PDA

View Full Version : McD likes Hillis...

cmhargrove
04-17-2009, 02:50 PM
I just thought this needed it's own thread...

Really, I believe Hillis could be a huge component of our offense, i love the guy (man love, not gay love).

McD thinks Hillis is a very versatile player, and they "will find ways to use him."

Another thumbs up for McKid.:thumbs:

Rohirrim
04-17-2009, 02:53 PM
How could you not like Hillis? He's got everything you want in a RB; Size, speed (urp), power, heart, mean streak. Hillis is the man! If McD didn't have the eye to realize what he has in Hillis, I would really start to question his choice of profession.

cmhargrove
04-17-2009, 02:56 PM
How could you not like Hillis? He's got everything you want in a RB; Size, speed (urp), power, heart, mean streak. Hillis is the man! If McD didn't have the eye to realize what he has in Hillis, I would really start to question his choice of profession.

Its just been so long since we tried to build a roster of "bad ass" football players. It kind of brings a tear to your eyes.:vermeil:

Tombstone RJ
04-17-2009, 02:59 PM

Really, I believe Hillis could be a huge component of our offense, i love the guy (man love, not gay love).

McD thinks Hillis is a very versatile player, and they "will find ways to use him."

Don't tell this to Taco, he's got it all figured out on how Hillis is gonna be cut or traded...

Punisher
04-17-2009, 03:06 PM
So he like 1 of the 11 Running Backs

bpc
04-17-2009, 03:08 PM
If used right, Hillis could be a stud in the NE style passing offense. 80-50 guy. I'll take that every game.

lex
04-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I actually think Hillis probably has the best hands on the team. He catches it securely and effortlessly moreso than even Royal, it seems.

broncswin
04-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Its just been so long since we tried to build a roster of "bad ass" football players. It kind of brings a tear to your eyes.:vermeil:

No sh*t man, it will be nice to see guys with some f-ing heart line up on both sides of the ball for us, don't get me wrong we have a few, but not nearly enough YET!! It will be nice to see our QB show a little heart and emotion on the field:strong: :strong:

Drek
04-17-2009, 03:21 PM

What's your source for this? Not that I doubt you, I'm just curious because this is what I've been telling people here for over a month now.

Hillis is the freaking PROTOTYPE single back for the spread. He can pass pro better than nearly any other back, he catches better than nearly any other back, and he is productive as hell inside the tackles. You don't need to give him a lead blocker and no team can effectively game plan for him without outright sticking a man to spy on him all game long.

Pony Boy
04-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Whats not to like?

worm
04-17-2009, 03:40 PM

Are you really praising McDaniels for saying that he thinks Hillis is a very versatile player?!? Isn't that kinda obvious to anybody much less our wunderkid?

I can't wait for the thread after Josh announces that 'crap stinks'.

Another thumbs up for McKid!!! Isn't he wonderful!!! Woohoo!!! ::)

cmhargrove
04-17-2009, 03:56 PM
What's your source for this? Not that I doubt you, I'm just curious because this is what I've been telling people here for over a month now.

Hillis is the freaking PROTOTYPE single back for the spread. He can pass pro better than nearly any other back, he catches better than nearly any other back, and he is productive as hell inside the tackles. You don't need to give him a lead blocker and no team can effectively game plan for him without outright sticking a man to spy on him all game long.

On the front page of Denverbroncos.com you can listen to todays press conference with McD. A reporter in the crowd asks him about Hillis, he fills in the blanks. Looks good for Peyton...

frerottenextelway
04-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Sounds like he's trying to bump up his trade value.

j/k

broncofan2438
04-17-2009, 04:07 PM
We can only hope he like Hilis......At least thats what he is telling us

watermock
04-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Last quote was "He looks like a good role player". and since we paid plenty for washed up crap, I figure he's just pandering to the dumb fans that saw more than he did.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Are you really praising McDaniels for saying that he thinks Hillis is a very versatile player?!? Isn't that kinda obvious to anybody much less our wunderkid?

Yeah I hear you. When a coach says "we'll find ways to use him", isn't that a little like saying, "he's not the starter". If you think a guy's the starter, much less a 25 carry a game bell cow, "find ways to use him" isn't exactly how you put that is it?

cmhargrove
04-17-2009, 04:25 PM

Just for you, my friend...

Doggcow
04-17-2009, 04:25 PM
I actually think Hillis probably has the best hands on the team. He catches it securely and effortlessly moreso than even Royal, it seems.

that over the shoulder catch in double/triple coverage against miami would have been good for Jerry Rice, much less a Fullback. It's true, Hillis has great recieving ability.

Inkana7
04-17-2009, 04:52 PM
Last quote was "He looks like a good role player". and since we paid plenty for washed up crap, I figure he's just pandering to the dumb fans that saw more than he did.

I'm sure that's it, Mock.

lex
04-17-2009, 05:01 PM
that over the shoulder catch in double/triple coverage against miami would have been good for Jerry Rice, much less a Fullback. It's true, Hillis has great recieving ability.
And there was also the catch vs Atlanta by the sidelines. There was a lot going on. He was trying to make the catch, stay in bounds, and get the first down. With all that going on, he made the catch like it was nothing.

outdoor_miner
04-17-2009, 05:24 PM
And there was also the catch vs Atlanta by the sidelines. There was a lot going on. He was trying to make the catch, stay in bounds, and get the first down. With all that going on, he made the catch like it was nothing.

And then there was this one... In my opinion, this play changed the course of the Broncos franchise forever. If he doesn't get hurt, I truly believe the Broncos make the playoffs, and Shanahan/Cutler are still here. Crazy. His valiant effort basically effed everything up!!! :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eATtg3xbY5g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eATtg3xbY5g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Drek
04-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Yeah I hear you. When a coach says "we'll find ways to use him", isn't that a little like saying, "he's not the starter". If you think a guy's the starter, much less a 25 carry a game bell cow, "find ways to use him" isn't exactly how you put that is it?

Hillis shouldn't be a 25 carry a game bell cow.

We shouldn't have one on our team period with how McDaniels' offensive scheme works.

The goal should be to put Hillis in a role where he's our primary HB in the single back sets we'll primarily work out of.

You then have Buckhalter and Young battle to be a guy who can spell Hillis in the single back, giving a bit more speed and evasive running. Arrington/Hall battle to be a return guy and faster RB out of the two back sets, where we either bring in a different fullback or shift Hillis up to the FB position. Lamont Jordan and Ryan Torain battle for the short yardage power back who spells Hillis and helps finish off drives in the red zone.

I wouldn't be surprised if we draft Moreno as he'd be a great pairing with Hillis, both have great hands and make good reads of their pass protection assignments, Moreno offers a bit more wiggle and evasion while Hillis offers more power. Someone like Moreno would supplant Buckhalter and Young's rotational role.

I said when McDaniels was hired that it was a perfect fit for Hillis because he can play as a super sized Kevin Faulk 2.0, and I think that is exactly the role McDaniels sees for him.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Hillis shouldn't be a 25 carry a game bell cow.
I agree, and I've said so in the past. People however, are reading into his comments something that's probably not there.

Inkana7
04-17-2009, 06:19 PM

I'm watching the presser right now. He didn't say "we'll find ways to use him" he said "we'll find ways to use him in a lot of different roles." Totally different.

Sassy
04-17-2009, 06:31 PM
...Hmmm the only thing I agree with McD on so far....

BroncoDoug
04-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Well good, I don't want to have to retire my Hillis jersey along with Elway, McCaffery, Portis, Atwater, and Plummer...

NYBronco
04-17-2009, 06:37 PM
:thumbs: up to keeping Hillis.

oubronco
04-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Just for you, my friend...

:spit:

Los Broncos
04-17-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm assuming he'll be used more in the passing game.

Sucks because I cant get enough of watching him run the rock.

Paladin
04-17-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm watching the presser right now. He didn't say "we'll find ways to use him" he said "we'll find ways to use him in a lot of different roles." Totally different.

You are right, but you miss the point. Some here want to make McD look bad, and further their agenda to see Denver fail. If they actually read or lisend to what he said, they couldn't manufacture the BS they put out about McD......

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Different how? They mean essentially the same thing. Obviously neither statement equates to "he's our starter". I'm not suggesting he should be BTW...frankly I like the guy but I think he's a better 12 carry a game FB who catches 60 passes than he is a starting tailback. Think how effective he'd be at taking pressure off a guy who has the speed to go the distance.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 07:01 PM
You are right, but you miss the point. Some here want to make McD look bad, and further their agenda to see Denver fail. If they actually read or lisend to what he said, they couldn't manufacture the BS they put out about McD......
I prefer the role he's suggested as opposed to him being the starting TB so your analysis here, if it refers to my statement, is incorrect.

BroncoMan4ever
04-17-2009, 09:14 PM

i agree. Hillis is the type of versatile player every coach in the league would love to get their hands on. had McDaniels not seen a way to use someone like him, it would have been very troublesome for me to even think of McDaniels as the intelligent offensive mind he is made out to be.

go_broncos
12-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Bump...LOL

BroncoSojia
12-08-2010, 05:49 PM
i agree. Hillis is the type of versatile player every coach in the league would love to get their hands on. had McDaniels not seen a way to use someone like him, it would have been very troublesome for me to even think of McDaniels as the intelligent offensive mind he is made out to be.

hmmmm...

go_broncos
12-08-2010, 05:53 PM

:thumbsup:

That One Guy
12-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Don't tell this to Taco, he's got it all figured out on how Hillis is gonna be cut or traded...

My favorite of them all.

strafen
12-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Epic.
Golden... :thumbsup::D Ha!

footstepsfrom#27
12-08-2010, 06:02 PM
To bad the role he envisioned was named backup QB eh?

vancejohnson82
12-08-2010, 06:11 PM
not even Bob gets this much satisfaction out of our crap situation....you guys are unreal

at least some people are happy around here though

Taco John
12-08-2010, 06:17 PM

For some reason Tombstone has taken to always busting my balls when he gets the chance. I don't know what I ever did to him...

Boomhauer
12-08-2010, 06:39 PM
not even Bob gets this much satisfaction out of our crap situation....you guys are unreal

at least some people are happy around here though

Crap situation? The coldest part of the night is just before dawn and I, like many others, are very excitted the half-witted Boston dingleberry got shown the door. Crap situation was while McD was still coach, but now the Broncos have a chance to compete on Sundays and become a better team. Something that's been absent for almost two years.

The only ones unhappy around here are the ones that aren't Broncos fans.

bowtown
12-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Aaaaaaaand BF7 chimes in to make it a full blown idiot parade.

BroncoDoug
12-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Well good, I don't want to have to retire my Hillis jersey along with Elway, McCaffery, Portis, Atwater, and Plummer...

Yup, I've had a harder time retiring Hillis' jersey, but I may have to soon...

vancejohnson82
12-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Aaaaaaaand BF7 chimes in to make it a full blown idiot parade.

notice how they all changed their handles?

that's odd