PDA

View Full Version : 4/17/09--Live Press Conference w/ McD--12:20 p.m. MDT

SoDak Bronco
04-17-2009, 09:50 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=7557

Live: Press Conference
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Head Coach Josh McDaniels will be meeting with the press in the media room at the team's Dove Valley facilities this afternoon, following the conclusion of the team's first day of its first Mini Camp.

You can watch the press conference streaming live when it begins -- shortly after 12:20 p.m. MDT.

Click here to watch at that time.

If you miss the media session, don't fret -- we'll have the archived video here on DenverBroncos.com later today.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-17-2009, 09:53 AM
So... is that the ACtual time? Or will he be showering with Orton and Simms at that time?

Punisher
04-17-2009, 09:56 AM
what time is that eastern time?

BroncoBuff
So... is that the ACtual time? Or will he be showering with Orton and Simms at that time?

Oh, SNAP! :~ohyah!:

TheReverend
With McD or with Kenny Peterson?!

montrose
04-17-2009, 10:23 AM
With McD or with Kenny Peterson?!

Haha, I can see this becoming something quite legendary.

bronco militia
04-17-2009, 10:28 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/keA8lG-jTI0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/keA8lG-jTI0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SouthStndJunkie
04-17-2009, 10:39 AM
I can barely contain my excitement.

broncofan2438
04-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Is he going to say that there is an open competition at every position and that he is excitied that he got rid of our franchise QB and has a couple of nuckleheads for QB's now?

Bigdawg26
04-17-2009, 11:04 AM
:alky: Ok so is it before or after he gets wasted with our franchise QB THE KYLE ORTON

TheReverend
04-17-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm gonna skip this one, so someone please reveal all the earth shattering revelations Mc****Stick brings to the table this time.

Also, if someone can run a count on:

Throat clears
Fidgeting
Eye Darts

It'd be appreciated.

cutler_to_marshall
04-17-2009, 11:37 AM
hahaha sounds like an episode of Lie To Me

Paladin
04-17-2009, 11:41 AM
It figures. All the drama queens come out.

Too bad you don't have season tickets. You could donate them to charity in protest. Better yet, tie some tea bags on your wigs and boas, and parade with the other queens.....

Malcontent
04-17-2009, 12:14 PM
I'm gonna skip this one, so someone please reveal all the earth shattering revelations Mc****Stick brings to the table this time.

Also, if someone can run a count on:

Throat clears
Fidgeting
Eye Darts

It'd be appreciated.

Sure..but isn't eye darting a form of fidgeting?

Punisher
04-17-2009, 12:26 PM
lol is just people standing around now

tsiguy96
04-17-2009, 12:34 PM
ummm not working anymore

SoDak Bronco
04-17-2009, 12:34 PM
I am not getting anything...it is frozen on the denver mike. You guys hearing anything yet?

Man-Goblin
04-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Looks like it's locked up for everyone...oh well...

Paladin
04-17-2009, 12:35 PM
And you care why?

Punisher
04-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Yea its frozed The Sub Zero effect

no-pseudo-fan
04-17-2009, 12:39 PM
changed to 1:30

Punisher
04-17-2009, 12:41 PM

McDickhole must have diarrhea :~ohyah!:

tsiguy96
04-17-2009, 12:44 PM
this historically inaccurate presser times is getting annoying.

Man-Goblin
04-17-2009, 12:52 PM
McDaniels is ON! Talking about how much he loves the versatility of Hillis.

Man-Goblin
04-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Said there are no clear starters at LB. Wow DJ.

tsiguy96
04-17-2009, 12:56 PM

you POS i actually believed you.

Man-Goblin
04-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Champ Bailey on.

bronco militia
04-17-2009, 01:00 PM
"Talk is cheap".....Mike Shanahan

crush17
04-17-2009, 01:04 PM
All I have to say is: Champ Bailey is, always has been, and will continue to always be: THE MAN.

We are so lucky to have him.

broncosteven
04-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Was Lonnie Paxton unavailable to talk because his "Mouth was full"?

tsiguy96
04-17-2009, 01:11 PM
champ just said that the locker room wasnt very shaken up over the cutler trade. "you guys blew that up way more then we ever did" to the media.

all you cutlerites can suck it. evne though you are now gonna say "what is he supposed to say?!"

hes champ ****ing bailey, he can say what he wants with very little reason to lie, hes on the opposite side of the ball and plays the game like a professional.

broncosteven
04-17-2009, 01:15 PM
champ just said that the locker room wasnt very shaken up over the cutler trade. "you guys blew that up way more then we ever did" to the media.

all you cutlerites can suck it. evne though you are now gonna say "what is he supposed to say?!"

hes champ ****ing bailey, he can say what he wants with very little reason to lie, hes on the opposite side of the ball and plays the game like a professional.

Sounds like everyone got what they wanted and everyone is happy.

Denver is happy in rebuilding and Chicago has a verve that the City hasn't had since 1985. It is actually fun living here now if people don't know you are a Bronco fan.

At least this year I won't have to worry about a Bronco Bear SB. May a couple years down the line but not this year.

broncswin
04-17-2009, 01:22 PM

Denver is happy in rebuilding and Chicago has a verve that the City hasn't had since 1985. It is actually fun living here now if people don't know you are a Bronco fan.

At least this year I won't have to worry about a Bronco Bear SB. May a couple years down the line but not this year.

Do you really believe the Bears will make it this yearHilarious!

Irish Stout
04-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Champ looked way out of his element. Yes hes the man, yes he can say whatever he wants. I think all these guys know they may not be safe in this organization right now if they're not putting up the performances they need to.

broncosteven
04-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Do you really believe the Bears will make it this yearHilarious!

LIONS, Packers, Vikings - no team has a QB worth a damn. 2 decent D's but nothing scary.

Yes I think DA BEARS could make it to the NFC title game.

eddie mac
04-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Champ looked way out of his element. Yes hes the man, yes he can say whatever he wants. I think all these guys know they may not be safe in this organization right now if they're not putting up the performances they need to.

If Shanahan had treated them like that he'd still have a job.

Rohirrim
04-17-2009, 01:43 PM
I could sense an underlying angst from everyone involved. Obviously, they are lost. Rudderless. No doubt many tears have been shed over the loss of their true captain, Cutler the Great. And yet that cruel overseer McDaniels won't let them speak out. The tyrant! I weep for my poor beleagured team. :Whaaaa!:

Paladin
04-17-2009, 02:08 PM
I could sense an underlying angst from everyone involved. Obviously, they are lost. Rudderless. No doubt many tears have been shed over the loss of their true captain, Cutler the Great. And yet that cruel overseer McDaniels won't let them speak out. The tyrant! I weep for my poor beleagured team. :Whaaaa!:

Hilarious!

^5

If you say that while wearing a girly dress and a fluffy boa, it could've been a statement made in seriousness by a number of the other posters on this thread.....

Good job.......

vancejohnson82
04-17-2009, 02:14 PM

we were rebuilding with or without Cutler

broncosteven
04-17-2009, 02:18 PM
Did McStalin talk about the kicking game at all?

Is Prater the guy or are they going to get a UDFA or spend a late pick to bring in competition at FG? I know no one's job is safe under this regime.

What exactly was said other than party line BS?

broncos-rock
04-17-2009, 02:28 PM
They did bring in a really good college punter or something for a visit. Maybe just a smoke screen because I thought Kern was ok last year. I wonder about Prater as well, is he the guy or not?

broncosteven
04-17-2009, 02:30 PM
They did bring in a really good college punter or something for a visit. Maybe just a smoke screen because I thought Kern was ok last year. I wonder about Prater as well, is he the guy or not?

Kern was serviceable but not a stud. If a pro-bowl QB and our LS are not safe than a poor FG kicker and avg punter better have competition in camp and PS.

Paladin
04-17-2009, 02:43 PM
I took this from a poster on another board:

On QB competition: "Competition is real. Both did good things, both made some mistakes. They are doing everything they can every day to try to get themselves ready to go... both of them."

"You could not see Chris had not played for a while. Both threw the ball well."

Meeting started at 8.30, everyone was in the room at 8.25.
Everybody was attending.

"It's exciting to get out on the field and run a practice with Offense, Defense and Special Teams. It was a productive day.

I was standing with the QBs most of the time together with coach McCoy. It's a little different being the HC but it's fun.

Hillis was out on the field, the other RBs left from last year were still in rehabilition. They will be out soon. Peyton is in good shape, did a lot of good things. Will be used in a lot of different roles.

A lot of guys competing for a lot of spots. No clear cut starters for linebacker, which is logical with the new system.

It was difficult focussing on the punting game being indoor because of the weather.

On Moss and Dumervile: We'll do what our players are able to do. We'll play to the strenghts of the players.

We've evaluated every QB in the draft, and there are a handful of QBs that are interesting. It's doable to go into the season with 2 QBs, but if we can find another QB then we're all for it.

It's good to see the guys on the field before the draft. It's different than seeing them on film

SpringStein
04-17-2009, 02:45 PM
LIONS, Packers, Vikings - no team has a QB worth a damn. 2 decent D's but nothing scary.

Packers, Aaron Rodgers
Vikings - AP plus an outstanding D (considerably better than Chicago's)

Hardly non-contenders.

Paladin
04-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Tells me: No trade for Sanchez. BJ is not likely a target because of the LB remarks. QB late in the draft. Willing to adjust the system to fit the players to a point.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-17-2009, 02:50 PM
Tells me: No trade for Sanchez. BJ is not likely a target because of the LB remarks. QB late in the draft. Willing to adjust the system to fit the players to a point.

I duno, kind of alot to infer over some innocuous comments

theAPAOps5
04-17-2009, 02:50 PM
LIONS, Packers, Vikings, Bears - no team has a QB worth a damn. 2 decent D's but nothing scary.

Edited it and fixed it for you. The Bears got Leaf Jr. the Broncos made out like gang busters!

Hogan11
04-17-2009, 02:51 PM

Champ can say whatever he wants to say true, but he never will...why? Because he is the consummate professional and consummate professionals do not go off message and throw out controversial remarks.

SouthStndJunkie
04-17-2009, 02:52 PM
Believe nothing right now.

The two weeks before the draft = liar's season for all teams.

no-pseudo-fan
04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
you POS i actually believed you.

Now that wasn't very nice. I swear I saw 1:30 when it froze.

broncosteven
04-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Packers, Aaron Rodgers
Vikings - AP plus an outstanding D (considerably better than Chicago's)

Hardly non-contenders.

Aaron Rodgers is inconsistent and Orton beat him last year.

DA BEARS beat the Viks last year with AP and the same D last year. Hell even our D held AP down in the last game of 2007! You could say Cutler has already beat the Viks.

You forgot about the stars on the Lions.

footstepsfrom#27
04-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Kern was serviceable but not a stud. If a pro-bowl QB and our LS are not safe than a poor FG kicker and avg punter better have competition in camp and PS.
Point taken but Kern finished 2nd in the AFC to Shane Lechler with a 46.7 avg, which was also 8th in the league. His net of 37.8 tells you how bad our punt return unit was. In any case that's pretty good for a rookie.

broncofan2438
04-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Believe nothing right now.

The two weeks before the draft = liar's season for all teams.

Yup...the Plummer interview was better

DenverBrit
04-17-2009, 05:43 PM
Here's McD. Champ and Doom are also on the same page.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3255&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

Paladin
04-17-2009, 06:35 PM
..... McStalin.....

No. He just said you were a putzzy coward who talks big on the internet boards, but doesn't know what is going on so you just shoot off your mouth and call people names you wouldn't call them face to face.........

Just reporting, ya know?

Broncoman13
04-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Edited it and fixed it for you. The Bears got Leaf Jr. the Broncos made out like gang busters!

Ryan Leaf career #'s. 21 starts. 4-17 record. 48.4 cmp %. 3666 yds. 14 TDs. 36 INTs.

Jay Cutler careers #s. 37 starts 17-20 record. 62.5 cmp %. 9024 yds. 54 TDs. 37 INTs.

I get that you don't like Cutler and at this point I'm not exactly fond of him either. But, do you have any idea how you look comparing the two? It's like comparing Charles Rogers with Terrell Owens just b/c TO is a head case that causes problems. Fact of the matter is, TO produces on the field, just like Jay.

BroncoMan4ever
04-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Hillis was out on the field, the other RBs left from last year were still in rehabilition. They will be out soon. Peyton is in good shape, did a lot of good things. Will be used in a lot of different roles.

A lot of guys competing for a lot of spots. No clear cut starters for linebacker, which is logical with the new system.

On Moss and Dumervile: We'll do what our players are able to do. We'll play to the strenghts of the players.

i like that he is going to use Hillis.

i like that there is competition on the LB positions and no one is going to just be given the job.

and my favorite part. they are planning to play to the players strengths. i am very happy that it isn't going to be all about a system, and instead they will implement a system and in that system use players in ways they are most effective. we haven't seen that since Coyer.

BroncoBuff
04-17-2009, 11:10 PM
He looked a tad wide-eyed ... but I like him more now. ;D

Cito Pelon
04-18-2009, 10:12 AM

Ah yus, Captain Cutler. The guy who on day one of his "The Phantom Trade" whines stated, "You watch and see what will happen if they trade me. They'll have a revolt on their hands." Hilarious!

Broncos4tw
04-18-2009, 10:30 AM
On QB competition: "Competition is real. Both did good things, both made some mistakes. They are doing everything they can every day to try to get themselves ready to go... both of them."

Translation: We have two average QBs.

And the later comments about looking at QBs in the draft tells me that he sees NOTHING special about Orton. He is an average NFL QB, that can do well in a system... along with almost any other average QB.

I am seriously thinking he may take a QB in the draft now.

Broncoman13
04-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Ah yus, Captain Cutler. The guy who on day one of his "The Phantom Trade" whines stated, "You watch and see what will happen if they trade me. They'll have a revolt on their hands." Hilarious!

Link?

That's not what he stated. He said there would be a lot of guys that were unhappy and he was right, though a lot of them ended up unhappy with Cutler for being a little biatch!

24champ
04-18-2009, 11:32 AM

And the later comments about looking at QBs in the draft tells me that he sees NOTHING special about Orton. He is an average NFL QB, that can do well in a system... along with almost any other average QB.

I am seriously thinking he may take a QB in the draft now.

I got that feeling as well...

Sanchez it is.:unamused:

Broncos4tw
04-18-2009, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to getting Sanchez honestly. I know McD is high on the guy. It's just a pity if we do, since we've frittered away any chance at getting some decent defense players with our draft, if we use those picks to get this guy instead. We simply traded one theoretically franchise QB (which will need training up) for another one. Not the most brilliant first move of this young coaches career.

baja
04-18-2009, 12:47 PM

<B>I am seriously thinking he may take a QB in the draft now.

I don't think that was ever in doubt the question is when.

Cito Pelon
04-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Link?

That's not what he stated. He said there would be a lot of guys that were unhappy and he was right, though a lot of them ended up unhappy with Cutler for being a little biatch!

Yah, I took some unartistic license there. Cutler sure implied there would be a lot of guys ready to make turmoil. Just part of his petulance.

theAPAOps5
04-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Ryan Leaf career #'s. 21 starts. 4-17 record. 48.4 cmp %. 3666 yds. 14 TDs. 36 INTs.

Jay Cutler careers #s. 37 starts 17-20 record. 62.5 cmp %. 9024 yds. 54 TDs. 37 INTs.

I get that you don't like Cutler and at this point I'm not exactly fond of him either. But, do you have any idea how you look comparing the two? It's like comparing Charles Rogers with Terrell Owens just b/c TO is a head case that causes problems. Fact of the matter is, TO produces on the field, just like Jay.

Yeah but CutGeorge just doesn't roll off the tongue as well! That and its great at getting a reaction. ;D