury concerns. Just saying.

400HZ
04-20-2009, 10:56 AM
The Chiefs need an OT to protect Cassel. Anything else would be stupidity.

How would it be stupid to try and address their ten-sack defense when they already have a perfectly fine left tackle?

400HZ
04-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Clady was a 1st round pick, and Harris was a 1st round prospect that fell because of injury concerns. Just saying.

Harris never had the measurables to be a 1st round pick.

Florida_Bronco
04-20-2009, 10:59 AM

Sure he did.

Inkana7
04-20-2009, 11:34 AM

Yes he did. Some had him an early 1st rounder going into his Senior season. Then he hurt his back and his play dropped off.

Florida_Bronco
04-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Yes he did. Some had him an early 1st rounder going into his Senior season. Then he hurt his back and his play dropped off.

Exactly.

azbroncfan
04-20-2009, 12:47 PM

What chart are you using fat boy? Your probably using the Jimmy J chart that doesn't work anymore since it doesn't factor in the huge contract at #3. KC would jump all over that deal. Keep writing garbage.

400HZ
04-20-2009, 12:58 PM

He was tagged as a good fit in a zone blocking defense because of his athleticism, but he didn't have the size, power, or monkey arms that teams want in their first rounders.

Using a high pick on a right tackle is a luxury. Mid round guys like Harris and even late round guys do just fine. I would take Everette Brown if I was the Chiefs.

04-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Using a high pick on a right tackle is a luxury. Mid round guys like Harris and even late round guys do just fine. I would take Everette Brown if I was the Chiefs.

FINALLY someone who gets it.

If the Chiefs were 12-4 last season and the weakest position on the team was right tackle BY ALL MEANS, take Monroe.

But they weren't. So don't.

azbroncfan
04-20-2009, 04:56 PM
He was tagged as a good fit in a zone blocking defense because of his athleticism, but he didn't have the size, power, or monkey arms that teams want in their first rounders.

Taking a LB that can't rush the passer or is unproven like Curry in the top 5 isn't smart either.

KCStud
04-20-2009, 08:07 PM
FINALLY someone who gets it.

If the Chiefs were 12-4 last season and the weakest position on the team was right tackle BY ALL MEANS, take Monroe.

But they weren't. So don't.

This is the case for every position. You can get a pass rusher later in the draft (Jared Allen), you can get a QB later in the draft (Jake Delhomme and Tom Brady), you can get an OG later in the draft(Will Shields and Carl Nicks), you can get a CB later in the draft (Brandon Carr).

IF KC is stuck at the 3 spot, than they would be smart to take Smith or Monroe. You don't take unknowns in the top 5 of the draft. Monroe is a sure thing and Smith is the next closest thing for KC. The only player who I would like to see KC get at 3 that is proven at a position of need for us is Tyson Jackson.

IF and I say IF KC does trade back, than I have no problem with them taking Brown or any other OLB prospect, but in this years draft you can get a valuable 3-4 OLB in round 2 or 3, so why use it in round 1?

04-20-2009, 09:55 PM
This is the case for every position. You can get a pass rusher later in the draft (Jared Allen), you can get a QB later in the draft (Jake Delhomme and Tom Brady), you can get an OG later in the draft(Will Shields and Carl Nicks), you can get a CB later in the draft (Brandon Carr).

No, it's not, actually.

Pass rushers ALWAYS come at a higher premium than right tackles. It's not even close. If there is a stud pass rusher at #3 you TAKE HIM NO QUESTION.

The only player who I would like to see KC get at 3 that is proven at a position of need for us is Tyson Jackson.

Yes, there is a LONG history of 3-4 DEs going at #3. ROFL!

SoCalBronco
04-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Bob is right, Sheepstud. It would be beyond stupid for the Chiefs to take a RT at 3. You never want to overinvest in a position. You just used a 1st on a good LT last season and he did well at the position despite all of our jokes that he was simply a "fine guard". Obviously, the Chiefs have problems on the right side that they need to correct, but like the Broncos, the Chiefs have a number of pressing needs. The ideal choice would be for the Chiefs to trade down and amass more picks. But obviously, everyone wants to do that, especially in this draft, so that will be difficult.

Even if you kept the pick, RT would not be a wise move that high for a number of reasons, even apart from the oversaturation of resources at one spot rationale. First, RT is simply not as important as LT and as such this is way too high for RT. Second, and probably more importantly, one of the few areas that this draft is solid in (from a depth perspective) is OT in general. It would thus follow that you would preserve the higher choice for an area of just as great a need or greater (ie pass rusher or front seven defender in general) in a position that is not as deep, as you could afford to adequately address OT later.

The Chiefs could feel confident that they could get Phil Loadholt, for example, in the 2nd round. And he is an absolutely ideal RT. He's a road grader, a mauler. He's definitely a talent. Obviously, he has problems in pass protection, but the emphasis at RT, since it is on the strongside, is in the run game. One can always assist him with RB chips and also keeping in the TE. It's also reasonably possible that you could get Eben Britton there as well.

04-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Bob is right, Sheepstud.

I think we're done here.

OABB
04-21-2009, 07:50 AM
I think we're done here.

are we done like finished?

or done like "The deal is done!"

04-24-2009, 06:53 PM
Hmmmmm.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12214434

The Broncos have engaged in discussions regarding a draft trade for USC quarterback Mark Sanchez, according to an NFL source.

In possession of the No. 12 and No. 18 overall picks in the NFL draft, which begins Saturday, the Broncos understand they may have to move up to snag Sanchez, who is drawing interest from several teams. One possible trade partner is the Jacksonville Jaguars, who want to drop down from No. 8 overall.

The problem for the Broncos is teams picking higher than Jacksonville are considering drafting Sanchez with the idea of flipping him in trade. The higher Sanchez is selected, the more lucrative his contract and the less likely the Broncos could afford him.

scorpio
04-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Hmmmmm.

Late to the party, Meatpeeker.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79979

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79972

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=79983

Hercules Rockefeller
04-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Hmmmmm.

And you're still too dumb to realize that if the Chiefs take him at #3, it does not automatically give Sanchez the same value as the 3rd overall. If they weren't willing to go that high when the Chiefs were on the clock, what makes you think they'll give up more once the Chiefs take him?

Florida_Bronco
04-24-2009, 09:10 PM
And you're still too dumb to realize that if the Chiefs take him at #3, it does not automatically give Sanchez the same value as the 3rd overall. If they weren't willing to go that high when the Chiefs were on the clock, what makes you think they'll give up more once the Chiefs take him?

It would be pure comedy if the Chiefs took him and then got raped in a trade.

Atlas
04-24-2009, 09:27 PM

I'd take that in a heart beat!!

theAPAOps5
04-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Hey Fat Bob wanna make a bet? You think the deal is done and are wrong again. I bet you that your pathetic boss and your pathetic rag are wrong once again. But what can you expect from a truly half ass blog site? So if the Deal isn't Done you wanna go away for a month. If the deal is done I will go away for a month.

This only pertains to Denver and KC. If either trade with other teams the bet is null and void. What do you say?

04-24-2009, 10:00 PM
That's a retarded bet. I have no way of knowing if the Chiefs and Broncos are going to trade. Nick didn't predict a trade.

I'd say that yes, the Chiefs will trade down. It's foolish to do anything else. But I doubt you want to bet about that.

Besides, I like you.

theAPAOps5
04-25-2009, 06:12 AM
LOL now don;t say that it makes being internet mean easier when you don't say things nice to me! LOL

I think trading down is an option for you guys and very viable with all the Sanchez love.

elsid13
04-25-2009, 07:01 AM
LOL now don;t say that it makes being internet mean easier when you don't say things nice to me! LOL

I think trading down is an option for you guys and very viable with all the Sanchez love.

Actually it not. Over the last 5 years no team has trade down out of the top five. I don't see that trend being disrupted

theAPAOps5
04-25-2009, 07:33 AM
Except this years draft is said to have no clear cut top 10 talent save for a few players and the gap is not very wide between the top and bottom of the first.

Mix in the current economic status and I think this year is probably the best year that happens. Now will it I won't bet on it but I think its more likely than before.

snowspot66
04-25-2009, 07:48 AM
It would seem to make that even more unlikely.

Major financial commitment in a year where budgets are tight.
No can't miss top ten talent.

Who would be dumb enough to get into the top 5 voluntarily?

theAPAOps5
04-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Washington

snowspot66
04-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Well hard to argue that. But with them it's not an issue of stupidity so much as it is a lack of assets to move up.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Bumpity bump

Guess there wasn't a standing offer on the table.

SoCalBronco
04-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Bumpity bump

Guess there wasn't a standing offer on the table.

But...but..but...Nick said the deal was done.

Kaylore
04-25-2009, 01:53 PM
THE DEAL IS DONE!!!! Hilarious!

04-25-2009, 03:01 PM
You guys just drafted a freaking running back.

I don't care that Nick was wrong.

BTW we just drafted Big Dick Seymour 2.0.

Orton meet your new frieeend.

04-25-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm just glad we didn't take Chicken Curry or a tackle.

We did the smart thing. No one wanted to give us fair value for #3. So we picked a stud DE. Works for me.

04-25-2009, 03:07 PM
HAHA! You guys just drafted Tamba Hali 2.0.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-25-2009, 03:23 PM
You guys just drafted a freaking running back.

I don't care that Nick was wrong.

BTW we just drafted Big Dick Seymour 2.0.

Orton meet your new frieeend.

Yeah, Jackson is such a huge pass rushing threat. Do you even know what he's supposed to do as a 3-4 DE?

I love that you're shifting the focus now too. You've told us for a week that the Chiefs are going to get a ransom for the #3, and after they reached for a 3-4 DE he's an amazing pick. 2 weeks ago you'd have been down with Jackson only if the Chiefs have traded out of #3. Congrats on your $30M guaranteed DE who will never sniff a Pro Bowl.

04-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Did I say he was a huge pass rushing threat?

C'mon. Don't put words in my mouth.

azbroncfan
04-25-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm just glad we didn't take Chicken Curry or a tackle.

We did the smart thing. No one wanted to give us fair value for #3. So we picked a stud DE. Works for me.

I thought no one blows 3rd pick on 5 technique DE. Wait you wouldn't understand that I meant 3-4 DE.

Here are your quotes fatass.

Quote:KCSHEEPSTUD
The only player who I would like to see KC get at 3 that is proven at a position of need for us is Tyson Jackson.

Yes, there is a LONG history of 3-4 DEs going at #3. :rofl:

SoCalBronco
04-25-2009, 03:41 PM
WPI is reporting that the Chiefs are in talks with the Jets to acquire Sanchez so that they can turn around and demand Denver's 2 2010 1st rounders for Sanchez.

I've got it on good authority from Nick.

The deal is done.

04-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Yes, there is a LONG history of 3-4 DEs going at #3.

Now there is a longer history.

I'm OK with it.